Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Hm. I don't think this is exactly the same thing as Kanaan territory. She is a new person in John's life and perhaps it's not John's biggest occupation, to seek out someone to fill that emptiness in his heart? But this lady crosses his path and perhaps can make him laugh? It's not the love story of his life, but it's something. It makes him feel better. Then he looses her too (argh, what are we doing to him? It's unfair). And then Elizabeth is back and his heart is raw and hurt and cracked open. Seeing how he reacts to all this is going to be interesting.
    As long as it doesn't look trivial or that he really doesn't care about her or that he's just working his way through the women of the Pegasus galaxy. The Kanaan comparison was more in thinking about the idea that he doesn't matter to Teyla but is just the baby daddy. I don't want us to make Mayel just a convenience with John.

And I disagree that Kanaan came out of nowhere. Maybe for the viewer but he was always a part of Teyla's life. He may not have been well developed but he did make sense as a mate for her. Our SS6 is going to take care of that too. So it's a win-win.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      And I disagree that Kanaan came out of nowhere. Maybe for the viewer but he was always a part of Teyla's life. He may not have been well developed but he did make sense as a mate for her. Our SS6 is going to take care of that too. So it's a win-win.
      That's what I meant. Kanaan did make sense in a way, and he fit very well with Teyla, but the viewers really acted like: 'WTF and where the frak did he suddenly jump up from?' That's what we want to avoid with Mayel and I'm sure we will avoid that. We will actually have developed Mayel before getting her together with John.

Sig by me

Comment

As long as it doesn't look trivial or that he really doesn't care about her or that he's just working his way through the women of the Pegasus galaxy. The Kanaan comparison was more in thinking about the idea that he doesn't matter to Teyla but is just the baby daddy. I don't want us to make Mayel just a convenience with John.

Heee, but SR! She actually makes him smile - genuinely! What I thought is, he's not actively lookign for romance. But once he gets to know Mayel he genuinely likes her. It's not the love of his life significance but she's NOT one of the kirkettes. She does make him happy. I don't think we'll make it look trivial. john deserves few sweet moments

and exactly, Kanaan was always a part of Teyla's life. That's exactly why he makes sense as a partner for her.
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          Heee, but SR! She actually makes him smile - genuinely! What I thought is, he's not actively lookign for romance. But once he gets to know Mayel he genuinely likes her. It's not the love of his life significance but she's NOT one of the kirkettes. She does make him happy. I don't think we'll make it look trivial. john deserves few sweet moments

and exactly, Kanaan was always a part of Teyla's life. That's exactly why he makes sense as a partner for her.
          This makes me have a very fuzzy feeling. We will make Mayel a real character that's an important part of John's life.

OT

Spoiler:
          Just back from my Mother's Day dinner out. We always go on Sat night to avoid the crowds. My son and his girlfriend gave me a spa day. Yays! And then announced they're moving in together. Okay by me. Thanks kids. LOL
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Lazlo View Post
            It's sad to hear they're dismantling the sets... That's never a good sign..
            Oooh, a new person! Welcome to the Sparky thread, Captain Lazlo!

And that the cast likes the fan project better than the actual scripts. LOL
            Which isn't all that hard, really... after all, we actually care about them, and they actually care about us. Loyalty is a funny thing, isn't it?

I wish they would publish the script for Extinction. It's got to be better than some rumors I've heard about the new books.
            Or perhaps make some adjustments for narration and the like and turn it into a script for the audio dramas, so that the cast really can get a chance to participate. Dunno if any of you have been keeping up with the news on that front, but the third series of SG audio dramas is going to be two 3-part SG-1 stories. No Atlantis at all. I am so not impressed. Of course, if it came out that way because they've got some sort of massive multi-part Atlantis story and they're still lining up the cast for it, so they'll do it in a fourth series... I might just cut them some slack. Maybe.

Hey new person. Welcome. We need more people from Australia. David Hewlett actually suggested that all the people buying parts of the sets in the auction could put them back together and they could film a movie. Works for me.
            Yeah, that and the bake sales for the special effects budget. LOL!

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
            Am I late for voting for the name Maelle > now Mayel???
            As much as I don't like Sheppard putting his hands on a woman that is not Elizabeth, I'm accepting it for the season to be better, but I have a little request: is it possible at least to get John say to Mayel, talking about his past, that there was once a woman/friend he cared so much about, but she got lost/dead? There's no need he says the name Elizabeth, just slightly hint at it.
            I think we can definitely get John to mention someone that had been "close" to him at some point.

And hey, what is all this nonsense about how it's so sad that John's going to lose yet another woman! He's going to get Elizabeth back!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Or perhaps make some adjustments for narration and the like and turn it into a script for the audio dramas, so that the cast really can get a chance to participate. Dunno if any of you have been keeping up with the news on that front, but the third series of SG audio dramas is going to be two 3-part SG-1 stories. No Atlantis at all. I am so not impressed. Of course, if it came out that way because they've got some sort of massive multi-part Atlantis story and they're still lining up the cast for it, so they'll do it in a fourth series... I might just cut them some slack. Maybe.
              Oh... if they are gonna do something massive with multiple actors for the 4th series, I just might forgive them too
              Might... we'll see what they'll turn up with first.

Sig by me

Comment

Finally!! The pictures from the double Q&A on sunday.
                Enjoy!!

Spoiler:

Joe juggling lemons while David was answering a question addressed to him alone.

Sig by me

Comment

Some more of Joe & David:

Spoiler:

Joe throwing lemons towards David:

Sig by me

Comment

And some more... I was on a roll... and so were they

Spoiler:

Sig by me

Comment

Some more:

Spoiler:

Sig by me

Comment

Some more Joe & David pics:

Spoiler:

Sig by me

Comment

And yes... some more:

Spoiler:

Sig by me

Comment

Some more...

Spoiler:

Sig by me

Comment

And yes... some more... we're almost there...

Spoiler:

Joe trying to stop the smoke, that signaled the end of the Q&A, with his foot.

Sig by me

Comment

The last ones!!
                                And these are only a few of the hundreds and hundreds that I took.

Spoiler:

Joe and David with the MC, Ed Wasser.

Sig by me

Comment

Working...
                                X