Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    I spent my day watching SGA with mom and...daddy!
    Miller's Crossing, TMC.
    After mom and Lorne, now it's Dad and Elizabeth. I will give you an extract of our conversation:
    Me: Mom, I'm sorry if I didn't tell you that she was back.
    Mom: How you dare, little girl, to play with my mind. She's back and you said nothing to me.
    Me: But mom, I didn't want to "spoil" you. I love your reaction when you don't know what happened and...
    Dad: Can you stop talking, ladies? I try to watch this episode with this beautiful Lady (Torri).
    Me: Dad, You already saw her during the season 1.
    Dad: I don't remember her.
    Me: She had short hair and...
    Dad: Shhh...Look at her. She's really hot.
    Mom:*evil eyes*
    Dad: *to my mom* What? I said nothing when you are drooling over this lillte man...
    Me: Lorne
    Dad:*to me* Don't start with me. Put play. I want to see this episode.
    Me: OK.

And later
    Dad: Who is this guy?
    Me: It's John.
    Mom: He loves Elizabeth.
    Dad: I saw this but why he's like this?
    Me: Like what?
    Dad: Stupid. He likes her. It's pretty obvious and he does nothing. Jump on her, guy.
    Be a man.

And It was like this during the whole episode.lol

Dad is my 5th victim. mwhahahaha
    I wish I understood French just so I could come over there and watch this show with your family. Now I think I love your dad. Don't tell Mom.

And he's right. John was very very stupid and in S5 I think he realized it.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I wish I understood French just so I could come over there and watch this show with your family. Now I think I love your dad. Don't tell Mom.

Me too. I wish we could have a Sparky party over at your house. We'd be in love with your family and we'd have good food.

Poor John. Dumbhead.
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

I feel I have brought drugs in the family. We are all addict.lol My dad isn't fan of the show. He only thinks that Torri is hot.
        You can come. We'll be happy to have you as a guest. But like you said the only problem is that my parents talk Portench (Portuguese and French in the same sentence lol). I can't understand them sometimes but I can be your translator.

Sparky disease is everywhere now.lol

Edit: Eri, you can come too. My dad will be happy to practise his spanish.lol
        Last edited by Probie; 25 September 2009, 06:26 AM.
        sigpic
        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Howdy sparky Mcsparkersons. I've got some catching up to do, but I'm on my long weekend (FINALLY) so I can play a little bit. Everyone glad you enjoyed the fic. Drewandian welcome nice to see you. SR Nothing wrong with frat guy humor. As a frat guy, I might be biased. Gateraid dig the pic and comments. Probie your pops (American slang for father) is also my homie now. Send some sparky beer his way. "Jump on her guy. Be a man" pretty much sums up what I think/would do It's cool if he's not a fan, but is sweet on Miss Torri. When I was laid off I started watching What Not to Wear *Glares down all the snickers* (I already dress well without their help) just because Stacy London is hot. Talk about gams (legs). Now I'm not sure who my celebrity crush is: Miss Torri or Miss Stacy.
          "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Ugh, Big Bang is annoying me. I just had a brain storm last night that's created a massive shift in the plan. And there's only one weekend left! Argh.

Aha, now Probie's dad is into watching SGA! Okay, so at the moment, it's only for Torri, but hey, now he's got a reason to watch! It'll only be a matter of time before he's completely hooked! And he sees Sparky! Smart man!

pkprd869: Torri. Definitely Torri.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
              Howdy sparky Mcsparkersons. I've got some catching up to do, but I'm on my long weekend (FINALLY) so I can play a little bit. Everyone glad you enjoyed the fic. Drewandian welcome nice to see you. SR Nothing wrong with frat guy humor. As a frat guy, I might be biased. Gateraid dig the pic and comments. Probie your pops (American slang for father) is also my homie now. Send some sparky beer his way. "Jump on her guy. Be a man" pretty much sums up what I think/would do It's cool if he's not a fan, but is sweet on Miss Torri. When I was laid off I started watching What Not to Wear *Glares down all the snickers* (I already dress well without their help) just because Stacy London is hot. Talk about gams (legs). Now I'm not sure who my celebrity crush is: Miss Torri or Miss Stacy.
              Thanks for the beer even if it's for my dad or pops (I like American slang) and not for me.
              I didn't know who is Stacy London. I did some research and like said SK
              "Definitely Torri".

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Ugh, Big Bang is annoying me. I just had a brain storm last night that's created a massive shift in the plan. And there's only one weekend left! Argh.

Aha, now Probie's dad is into watching SGA! Okay, so at the moment, it's only for Torri, but hey, now he's got a reason to watch! It'll only be a matter of time before he's completely hooked! And he sees Sparky! Smart man!

pkprd869: Torri. Definitely Torri.
              Don't worry. Dad will like SGA with my help even if for the moment he said "Sga= boum boum, Marylin Manson and stupid guy who can't jump on a beautiful woman....not the real life"lol
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                Thanks for the beer even if it's for my dad or pops (I like American slang) and not for me.
                I didn't know who is Stacy London. I did some research and like said SK
                "Definitely Torri".

Don't worry. Dad will like SGA with my help even if for the moment he said "Sga= boum boum, Marylin Manson and stupid guy who can't jump on a beautiful woman....not the real life"lol
                Don't worry Homie, I just sent out a sparky keg for the whole family. Hmm, the SGA crew at a kegger...
                YEAH, BEER
                Do I get to do anything else in this scene besides drinking beer?
                *grunt* beer *grunt
                "Dancing Queen, watch her sing, she's a dancing queen" *Rotten tomatoes and other produce pelts McKay mercilessly*
                John, put your clothes back on and stop yelling "yeah beer"

I'm sure your dad will like SGA eventually, just explain it to him this way: "Dad, SGA has lots of explosions, beautiful women, and a healthy dose of comedy. How can you not like it?" He'll come around
                "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Don't worry Homie, I just sent out a sparky keg for the whole family. Hmm, the SGA crew at a kegger...
                  YEAH, BEER
                  *grunt* beer *grunt
                  "Dancing Queen, watch her sing, she's a dancing queen" *Rotten tomatoes and other produce pelts McKay mercilessly*

I'm sure your dad will like SGA eventually, just explain it to him this way: "Dad, SGA has lots of explosions, beautiful women, and a healthy dose of comedy. How can you not like it?" He'll come around
                  Very funny

I will say that to my dad but he hates Sci Fi. Each time he saw a Wraith or a ship, he said "pff...ridiculous". When I watched BSG, he mocks me. My life is horrible.lol
                  sigpic

Comment

YEAH, BEER
                    *grunt* beer *grunt

thanks for the welcome...it's nice to be here...I just hope I don't annoy anyone with my new-found shippiness and the excitement that goes with it!
                    My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post

thanks for the welcome...it's nice to be here...I just hope I don't annoy anyone with my new-found shippiness and the excitement that goes with it!
                      I don't think that would ever be possible! We enjoy the shippiness gushing far too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                        I don't think that would ever be possible! We enjoy the shippiness gushing far too much.
                        good! because I intend to gush...a lot....
                        My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                        sigpic

Comment

good! because I intend to gush...a lot....
                          Bring it on! We need a good reason to join you! Sometimes things get too quiet around here!

Comment

We love new people. Just ask Probie. It makes us remember the old giddy days.

And now for the results of the plot bunny attack I had earlier. I totally blame Toby Keith for that silly song about being friends.

Spoiler:
                            Five Times John Sheppard Was A Friend to Elizabeth Weir and One Time He Wasn't

John Sheppard didn't know exactly when he had become Elizabeth Weir's best girlfriend, but he did know it was getting damned annoying.

The first time he didn't mind because they were all grieving for Carson and her emotional response helped him deal with his own. He found her sobbing silently on the balcony, head down and arms clasped tightly around herself. John stood watching her for a moment until he felt the tears start to gather in his own eyes. Then after a quick glance around to see if anyone was watching, he walked over and stood shifting from foot to foot for a moment until she noticed him. He didn't have time to think when she stepped closer and wrapped her arms around him. He didn't even care that her tears soaked through his shirt, only stood patting her awkwardly on the back as his own grief gathered in a ball in his throat that threatened to choke him.

The next time came a few weeks later just as they finished discussing the business of the city in her office. Elizabeth leaned forward on her desk and steepled her fingers under her chin. John knew this look and straightened in his chair. It was the can-I-ask-you-something look and usually ended badly. At least for him. This time she wanted to know if he thought she had made the right decision in deciding to cut off her social relationship with that bearded slimeball Mike Branton before it went any further. It had been enough to have to listen to all the details of their lunch date a few days earlier while, ironically enough, they had eaten lunch together at the very same table where she had dined with Doctor Mikey on that fateful Sunday. John had told her then and repeated now that she had made the right decision because after all she didn't want to, as she put it, split her focus. The sarcasm in his voice went unnoticed.

The third time happened after Elizabeth was the only one to react negatively to some new species of fruit that one of the teams had found on a new planet. She had vomited violently while he held back her hair and later wiped her face with a cool washcloth. It hadn't seemed to bother her that he was seeing her like this. And her profuse thanks and repeated assurances that it was above and beyond the call of duty and what a really good friend he was had made him feel needed. At least for a little while.

The rainy Saturday that he spent helping her rearrange the furniture in her quarters was actually kind of fun. But when she invited him to stay for tea and went into way too much detail about how Carson had advised her to drink lots of hot tea to help the cramps she had suddenly developed which the doctor suspected were due to changing hormones, John suddenly remembered he had promised to spar with Ronon and ran for the hills.

A week later she had wrenched her shoulder practicing self defense with Teyla. When John made the mistake of dropping off his mission report at her quarters she answered the door wearing an old ratty tee shirt and a pair of cotton shorts that displayed way more of her long legs than he had ever seen before. Her hair was dripping wet and she was attempting to squeeze some of the water from it one handed.

“Oh John good, it's you. Can you please help me with my hair? I can't really manage it one handed.”

John licked his lips and took the offered towel. “Help how?”

Elizabeth sat on the edge of her bed and turned her back to him. “You know, dry it some with the towel and then with the blow dryer.” She indicated the device she had plugged in next to the bed.

What followed next was an exercise in torture that should have been at the top of the list of methods banned by every nation on Earth, hell every planet in both galaxies. As he lifted sections of her hair which curled around his fingers and tickled his palm with one hand and directed the flow of hot air with the other, John was certain his sanity was a thing of the past. But Elizabeth just sighed in pleasure and told him he had missed his calling as a hairdresser. John was tempted to switch the setting to cold and direct it at a particularly overheated part of his anatomy. Somehow he managed to escape with most of his dignity intact.

But the event that finally broke John's self control and ended the friendship forever came the next week. They had spent a few days off world getting to know a new society of allies and everyone had been glad to get home. Tired, dirty and hungry for some real food they had all hurriedly gone their separate ways. After showering, eating and checking in with control John had peeked in Elizabeth's office. Not really surprised to find it empty, John was about to retire to his own quarters when his radio buzzed. It was Elizabeth and she wondered if he would mind dropping off her laptop on his way to his quarters. 'What am I now, your errand boy?' John grumbled as he grabbed the small computer and headed down the corridor. She had really been getting on his last nerve lately, asking his opinion about things like whether her cologne was too strong or if the top she was wearing was too low cut. 'I'm not your damned girlfriend, for God's sake. Last time I checked I still had a...' John's train of thought was interrupted by the door to Elizabeth's quarters swishing open.

She stood there wearing a long silky robe that was loosely tied in the front. The laptop almost slipped from John's suddenly numb fingers but Elizabeth took it from him just in time.

“Thank you so much for this, John,” she said, as she moved further into the room and placed it on her desk. “I wanted to go over some reports before turning in but as you can see, I really didn't want to get dressed again. It feels so good to be out of those clothes and into something comfortable.”

John hadn't moved an inch but Elizabeth didn't seem to notice. She turned gracefully and the robe fell open revealing one long pale leg.

“I wonder if you would mind doing something for me while you're here.” Elizabeth picked up something from her bedside table and looked expectantly at John.

Somehow he was able to coordinate his limbs enough to take a few steps into the room. “Sure. What do you need?”

“Well, the air on that planet was just so dry my skin is a mess. I wonder if you would mind putting some of this lotion on my back?” The robe slipped off her shoulders as she turned away, presenting an expanse of creamy skin for his perusal.

Something went ping inside John's head but he took the bottle of lotion without comment and poured a generous amount into his hand.

“Sit down on the bed,” he instructed. His dry throat made his voice come out all raspy.

Elizabeth did as ordered and bent her head forward so that her dark curls fell away from the nape of her neck.

John set the bottle down and leaned on one knee behind her. He touched the hand containing the lotion to the middle of her back and began moving it in a circular motion. Elizabeth's muscles stretched and a small sigh escaped her lips. John reached around and took her by the chin with the other hand turning her face up to his. Her eyes widened at the stern expression on his face.

“Elizabeth,” he said, “let's get one thing straight. I am not your best buddy. We are not going to paint each other's toe nails or braid each other's hair. I do not want to know about your wardrobe decisions or any other damn thing that girls talk about. If you call my attention to any other of your body parts after today, you better be prepared for the consequences because I'm pretty much at my limit here.”

When John wound down and his hand was still moving slightly on her back and he had yet to release her face but instead his hand had moved to her neck just below her jawline, Elizabeth blinked at him and a tiny smile began at the corner of her mouth.

“I was wondering how much you could take. I must say I would have bet that the hair drying would have broken you.”

Dawning awareness brought a big grin to John's face. “Why yes indeed Doctor,” he said. “I think this friendship is over and we're about to head in a whole new direction.”

sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                              Bring it on! We need a good reason to join you! Sometimes things get too quiet around here!
                              Don't worry, I will...as soon as season 2 gets to the library for me...I've been watching fan vids but i had to stop because they're just teasing me and it's unbearable! i wanna see it all now!!!!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

YEAH, BEER
                                *grunt* beer *grunt

*cracks up* Aww, Lizzie's just annoyed because she'd rather it be her and John alone with a bottle of champagne and a bowl of strawberres.

Oh heck no! Your excitement helps to rekindle our excitement, and, well, it's this mutual feeding off each other's excitement kinda thing.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X