Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melyanna
    Drat! I mean... *hides fic*

I've always had a sneaking affinity for babyfic, though I admit that it's often rather horrible. But most of my writing has a theme of finding family in unexpected places, so babies just go along with the territory. Still, you have to admit that there's something rather priceless about one of John's kids idolizing Rodney and following him around everywhere.
    I wonder who would find that prospect more appalling, Sheppard or McKay?

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
      As an XF shipper my gut reaction to this is NOOOOOOO!!!!!, ABSOLUTELY NO BABIES!!!!!.. Babies ruin everything, please bear in mind that i'm talking about T.V show babies here, not RL babies, nothing against them.
      Maybe if they found the right moment, and could do it in a way that doesn't make the baby look like a plot device, or like a cope out (i.e William).
      My problem with William was, that he was made during commercial breaks, and we only found out (for sure) when Mulder was leaving, and the baby didn't serve any purpose other than be incredibly annoying.
      So if the moment is right, let's say 7th or 8th season, when Shep/Weir have a stablished relationship, we get to see them doing it, or at least the beginning, you know them tearing eachothers clothes of, kissing hungrily, fondling, grabbing, yadda, yadda, yadda (not like with M & S). Sheps being there taking care of Weir, helping on the birth (unlike Mulder), we actually knowing the baby is S/W's baby, and them keeping the baby (again unlike M & S). Actually i think all tptb would have to do is avoid doing everything C.C and company did with Mulder and Scully, and then the baby storyline might have a chance.
      I'm sorry I brought this up. I can't see Teyla run into battle with a child on her hip. Weir, she may be a bit too old. I thought she was in her 40s, but someone else said 36. Either way, if she wants Shep's child she better get to work. But maybe they'll find some invitro units around Atlantis and no one will have to actually carry the baby. Still, babies steal the show.

The only way to bring offspring into an episode is to do a story set 20 years in the future. Maybe having Shep meet his son. But that's a pretty weak story. I think the only way they'd be able to work a baby into their story line is if one of the female actors gets pregnant. With any luck, they can do what Amanda Tapping did. Since I'd like to see at least 10 seasons of Atlantis, it would be really nice if our favorite actors could have a personal life too.

I just thought it would be interesting to have a character that has both the ancient gene and the wraith DNA. It doesn't have to be John/Teyla's. Carson also has the ancient gene, and I think stackhouse. We're not sure how many Athosians have Teyla's ability.
      Last edited by mgbland; 21 September 2005, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
        I wonder who would find that prospect more appalling, Sheppard or McKay?
        McKay getting a woman pregnant (if he can learn how to date them) and having a child with his way with children? Hmmmm

Comment

Let's forget the baby bit, and see if Carson can divise a gene therapy for the wraith gene.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
            I mean, who *cares* if the characters fall in love with one another as long as the storyline isn't *about* that all the time and the sci-fi is still the primary? Human beings laugh, cry, love, anger, and spork..er...spark. It's just part of us.

I'm wondering if they'll 'try' and introduce a sexual relationship between tey and ronon first and see how that flies with general consensus and sort of prep waters. Anyone else had that thought?
            Yeah, they are human after all, and human beings have feelings. Having a show where the characters didn't show any kind of emotions, bonds, or form relationships would be unrealistic. But as you said, just as long as it doesn't take over the plot, we don't want Atlantis to turn into a space version of Snogwarts . I hope tptb experiment with (or screw) other ships, before they decide to mess with Shep/Weir.
            Originally posted by mgbland
            Weir, she may be a bit too old. I thought she was in her 40s, but someone else said 36. Either way, if she wants Shep's child she better get to work.
            I don't know if i should respond to this since i can't make up my mind about an issue. Dude what are you a Sheyla in disguise trying to stir havoc?. 'Cause i've seen this tactic before, a person comes into a thread pretending to be amicable, and then starts doing pasive agresive remarks, if someone says anything or gets angry that same person responds with an "i didn't mean to", or "i didn't think you'd get offended". Like your Shep/Teyla baby idea, or this one about Weir. 'Cause seriously, someone coming here where there are a lot of Weir fans (counting me off course), and saying this is like asking to be hanged by the balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
              Yeah, they are human after all, and human beings have feelings. Having a show where the characters didn't show any kind of emotions, bonds, or form relationships would be unrealistic. But as you said, just as long as it doesn't take over the plot, we don't want Atlantis to turn into a space version of Snogwarts . I hope tptb experiment with (or screw) other ships, before they decide to mess with Shep/Weir.

Yep. Exactly. I'd like to see them 'try' that one more on the front burner with more sexuality and let Shep/Weir continue to slowly evolve and build. Of course having said that, I will be clamoring for a kiss between them by season three. I seriously think though that Tey/Ron could be a really good-and hot- relationship and that it might even help with Shep/Weir in an odd way.

I don't know if i should respond to this since i can't make up my mind about an issue. Dude what are you a Sheyla in disguise trying to stir havoc?. 'Cause i've seen this tactic before, a person comes into a thread pretending to be amicable, and then starts doing pasive agresive remarks, if someone says anything or gets angry that same person responds with an "i didn't mean to", or "i didn't think you'd get offended". Like your Shep/Teyla baby idea, or this one about Weir. 'Cause seriously, someone coming here where there are a lot of Weir fans (counting me off course), and saying this is like asking to be hanged by the balls.

Heh. The balls...short hairs...whatever's handy... I DIG Weir's age. It puts her more 'equal' and 'experienced' to all the main 'men' on the show which is something we rarely see on tv. TH is 34/35 I think but I don't give a rip if Elizabeth is 36, 39, 41 or whatever she's 'supposed' to be. She's plain out hot if you ask me or I wouldn't be pawning her pretty self off on pretty shep. Would she give orders in bed? I imagine she'd try.
              -b

Comment

She's plain out hot if you ask me or I wouldn't be pawning her pretty self off on pretty shep. Would she give orders in bed? I imagine she'd try.
                Heck, with *that* sexy voice of hers do you think anyone would deny her anything, ever?, specially if they were on a bed. I wouldn't and i'm a woman and i'm straight, it's just *that* *voice* is so hot, off course everything about Weir is so damn hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                  Heck, with *that* sexy voice of hers do you think anyone would deny her anything, ever?, specially if they were on a bed. I wouldn't and i'm a woman and i'm straight, it's just *that* *voice* is so hot, off course everything about Weir is so damn hot.
                  LOL! I know. Some have bedroom 'eyes'. Elizabeth has a bedroom VOICE. It is incredible. She makes me want to do her bidding and I'm a straight, married female! The woman makes me stand up and pay attention and dang, want to know and see more. She turns me on as much as John does and honey, he is a honey so that is saying something! The two of them are sexy with a capital 'S' together!

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                    Drat! I mean... *hides fic*

I've always had a sneaking affinity for babyfic, though I admit that it's often rather horrible. But most of my writing has a theme of finding family in unexpected places, so babies just go along with the territory. Still, you have to admit that there's something rather priceless about one of John's kids idolizing Rodney and following him around everywhere.
                    Priceless indeed Would that be the fic that's up at www.sheppardandweir.com? Bc i read that and liked it. Liked LittleReds baby!fic too. Okay, i've decided. Baby!fanon = Baby!canon =

I think it can go both ways. I remember reading a fantasy novel years ago in which the great city was under siege, and when the queen decided it was time to punch through and evacuate, she knew that her men would fight harder to protect her if they knew she had neither arms nor armor. It would be tremendously symbolic for someone – especially Elizabeth – to have a child in Atlantis. Not only would it bring the city back to its purpose, which is to house and shelter a civilization for generations, it would be a symbol of both defiance against the Wraith and of trust in those in the city.

But that's just me.
                    I find myself agreeing with you, and for Elizabeth to have her first born in Atlantis would show a new strength and hope. I still think it's too early in the expedition for such matters as large sections of the city are still unexplored and therefore not proved safe. I guess i wouldn't be totally against the idea in future seasons aslong as it was handled propally *shakes fist at CC* Scarily, i have an image of Liz pushing a stroller round the control room

I would certainly like to see an ep that gives US an opportunity to see what she thinks about it. Perhaps in time, if Atlantis is kept safe, she'll have to make some adminstrative decisions about 'children' and families that will give us some insight into her own hopes / dreams or lack thereof. I mean, these scientists and military people *are* already dating...
                    I like the idea of an Athosion baby (not Teyla's). Just to have it shown enough to bring some issues to light i.e. where Elizabeth stands on family planning. Also, with the connection to Earth and with the possibilities of finding ZPMs, would people want to go back to Earth with/to start families or do they consider Atlantis home enough to want to stay and repopulate the city if given the opportunity. We know this expedition wasn't originally what Elizabeth planned to do with her life, so it would be nice to see what she did have planned and how Atlantis has affected those plans.

Originally posted by manybleemsago
                    I want to see Elizabeth with a baby in her arms. It would be so very cool. And very moving. I think I would cry.
                    I'd want to see how John reacted to Elizabeth with a baby in her arms...and i think the idea of Daddy!Ronon would be fun too

Fluff bunny anyone? Will dance for fic

Jinkies! Just when i thought i had my broodiness under control

Comment

LOL! I know. Some have bedroom 'eyes'. Elizabeth has a bedroom VOICE. It is incredible. She makes me want to do her bidding and I'm a straight, married female! The woman makes me stand up and pay attention and dang, want to know and see more. She turns me on as much as John does and honey, he is a honey so that is saying something! The two of them are sexy with a capital 'S' together!
                      Well, she has bedroom eyes too , where is TH from?, when i first heard her voice i thought she was british, because of her accent, but i heard she is canadian?, still i could have sworn she was british, i have a weakness for a british accent, it makes my knees go weak, he, he much as Torri's voice does.
                      I think Shep/Weir are the hottest couple i've ever shipped, i just can't decide who is the hotest one, uhmm, okay, Weir wins beacuse of her voice. Sorry Sheps even your deep rumble can't compete with that .

Comment

-plugs ears- I'M NOT LISTENING I'M NOT LISTENING!!!!! Let's just drop the subject like mgbland said. It's wayyyy too early in the ship AND season to actually talk about that imo. But I don't mind the fics.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                          Well, she has bedroom eyes too , where is TH from?, when i first heard her voice i thought she was british, because of her accent, but i heard she is canadian?, still i could have sworn she was british, i have a weakness for a british accent, it makes my knees go weak, he, he much as Torri's voice does.
                          I think Shep/Weir are the hottest couple i've ever shipped, i just can't decide who is the hotest one, uhmm, okay, Weir wins beacuse of her voice. Sorry Sheps even your deep rumble can't compete with that .
                          I adore the way the look together too but it's not the only reason I'm a shipper but I feel no shame in admitting how hot I think they are or even how hot I think Elizabeth is. I'm too old to give a flying fig what anyone thinks. Shep's hair and stubble do it for me but I have to give Weir the edge because I can't think of another woman who has turned me on to her so fast that I knew I was in love the moment I heard her speak and shoot that eyebrow at me. She is canadian from what i gather but lived in britain a while and trained there so there's your 'mix' of accents. Her voice does things for me akin to what pierce brosnan's does for me. yum. I just hope shep enjoys listening to her. from all early indicators, he surely does.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                            Others have the scent of "sock puppet" in here as well.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I adore the way the look together too but it's not the only reason I'm a shipper but I feel no shame in admitting how hot I think they are or even how hot I think Elizabeth is. I'm too old to give a flying fig what anyone thinks. Shep's hair and stubble do it for me but I have to give Weir the edge because I can't think of another woman who has turned me on to her so fast that I knew I was in love the moment I heard her speak and shoot that eyebrow at me. She is canadian from what i gather but lived in britain a while and trained there so there's your 'mix' of accents. Her voice does things for me akin to what pierce brosnan's does for me. yum. I just hope shep enjoys listening to her. from all early indicators, he surely does.
                              OMG, Pierce Brosnan, my poor heart, gorgeous, and british, can i ask for more?. My, oh, my, what would happen if we put Weir and Brosnan's Bond together on a room?, the moment they opened their mouths the world would implode for sure .
                              But back to Shep/Weir, they could have an entire conversation with only their eyebrows. There are sometimes when i could swear Weir is saying "i'd throw you on this table, and smear you on chocolate, and lick you all over", without opening her mouth, just with those eyes, oh, yeah, and Shep's answering with that cocky little smile and those beautiful eyes of his "i dare you".

Comment

Let me see...
                                Concerning the most recent conversation. Yes Torri does have a really nice voice. And she's really pretty. As for Joe...'sigh' he has the voice, face, hair... He's totally hot. That's one reason why I like the ship so much. They just look great together! I swear, I have never seen two people who look so good together!

As for the baby conversation. I agree it is too early in the ship for babies. For the show. I can't really comment because of the fic I am currently writing. But the baby did ruin XF. But to me it was ruined when DD left.

Spoiler:
                                Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Working...
                                X