Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
    38 Minutes convinced me that John/Elizabeth was supposed to be the official ship. I saw some hints in Rising, but it was 38 Minutes that made me sure. I had no idea that the writers had another ship in mind and so everything you just said added up to J/E ship to me. And there was Elizabeth rushing into the jumper and then collapsing in relief on the bench..... did they seriously not see how that all would be taken?
    Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
    That's EXACTLY what I thought when I watched that episode for the first time.
    I hadn't read anything about "official ship" and I was spoiler free and Sparky came out of screen very clearly to me, especially starting from 38 Minutes!!!
    And people wonder why we were so confused for so long. They were obviously teasing all of us and nobody got to see their ship realized in the end. But I think we have no reason to be pouty and bitter because thanks to our darling Joe, we got the woobie face of OMG!Elizabeth. If they had been trying to point to Sparky as the official ship with a big red arrow they couldn't have done a better job than 38 Minutes.

And if you think it was just us Sparky shippers who thought that, go read the 38 Minutes thread.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
      It would be a very nice story, hope someone takes it

A little humour about it:
      Spoiler:
      http://tinyurl.com/3x3npae

Elizabeth: Don't be worried, you won't feel a thing (thinking: nice ass!)
      John: Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch!!!!!!!!!!! (thinking: liar!)

*cracks up*

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
      38 Minutes convinced me that John/Elizabeth was supposed to be the official ship. I saw some hints in Rising, but it was 38 Minutes that made me sure. I had no idea that the writers had another ship in mind and so everything you just said added up to J/E ship to me. And there was Elizabeth rushing into the jumper and then collapsing in relief on the bench..... did they seriously not see how that all would be taken?
      I know! I remember the first time I saw it, and I wondered at the time, 'did I see what I think I just saw?' And then The Storm/The Eye really sealed the deal.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      That is always what happens to me when I watch all of Season 1. There's a connection between John and Elizabeth that's palpable, and every time I go back and rewatch S1, I convince myself I'm just being overly romantic that there's Sparky there. And every time I actually watch they defy my expectations. The way John sounds, so desperate to tell Elizabeth whatever he needs to tell her, gets me every time, too.

I don't see it as romantic in the sense of straight-up attraction but definitely a growing connection and strong bond that underlies everything that comes after it. 38 Minutes, The Eye--they all lay the foundation for how I interpret everything that comes after. It's why it's so easy for me to snap my fingers and say "John being darker and colder in S4/S5? That has a lot to do with Elizabeth's 'death'." Why? Because if you go back and look at the fact he was already connected to her on a personal level in 38 Minutes--if you see how he reacts to her being 'killed' in TE--you understand why losing her three years later, where that relationship has had time to grow and deepen even more--would absolutely change a man.
      Exactly! It's the logical progression of a working relationship between two friends that has the potential to become more.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      And people wonder why we were so confused for so long. They were obviously teasing all of us and nobody got to see their ship realized in the end. But I think we have no reason to be pouty and bitter because thanks to our darling Joe, we got the woobie face of OMG!Elizabeth.
      Joe and David were right in Chicago; the actors own their characters. And since it was Joe's choice as an actor to put the woobie face into his performance, well, I guess maybe he would've been open to seeing it, too.

If they had been trying to point to Sparky as the official ship with a big red arrow they couldn't have done a better job than 38 Minutes.
      Except maybe The Storm/The Eye.

And if you think it was just us Sparky shippers who thought that, go read the 38 Minutes thread.
      And that's what gets me every time. There are so many fans out there that aren't Sparky shippers who still see the possibility of a Sheppard/Weir relationship. It's not just all in our heads.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        *cracks up*

I know! I remember the first time I saw it, and I wondered at the time, 'did I see what I think I just saw?' And then The Storm/The Eye really sealed the deal.

Exactly! It's the logical progression of a working relationship between two friends that has the potential to become more.

Joe and David were right in Chicago; the actors own their characters. And since it was Joe's choice as an actor to put the woobie face into his performance, well, I guess maybe he would've been open to seeing it, too.

Except maybe The Storm/The Eye.

And that's what gets me every time. There are so many fans out there that aren't Sparky shippers who still see the possibility of a Sheppard/Weir relationship. It's not just all in our heads.
        Even before the series started when I saw the previews for the series. I pointed out these two and I just saw that they looked like they fit together. Then after watching the first few episode, it was my OTP.

Comment

Actually I remember a lot of you mentioned that Thirty Eight Minutes as the first time you noticed the sparky ship. I was actually one of them too. And what's more is that 38 Minutes was a very early episode so I didn't really know the characters as well as I do now.

So Essentially in the first few episodes I largely knew the characters mostly as "Male lead," "Female lead," "Other female lead" and so on.

I remember thinking back to the pilot and figured "OK, this alien woman would appear to be the main character's love interest" but then a few episodes later I saw 38 Minutes and was like "Hey waait a minute, I thought the love interest was supposed to be the other one? Well alright then, I guess this Sheppard guy has two potential love interests." I never would have thought the intention was otherwise if I hadn't looked it up eventually. And I picked up on this long before I really cared very much about it one way or another.

I actually introduced SGA to my sister with that statement, that the main characters has two love interests in the main cast instead of one. (She was disappointed in the lack of romance in SG-1 because Sam and Jack didn't seem to have any real resolution in Season 8. Then when she actually saw it, she got annoyed with me because there wasn't enough romance for her in SGA either. )
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
            Actually I remember a lot of you mentioned that Thirty Eight Minutes as the first time you noticed the sparky ship. I was actually one of them too. And what's more is that 38 Minutes was a very early episode so I didn't really know the characters as well as I do now.

So Essentially in the first few episodes I largely knew the characters mostly as "Male lead," "Female lead," "Other female lead" and so on.

I remember thinking back to the pilot and figured "OK, this alien woman would appear to be the main character's love interest" but then a few episodes later I saw 38 Minutes and was like "Hey waait a minute, I thought the love interest was supposed to be the other one? Well alright then, I guess this Sheppard guy has two potential love interests." I never would have thought the intention was otherwise if I hadn't looked it up eventually. And I picked up on this long before I really cared very much about it one way or another.
            Geeze, I think you read my mind! I didn't really go hardcore Sparky until the end of Season 1/beginning of Season 2, but my progress throughout S1 was quite similar to yours.

I actually introduced SGA to my sister with that statement, that the main characters has two love interests in the main cast instead of one. (She was disappointed in the lack of romance in SG-1 because Sam and Jack didn't seem to have any real resolution in Season 8. Then when she actually saw it, she got annoyed with me because there wasn't enough romance for her in SGA either. )
            *snickers* Dare I ask what she thinks of SGU?
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

That sounds like me. I was in love with John Sheppard long before I knew his name. I just called him the Major. And forget knowing anything about the actors. That only came when I got on GW. As for Sparky, I think it grew on me all of S1. I saw that they were pushing Sheppard and Teyla together, but figured it was just a red herring for Sparky. I continued to believe that until the end of S3 and if I had never come online I would have thought they had him show grief for Elizabeth because he was in love with her. Then I think I would have been able to move on and let him get involved with someone else. But after all the online activity, I'm not sure I can ever accept him with anyone else.

I am really hoping that my friend who said she was going to start watching will really do so. I don't plan to spoil anything for her and after watching part of S1 if she expresses ship ideas, I still won't reveal anything. I want an honest opinion from someone with no agenda and no online influence. Don't tell her she's an experiment. LOL
              sigpic

Comment

That sounds like me. I was in love with John Sheppard long before I knew his name. I just called him the Major. And forget knowing anything about the actors. That only came when I got on GW. As for Sparky, I think it grew on me all of S1. I saw that they were pushing Sheppard and Teyla together, but figured it was just a red herring for Sparky. I continued to believe that until the end of S3 and if I had never come online I would have thought they had him show grief for Elizabeth because he was in love with her. Then I think I would have been able to move on and let him get involved with someone else. But after all the online activity, I'm not sure I can ever accept him with anyone else.
                OMG. This, this, THIS! I guess it's the online fandom that's really spoiled me with regards to shipping. But looking back, I don't think I'd have it any other way. Long live Sparky!

I am really hoping that my friend who said she was going to start watching will really do so. I don't plan to spoil anything for her and after watching part of S1 if she expresses ship ideas, I still won't reveal anything. I want an honest opinion from someone with no agenda and no online influence. Don't tell her she's an experiment. LOL
                *snickers* Ahhhh, she blinded me with science. LOL!

Comment

Does this help?

Spoiler:

And I had a thought yesterday. I rewatched 38 Minutes with the idea that this one came so early in S1 that any Sparky must be purely imaginary. But while watching it, the Sparky just grabbed me by the throat and didn't let go. I think it was Elizabeth's reaction to hearing that it was John that was injured, her tone and facial expressions. Then it was confirmed when he spoke directly to her on the radio and his tone of voice and facial expressions softened completely and it was like all the other people listening just disappeared. That bit when he tried to tell her something was so intimate it was almost embarrassing to watch. I know it couldn't have been any sort of personal declaration of feelings or even anything involving just her. But the idea that he wanted to say whatever it was to her and no one else was just so powerfully intimate it was startling. And I don't know how anyone watching wouldn't have thought that this was the only ship possible.

I wondered too why they did the last scene the way they did and even before that, why focus on Elizabeth's reaction for so long when they were trying to revive him. She and Teyla even exchanged a look and it was like Teyla was assuring her that she wasn't to worry that everything was being done that could be. It was one of those moments women have when one is reassuring the other that her man is going to be okay. But the infirmary scene. Why was it so flirty with Elizabeth? Why have him be so casual and teasing with his team and have Elizabeth linger behind? If they wanted her to be just his boss and saw no possible ship between them, wouldn't it have been better to have her say a few words like, "Glad you're going to be okay Major. We need your expertise around here." And then have her leave him with his team. But the fact that she was the only one there and they did the low tone of voice, eyebrow raise, flirty banter thing screams ship. IMHO, of course.
                  Amen sister!
                  My opinion about it.I wasn't a "shipper" at the beginning. But the first time I saw this episode, my first thought was "if there is a ship, it's this one". It's obvious there is something between them. Call it friendship or romance, one thing is sure: it's unique and a strong bond. At the beginning, I didn't want to see "ship" in it (but it was complicate and in France the official ship in SGA is Elizabeth and John if you read some magazines.lol) because I hate "ship" in stargate. But their relationship is so natural and the evolution is clear........ok we were talking about the episode.lol I interpret the scene at the end between Teyla and Elizabeth like you.
                  One thing is good (here in this country), we were not influenced. We didn't know Teyla and John was supposed to be the canon ship. We judged by what we saw. I'm not saying all french people are Sparky......Again too far from the topic
                  .lol
                  I will stop here. i'm talking for nothing and I'm not sure I'm clear.lol
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Joe is having a "little white lies" contest on twitter...
                    Someone should submit some Sparky ones, like "There was never any chemistry between John and Elizabeth" and see if he'd retweet!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                      Someone should submit some Sparky ones, like "There was never any chemistry between John and Elizabeth" and see if he'd retweet!
                      I'm so doing that!! But I wonder how you can know he (or someone else for that matter) retweets something from you?

Anyway... Been a busy day, tomorrow will be even more busier. And not really looking forward to it, to be quite honest.
                      I just want to spend some time at home, fully relaxed and not stressing about all the stuff I still need to do.
                      *turns of whining mode*
                      I just came on to post the next chapter

Sig by me

Comment

Missing Moments Chapter 40: Irresistible (aka where they don't deserve each other)
                        Enjoy!!!

Spoiler:
                        40: Irresistible

(after the ep)

"I'm going to kill Rodney."

Elizabeth couldn't help but laugh as John walked into her quarters with those words.

"I already told him to throw all that's left of the potion away."

"Too bad, I would have liked to return the favor."

She rolled her eyes and turned back to the book she was reading.

"So?" He asked as he flopped down on the bed next to her. "How are the lingering feelings doing?"

She gave him an apologetic look. "The potion made our memories a bit fuzzy, but the few things I remember... God John, what you must have thought of me..."

He took the book out of her hands and put it on the nightstand on his side. Then he turned back to her and wrapped his arms around her.

"I knew something was definitely wrong the moment you started flailing around him and ignoring me. You wouldn't even let me in your bed anymore."

There was a trace of pain in his voice and she held him closer. "I'm so sorry."

He shook his head. "It wasn't your fault. I wanted to shoot that *******, but with the way all of you were acting, I knew the chances that you'd shoot me too were very big."

She cuddled closer to him. "I could never shoot you... or order anyone to shoot you..."

"With the way you were acting around that guy... I was afraid you would."

She sat up a little straighter and looked at him. "God... John..."

He put a finger on her lips. "It's ok. I don't blame you. You weren't yourself. I could never blame you."

She gently traced his cheek. "I don't deserve you."

He shook his head. "No... I don't deserve you." And pulled her closer to seal his lips with hers.

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                          I'm so doing that!! But I wonder how you can know he (or someone else for that matter) retweets something from you?

Anyway... Been a busy day, tomorrow will be even more busier. And not really looking forward to it, to be quite honest.
                          I just want to spend some time at home, fully relaxed and not stressing about all the stuff I still need to do.
                          *turns of whining mode*
                          I just came on to post the next chapter
                          If Joe retweets you and you are following him you will see it on your stream. I think you can do a search of yourself to see who has retweeted you? Actually, I'm not sure about that last...
                          sigpic

Comment

Sounds like he must be bored again. How about "John Sheppard liked to be hugged" or "Sheppard liked to talk about his feelings"?
                            sigpic

Comment

Or "Sheppard thought Weir was the worst boss ever." LOL!

Sounds like he must be bored again. How about "John Sheppard liked to be hugged" or "Sheppard liked to talk about his feelings"?
                              Bwahahaha! Oh, I like those!

Missing Moments Chapter 40: Irresistible (aka where they don't deserve each other)
                              Enjoy!!!

Spoiler:

(after the ep)

Elizabeth couldn't help but laugh as John walked into her quarters with those words.

"So?" He asked as he flopped down on the bed next to her. "How are the lingering feelings doing?"

She gave him an apologetic look. "The potion made our memories a bit fuzzy, but the few things I remember... God John, what you must have thought of me..."

He took the book out of her hands and put it on the nightstand on his side. Then he turned back to her and wrapped his arms around her.

"I knew something was definitely wrong the moment you started flailing around him and ignoring me. You wouldn't even let me in your bed anymore."

He shook his head. "It wasn't your fault. I wanted to shoot that *******, but with the way all of you were acting, I knew the chances that you'd shoot me too were very big."

She cuddled closer to him. "I could never shoot you... or order anyone to shoot you..."

He put a finger on her lips. "It's ok. I don't blame you. You weren't yourself. I could never blame you."

He shook his head. "No... I don't deserve you." And pulled her closer to seal his lips with hers.
                              Awwwww! That made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! Squee!

Comment

Enjoy!!!

Spoiler:

(after the ep)

Wonderful piece of fluff to calm me before the weekend of worrying starts. I have a job interview on Tuesday and I'm already a little nervous about it.
                                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Working...
                                X