Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    Ooh, awesome picture! Yep, Amy Adams has my vote too. Just as long as John doesn't fall too hard.
    Oh, that won't be a problem. Lizzeh will be there soon to help pick him up. Heheheh...
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

You know, the thing about Simon is that although he was obviously far from the first actor to play multiple roles on Stargate, he was probably the only one who played two characters important enough for it to be really legitimately a major distraction.

Funnily enough he happened to play the love interest of both of the former heads of the Atlantis expedition. Good thing Carter and Weir were never around each other to compare notes. I almost wondered if in case we ever do get that SGA movie, he'd be rehired to play Woolsey's surprisingly manly ex-wife or something.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
        And Probie, you ROCK, girlfriend!!!! What a great convention you had!
        So much love in this thread for me...I love it.
        Yes I had a great convention.
        I love his face on th epic. It was so confuse at the beginning and after he started to smile. He thoughts it was just for me. Come on, I won't give you 500 cards.lol
        sigpic
        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
          Kristen Dalton's the actress that always comes to mind first when I think of red headed actresses. She's 44. But she may not be the type you're looking for I don't know. I have nothing to urge either way - as one of your resident lurkers I'm just throwing it out there.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot, she's also played on Stargate before - she played the human goa'uld hybrid in Resurrection. I confess I don't remember that episode very well though. Here's a pic.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0198306/
          http://www.kristendalton.com/

Well, and there's Amanda Righetti from The Mentalist, but she may be a little young - 27 I think.
          Kristen is gorgeous and I'd have picked her if I hadn't seen Amy Adams first. It would have been fun to have a slightly older actress play Mayel. But I too am sticking with Amy.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
          You know, the thing about Simon is that although he was obviously far from the first actor to play multiple roles on Stargate, he was probably the only one who played two characters important enough for it to be really legitimately a major distraction.

Funnily enough he happened to play the love interest of both of the former heads of the Atlantis expedition. Good thing Carter and Weir were never around each other to compare notes. I almost wondered if in case we ever do get that SGA movie, he'd be rehired to play Woolsey's surprisingly manly ex-wife or something.
          I'm glad I had set my coffee down before I read that last line. The curly hairdo would definitely make that possible. Simon in Home was masculine and handsome and would have definitely given John a run for his money. I would love to throw out the idea that they fugglied him up to make the breakup easier, but I don't want to start rumors.

In fact, didn't Garwin Sanders say that he thought when he was hired that they were married but then suddenly he was just the boyfriend. I would love to know when and how TPTB changed their minds. Hmmm?

Originally posted by Probie View Post
          So much love in this thread for me...I love it.
          Yes I had a great convention.
          I love his face on th epic. It was so confuse at the beginning and after he started to smile. He thoughts it was just for me. Come on, I won't give you 500 cards.lol
          We loved you before my dear. We adore you now. And your friends who went with you too. I love the pic I just saw on Twitter of Joe looking at the book for Sarah. Such a good thing they did.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            She's cute but too young. I still like Amy Adams best.

Such a Joe expression. Like "what am I supposed to do with all those?" LOL But he figured it out. Good for him.
            Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Sweet! I am so snerching that pic!

Hmm, that's a good point, Gemma does look a little young in some of the shots I've seen. The casting sides for "Rising" said that Sheppard was supposed to be around 35-40, and Joe Flanigan was 37 at the time, so I've been picturing Mayel to be just about that age, maybe 3-4 years younger at the most.

Oooh, Dalton's definitely around the right age, though I'm kind of leaning away from picking someone who's been on Stargate before; let's not forget the endless Narim/Simon jokes. At least Narim had better hair than Simon's in "The Intruder."

Righetti might do; she looks a bit more mature than Arterton, and if we want to make Mayel a bit younger than Sheppard, I think she'd be a good choice.

But I'm still sticking with Amy Adams.
            Oooo--I'd get railed at if I were a casting director! *LOL* I'm not looking at age, but what fits in my mind for the character. Gemma's youth never occurred to me--I liked her because she was womanly and strong. Tough, like someone who could withstand going through hypoxia and solitary confinement and survive on her will alone. I like Amy, but I can't picture her doing some of what Mayel is doing right now--I keep seeing her dancing around in Enchanted.

I guess, age-wise, I pictured someone skilled as a warrior and in my mind, a little younger because the Genii have seen so many losses and it sort of made sense to have their seasoned warriors be late-twenties to mid-thirties.

But this is writing, so whatever floats the groups' boat. I'm not really going to be using the casting choice as my inspiration for writing--Mayel looks like what Mayel looks like in my head, and since that's what keeps me going with her personality, that's what I'll stick with. Though perhaps it would be a good idea to limit too much physical description--whatever the casting choice will be, I think we'll all picture her a little differently, and that way we don't run in contrast with what previous writers have done before. So long as her personality meshes in the story, it will be okay.
            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

SR: You will love me more when you will learn that I was front ot him when he saw this book. He talked to us in french and was very touched by it. Prisci (my friend) took this pic and I pushed Titine because she was scared. Titine had a beautiful idea and Prisci and I helped her to write the messages on it and we pay a part of the book.
              I'm everywhere.lol
              sigpic
              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post

OMFG! *dies laughing*

I'm glad I had set my coffee down before I read that last line. The curly hairdo would definitely make that possible. Simon in Home was masculine and handsome and would have definitely given John a run for his money. I would love to throw out the idea that they fugglied him up to make the breakup easier, but I don't want to start rumors.
                *snerks*

In fact, didn't Garwin Sanders say that he thought when he was hired that they were married but then suddenly he was just the boyfriend. I would love to know when and how TPTB changed their minds. Hmmm?
                I seem to recall Mallozzi saying something like that as well. Hmmm...

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                Oooo--I'd get railed at if I were a casting director! *LOL* I'm not looking at age, but what fits in my mind for the character. Gemma's youth never occurred to me--I liked her because she was womanly and strong. Tough, like someone who could withstand going through hypoxia and solitary confinement and survive on her will alone. I like Amy, but I can't picture her doing some of what Mayel is doing right now--I keep seeing her dancing around in Enchanted.

I guess, age-wise, I pictured someone skilled as a warrior and in my mind, a little younger because the Genii have seen so many losses and it sort of made sense to have their seasoned warriors be late-twenties to mid-thirties.
                Though I suppose the whole 'Enchanted' thing works in a way-- casting against type and all that.

I admit, I was picturing someone perhaps a little younger than Sheppard (though not too much younger; mid-thirties sounds good to me as the lower limit), but still one of the oldest of their veterans. I wanted her to be old enough to have experienced similar losses and soldier's duty-related crap, so they could have that in common and bond over it.

But this is writing, so whatever floats the groups' boat. I'm not really going to be using the casting choice as my inspiration for writing--Mayel looks like what Mayel looks like in my head, and since that's what keeps me going with her personality, that's what I'll stick with. Though perhaps it would be a good idea to limit too much physical description--whatever the casting choice will be, I think we'll all picture her a little differently, and that way we don't run in contrast with what previous writers have done before. So long as her personality meshes in the story, it will be okay.
                Agreed. A basic 'tall, fair skin, red hair (wavy/curly or straight?), and eye color' with any embellishment related to the character's mood in a particular scene is probably as far as we should go.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm in the middle of setting up the Wordpress blog and I'm not sure if this happened by accident or not but I lol'ed so hard and wanted to share it with you guys!!

Sig by me

Comment

I agree on limiting Mayel's physical description to the basics, but just for kicks...

Gemma Arterton as Mayel. Again, I just colored different clothes and altered the color and style of her hair (or attempted to).

Spoiler:

The shading's not as good on this one I think, and her hair's a bit wonky, but you get the general idea.
                    sigpic
                    Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                      I agree on limiting Mayel's physical description to the basics, but just for kicks...

Gemma Arterton as Mayel. Again, I just colored different clothes and altered the color and style of her hair (or attempted to).

The shading's not as good on this one I think, and her hair's a bit wonky, but you get the general idea.
                      Emmm, that's pretty close to what I see in my head. Hair's not quite as red (and she's not smiling because she's generally not in a good mood in this episode), but, yeah, same structure.
                      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Note for those in the US: today's rerun on SyFy is Season 3's 'The Real World.' Sparkyrific squee ahead!

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                        I'm in the middle of setting up the Wordpress blog and I'm not sure if this happened by accident or not but I lol'ed so hard and wanted to share it with you guys!!

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_o5ilIjkMTsc/TP...ess_sparky.jpg
                        *cracks up* OMG, that's just too funny! And just for kicks, I dare you to make a blog post about it.

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/v...sMayelcopy.jpg

Eeeee, she's cute! Darn, now I'm back to not being able to decide between them again!

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_o5ilIjkMTsc/TP...ess_sparky.jpg
                          Haha!! That is hilarious!

Emmm, that's pretty close to what I see in my head. Hair's not quite as red (and she's not smiling because she's generally not in a good mood in this episode), but, yeah, same structure.
                          Yeah, I had some trouble finding a decent picture for her. I was trying to find one where her hair was reddish and had the right style, but there weren't that many to choose from that I found. Same with her expression; it's difficult to find a posed pic like that where they're not smiling. Maybe this is later, after she and John have gotten together.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Eeeee, she's cute! Darn, now I'm back to not being able to decide between them again!
                          Hee. Thanks.
                          sigpic
                          Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Yeah, I had some trouble finding a decent picture for her. I was trying to find one where her hair was reddish and had the right style, but there weren't that many to choose from that I found. Same with her expression; it's difficult to find a posed pic like that where they're not smiling. Maybe this is later, after she and John have gotten together.
                            Heh, I imagine they'd both be smiling after that.

Comment

Gateworld OT
                              Spoiler:
                              am I the only one that's having a hard time getting on the gateworld homepage?

EDIT: Never Mind.
                              Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 02 December 2010, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Who's Mayel again?

Comment

Working...
                                X