Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hatcheter
    "Have for a mint, Major."

"No thanks, mam, a little grimy for me...but if you need to hug someone in Colonel Sheppard's absence, I'm more than willing to help out."

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler84
      You know, I just want to know what John's thinking every time he notices that she still has that gift in her office. I could *so* see him stop every so often when he's in that office, and just look at it and go "huh, she still has it here." With a little bit of shock, like he didn't expect it to mean so much to her.
      I found it very interesting and symbolic that she used John's birthday present to carry the ashes of her other self (who had sacrificed her life so our Elizabeth could rediscover the city and carry on with the exploration and adventure like OldWeir would've liked and done). I'm glad it was him who also came out on the balcony to inform her personally about the meeting instead of through radio and that he also saw what honor his present had been given by her.

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen
        I found it very interesting and symbolic that she used John's birthday present to carry the ashes of her other self (who had sacrificed her life so our Elizabeth could rediscover the city and carry on with the exploration and adventure like OldWeir would've liked and done). I'm glad it was him who also came out on the balcony to inform her personally about the meeting instead of through radio and that he also saw what honor his present had been given by her.
        Oh yes, I do see your point Vix. It's like that jar represents her 'rebirth' in her new world as a different person than she was on earth. And the fact that John gave it to her should be more than a clue to us who will hold the very heart and soul of the 'new Elizabeth' in Atlantis.

Can we say perhaps that the birthday present JAR was the first concrete anvil from TPTB for the John/Elizabeth ship?
        Last edited by Bama; 24 September 2005, 01:46 PM.

Comment

I made 2 vids on John/Elizabeth

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
            And the fact that John gave it to her should be more than a clue to us who will hold the very heart and soul of the 'new Elizabeth' in Atlantis.
            I like how that sounds.

Comment

It is almost ridiculous how everyone in 'town' can see just how close the two of them are but it's going to take someone slapping them up the side of the head to make them acknowledge it (Elizabeth) and realize it (John).
              I think we all pretty much know that it's gonna take a near death experience. And i know they've had some of them. But i mean Sheppard being there, forced to see Weir dying and not being able to do anything but watch her life slipping away.
              Is there anyone else who would also love to see Sheppard seeing Weir getting really hurt?, and holding her bleeding dying body in his arms?. I know, i know, probably too much, but i'm just such a huge fan of angst and whumping.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                I think we all pretty much know that it's gonna take a near death experience. And i know they've had some of them. But i mean Sheppard being there, forced to see Weir dying and not being able to do anything but watch her life slipping away.
                Is there anyone else who would also love to see Sheppard seeing Weir getting really hurt?, and holding her bleeding dying body in his arms?. I know, i know, probably too much, but i'm just such a huge fan of angst and whumping.
                Oh, I'm all for it. And I think it's very doable for the writers. I mean Atlantis is prey for a lot of enemies besides just the wraith. Even the city's unknowns themself can be a threat at times. It just makes sense to me that these enemies go after the 'head dog' if she's vulnerable and at some point, we'll see that and we'll see them get to her. I do think we'd see something like you talk about Luz in a season finale sort of thing though. Angst is yummy beyond measure with two people with the connection and feelings that shep and weir obviously have for each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                  But i mean Sheppard being there, forced to see Weir dying and not being able to do anything but watch her life slipping away.
                  I guess that's one of the reasons why I loved Conversion so much.
                  Spoiler:
                  It wasn't an external enemy that they were dealing with. There wasn't anyone pointing a gun to John's head, but something even worse like a virus stripping away his humanity and turning him into a primal beast. Elizabeth's reaction and inner struggle while watching this happen to the person she has the tightest and closest connection with was just heartbreaking.

I wouldn't mind something like that to happen to Elizabeth (am I evil?). To have something eating her inside, forcing her to struggle for her life. How would John be when this is not just something he can shoot at and rescue her like in The Eye? Something that he is powerless against (until of course, that miracle cure appears)? Oh the angst.

Comment

Oh, I'm all for it. And I think it's very doable for the writers. I mean Atlantis is prey for a lot of enemies besides just the wraith. Even the city's unknowns themself can be a threat at times. It just makes sense to me that these enemies go after the 'head dog' if she's vulnerable and at some point, we'll see that and we'll see them get to her. I do think we'd see something like you talk about Luz in a season finale sort of thing though. Angst is yummy beyond measure with two people with the connection and feelings that shep and weir obviously have for each other.
                    I'm telling you this Bama, i might be a hard sell , but if tptb did this i'd see it as *the* acknowledgement of the Shep/Weir ship as the cannon ship. Not that i have much doubt that we will be, more like i need proof, i need to see things happening instead of people telling me they're happening.
                    Seeing is believeing.
                    BTW, what is it i hear of us being called sparky?, i'm all for it as the name for our ship, sounds spanky.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                      I'm telling you this Bama, i might be a hard sell , but if tptb did this i'd see it as *the* acknowledgement of the Shep/Weir ship as the cannon ship. Not that i have much doubt that we will be, more like i need proof, i need to see things happening instead of people telling me they're happening.
                      Seeing is believeing.
                      BTW, what is it i hear of us being called sparky?, i'm all for it as the name for our ship, sounds spanky.
                      ; ) heh. Ok 'hard sell'...to me there's been more than enough proof because it's been all the little moments that have been so cumulative to this point. I don't need no 'anvil' ! to hit me over the head but if you do... I can understand.

I'm really hopeful that TLG will offer an Elizabeth in trouble and it does seem a natural ep for such. Mel also mentioned The Tower offering something along those lines so the ops will be there for us to SEE the SHIP from his perspective on display. That's my biggest wish in the second half. I want to see john's emotions toward HER a bit more. I think he's still in 'la la' land a bit with regard to what he feels but if we get just a bit of acknowledgement that he's coming around it will make me feel great about this ship and better about the character of Elizabeth as well. TPTB tend to let the women do all the emotive stuff. Well, it's HIS turn. Gotta stick to our guns so we're arm in arm on this one Luz.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                        There are quite a few – especially those of us with experience in other fandoms – who loathe and despise name combos. So when "Shweir" started popping up in various places, many of us tried to stomp on the tendency. Then someone in one of the Yahoo groups (probably sheppard_n_weir) declared that if you couldn't find it in your heart to type out Sheppard/Weir or Shep/Weir, you're to call it Sparky instead. It sounds oh-so-much better than any possible name combo. Weird for me, though, because I call everyone Sparky at some point. (And yes, for those who are curious, this is where I got the idea for Elizabeth's call sign in Spygate.)
                        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                        Last update: 14 April 2006
                        Melyanna's Multimedia
                        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                          There are quite a few – especially those of us with experience in other fandoms – who loathe and despise name combos. So when "Shweir" started popping up in various places, many of us tried to stomp on the tendency. Then someone in one of the Yahoo groups (probably sheppard_n_weir) declared that if you couldn't find it in your heart to type out Sheppard/Weir or Shep/Weir, you're to call it Sparky instead. It sounds oh-so-much better than any possible name combo. Weird for me, though, because I call everyone Sparky at some point. (And yes, for those who are curious, this is where I got the idea for Elizabeth's call sign in Spygate.)
                          Put me in the 'despise' catagory. I love 'sparky' as a code name for the relationship! When it popped up in your fic Mel, I LOL!

Comment

; ) heh. Ok 'hard sell'...to me there's been more than enough proof because it's been all the little moments that have been so cumulative to this point. I don't need no 'anvil' ! to hit me over the head but if you do... I can understand.

I'm really hopeful that TLG will offer an Elizabeth in trouble and it does seem a natural ep for such. Mel also mentioned The Tower offering something along those lines so the ops will be there for us to SEE the SHIP from his perspective on display. That's my biggest wish in the second half. I want to see john's emotions toward HER a bit more. I think he's still in 'la la' land a bit with regard to what he feels but if we get just a bit of acknowledgement that he's coming around it will make me feel great about this ship and better about the character of Elizabeth as well. TPTB tend to let the women do all the emotive stuff. Well, it's HIS turn. Gotta stick to our guns so we're arm in arm on this one Luz.
                            Oh no, no anvils, please, i don't need an anvil to convince of Shep/Weir, i'm already there. However before i'm convinced that tptb have made Shep/Weir the cannon ship i need to know they've renounced the other ship and will stop playing with both Shep/Teyla, and Shep/Weir (Luz doesn't share her toys). I just need some sort of acknowledgement on Sheppard's part, i think by now we've all been able to see that Weir is head over heels. But with Sheppard, i know the feelings are there hiding somewhere, but tptb seem to be doing the "let the woman do the pinning" route. For once i would love to see the man pine away for his woman. And the moment tptb finally decide to let us see Sheppard really suffering for Weir (like we've seen her suffering for him), then and only then will i join you my dear Bama, and i will rejoice and celebrate with you, and here i'll have a bit of an HP fan moment: "to the ship that lived". My, it'll be one heck of a party .

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                              It's weird but I like it. Name combos remind me too much of Soap Operas and Anime.

What's Spygate?

Spoiler:
                              Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Spygate is Mel's AU fic community which can be found here.

Linkage to overview. This will help you get a better understanding of the spygate universe.

Comment

Working...
                                X