Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
    Lol, I remember reading the 'Legs' one, but which one was the 'Scruffy looking nerfherder' one from?
    Hey, who is this 'raven' chik? Anybody got a linko? I'd like to read that 'legs' thing! LOL! And Blue, I couldn't get your vid to ever download for me. Have you got a new link for it? I'd love to watch it!

Comment

Lol, I remember reading the 'Legs' one, but which one was the 'Scruffy looking nerfherder' one from?
      Yours truly. When I get around to more Spygate, Elizabeth's going to decide that Nerfherder is a better code name for John.

(At least, I don't remember seeing it in a fic anywhere... Actually, I think that's something Ms. Raven and I came up with when we were chatting about Spygate.)
      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
      Last update: 14 April 2006
      Melyanna's Multimedia
      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
        Hey, who is this 'raven' chik? Anybody got a linko? I'd like to read that 'legs' thing! LOL! And Blue, I couldn't get your vid to ever download for me. Have you got a new link for it? I'd love to watch it!
        Ms. Raven's a fic writer at FFN. She pokes around at LJ too. You can find her fics here, though I'm afraid she hasn't written much lately. She's been extraordinarily busy.

Oh, and she's also written a fic or two over at Langford.
        Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
          No nicknames. Well, I'll permit John to call her "Lizabeth" because he has on occasion. My favorite nickname for Elizabeth, though, comes out of one of Ms. Raven's fics – John calls her "Legs." Fitting, no? As for John... Elizabeth can call him "Scruffy-looking nerfherder."

I just had a Han and Leia flashback. Now that's what I like, creativity in endearments. My mom has always been creative with endearments she's called me. Honey, sweetie, sweetheart or dear are so boring.

Comment

Kinda liked Farmboy, but Nerfherder would definately be a funnier call sign. Sparky Nerfherder. Best team in Spygate.

Comment

Kinda liked Farmboy, but Nerfherder would definately be a funnier call sign. Sparky Nerfherder. Best team in Spygate.
              Oh, I REALLY like that one

Lovebar made by natz099
              My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Originally posted by SGLAB
                I just had a Han and Leia flashback. Now that's what I like, creativity in endearments. My mom has always been creative with endearments she's called me. Honey, sweetie, sweetheart or dear are so boring.
                I'm not sure that was so much endearment as insult. I still think that at some point Elizabeth needs to talk about the twelve-year-old genuises she's surrounded herself with...

Anyway, yes. John and Elizabeth would never use such endearments in public unless they were quite angry with each other, I think.
                Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

I honestly don't remember where I got the inspiration to call Elizabeth Sparky (except that I call everyone Sparky at some point – just a weird habit of mine), but I'm glad I did. I liked Farmboy too, but I think most people were associating it with Princess Bride rather than Luke Skywalker. So Nerfherder it is. (Which is also not Luke Skywalker, but still someone who went off on an ill-advised rescue mission.)
                  Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

I'm not sure that was so much endearment as insult. I still think that at some point Elizabeth needs to talk about the twelve-year-old genuises she's surrounded herself with....
                    Well, Han didn't seem offended with the nerfherder part.

Anyway, yes. John and Elizabeth would never use such endearments in public unless they were quite angry with each other, I think.
                    Oh, I don't think so either. But in private maybe.

Comment

Nerfherder, Farmboy, Flyboy...we just can't get away from those SW references now can't we. I know I'm guilty of those.

Anyways I was watching "Lost" and some how "bedside manner" came up. I swear everytime I here "bedside manner" now I automatically think of Sheppard and Weir.
                      ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
                        I dunno...I think I could hear john using 'babe' to address Elizabeth before I could 'hear' her doing so. I adore the way she says his name and honestly the way he says hers. They always both say each other's first names with such earnestness that it makes you want to hear them call them intimately to each other. I think Elizabeth would be the one to want complete privacy before calling him any other name or doing anything intimate with him. Course I could be wrong but john is such a dang rebel-I could imagine him trying to tug her into a storage closet!

Oh, and on the 'Lizzie' debate. Ugh. I hate it. Abhor it. You will never read that name in a fanfic of mine. I love her name and I'm thrilled they don't shorten it in any way. Elizabeth is romantic and womanly to me. 'Lizzie' sounds like an old car. 'John' is my brother's name so I've had some issues to work out there. LOL!
                        Babe? Ugh I hate that. I think of the pig movie every time I hear it! But knowing John he would use it. Mutch to the annoyance of Elizabeth!

You have issues? I have a cousin named Elizabeth and an Uncle named John. Talk about issues! LOL!

OT- Does anybody here watch Lost? If so, would you please PM me what happened after Jack went into the hatch? My power went out at that part so I missed it.

Whistler-Thank You for the sig! I love it!

Spoiler:
                        Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                          Nerfherder, Farmboy, Flyboy...we just can't get away from those SW references now can't we. I know I'm guilty of those.

Anyways I was watching "Lost" and some how "bedside manner" came up. I swear everytime I here "bedside manner" now I automatically think of Sheppard and Weir.
                          Yeah and I'm writing an after-conversion-Fanfic in german, but I somehow really really can't translate bedside manners...I had to describe it in one long sentence I'm really wondering how the synchronisation will be!

By the way, talking about Baby-fic, I wrote one too, but it's in german... but if someone is interested, I can post it anyway!

The cat of a friend of mine is called Lizzie, so I can't really imagine Elizabeth call like that, but Liz suits her perfectly IMO!
                          Oh I just had a sudden inspiration, in hungarian they say Erzsébet for Elizabeth and János for John... well my grandfather is called János and my grandmother Erzsébet

Comment

Drat. Now you've reminded me of a fic bunny I had ages ago. Wasn't fluff, though. It was, in fact, extremely screwed up, but the scene that was kind of burned into my mind was John watching Elizabeth with her baby. (Well, their baby. But again, very screwed up fic idea. Possibly more screwed up than "Cleansing" was.)
                            I know you have a lot o projects on the go but i'll dance AND sing for THAT!

Comment

Hey guys! ZeroPointsnark has been updated

..and there's a new fic up at Langford_U
                              Last edited by SallyLizzie; 22 September 2005, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Hey guys, I've just written my first Shep/Weir ship fic. Don't think it will be as good as some that I've read but I just couldn't leave it locked in forever so I wrote it down. It takes place after 'The Storm' & 'The Eye'.

It's on fanfiction at and it's called After Effects.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/840674/
                                Last edited by divcon; 22 September 2005, 05:40 AM.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                                NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Working...
                                X