X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick hello before to go in Lyon for "Fête des lumières"

TLM: Can't wai tto read your story.
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Hey guys, busy life was busy. And we've been without internet at work for two days now... which SUCKS!!!!

I was wondering when someone is gonna update the blog? We're loosing interest in the site!

Sig by me

Comment

OMG Sparkies!! I havent been on here in YEARS. I am so excited to see that it is still alive I've been rewatching season 2 and reliving all the love. Keep it real kids!
        Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
          Hey guys, busy life was busy. And we've been without internet at work for two days now... which SUCKS!!!!

I was wondering when someone is gonna update the blog? We're loosing interest in the site!
          I'll update it shortly. I was kinda waiting to hear from you because you'd posted the last one. I think I'm going to go with the Teyla one I posted a few weeks ago but I need to check and make sure it's g2g.

Hun, don't worry about numbers going down. They're going to, simply because we have nothing delivered and no amount of blog posting is going to keep someone who comes for the stories placated. Viewer interest will diminish as talk about the con decreases and no stories show up. Unfortunately, we just couldn't deliver a story right after Joe did what he did for us. Our best hope is that we can have that happen again at a con when we are closer to having something to pay off for it.

But when the stories start getting published, the numbers will go up and stay up. You can be sure of that.
          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by wizengamot View Post
            OMG Sparkies!! I havent been on here in YEARS. I am so excited to see that it is still alive I've been rewatching season 2 and reliving all the love. Keep it real kids!
            We are pesky and hard to kill and definitely keeping it real. Stay around. Check out our SGARising site.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I should do another con.lol
              Don't think I know you so HI!!!!!
              sigpic
              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Well Im a newbie but hello!
                BALCONIES
                The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                sigpic

Comment

I love stealing people's WiFi. Heh.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  I wish they'd left in the part about John's mother, too? Hey, do you think we should include that in Atlantis Rising?
                  I agree with what I also quoted down the line. Can't change anything canon, but maybe character references about how she treated her sons, how she lived her life, and how it subtly influenced John's life. Without changing canon, of course. Yep.

Lizzeh would probably go veggie. With lots of guacamole. But I'll betcha that John would be able to tempt her with some of that spicy barbacoa. Or maybe some carnitas.

*whines* You evil temptress! Just for that, I'm gonna havta go get some of my favorite carnitas soft tacos!
                  Sorry. I know I'm evil. The fic bunnies made me do it!

Fic rec time! Presenting:

The Fine Art of Jumper Repair, written by our very own Southern Red!
                  OMG, that was exactly what I was picturing when I made that Mechanic!John comment! Right on! *high-fives SK for rec and SR for writing it*

*squeals and runs to read*
                  *chews nail* So ... whatcha think???

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  I've been thinking about that too. I'll have to go and review what we've said about John's background. But we definitely need to work in something about his mom. Without it being a soap opera that turns the readers off. I prefer that we keep with the simple canon story of his overbearing, controlling father. That is enough drama and doesn't need any embellishment. But we need to work in how his mom reacted and what effect it had on young John. I also prefer to let his father be a good man who was just misguided. My canon source for that opinion was Dave's statement that their dad had changed his mind and wanted to mend things with John. I see him as feeling guilty, softening in his old age and wanting to see his son before he died. He died relatively young at 69 so he may have thought there would be more time.
                  Agreed. You so smart!!!

Thanks for that. It's one of my favorites of my own. Now I guess I need to write that shower scene. Aaarrrggghhh! No time. Why do these pesky bunnies pop up at such inconvenient times?

Now I'm off to read Shipper's new fic.
                  Because the fic bunnies are made of fluffy evil and thrown into a dryer one too many times. And yeah. It doesn't hurt them. Believe me, I've tried.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I'm in complete agreement on this. Spare us the soap opera clichés!

From what we learned in "Outcast," Patrick Sheppard struck me as someone who wanted the best for his sons (as any good parent would) and had the means to make it happen, but lost sight of the fact that John and Dave were their own men and might have their own ideas about what they'd want to do with their lives. I really wish we'd gotten to see that conversation between John and Dave at the end of the episode... who knows what insights we might have gotten?
                  I wonder if JM has anymore hidden deleted scenes on his blog about that one???

Heh! *offers a basket of carrots to placate the bunnies*

I do believe that was a part of Anuna's plans for Gravity, yes. And yes, I agree with you and SR about being leery of going into too much detail on the whats, whens and hows of John's mother's death. Since one of our primary goals with Atlantis Rising is to stick to canon, that's going to be a tricky thing to handle. But I think we can do it.
                  WE CAN DO IT!!!

Welcome back!!!

And as a special welcome home/back present for everybody ... I actually completed a story on FF.net.

OMG.

The last chapter of Second Chances is posted, and I daresay, I think everybody will be happy with how it turns out. It stays true to canon. Mostly. Has a few missing scenes from "Rising" in it.

Now off to do some work. I'll be here till the neighbors realize their video streaming is going very slowly and shut off their WiFi.

Comment

Welcome back!!!! Stick around and check out sgarising.com!!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                    I'll update it shortly. I was kinda waiting to hear from you because you'd posted the last one. I think I'm going to go with the Teyla one I posted a few weeks ago but I need to check and make sure it's g2g.

Hun, don't worry about numbers going down. They're going to, simply because we have nothing delivered and no amount of blog posting is going to keep someone who comes for the stories placated. Viewer interest will diminish as talk about the con decreases and no stories show up. Unfortunately, we just couldn't deliver a story right after Joe did what he did for us. Our best hope is that we can have that happen again at a con when we are closer to having something to pay off for it.

But when the stories start getting published, the numbers will go up and stay up. You can be sure of that.
                    I know I shouldn't worry too much about numbers, but still
                    I'm also sorta hoping Joe is gonna be at Fedcon again (even though Fedcon is still denying it) so that I can talk to him again and give him more cards to do once more what he did for Probie
                    Fedcon is in May, so by then we should have some awesome stuff up and getting promoted by actors then would be very much to our advantage then (and I managed to get 'then' three times in one sentence *facepalm*).

Sig by me

Comment

Welcome back!!!! Stick around and check out sgarising.com!!

I know I shouldn't worry too much about numbers, but still
                      I'm also sorta hoping Joe is gonna be at Fedcon again (even though Fedcon is still denying it) so that I can talk to him again and give him more cards to do once more what he did for Probie
                      Fedcon is in May, so by then we should have some awesome stuff up and getting promoted by actors then would be very much to our advantage then (and I managed to get 'then' three times in one sentence *facepalm*).
                      Now THAT would rock.
                      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Hey, welcome back! Stick around for a while, and please check out sgarising.com to see what we're up to!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post

Agreed. The numbers will ebb and flow; that's simply the nature of things. When we start posting episodes, they'll be back up again. Patience is a virtue.

BTW, I totally second posting the Teyla clip for preview. We gotta give our girl some action.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                        OMG, that was exactly what I was picturing when I made that Mechanic!John comment! Right on! *high-fives SK for rec and SR for writing it*
                        Heheheh... I figured you'd like it!

Aaaah!
                        Spoiler:
                        So Elizabeth's alive, but she's from another universe, and she's married, and her John is dead, and wait a second, what is our John doing with a ring? *confused look* My head hurts...

Nope.

And as a special welcome home/back present for everybody ... I actually completed a story on FF.net.

OMG.

The last chapter of Second Chances is posted, and I daresay, I think everybody will be happy with how it turns out. It stays true to canon. Mostly. Has a few missing scenes from "Rising" in it.

Now off to do some work. I'll be here till the neighbors realize their video streaming is going very slowly and shut off their WiFi.
                        Hah! Hey John! It may have been a few years ago, but you still owe Elizabeth a dinner!
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I love stealing people's WiFi. Heh.

I agree with what I also quoted down the line. Can't change anything canon, but maybe character references about how she treated her sons, how she lived her life, and how it subtly influenced John's life. Without changing canon, of course. Yep.

Sorry. I know I'm evil. The fic bunnies made me do it!

Agreed. You so smart!!!

Because the fic bunnies are made of fluffy evil and thrown into a dryer one too many times. And yeah. It doesn't hurt them. Believe me, I've tried.

WE CAN DO IT!!!

Welcome back!!!

OMG.

Glad you liked the fic.

And I love your take on the whole saga in yours. They are definitely destined to be together. Sigh.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I'm dreading writing this Wangsty Sparky part
                            BALCONIES
                            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                            sigpic

Comment

Laptop:
                              Spoiler:

So for like the past year and a half my laptop battery crapped out on me so it wasnt until i was in a position to get some cash that i was able to replace both my laptop charger and battery. i just got my charger so im waiting for more money to come in before i buy my battery but for the mean time i'll be on more often.

Comment

Heheheh... I figured you'd like it!

Aaaah!
                                Spoiler:
                                So Elizabeth's alive, but she's from another universe, and she's married, and her John is dead, and wait a second, what is our John doing with a ring? *confused look* My head hurts...
                                Yep. Pretty much. The next chapter will have all the "setup" information. Like,
                                Spoiler:
                                how did she get to this Atlantis? What happened to her John? And, yeah, why does our John have a ring?
                                Yeah, inquiring minds want to know.

*Shipper asks fic bunnies what is going on with this fic*

*fic bunnies, now lint free, shake head and down another DoubleShot*

Hah! Hey John! It may have been a few years ago, but you still owe Elizabeth a dinner!
                                Ooh, good point! Because you totally screwed her out of some flirty bantering cause you had to go join the Air Force ... butterfly flaps its wings, monsoon in Africa, all that kind of stuff. Now my head hurts.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                Glad you liked the fic.

And I love your take on the whole saga in yours. They are definitely destined to be together. Sigh.
                                Thanks, Auntie!

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                                Laptop:
                                Spoiler:

So for like the past year and a half my laptop battery crapped out on me so it wasnt until i was in a position to get some cash that i was able to replace both my laptop charger and battery. i just got my charger so im waiting for more money to come in before i buy my battery but for the mean time i'll be on more often.
                                Sorry to hear about your laptop problems. But at least you can still hang around here, right???

Comment

Working...
                                X