Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    If all you say is "ImetJoeOMGOMGImetJoe" we will still think it is interesting. When is your con? The last weekend of Nov?
    28/29 Nov. I hope I will say "OH MY GOD I MET JOE!!!" with the same excitement because for the moment it's just "NO I DON'T WANT TO TAKE A PLANE!!!".lol
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

On beating up John. Sometimes I got the feeling TPTB thought that was romantic. LOL

But one has to really wonder how MGM could approve books that just ignore the parts of canon they don't like and make up stuff out of thin air to explain what they wished had happened. Are those books still being published by the way? Not much is mentioned about them.

If all you say is "ImetJoeOMGOMGImetJoe" we will still think it is interesting. When is your con? The last weekend of Nov?
      MGM is just the parent company--the ones who matter and who might take offense are the creators, and I don't think they're interested in really being a part of the tie-ins.

For MGM the bottom line is sales and money and the more talk something gets, the more money it'll make. They don't really have to care much more about it. On rare occasions you'll get a parent company that has a personal stake in something (like ABC and how much the execs over there cared about LOST) but for the most part it's not their business to make sure merchandise makes everyone happy. While a huge outcry all on the same side might make a company sit up and pay attention, I don't think there's enough protest against any of the tie-ins to budge MGM away from the bottom line.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
      That about sums it up for me. It might've developed more than that, but TPTW never pursued it. Was that due to the actress not being available (presumably that's why what's her face was there in The Lost Tribe) or just that they kinda forgot about it?

Especially considering she would've had plenty of good scenes with Teyla in the eps following, especiallywith the loss of the Athosians, as well as her uncertainty about going back to work.

No, they didn't. *%@$!@^&$* indeed.

They considered it boring because they didn't need to do any CGI. Hot Zone, ToR, TS/TE anyone?

That's true. I know the comics and novels are popular, but not everyone reads them. And given that they never reference them on the show (they might, I wouldn't realise if they did), I've always thought of them as an AU. Which is why I don't really care about them - if it didn't happen on-screen (or at least be referenced), then it didn't really happen (for me).

True again. And there are ways of putting people in jeoprady without actually killing them too.

It might've altered somewhat if they'd actually gotten together, who knows?

I don't really count her as such. Sure, Ford, or even Lorne were, because you could slot another member of the military into their role pretty much straight away. But the same can't be said for Kate. And having her die in a dream was just lame, no matter how you look at it.

Only when it suits them, it seems
      Yeah, even straight up continuations are rarely followed with the same vigor as the TV show. Didn't Buffy have an entire officially sanctioned season in comic books that's supposed to be canon?

The only thing I can think of that's truly a continuation in another medium that worked was Firefly's follow up movie, Serenity. And maybe the X-Files movies, though I've still not seen the second film and I used to be a die-hard X-Phile.
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
        28/29 Nov. I hope I will say "OH MY GOD I MET JOE!!!" with the same excitement because for the moment it's just "NO I DON'T WANT TO TAKE A PLANE!!!".lol
        Don't worry. After you meet him, you'll be able to float home all by yourself and won't need a plane.

Will it help you relax if I tell you it's true that he's better looking in person?
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Don't worry. After you meet him, you'll be able to float home all by yourself and won't need a plane.

Will it help you relax if I tell you it's true that he's better looking in person?
          LOL
          I'm sure he's better looking in person. I can't wait to hea him talking in french.
          sigpic
          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
            LOL
            I'm sure he's better looking in person. I can't wait to hea him talking in french.
            And you have to promise to translate everything he says back to you.
            sigpic

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen, after a brief jaunt over to Propworx's office in Santa Ana, I am pleased to report that THE SPARKY MINT JAR has been officially secured at it's permanent home at Fort Kitty. Photos will be forthcoming in a couple of hours.

On beating up John. Sometimes I got the feeling TPTB thought that was romantic. LOL
              *snorts*

But one has to really wonder how MGM could approve books that just ignore the parts of canon they don't like and make up stuff out of thin air to explain what they wished had happened. Are those books still being published by the way? Not much is mentioned about them.
              And just to build on what Eri said about MGM really only being interested in making money, that no doubt is what prompted MGM Consumer Products (aka the merchandising division) to give the okay to the novels even though the studio already had a finished script for a post-series movie that would be covering the same basic storyline (getting Atlantis back to the Pegasus Galaxy and what comes after). They wanted to strike while the iron was still hot and squeeze whatever money they could out of us, and they didn't care that there was going to be two competing and contradictory versions of the 'Atlantis returning to Pegasus' story to confuse fans. Pretty sloppy, in my opinion.

That about sums it up for me. It might've developed more than that, but TPTW never pursued it. Was that due to the actress not being available (presumably that's why what's her face was there in The Lost Tribe) or just that they kinda forgot about it?
              Not sure, actually.

They considered it boring because they didn't need to do any CGI. Hot Zone, ToR, TS/TE anyone?
              Indeed. Some of their best episodes were very light on the expensive effects.

That's true. I know the comics and novels are popular, but not everyone reads them. And given that they never reference them on the show (they might, I wouldn't realise if they did), I've always thought of them as an AU. Which is why I don't really care about them - if it didn't happen on-screen (or at least be referenced), then it didn't really happen (for me).
              No, they've never referenced the novels or comics on the show. In fact, various TPTW have repeatedly stated that the novels aren't canon, and presumably the comics aren't really, either.

True again. And there are ways of putting people in jeoprady without actually killing them too.
              Exactly.

It might've altered somewhat if they'd actually gotten together, who knows?
              Maybe. We'll never know, now.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*sigh*

I miss it here.

Working on fics when I get the time, but between two jobs (47 hours this week, hooray! *sarcasm*), taking care of stuff at home, and ... oh, breathing ... I can't catch a break!

Hope you had fun at con, SK, can't wait to see pics of JAR!!!

Anuna, loved the snip from Box of Dreams!

And -- oh hey, what do you know? Back to work. Again.

Have a good night!

Comment

Let's face it, Larrin was the only woman he pursued. He "never saw it coming" with the rest of them. The times when he asked for her "number" and asked what's her face if she talked about him were more than he ever did regarding another woman. So I can see where non-shippers of him with one of the regular cast members could look at her as a potential girlfriend. Plus I think they had good chemistry of the "You're hot, I'm hot, whatta ya think?" sort.
                  I don't think Larrin was the only one. What about Chaya? And maybe he didn't pursue Teer, but wasn't she the only one he ended up having an actual relationship with?
                  "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Ladies and gentlemen, after a brief jaunt over to Propworx's office in Santa Ana, I am pleased to report that THE SPARKY MINT JAR has been officially secured at it's permanent home at Fort Kitty. Photos will be forthcoming in a couple of hours.
                    Oh boy, can't wait. This will call for a celebration.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                      I don't think Larrin was the only one. What about Chaya? And maybe he didn't pursue Teer, but wasn't she the only one he ended up having an actual relationship with?
                      Oh yeah. I conveniently forgot about them. But since they didn't last beyond one ep, they don't really count. Technically, though you could say Teer pursued him until he let himself be caught. And Chaya just vamped him. Larrin, on the other hand, was smart enough not to let him know she was interested. I think he likes the suspense and the thrill of the chase.
                      sigpic

Comment

Photo shoot for THE SPARKY MINT JAR is in progress...

Oh boy, can't wait. This will call for a celebration.
                        Hope someone's got some cake!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                        *sigh*

I miss it here.

Working on fics when I get the time, but between two jobs (47 hours this week, hooray! *sarcasm*), taking care of stuff at home, and ... oh, breathing ... I can't catch a break!

Hope you had fun at con, SK, can't wait to see pics of JAR!!!

Anuna, loved the snip from Box of Dreams!

And -- oh hey, what do you know? Back to work. Again.

Have a good night!
                        Had lots of fun at the con!

Sorry to hear work is being such a drag on you right now; hopefully it'll let up soon!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                        Very true. On the other hand, they were still just love interests of the week.

Oh yeah. I conveniently forgot about them. But since they didn't last beyond one ep, they don't really count. Technically, though you could say Teer pursued him until he let himself be caught. And Chaya just vamped him. Larrin, on the other hand, was smart enough not to let him know she was interested. I think he likes the suspense and the thrill of the chase.
                        Well, we're gonna give him one helluva chase in Atlantis Rising, aren't we? Muahahahah...
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen. Behold!

Spoiler:

And it seems my John and Elizabeth action figures decided they wanted to have some fun with the camera and the jar when my back was turned...

Spoiler:
                          Elizabeth thanks John for a lovely birthday present...

And John gets his reward...

So, are we having fun yet?

Comment

And it seems my John and Elizabeth action figures decided they wanted to have some fun with the camera and the jar when my back was turned...

Spoiler:

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/y...t%20Jar/03.png

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/y...t%20Jar/04.png

SQUEE! Hooray for the Sparky Mint Jar! Lol at the action figures.

---

Well, ladies and gentlemen, it's new artwork time! Remember my Sparky kids time travel story, Isn't Supposed to Be? Well, recently the muse for that story has decided to make a small come-back after being absent since March. *kicks muse* I actually managed to write a bit on it the other day, which felt awesome. Anywho... pointless ramblings aside...

I drew/created a poster/cover/what have you for the story, featuring Connor and Emily drawn by me and John and Liz inserted with the magic that is Photoshop. This was basically all I did last Saturday.

Spoiler:

So whatcha guys think?
                            sigpic
                            Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

THIS IS EPIC! Wheeeeeeee, I'm so happy for you! *hugs*
                              sigpic

Comment

Whoo baby, we've got 11 guests in here! Sparky must be popular.

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                                SQUEE! Hooray for the Sparky Mint Jar! Lol at the action figures.
                                What can I say? Those two were quite persistent. LOL!

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                                Well, ladies and gentlemen, it's new artwork time! Remember my Sparky kids time travel story, Isn't Supposed to Be? Well, recently the muse for that story has decided to make a small come-back after being absent since March. *kicks muse* I actually managed to write a bit on it the other day, which felt awesome. Anywho... pointless ramblings aside...

I drew/created a poster/cover/what have you for the story, featuring Connor and Emily drawn by me and John and Liz inserted with the magic that is Photoshop. This was basically all I did last Saturday.

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/v...onnorandem.jpg

So whatcha guys think?
                                SQUEE! It's beautiful! Connor and Emily are so precious! *huggles the Sparky!kids*

Originally posted by Ankareeda View Post
                                THIS IS EPIC! Wheeeeeeee, I'm so happy for you! *hugs*
                                Eeeeee! I'm happy I was able to get it! It feels awesome to be the guardian of such an important item in our ship's history!

Comment

Working...
                                X