X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vixen
    http://tinypic.com/dwp3dd.jpg
    This one just looks like a bad manip, doesn't it
    Okay. .where are the screen cappers? Is this real. . or a manip?

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
      It's real He just doesn't put his arm around her

Comment

Ping! When I think of symmetry I think of my other CSI pairing (they're famous for it) Would be sweet to see that. If not in that epsiode then maybe in another one.

I'd love to see some strong, emotional comfort scenes between them.

seetheship I like your sig!
        Let me just tell ya...that is what is on my 'list' of WANTS for them in this season or next. *nods head firmly*. I want to see Elizabeth TOTALLY break down. I mean, I want a decision she makes to be so wrong that it costs lives and maybe something more and I want to see her break down emotionally and John be there for her. Comforting arms, words, the whole bit. I mean, that one is right up there at the top of my list.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
          Yup, it's real. Just a wacky angle. Nice catch, Vixen. Of course, I wish the camera had gone around the other way, as I'd love to see the look Elizabeth gives John to his Pavlovian response to the word "warship." Oh well.
          Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
          Last update: 14 April 2006
          Melyanna's Multimedia
          Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
            Yup, it's real. Just a wacky angle. Nice catch, Vixen. Of course, I wish the camera had gone around the other way, as I'd love to see the look Elizabeth gives John to his Pavlovian response to the word "warship." Oh well.
            It's from Aurora?

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon
              I swear I've read, some episodes were tweaked a bit & they seemed more shippy. So we can hope for a
              Spoiler:
              nice Epiphany bookend (kiss, hug, meaningful loooong stare) to The Hug.

Although SGA has been sucking with the continuity recently.
              Epiphany
              Spoiler:
              As the episode stood at casting, Act IV ends with John finding out that the Ancient woman Teer has had visions of him all her life, visions that he would defeat the Beast that tries to prey upon the people, and that he would defeat the Beast that night. (This after a ten-hour trek back to the portal to see if there's any evidence of his friends trying to come for him.) Then she kisses him. (Can't really blame her, as she's had visions of him saving her people for years and years. I'd want to kiss him too.) So the episode tag has to include John defeating the Beast and McKay showing up to fetch him, and probably includes the Ancients there ascending and John choosing to go home. There's a slim possibility of a scene when he gets off the planet, but I think it's probably more likely that Rodney mentions Elizabeth working her butt off to save him (Linguist!Lizzie, yay!), and John having a strong reaction to that. All speculation, though. Who knows, maybe we would get a hug.
              Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Epiphany
                Spoiler:
                As the episode stood at casting, Act IV ends with John finding out that the Ancient woman Teer has had visions of him all her life, visions that he would defeat the Beast that tries to prey upon the people, and that he would defeat the Beast that night. (This after a ten-hour trek back to the portal to see if there's any evidence of his friends trying to come for him.) Then she kisses him. (Can't really blame her, as she's had visions of him saving her people for years and years. I'd want to kiss him too.) So the episode tag has to include John defeating the Beast and McKay showing up to fetch him, and probably includes the Ancients there ascending and John choosing to go home. There's a slim possibility of a scene when he gets off the planet, but I think it's probably more likely that Rodney mentions Elizabeth working her butt off to save him (Linguist!Lizzie, yay!), and John having a strong reaction to that. All speculation, though. Who knows, maybe we would get a hug.

OK Melyanna, do not burst my bubble. Back away slowly from the bubble!

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                  It's from Aurora?
                  Yes, very early in the episode. Rodney walks over to a different console, and John and Elizabeth are turning around to follow him. Vixen just froze the frame in the right place.
                  Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

I was reading over at Live Journal just a min ago on my coffee break and one of the gals there was pondering the title of 'The Long Goodbye' and she made the observation that the TPTB (the writers in this case) never 'name' an episode randomly. It always has a meaning connected with the episode/character/plot featured. So...we have 'TLG'. This of course is the episode with
                    Spoiler:
                    Elizabeth gaining some sort of ability to fight. I'm wondering if the team doesn't find out that this 'ability' is somehow killing/hurting her as she uses it and the more she does, the closer she gets to death. Isn't this the ep about a them finding some sort of lifepod too? I know we were hopeful she and shep would get stuck in there together and stranded and *that* certainly made sense given the title. I'd *love* for the two of them to be stranded together alone and think they are going to lose their lives together and have a long time to say 'goodbye'.
                    Sounds about as perfect a set-up for an emotional moment between them as you could ask for.

I think they'd both fight like hell and if they could find a way to give the other a chance by giving their own life, they'd beg the other to take it. Just what do you guys think Elizabeth and Shep would say to each other if they thought their lives were over? If they'd finally given up hope? What do you think they would do at that point? I think that they would hold each other tight in comfort and thank each other for what they'd given to the mission and each other personally. And...?

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis2184
                      Hi,

I don't really understand what you mean. I think you are probably talking about the Wraith girl in the virtual reality (Aurora). She wants a child to become more powerful than his brother. (that's what I read somewhere). But I haven't seen yet Aurora. Where I live, it will air on Friday.
                      I think you're confusing episodes. "The Tower" is where the girl tries to seduce Sheppard. Too bad she didn't do what Darla did to Angel and drug him so she could take advantage of him in his sleep. Of course, you probably have to be evil to do something like that.

When Angel got drugged, he started wandering naked around the hotel, and I doubt TPTB would want a Shep in his birthday suit to bump into Teyla (if she reacted that way to the tongue lashing, think how she'd react to Shep in the buff) or Weir.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
                        I was reading over at Live Journal just a min ago on my coffee break and one of the gals there was pondering the title of 'The Long Goodbye' and she made the observation that the TPTB (the writers in this case) never 'name' an episode randomly. It always has a meaning connected with the episode/character/plot featured. So...we have 'TLG'. This of course is the episode with
                        Spoiler:
                        Elizabeth gaining some sort of ability to fight. I'm wondering if the team doesn't find out that this 'ability' is somehow killing/hurting her as she uses it and the more she does, the closer she gets to death. Isn't this the ep about a them finding some sort of lifepod too? I know we were hopeful she and shep would get stuck in there together and stranded and *that* certainly made sense given the title. I'd *love* for the two of them to be stranded together alone and think they are going to lose their lives together and have a long time to say 'goodbye'.
                        Sounds about as perfect a set-up for an emotional moment between them as you could ask for.

I think they'd both fight like hell and if they could find a way to give the other a chance by giving their own life, they'd beg the other to take it. Just what do you guys think Elizabeth and Shep would say to each other if they thought their lives were over? If they'd finally given up hope? What do you think they would do at that point? I think that they would hold each other tight in comfort and thank each other for what they'd given to the mission and each other personally. And...?

Thoughts?

He'd probably spill whatever he meant to spill in "38 Minutes."

I really thought that Shep wanted to thank her for giving him a second chance. I got the definite feeling that Shep had hit the glass ceiling on Earth.

For Elizabeth, maybe she'd tell him that Simon had dumped her, and she's sorry she didn't have the chance to deepen their relationship. Maybe she'll be wearing a locket with his picture in it, muttering something about the man she loves. No, the locket deal is too cliche. I wonder if he's hurt, and she has to fight to protect them both.

To keep the show dynamics right, they'll probably do the bit "It's been an honor serving with you."

I'd love to see her trying to keep him warm only to realize he's getting turned on. Like Sam & Jack in Antartica. But if they do that, it would have change the way they do it. Or too many people would be griping about a repeat of SG1.

Of course, a lot of people hate the mary sue plot. Woman being caregiver for her man.
                        Last edited by mgbland; 21 September 2005, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
                          Let me just tell ya...that is what is on my 'list' of WANTS for them in this season or next. *nods head firmly*. I want to see Elizabeth TOTALLY break down. I mean, I want a decision she makes to be so wrong that it costs lives and maybe something more and I want to see her break down emotionally and John be there for her. Comforting arms, words, the whole bit. I mean, that one is right up there at the top of my list.
                          So do I. Some of her most vulnerable moments have been with John. I could see her just crack and break down in front of him. I can't see her affording to do that with anyone else on this Atlantis team but him (because of her position).

Comment

Originally posted by snoopoony
                            I know it took me quite long but I've finally managed to publish my own post-conversion fan fic. Here is the link. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2587941/1/

Please, go read it and tell me what you think.

Snoopoony.

P.S : great discussions on this thread, as usual !!
                            That was a really nice fic! You can never have too many post-Conversion fics.
                            When there is a will, there is a way.

My LiveJournal (friends-only)
                            My fics

Sig by Trialia.

Comment

Of course, I wish the camera had gone around the other way, as I'd love to see the look Elizabeth gives John to his Pavlovian response to the word "warship." Oh well.
                              Ditto. And you know that she also gave him one of her "Aww look at you" sweet smiles heh

Comment

So do I. Some of her most vulnerable moments have been with John. I could see her just crack and break down in front of him. I can't see her affording to do that with anyone else on this Atlantis team but him (because of her position).
                                I thought she was going to start crying when Sheppard told her to kill him now. I hope they revisit Conversion in episodes to come. They don't have to do the mutating bit, but give us insight into how the incident affected Sheppard.

Comment

Working...
                                X