No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SR, I just rewatched your "Love and happiness" video. Thank you so much for making it.
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      THIS. I love that you mentioned this, because it's true. She's just not one of the usual character types you see on shows like this - and even when they do turn up, they're usually not regulars. Elizabeth, IMO, is a category for herself, completely unique - smart, reasonably independent, strong and courageous, she doesn't show her fears and does have weaknesses, and isn't perfect. I love her too, almost as much as John - only reason why I prefer John is because I can relate to him more. He's more like me.
      That may be why TPTB didn't want to keep her. They didn't know how to write for this character (except Carl Binder) who was not like the others. Yes I'm trying to find an excuse for them.lol

FH: I started the season 2 of LOTS and I looooove Cara.lol
      sigpic
      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

*runs into thread fully clothed* Oh boy a game! You know some of those are going to get us me in trouble, right?

My favorite character is...wait for it....who can guess? John Sheppard

I am tempted to just copy and paste what Anuna said because I agree with every word of it. What is left to say about one of the best characters in SciFi or anywhere for that matter? John Sheppard started out as an ordinary man in extraordinary circumstances but he ended up as an extraordinary man just trying to get through each day as best he could. The universe seemed to conspire against him at times and once in awhile he let it get him down. But through it all he never let down the people he cared about. He was an enigma most of the time and I believe was deliberately written that way. I am not going to blame TPTB for not telling us much about him because I like the idea of John the mystery man. It kept us a little off center and made us wonder at times how he would handle a situation. He could be counted on to risk sacrificing himself if it meant saving those he called family or even complete strangers. Many times he made no such distinction.

The big gaping hole in John's life was the lack of a woman to love him. And again, I think the writers left that open to our interpretation on purpose. His very awkwardness with the women close to him contradicted his comfort with accepting physical attention from women he didn't know. Did he not feel enough or was he afraid of feeling too much? The question that has launched a thousand fanfics.

John, IMHO, was a man on the edge of happiness. Content at times with his work situation, he did his job admirably and even took on extra duties to help in running the city that he thought of as home. The working relationship he had with Elizabeth was amazingly congenial and worked like a well-oiled machine. He was able to control Rodney so that he would be more productive and many times it was John who provided the catalyst that Rodney needed to come up with so many lifesaving ideas. A heartbreaking family situation and a failed marriage didn't stop John from a lightness about him that gave us glimpses of the mischievous little boy he must have been. But there at the edge of darkness when he lost people he cared about or was faced with such a loss, John turned inward and we got a look at his true heart. The episode Vegas put it all in perspective when we were shown the depths to which John Sheppard could have sunk.

I could ramble on some more but will end by saying that of course we all realize that without the superb acting talents of Joe Flanigan, John Sheppard would just have been another action hero in just another TV show.

SR, I just rewatched your "Love and happiness" video. Thank you so much for making it.
        Awww, thanks for rewatching.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
          FH: I started the season 2 of LOTS and I looooove Cara.lol
          Cara is absolutely awesome and Tabrett does an awesome job portraying her.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Speaking of vids. I got Josh Groban's new CD for Christmas and the best Sparky song of all time came with it. Somebody has got to vid this. I would but don't think I have time with having to write for SGARising. Anybody?

Spoiler:
            sigpic

Comment

You guys are making me love the character of Sheppard even more....if that is possible.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                You guys are making me love the character of Sheppard even more....if that is possible.
                It's a tough job but somebody had got to do it.
                sigpic

Comment

I think I agree with Pocus Sheppard should be honored we all love him. And me comparing him to one of my heroes made Shep even more bamf in my mind
                  BALCONIES
                  The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                  sigpic

Comment

They love me? They really do?
                    sigpic

Comment

They love me? They really do?
                      Okay that pic sends my brain straight into gutter - why yes we adore you, John!
                      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

I knew somebody would take it to the gutter!!! LOL! Any fic results from it? *bats eyelashes*
                        sigpic

Comment

Ohthe dirty things I am thinking of doing to him especially in my smut fic I'm writing
                          BALCONIES
                          sigpic

Comment

I knew somebody would take it to the gutter!!! LOL! Any fic results from it? *bats eyelashes*
                            Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                            Ohthe dirty things I am thinking of doing to him especially in my smut fic I'm writing
                            I'm sure I don't have the foggiest idea what you 3 are talking about.

Anuna, you need to clear your PM folder.
                            sigpic

Comment

I know one things for sure my smut fic is about to get smuttier
                              BALCONIES
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                                I know one things for sure my smut fic is about to get smuttier
                                Here's a pic that Mr. SR took in Chicago that might add a bit more inspiration. It's a little fuzzy but I may have bumped his arm when I saw what was happening on stage and went into full out squee mode. Or maybe it was the woman on the other side of him waving her arms and shouting "Oh sweet Lord! Look where he has his hand." Mr. SR remained clueless. Thankfully.

Spoiler:
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X