Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melyanna
    Drat! I mean... *hides fic*

I've always had a sneaking affinity for babyfic, though I admit that it's often rather horrible. But most of my writing has a theme of finding family in unexpected places, so babies just go along with the territory. Still, you have to admit that there's something rather priceless about one of John's kids idolizing Rodney and following him around everywhere.
    Now I have this image of a little boy with dark unruly hair trailing behind Rodney matching his every move as he walks. I admit I like baby fanfic. In the show...not so much.

I've had this thought when I was recently reading some older posts on this thread. There was a conversation about John calling Elizabeth Lizzie and I was trying to imagine them using endearments with each other while in a relationship. Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by SGLAB
      Now I have this image of a little boy with dark unruly hair trailing behind Rodney matching his every move as he walks. I admit I like baby fanfic. In the show...not so much.
      LOL, that would be *so* adorable, and would irk Sheppard so much. But, yes, things that work on fics don't translate good on screen.

Comment

I've had this thought when I was recently reading some older posts on this thread. There was a conversation about John calling Elizabeth Lizzie and I was trying to imagine them using endearments with each other while in a relationship. Any thoughts?
        Now I got that image too! Very amuseing!

(endearments are like pet names, right?) I can't really see them doing that. Maybe "Honey" once in a while. And if no one else is around.
        I don't remember the Lizzie conversation. Must have been before I came here. My take on that is I don't think she would like being called Lizzie. I know my cousin don't. But then he may be the only one who she'd let call her that. And I really think John would hate to be called Johnny.

Spoiler:
        Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
          Now I got that image too! Very amuseing!

(endearments are like pet names, right?) I can't really see them doing that. Maybe "Honey" once in a while. And if no one else is around.
          I don't remember the Lizzie conversation. Must have been before I came here. My take on that is I don't think she would like being called Lizzie. I know my cousin don't. But then he may be the only one who she'd let call her that. And I really think John would hate to be called Johnny.
          Ack, I don't like the Lizzie nickname. Liz is fine I guess. And yesh, "Honey" once in a while would be great.

Johnny is... -no comment-

Comment

Yeah, honestly I couldn't picture the use of endearments. But I was just thinking if I ever wanted to write something with these two, would I have them use endearments? I don't know. And the Lizzie conversation was awhile back. I was just skimming through old posts and it gave me this thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
              OMG, Pierce Brosnan, my poor heart, gorgeous, and british, can i ask for more?. My, oh, my, what would happen if we put Weir and Brosnan's Bond together on a room?, the moment they opened their mouths the world would implode for sure .
              But back to Shep/Weir, they could have an entire conversation with only their eyebrows. There are sometimes when i could swear Weir is saying "i'd throw you on this table, and smear you on chocolate, and lick you all over", without opening her mouth, just with those eyes, oh, yeah, and Shep's answering with that cocky little smile and those beautiful eyes of his "i dare you".
              I know EXACTLY the 'looks' between them you're referring to hon and I get that same 'I dare you' vibe from them. That is one of the reasons I think TLG could be so dadgum good and bring that underneath sexual heat to the surface a little. The two of them just don't get that many natural opportunities to explore that underneath sexual heat that fairly bounces between them in those gazefest challenge wars of theirs. TLG may give them a chance to take each other for a test drive a little in this manner. We need an ep like TLG or some other to *force* the two of them to think of each other in that 'Wow, I know you are a male/Wow I know you are a female' sort of way and hold them in it's grasp for a little bit. I think they both resist 'looking' at each other 'that' way for obvious reasons but the more they fight it, the more obvious it is.

That 'eyebrow' thing that they both give each other all the time is that 'connection' thing we all can see so vividly. They can communicate without speaking almost and they're on the same wavelength. The can anticpate each other's presence and thoughts seemingly and there is no forcing to it-it's all natural-esque. That's what I love about this ship so dang much-the slow dance is natural and the chemistry is natural and it just 'feels' comfortable and easy. You watch them argue, laugh or talk together and you just...*know* it's meant to be. It's one of those kind of very rare ships.

Comment

Yeah, honestly I couldn't picture the use of endearments. But I was just thinking if I ever wanted to write something with these two, would I have them use endearments? I don't know. And the Lizzie conversation was awhile back. I was just skimming through old posts and it gave me this thought.

I dunno...I think I could hear john using 'babe' to address Elizabeth before I could 'hear' her doing so. I adore the way she says his name and honestly the way he says hers. They always both say each other's first names with such earnestness that it makes you want to hear them call them intimately to each other. I think Elizabeth would be the one to want complete privacy before calling him any other name or doing anything intimate with him. Course I could be wrong but john is such a dang rebel-I could imagine him trying to tug her into a storage closet!

Oh, and on the 'Lizzie' debate. Ugh. I hate it. Abhor it. You will never read that name in a fanfic of mine. I love her name and I'm thrilled they don't shorten it in any way. Elizabeth is romantic and womanly to me. 'Lizzie' sounds like an old car. 'John' is my brother's name so I've had some issues to work out there. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                  Others have the scent of "sock puppet" in here as well.
                  LOL! Dang FP, you just made me semi-spew coke on my laptop! *glares at FP*

I can SO see your fat cat flippin off some of these 'sock puppets'. "Peh, take that ^ you stinkin rats."

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                    There are sometimes when i could swear Weir is saying "i'd throw you on this table, and smear you on chocolate, and lick you all over", without opening her mouth, just with those eyes, oh, yeah, and Shep's answering with that cocky little smile and those beautiful eyes of his "i dare you".
                    Hmmmm...I'm thinkin Elizabeth keeps whipped topping in her mini-fridge...I could see her gettin out of bed and goin over and gettin a 'hit' when she can't sleep. I'm now wondering what john keeps in his...

Ironically, I'm in the middle of a pure piece of fluff fic that involves ice cream, whipped topping and chocolate syrup. This little 'thought' of yours may just inspire me to finish it.

Comment

mmmm . . . chocolate, whipcream and John. What's not to like?

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
                      I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
                      Spoiler:
                      Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                        I wonder who would find that prospect more appalling, Sheppard or McKay?
                        I think they'd both find it pretty horrifying. Then Elizabeth would pat their heads and tell them to go lie down for a nap.
                        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                        Last update: 14 April 2006
                        Melyanna's Multimedia
                        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Mmkay, time to catch up, since you guys have been quite chatty in my absence...

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                          Priceless indeed Would that be the fic that's up at www.sheppardandweir.com? Bc i read that and liked it. Liked LittleReds baby!fic too. Okay, i've decided. Baby!fanon = Baby!canon =
                          I have babyfic up at Jo and Ruthie's site? ....OH! Watch by Night. Yeah, there's that one. I have a more recent one called Fathers and Sons, which was written in response to people complaining about twin fic. That was actually where I discovered that I wasn't the only one who thought that one baby at a time is enough, even in fiction.

I find myself agreeing with you, and for Elizabeth to have her first born in Atlantis would show a new strength and hope. I still think it's too early in the expedition for such matters as large sections of the city are still unexplored and therefore not proved safe. I guess i wouldn't be totally against the idea in future seasons aslong as it was handled propally *shakes fist at CC* Scarily, i have an image of Liz pushing a stroller round the control room
                          Oh, believe me, I think it's way too early to start giving major characters babies. Unless it were Carson and some minor recurring character. That would be cute. But yeah. Waaaaaaay too early for that, and too unsafe. But I really, really like the idea of them repopulating the city sometime, once they've explored the city and feel it's safe. People have been raising children in war zones for centuries, and I think it's a sign of endurance and hope to do so willingly. Just my opinion, though.

I'd want to see how John reacted to Elizabeth with a baby in her arms...and i think the idea of Daddy!Ronon would be fun too

Fluff bunny anyone? Will dance for fic
                          Drat. Now you've reminded me of a fic bunny I had ages ago. Wasn't fluff, though. It was, in fact, extremely screwed up, but the scene that was kind of burned into my mind was John watching Elizabeth with her baby. (Well, their baby. But again, very screwed up fic idea. Possibly more screwed up than "Cleansing" was.)
                          Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                            where is TH from?, when i first heard her voice i thought she was british, because of her accent, but i heard she is canadian?, still i could have sworn she was british, i have a weakness for a british accent, it makes my knees go weak, he, he much as Torri's voice does.
                            Torri Higginson is from Ontario, but she went to acting school in the UK. That may account for a bit of the accent.
                            Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

No nicknames. Well, I'll permit John to call her "Lizabeth" because he has on occasion. My favorite nickname for Elizabeth, though, comes out of one of Ms. Raven's fics – John calls her "Legs." Fitting, no? As for John... Elizabeth can call him "Scruffy-looking nerfherder."
                              Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                                No nicknames. Well, I'll permit John to call her "Lizabeth" because he has on occasion. My favorite nickname for Elizabeth, though, comes out of one of Ms. Raven's fics – John calls her "Legs." Fitting, no? As for John... Elizabeth can call him "Scruffy-looking nerfherder."
                                Lol, I remember reading the 'Legs' one, but which one was the 'Scruffy looking nerfherder' one from?

Comment

Working...
                                X