Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Well, I certainly do like the manliness that cones along with some scruff and few bruises. Not bad ones. And like you said, Elizabeth can kiss them better and they can banter about it. Yeah, that sounds like a prompt.
    Ohhhh yeah...

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
    Again there's Kolyas logic during common ground I send a wraith Ill get Sparky
    Yup. Smart man, that Kolya.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Yup. Smart man, that Kolya.
      Too bad they killed him, we could have gotten more Sparky.
      BALCONIES
      The Breeding Ground of Ships.
      sigpic

Comment

Too bad they killed him, we could have gotten more Sparky.
        Heck, we still got more Sparky even after they "killed" him... let's not forget how in Season 5's "Remnants," not!Kolya was taunting Sheppard about all of his past failures, how he couldn't even protect his people. Originally, there was going to be a line where Kolya specifically mentioned how Sheppard let Weir slip through his fingers, but it had to be cut because the script was running long. But it was there. Sparky wins again.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Adding onto my Kolya is a Sparky Shipper Joke I couldn't resist after seeing these screencaps:

Part 1

Sheppard: And why did you Kidnap Me?

Kolya: I wan't some Sparky Action! I know if I intervene and torture you I will get some Sparky!

Sheppard: You Kidnapped me over Sparky....Wait....what's Sparky?

Kolya: *rolls eyes* You and Elizabeth Colonel.

Sheppard: So you are kidnapping me to set me up with Elizabeth...who are you....Yenta?
          BALCONIES
          sigpic

Comment

Heck, we still got more Sparky even after they "killed" him... let's not forget how in Season 5's "Remnants," not!Kolya was taunting Sheppard about all of his past failures, how he couldn't even protect his people. Originally, there was going to be a line where Kolya specifically mentioned how Sheppard let Weir slip through his fingers, but it had to be cut because the script was running long. But it was there. Sparky wins again.
            And that scene is canon baby. I also wish they had left in the part about John's mother. We never got one single thing about her. I'm thinking since he is so thoughtful of others (the way he treated Jeannie comes to mind) that she must have been really special and a very strong woman who influenced him more than all his father's blustering.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hah! And now you've got me wondering what John and Elizabeth would order if they walked into a Chipotle for lunch.
              Definitely guacamole and chips, I'll say that much! My guess, John would've gotten a burrito, probably steak, because they don't have turkey and chicken is too girly (I love chicken, BTW ). Elizabeth, being proper, would've gotten a burrito bowl, either vegetarian or maybe chicken (see above pollo comment).

And, SK, I'm running away now because I HAD CHIPOTLE FOR LUNCH!!! ... It was sooooo good!

It's going to be on Fox, so you don't need cable to watch it. Just an antenna. And lots of chocolate.
              Sweet! I'll see what I can do!

Oh, I don't mind seeing him bruised and beaten. After all, it gives Elizabeth a chance to play doctor... you know, cleaning and bandaging his wounds, kissing it to make it all better, that sort of thing...
              AMEN!!!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Deal. I like him dirty and sweaty but not bruised and beaten. Especially if it leads to showering with Elizabeth.
              *has guttery image float through head*

Ooh, thanks. Now I can't stop thinking of Mechanic!John ... whoever he is.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
              That sounds like a prompt. I wish my life wasn't THIS HECTIC. *goes crazy*
              *joins Anuna in going crazy*

True that!

Adding onto my Kolya is a Sparky Shipper Joke I couldn't resist after seeing these screencaps:

Part 1

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l319/ChevronOne/episodes/atlantis-s03/s03e07-CommonGround/121.jpg[/IMG]

Sheppard: And why did you Kidnap Me?

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l319/ChevronOne/episodes/atlantis-s03/s03e07-CommonGround/123.jpg[/IMG]

Kolya: I wan't some Sparky Action! I know if I intervene and torture you I will get some Sparky!

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l319/ChevronOne/episodes/atlantis-s03/s03e07-CommonGround/127.jpg[/IMG]

Sheppard: You Kidnapped me over Sparky....Wait....what's Sparky?

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l319/ChevronOne/episodes/atlantis-s03/s03e07-CommonGround/128.jpg[/IMG]

Kolya: *rolls eyes* You and Elizabeth Colonel.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l319/ChevronOne/episodes/atlantis-s03/s03e07-CommonGround/121.jpg[/IMG]

Sheppard: So you are kidnapping me to set me up with Elizabeth...who are you....Yenta?
              ROFLMBO!!! *claps* Perfect job!!!

And that scene is canon baby. I also wish they had left in the part about John's mother. We never got one single thing about her. I'm thinking since he is so thoughtful of others (the way he treated Jeannie comes to mind) that she must have been really special and a very strong woman who influenced him more than all his father's blustering.
              Hmm. Good insight.

Now, for a little shameless self promotion:

My 20th fic, On The Other Side, is up at FF.net. This is the Sparky dream inspired fic, and because the events of this chapter is what I had the dream about, the first chapter, prologue, whatever, isn't written yet. But it will be soon. Not really sure where this one's gonna go. We'll see!

Gotta go pay some bills, still around ...

Comment

Glad you enjoyed my dear Shipper. Unfortunately I am writing a passage about Sparky which is sad, what happens it mentions that Sparky was together, but the events of Common Ground causes the two to break up because she is so afraid her love will kill him, poor Sparky, I shall post a passage to my Sparky Folk to read though it will cause tears.
                BALCONIES
                sigpic

Comment

Glad you enjoyed my dear Shipper. Unfortunately I am writing a passage about Sparky which is sad, what happens it mentions that Sparky was together, but the events of Common Ground causes the two to break up because she is so afraid her love will kill him, poor Sparky, I shall post a passage to my Sparky Folk to read though it will cause tears.
                  I forgive you in advance.

Well, probably should be off to bed ... or working on my stories, at least, before the bunnies try to kill me. Again.

Night!

Comment

I wish they'd left in the part about John's mother, too? Hey, do you think we should include that in Atlantis Rising?

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                    Definitely guacamole and chips, I'll say that much! My guess, John would've gotten a burrito, probably steak, because they don't have turkey and chicken is too girly (I love chicken, BTW ). Elizabeth, being proper, would've gotten a burrito bowl, either vegetarian or maybe chicken (see above pollo comment).
                    Lizzeh would probably go veggie. With lots of guacamole. But I'll betcha that John would be able to tempt her with some of that spicy barbacoa. Or maybe some carnitas.

And, SK, I'm running away now because I HAD CHIPOTLE FOR LUNCH!!! ... It was sooooo good!
                    *whines* You evil temptress! Just for that, I'm gonna havta go get some of my favorite carnitas soft tacos!

*has guttery image float through head*

Ooh, thanks. Now I can't stop thinking of Mechanic!John ... whoever he is.
                    Fic rec time! Presenting:

The Fine Art of Jumper Repair, written by our very own Southern Red!

Now, for a little shameless self promotion:

My 20th fic, On The Other Side, is up at FF.net. This is the Sparky dream inspired fic, and because the events of this chapter is what I had the dream about, the first chapter, prologue, whatever, isn't written yet. But it will be soon. Not really sure where this one's gonna go. We'll see!

Gotta go pay some bills, still around ...
                    *squeals and runs to read*

*wibbles* Oh no! I hope it'll have a happy ending! 'Cause it's never fun to see John cry...

Comment

I *wibbles* Oh no! I hope it'll have a happy ending! 'Cause it's never fun to see John cry...
                      Well John will get a happy ending with a cross fandom (since it is a crossover) Character and Elizabeth will find love too with someone else on the team.....but I will one day make a Sparky fic that keeps them together!
                      BALCONIES
                      sigpic

Comment

I wish they'd left in the part about John's mother, too? Hey, do you think we should include that in Atlantis Rising?
                        I've been thinking about that too. I'll have to go and review what we've said about John's background. But we definitely need to work in something about his mom. Without it being a soap opera that turns the readers off. I prefer that we keep with the simple canon story of his overbearing, controlling father. That is enough drama and doesn't need any embellishment. But we need to work in how his mom reacted and what effect it had on young John. I also prefer to let his father be a good man who was just misguided. My canon source for that opinion was Dave's statement that their dad had changed his mind and wanted to mend things with John. I see him as feeling guilty, softening in his old age and wanting to see his son before he died. He died relatively young at 69 so he may have thought there would be more time.

Fic rec time! Presenting:

The Fine Art of Jumper Repair, written by our very own Southern Red!
                        Thanks for that. It's one of my favorites of my own. Now I guess I need to write that shower scene. Aaarrrggghhh! No time. Why do these pesky bunnies pop up at such inconvenient times?

Now I'm off to read Shipper's new fic.
                        sigpic

Comment

I've been thinking about that too. I'll have to go and review what we've said about John's background. But we definitely need to work in something about his mom. Without it being a soap opera that turns the readers off. I prefer that we keep with the simple canon story of his overbearing, controlling father. That is enough drama and doesn't need any embellishment. But we need to work in how his mom reacted and what effect it had on young John. I also prefer to let his father be a good man who was just misguided. My canon source for that opinion was Dave's statement that their dad had changed his mind and wanted to mend things with John. I see him as feeling guilty, softening in his old age and wanting to see his son before he died. He died relatively young at 69 so he may have thought there would be more time.

Thanks for that. It's one of my favorites of my own. Now I guess I need to write that shower scene. Aaarrrggghhh! No time. Why do these pesky bunnies pop up at such inconvenient times?

Now I'm off to read Shipper's new fic.
                          I'm with you on the canon about his Mom. We don't have much on her--not even how she died or why, or how old John actually was--and I get a little antsy about trying to put a huge new plot behind it (especially something as traumatic for a child/young man as the death of a parent).

But I think Anuna was going to broach at least the feelings of loss and turmoil that arose in John from losing his Mom in Gravity, right? Without getting too specific into details?
                          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                            I'm with you on the canon about his Mom. We don't have much on her--not even how she died or why, or how old John actually was--and I get a little antsy about trying to put a huge new plot behind it (especially something as traumatic for a child/young man as the death of a parent).

But I think Anuna was going to broach at least the feelings of loss and turmoil that arose in John from losing his Mom in Gravity, right? Without getting too specific into details?
                            That sounds good. Like you I am squeamish about pulling whole new backgrounds out of orifaces inventing background stories not based on canon evidence for any of them. I'd rather just leave it vague or do a sketchy bit that won't alarm anyone or turn off fans. I mean why is it really necessary to go into elaborate detail? We have a story to tell with action and suspense and humor and can enhance it with relationship bits between the characters without making it a soap opera. I'm sure Anuna will treat John with the utmost respect and stay true to his character. As will we all. *nods*
                            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I'm in complete agreement on this. Spare us the soap opera clichés!

From what we learned in "Outcast," Patrick Sheppard struck me as someone who wanted the best for his sons (as any good parent would) and had the means to make it happen, but lost sight of the fact that John and Dave were their own men and might have their own ideas about what they'd want to do with their lives. I really wish we'd gotten to see that conversation between John and Dave at the end of the episode... who knows what insights we might have gotten?

Heh! *offers a basket of carrots to placate the bunnies*

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post

I do believe that was a part of Anuna's plans for Gravity, yes. And yes, I agree with you and SR about being leery of going into too much detail on the whats, whens and hows of John's mother's death. Since one of our primary goals with Atlantis Rising is to stick to canon, that's going to be a tricky thing to handle. But I think we can do it.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!
                                Great I'm writing sparky Angst at the moment, Poor John reminisces on their breakup....ironically Koyla causes the end of Sparky in this one (and he's the one who brings sparky together)
                                BALCONIES
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X