Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phenxF16
    Yeah, but didn't Pinky and the Brain fail every other night, as well? If we take over the world we must succeed...or die trying!

Okay...maybe a little over the top.
    Pssst. Don't tell anyone they failed. It's more fun that way.

Die trying? As long as we get a hold of a sarcophagus it shouldn't be a prob. Or we take the timeship-PJ and go back to the time when everyone was still alive.

Umm..I guess I watched too many of these cartoons...
    Life is short. Eat dessert first.

Comment

Originally posted by Kazan
      I get what you mean. When it comes to McKay/Weir they always seem to me like siblings with that sort of sparking off each other in that comfortable non romantic way. The way Weir says "Rodney" always suggests to me the older sister trying to keep her younger brother in check. Its fun to watch.
      Exactly what I thought. They're like siblings. That's it.

What I've actually found quite refreshing is how they've started to have this intense connection without the writers / TPTB hashing up and force feeding a romantic arc at us. I'd really like to see them continue in that manner at least for now and then move on gradually to the next level!
      Mee too. I'd hate to see another in-your-face romance à la S/J (which I liked at the beginning, when it was young and innocent...but now...beware..)

Comment

Originally posted by animoid
        Mee too. I'd hate to see another in-your-face romance à la S/J (which I liked at the beginning, when it was young and innocent...but now...beware..)

I so agree. I sincerely hope TPTB and writers have learned and grown from the hash they've made with S/J. I admit I'm a committed (maybe thats should be committed!!!) S/J shipper but the last couple of seasons have been really hard to watch on that front. I'm at the point now where I hope they wrap S/J up in the next 3 episodes and we can all move on!!!
        So far with Shep/Weir its been well done and I hope that continues. I really love to see how the interaction of 2 characters plays out covering every type of emotion and situation. Its far more entertaining and true to life to see than the "in your face" approach!!!

Comment

Don't thrash me (or feed me mints, for that matter), I actually enjoy McKay/Weir on a (strictly) non-romantic level. You know, he's not allowed to have intuition and such things. She is the one who does question his ego and succeeds - tough cookie.

Shep/Teyla is just...

Back on topic, taking over the world. Hey, Pinky & Brain did that every other night, why shouldn't we?
          Taking over the world???

Me too, I can't see McKay and Weir being romantic. I cansee McKay being in love with Elizabeth but it being unrequited but I can't see her relating to him in any other way that sisterly. However, their vibe is good, and I like it!

Comment

I agree with all of you I like the Weir/McKay vibe, but it is totally unromantic. It would be kind of funny though if Rodney was in love with Elizabeth while she had a secret romance with John. I can see it now...

Rodney "Elizabeth, after five years of unrequited love, I finally have the courage to tell you. I'm in love with you!"

Elizabeth "Oh! Rodney, I'm sorry but John and I have been together for four years now. And you know what's even better, we're having a baby!"

John "Really? Oh, I love you so much!"

Elizabeth "I love you too!"

Rodney *shell shocked* "I'm so happy for you two, now I'm going to feed myself to Steve."

John "Oh you're so cute."

Elizabeth "No, you're so cute."

Comment

I agree with all of you I like the Weir/McKay vibe, but it is totally unromantic. It would be kind of funny though if Rodney was in love with Elizabeth while she had a secret romance with John. I can see it now...

Rodney "Elizabeth, after five years of unrequited love, I finally have the courage to tell you. I'm in love with you!"

Elizabeth "Oh! Rodney, I'm sorry but John and I have been together for four years now. And you know what's even better, we're having a baby!"

Rodney *shell shocked* "I'm so happy for you two, now I'm going to feed myself to Steve."

Oh God that is brilliant.

Comment

I have my moments.

Comment

Pssst. Don't tell anyone they failed. It's more fun that way.

Die trying? As long as we get a hold of a sarcophagus it shouldn't be a prob. Or we take the timeship-PJ and go back to the time when everyone was still alive.

Umm..I guess I watched too many of these cartoons...
                  LOL...Don't worry. Where else did you think that "take over the world" came from...watching too much Animanicas way back when it was still on.

Anyways I agree, I can see McKay/Weir as a friendship, but anything more then that, I don't see it.

LOL...I can see that too! That's too cute. No wait John is cute...no Elizabeth's cute...
                  ~Athena

Comment

LOL!

You just made my day.

Comment

For my 500th post here are some pics of Liz and John

Some fic of John/Liz
                      Lonely Vigil by Espiritu
                      Home for Christmas by Isabelle Ashe
                      Darkness of the Mind by Evil Superman
                      Unguarded by Angel Leviathan

Edit to say: Yay I got the 1000th post
                      Last edited by Watters87; 06 February 2005, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Watters87
                        For my 500th post here are some pics of Liz and John

Some fic of John/Liz
                        Lonely Vigil
                        Home for Christmas
                        And curses you got the 1000th post on the thread... wey hey!!!! Congratulations on 500...

Comment

Comment

Great fic!

I loved 'I'll be Home for Christmas', the dancing scene was adorable! I know it probably won't happen but I'd love to see an Atlantis christmas episode with a tree, music and mistletoe.

Keep up the good work!

Comment

phenxF16 - LOL - that was sooo funny!!!

Watters87 - Congrats on your 500th - I would rep you but I can't at the moment!!

And can you believe we got to 1000 already - Wow!

Comment

I don't have enough time to write all the things the plot bunnies threaten me with.
                                *ooo, there's one...WHACK!*
                                I pass on my plot bunnies to others

Comment

Working...
                                X