Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    John couldn't think of anything scarier than being alone. And Joe has said that he wanted to do an episode like that. Win-win.
    *high-fives* Bring on the emo whump!

I don't like the Smurfs. Maybe he can call them Smurfs but having them be short with the floppy hats is a bit too crack. IMHO. What does everybody else think?
    Isn't Found in Translation supposed to be a humorous episode, though? So a bit of crack may be in order... so to speak.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      On enemies - the torturers (Pegasus Mord'Sith) are affiliated with our new Big baddie, but we learn that in season finale. that was my idea, I didn't explain myself very well.

And title ideas: "Gravity", "Shattered", "Riven" ("Broken" would be outright stealing from LotS).
      how about Shatterpoint? or Breaking Point?

Comment

Holy smokes, I've reached 10,000 posts! I didn't even notice! Shows how much fun I've been having playing with SS6, huh? LOL!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oooh, this is awesome. After inital phyisical torture, which doesn't work, John is isolated and his torturer makes him believe he is left alone/his friends believe he is dead and aren't coming back for him.

I like it
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Oooh, this is awesome. After inital phyisical torture, which doesn't work, John is isolated and his torturer makes him believe he is left alone/his friends believe he is dead and aren't coming back for him.

I like it
            Go get 'im, Anuna! You're gonna break John good! *evil laugh*

Comment

I don't think John will ever be the same after your story anuna.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                I can make the aliens in FIT blue haired. I thought it might even be funny to have John call them Smurfs.
                Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                ZOMG, John would so call them Smurfs! ROTFLMAO!
                That would be hilarious!

I don't like the Smurfs. Maybe he can call them Smurfs but having them be short with the floppy hats is a bit too crack. IMHO. What does everybody else think?
                They are not supposed to look like smurfs, just blue hair and otherwise human. But enough odd so that one can make fun of them! We've had crack hair before, just look at the Nox...

I like it
                Remind me to never get on the wrong side of you...

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
                  That would be hilarious!

They are not supposed to look like smurfs, just blue hair and otherwise human. But enough odd so that one can make fun of them! We've had crack hair before, just look at the Nox...
                  LOL! True, dat!

*cackles* Seriously, having this much fun whumping John should be illegal. Good thing for us, it's not. Muahahahaha!!!

Comment

Holy smokes, I've reached 10,000 posts! I didn't even notice! Shows how much fun I've been having playing with SS6, huh? LOL!
                    Congrats on 10,000!

I like it
                    So, are you going to let the whumpers in on this delicious episode?
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Just lock him in a dark cell with no contact with anyone except his torturer. Maybe the torturers themselves never even show their faces (or if they do, it won't be until the end) to maintain that feeling of isolation. They'll come at irregular intervals so that he can't even keep track of what time it is, and it'll seem to go on for so long that he'll start thinking that even his torturers have abandoned him to rot in that dark, cold cell. Yeah, that'll be some scary s**t for John.
                      Maybe include something old school - no alien devices or physical torture just the new bad guy's equivalent of truth serum. They could have a listening device in his cell and hope he'll say something useful.
                      DDC

Comment

That would be hilarious!

No, we won't make them be totally smurfy. (That so just made me laugh tons and tons)

After FH's suggestion, I thought about blue hair with blue paint on their faces--they're a non-advanced tribal people, so they're tribal in dress. Blue will be a sacred color, I suppose. John would call them smurfs simply by virtue of their blueness.

Congrats!
                        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

So, are you going to let the whumpers in on this delicious episode?
                          See, i think we should let them know about the complete season - since we are going to respect the canon and play fair (unlike some people I've heard of). I know we are not exactly popular among whumpers, but you never know - some of them might give the season, or few eps a chance. John - whump episode should be according to their tastes - I can do decent, even scary kind of whump. What's not to like?

But also, I think we should announce the season on some threads around the GW. Also, moderated membership/moderated posting access to our comm wouldn't hurt.

Comment

Oh my attention span - CONGRATULATIONS ON 10 000 POSTS, SCARY KITTY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                              No, we won't make them be totally smurfy. (That so just made me laugh tons and tons)

After FH's suggestion, I thought about blue hair with blue paint on their faces--they're a non-advanced tribal people, so they're tribal in dress. Blue will be a sacred color, I suppose. John would call them smurfs simply by virtue of their blueness.

Congrats!
                              Now that reminds me of my Celtic ancestors. Kind of a fierce warrior tribe in the Braveheart vein. Freeeedoooommm!

See, i think we should let them know about the complete season - since we are going to respect the canon and play fair (unlike some people I've heard of). I know we are not exactly popular among whumpers, but you never know - some of them might give the season, or few eps a chance. John - whump episode should be according to their tastes - I can do decent, even scary kind of whump. What's not to like?

But also, I think we should announce the season on some threads around the GW. Also, moderated membership/moderated posting access to our comm wouldn't hurt.
                              Good ideas. We need to let our PR person get on this if she has time. Now I'm off to Home Depot. Fun with home improvement. We're painting the living room. Yay.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I agree, but I want the backbone of this built up before we really start showing it around. From my RL experience, too many chefs in the kitchen during the early building process leads to all kinds of disorder and confusion. Let's get the groundwork laid out with story suggestions built up and thought out, then we'll open it the general populace for what they'd like to see before true writing begins.

Also--I saw the note on LJ--I think Erin87 had asked to write "A Day in the Life of Rodney McKay" but I don't remember--I might not have noted it. Erin, was this true? And PKPRD requested "Blitzkrieg"--can you guys confirm or deny? I don't want to shortshrift writers if they requested it first.
                                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Working...
                                X