Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rubicon
    Shush It! Mr. Flanigan!!!!

Gosh, why do I read these things! My Eyes!
    Wouldn't worry about that too much...notice it was a season one interview and Joe was toeing the company line at that time. Notice it was GW asking the question too with their own preconceived notions. I think we need to listen to what they're saying *now* on the front and oddly, everyone is keeping mum about any 'romance'. Isn't that interesting?

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
      I believe I've read that one before. IIRC, it was an interview during season 1. In season 2, what with the ZPM, the Deadalus, and Atlantis no longer being in the Wraith's crosshairs, there's a little less of that desperation, and a little more time to live one's life.

Regarding that article, I think it's murky enough to make a lot of possible reactions to a relationship between Sheppard and Weir. Their superious could range from indifferent dismissal to outright condemnation. IMO, they would probably suffer close scrutiny, and some opposition if they did. Not that that couldn't be overcome, but I think it makes the idea of having the ship but "keeping it in the background" unfeasable, at least for a time.

Still, if TPTB are gutsy and clever, it might be an interesting avenue to explore.
      I agree with Hatcheter here and that was an old interview.

Besides, I remember reading that interview and thinking. Talk about vague answers. Notice that he didn't say specifically a romantic relationship with Teyla or anyone for that matter, even if the question was about Shep/Teyla. But then again, I have noticed that there have always been questions about Shep/Teyla asked in interviews/conventions, and very few Shep/Weir.

Also a lot of the interviews floating around came before season two aired. So Maybe we need some new interviews with new equally vague answers.
      ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
        He was! But TPTB said "you will not touch our boy's hair!!"
        Sounds almost like a commandment.

"Thou shalt not touch our boy's hair!"

Definately should be written in stone.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
          Sounds almost like a commandment.

"Thou shalt not touch our boy's hair!"

Definately should be written in stone.
          LOL!

But it amuses me how JF was readily willing to cut his hair for a ride on the jets. He's just too adorable.
          ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
            Wouldn't worry about that too much...notice it was a season one interview and Joe was toeing the company line at that time. Notice it was GW asking the question too with their own preconceived notions. I think we need to listen to what they're saying *now* on the front and oddly, everyone is keeping mum about any 'romance'. Isn't that interesting?
            The other thing is that possibly a reason for all this Shep/Teyla business early on is that they really weren't expecting that incredible thing between Torri and Joe on screen. There's just a spark between them. You can take it any way you like, but they look extremely comfortable on screen together. The other one who works well with both of them is David, but I think with him, it's partly that he gives 'comic relief'.
            I'm sure Torri and Joe are having to get used to people pointing out how good they look on screen together these days!

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
              LOL!

But it amuses me how JF was readily willing to cut his hair for a ride on the jets. He's just too adorable.
              Well it's a jet... and his hair would always grow back. Seems like a rather small price to pay.

But yes, adorable.

Comment

Also a lot of the interviews floating around came before season two aired. So Maybe we need some new interviews with new equally vague answers.
                ::clings to Bama & Athenaktt 's pollyness::

Hopefully our Aussie Sparkies will come out in-force @ the cons, to ask the tough questions that need to be adressed!

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                  The other thing is that possibly a reason for all this Shep/Teyla business early on is that they really weren't expecting that incredible thing between Torri and Joe on screen. There's just a spark between them. You can take it any way you like, but they look extremely comfortable on screen together. The other one who works well with both of them is David, but I think with him, it's partly that he gives 'comic relief'.
                  I'm sure Torri and Joe are having to get used to people pointing out how good they look on screen together these days!
                  Yeah, I get the feeling it's taken Joe a little longer to 'adjust' to the ship idea between John and Eliz. than it may have Torri but then, he was supposed to possibly be romantically involved with the Teyla chaaracter and he may have been a bit disappointed that everyone didn't 'take' to that ship as well as they'd hoped. This is another reason that I'm excited to hear from the Aussies what their reactions and answers are to ship related questions posed at the cons. You figure given what sparkage we've seen on screen since the season one cons and the fact that it's just the two of them together at the cons, that the shippy related questions will follow.... Should be some interesting reports forthcoming.

Comment

I agree with Hatcheter here and that was an old interview.

Besides, I remember reading that interview and thinking. Talk about vague answers. Notice that he didn't say specifically a romantic relationship with Teyla or anyone for that matter, even if the question was about Shep/Teyla. But then again, I have noticed that there have always been questions about Shep/Teyla asked in interviews/conventions, and very few Shep/Weir.

This could be because there have been more instances when Joe and Rachel have been at a con together. I read details about a con that Torri and Joe did, and they weren't even on the same day. The fact that it's the two of them doing these together will have to prompt some non Shep/Teyla talk among fans.
                    I've seen pics of Joe and Rachel obviously at a con together, but never Joe and Torri....
                    Plus, there are so many people here in Aus who know about 'the moment', I'm sure it'll be noticed...

Comment

Don't fret over early season 1 interviews. Remember - all interviews have to be approved by TPTB, which means the cast is saying what they are told in regards to the show (they've all signed non-disclosures anyway).

Rachel Luttrell was pushing Shep/Teyla all through season 1, but her last few interviews she hasn't mentioned it at all, but she has moved to the "Teyla and Ronon definitely have a connection" mode. Besides, I've seen pics of the smooshy kiss she planted on Jason Momoa during the SGA panel at the San Diego con last summer! Poor Joe only got a kiss on the cheek when someone asked about "Conversion".

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Yeah, Joe's hair is really wildly against regulation. The AF's regulations for men's hair are as follows:
                        Hair style will have a tapered appearance on both sides and back, both with and without headgear. A tapered appearance is one that when viewed from any angle outlines the individual’s hair so that it conforms to the shape of the head, curving inward to the natural termination point. Block cut permitted with tapered appearance. [Hair] will not be worn in an extreme or fad style or in such a way that exceeds length or bulk standards or violates safety requirements. Will not touch the ears and only closely cut or shaved hair on the back of the neck may touch the collar. Will not exceed 1 1/4 inches in bulk, regardless of length and not exceed 1/4 inch at the natural termination point. Will not contain or have any visible foreign items attached to it.

Yeah. John's hair violates that half a dozen ways. But with the whole civilian-over-officer thing, they've already established that for the purposes of Stargate, that relationship is okay. As much as I hated the episode Threads, something good did come of it:

Spoiler:
                        KERRY: Is the Air Force the only thing keeping [you and Carter] apart? Rules and regulations? ‘Cause if it is, you’re making a very big mistake.
                        JACK: And you know what I should do?
                        KERRY: Retire.
                        JACK: Again.
                        KERRY: Don’t get me wrong – you are considered invaluable to the program by the Pentagon, but the President has appointed a civilian to run the SGC before. Just a thought.

So as far as SG is concerned, it's okay for a civilian to get involved with one of his or her troops, even a high-profile member of the base's military contingent. Might not be the real-life interpretation or even the spirit of the rule, but that's what aired last spring.
                        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                        Last update: 14 April 2006
                        Melyanna's Multimedia
                        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Hair regulations, like the FDA do not exist in the Pegasus galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                            Hair regulations, like the FDA do not exist in the Pegasus galaxy.
                            Yes, I rather doubt that Elizabeth would tell John to cut his hair. And if Caldwell were to order such a thing, he'd doubtless be accused of hair jealousy.
                            Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                            Last update: 14 April 2006
                            Melyanna's Multimedia
                            Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                              Yes, I rather doubt that Elizabeth would tell John to cut his hair. And if Caldwell were to order such a thing, he'd doubtless be accused of hair jealousy.
                              *snickers* now that just fodder for a bad!fic you know.
                              ~Athena

Comment

Hair Jealousy. That so needs to be on a sig or icon somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X