Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Gah! Stop changing your posts while I'm in the middle of replying to them!
    Sorry ... not really ...

There's another fic in the same "transmogrified into an animal by Ancient technology gone whacko: Unexpected Vacation, by miera. Only this time, both John and Elizabeth get zapped!
    *spews imaginary coffee all over the place*

That was great! Oh God, just what I need: more fic fodder!!!

Yeah. Shocking that Mallozzi got it for once, isn't it?
    Yeah. Exactly. Just one scene ... so we vid makers would have some juicier stuff to work with!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      Sorry ... not really ...
      Well, you know, then I have to go update my post, and it just starts this insane cycle of endless revisions, LOL!

*spews imaginary coffee all over the place*

That was great! Oh God, just what I need: more fic fodder!!!
      Muahahahaha! *rubs hands together gleefully* My work is done.

Yeah. Exactly. Just one scene ... so we vid makers would have some juicier stuff to work with!!!
      True fax, dat.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

JM's blog -

And the end scenes:

Spoiler:
        Also, it’s a little thing, but there’s something about seeing Weir hitting the dirt and Sheppard stopping to help her up before resuming their run that I love every time I see watch this episode.
        I remember this. At the time I thought it was kinda sweet JM liked this bit. But really, what was Sheppard going to do? Keep running and then turn around and yell "Keep up, would you!" LOL

I also remember seeing some video of them actually filming this scene. I'm guessing that was from JM as well since he was always taking pictures and such on set.
        sigpic
        sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
          With our wonderful participation during the last World Cup, some players were fired. Some are injured and the coach is not really good. There is a little war between fans and Claude Puel. We always have a horrible start but this year is worse. We can't beat small team.
          We lost against Barca.

Both. I didn't watch a lot the French league those years because Lyon is the winner each year but 2010 is interesting because we are 14th. Our "enemies" are the leaders. I also watch the Portuguese league.
          But to be honest, I prefer the English league or Spanish league. There is more competition. And I'm a fan of Mourinho.lol
          I also prefer the champion league. I love football. I love sport.
          I've loved the EPL since college!! One of my friends grew up in the Manchester United youth system and got me hooked on the team. My only regret is I'm never awake when ESPN shows games.
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
            I remember this. At the time I thought it was kinda sweet JM liked this bit. But really, what was Sheppard going to do? Keep running and then turn around and yell "Keep up, would you!" LOL
            LMAO!

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
            I also remember seeing some video of them actually filming this scene. I'm guessing that was from JM as well since he was always taking pictures and such on set.
            Might have been. Only other possibility I can think of is Ivon Bartok got it while filming stuff for the DVD special features.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good just having me a relaxing four day weekend.

Comment

So I was reading JM's blog from a couple of years ago, looking for something bout Elizabeth, and I found this delightful little sob story:

Spoilered bcuz it's the original draft scene of John and Elizabeth's walk through the woods in "This Mortal Coil". Angst. Whodathunk?!

Spoiler:
                The Sheppard-Weir walk and talk: In the original draft, the conversation played out slightly differently:

#Duplicate Weir: “I can empathize. Quite literally, a part of me is gone and I can't tell you how sad that makes me. But the part of me that's still here wants me to tell you that Elizabeth isn't gone; that she's right beside you whether you want to accept it or not.”

Sheppard:“From what I understand of all this, you are her in almost every way. And I wish I could take some comfort from that, but I can't. I'm sorry.”

Duplicate Weir: “I didn't expect this to go any other way. From the moment I learned the truth, I knew there'd be no going back to the way things were. Not for me. Not for any of us.”

Sheppard: “That doesn't mean you can't be a part of Atlantis in some way. You can still contribute. Things will just be different.”

Duplicate Weir: “To be honest with you, John, that isn't really the issue. I guess what really bothers me is knowing you and the others will always consider me as less than what I really am.”

Sheppard: “Eliz - look that's not true.”

Duplicate Weir: “Of course it is. You can't even say my name.”

They walk in silence.

Duplicate Weir: “Because it's not your name. Not really. That's what you're thinking right now. And I don't blame you, John. But if you could get inside my head, you'd know - I am the Elizabeth Weir you knew. In every way.”

Sheppard doesn't have an answer for that.

And the end scenes:

Spoiler:
                On the run: Did you record the episode or buy it off I-tunes? If so, play the Sheppard-Dupli-Weir run from the explosions in slo-mo. See that look of utter terror on Joe Flanigan’s face? Terrific acting you say? Well, I heard that on the day, those explosions were a little too close for comfort according to Joe. On the bright side, I don’t think I’ve ever seen Joe run so fast.

Also, it’s a little thing, but there’s something about seeing Weir hitting the dirt and Sheppard stopping to help her up before resuming their run that I love every time I see watch this episode.

The puddle jumper is shot down while the real team makes good their escape: The question I’ve seen asked is “Why did all of the duplicates sacrifice themselves in the puddle jumper?” The answer is: because they didn’t think they’d necessarily be sacrificing themselves. Although their intention was to draw the replicators away from the gate so that the real team could get away, the duplicates were attempting to escape themselves.

The final scene: Closure. I wanted to make it clear that John had not given up on Elizabeth until the very end. And neither did Rodney.

I.....I.....what?

Spoiler:
                Yeah, there is something great about seeing Weir hit the dirt and Sheppard picking her up. There's also something great about seeing him break containment to 'save' her, seeing him defend her to an IOA beaurocrat, and seeing him shoot the man trying to abduct her.

In some ways, it doesn't surprise me. JM is in no way a sparky shipper. That said, he wrote the Misbegotten defending your honour scene purely as a means of showing time had passed. He can write good spark. He just wouldn't want it to go any further than that
                sigpic

Comment

LMAO!

Might have been. Only other possibility I can think of is Ivon Bartok got it while filming stuff for the DVD special features.
                  I've seen it too. It's possible it is in the director series, which would be Will Waring. I recall whomever it was saying that if you watch Joe's face closely, you can see him mouth "fudge", because the explosions were very close behind him. Torri looked less phased by the whole ordeal, mostly because she was further ahead than him.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                    I've loved the EPL since college!! One of my friends grew up in the Manchester United youth system and got me hooked on the team. My only regret is I'm never awake when ESPN shows games.
                    Just to prove again that Lyon is awful this year. We lost against Paris yesterday. Yes against Paris. The worst team ever.
                    I love Manchester United and Real Madrid.

SK: Thanks for the rec.

And I'm happy to say: I sold my SGA dvds. YEAH!!! It's strange to say it.lol
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Gah! Stop changing your posts while I'm in the middle of replying to them!

There's another fic in the same "transmogrified into an animal by Ancient technology gone whacko: Unexpected Vacation, by miera. Only this time, both John and Elizabeth get zapped!

Yeah. Shocking that Mallozzi got it for once, isn't it?
                      Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                      I.....I.....what?

Spoiler:
                      Yeah, there is something great about seeing Weir hit the dirt and Sheppard picking her up. There's also something great about seeing him break containment to 'save' her, seeing him defend her to an IOA beaurocrat, and seeing him shoot the man trying to abduct her.

In some ways, it doesn't surprise me. JM is in no way a sparky shipper. That said, he wrote the Misbegotten defending your honour scene purely as a means of showing time had passed. He can write good spark. He just wouldn't want it to go any further than that
                      I think Mallozzi got it more than we know. He just didn't agree that it should go any further. They used the fan interest to juice things up shipwise which I'm sure had them all chuckling in the writers' room but only ended up with everybody unhappy and mad at them. Wow. They must be so proud.

M&M also wrote The Intruder. Now why add that coffee scene which was beyond flirty and intimate? Wouldn't it have made as much sense to have it be between John and Rodney or John and Caldwell? The end result would have been the same. The purpose of the scene was to explain about John's promotion and maybe to show us that Elizabeth was having trouble sleeping because of the breakup with Simon. Given that. The obvious flirting with John was not necessary by any stretch of the imagination. It was teasing the shippers pure and simple.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*runs in*

Internet at Panera!!! WHOO HOO!!!

I posted my fic last night but internet went down again before I could link it here:

Innocent

Heavy angst, dedicated to yesterday. Heh.

My version of S4, shortly after Elizabeth is rescued.

Posting happy vid right now ...

Comment

Okie day. Here's the vid!

Happy Sparky Fluff day!

I daresay this counts a little!

EDIT: And I'll apologize right now. My movie maker is a little screwed up, it tends to include the first image from a clip, even if it's been deleted, that's why Don S. Davis keeps popping up!
                          Last edited by ShipperWriter; 28 October 2010, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

SK: Thanks for the rec.
                            *salutes*

And I'm happy to say: I sold my SGA dvds. YEAH!!! It's strange to say it.lol
                            *cracks up*

Speaking of fics...

*runs in*

Internet at Panera!!! WHOO HOO!!!

I posted my fic last night but internet went down again before I could link it here:

Innocent

Heavy angst, dedicated to yesterday. Heh.

My version of S4, shortly after Elizabeth is rescued.

Posting happy vid right now ...
                            Oh, wow! Heavy angst, but oh, what a squeefully hopeful ending with
                            Spoiler:
                            cuddly!Sparky! Yes, I've got a cuddle kink. Shuddup.

I've seen it too. It's possible it is in the director series, which would be Will Waring. I recall whomever it was saying that if you watch Joe's face closely, you can see him mouth "fudge", because the explosions were very close behind him. Torri looked less phased by the whole ordeal, mostly because she was further ahead than him.
                            *snickers* Well, Joe can relax, his hair is safe now.

I.....I.....what?

Spoiler:

After reading Mallozzi's recent comments about preferring villains over heroes, it also comes as no surprise how Sheppard kept getting passed over and then left alone at the end.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            I think Mallozzi got it more than we know. He just didn't agree that it should go any further. They used the fan interest to juice things up shipwise which I'm sure had them all chuckling in the writers' room but only ended up with everybody unhappy and mad at them. Wow. They must be so proud.

M&M also wrote The Intruder. Now why add that coffee scene which was beyond flirty and intimate? Wouldn't it have made as much sense to have it be between John and Rodney or John and Caldwell? The end result would have been the same. The purpose of the scene was to explain about John's promotion and maybe to show us that Elizabeth was having trouble sleeping because of the breakup with Simon. Given that. The obvious flirting with John was not necessary by any stretch of the imagination. It was teasing the shippers pure and simple.
                            So proud they teased us that now they've done a 180 and they're going all the way with relationships on SGU. Hmm. Makes you wonder, doesn't it? If they really didn't want it to go further, then why waste all that time and effort teasing us at all?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

*salutes*

*cracks up*

Speaking of fics...

Oh, wow! Heavy angst, but oh, what a squeefully hopeful ending with
                              Spoiler:
                              cuddly!Sparky! Yes, I've got a cuddle kink. Shuddup.

*snickers* Well, Joe can relax, his hair is safe now.

After reading Mallozzi's recent comments about preferring villains over heroes, it also comes as no surprise how Sheppard kept getting passed over and then left alone at the end.

So proud they teased us that now they've done a 180 and they're going all the way with relationships on SGU. Hmm. Makes you wonder, doesn't it? If they really didn't want it to go further, then why waste all that time and effort teasing us at all?
                              Hmmm indeed. Teasing, what teasing? Nothing to see here. LOL But after all this time, it is indeed a moot point because it turned out like it turned out and no amount of any shippers wishing it was different will change even one frame. All we can do is make it right with SGARising and anyone who agrees with our views can read it. For free.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                Hmmm indeed. Teasing, what teasing? Nothing to see here. LOL But after all this time, it is indeed a moot point because it turned out like it turned out and no amount of any shippers wishing it was different will change even one frame. All we can do is make it right with SGARising and anyone who agrees with our views can read it. For free.
                                Yup. No waiting around for your order to arrive, just hop onto the website, read the episodes (or download to read on your favorite ebook reader), and enjoy.

Now we just need to get the episodes done, LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X