Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
    I liked that episode a lot. Moved me to tears at times. Very good acting from everyone, and not only shippy, but overall "friendshippy" as well.
    Yes, it was more than shippy....

*hands Coffeegirl clean hanky*

*admires Coffeegirl's sig...*

Nice!!

Comment

I liked that episode a lot. Moved me to tears at times. Very good acting from everyone, and not only shippy, but overall "friendshippy" as well.

Yes, I've just finished watching it and it is a very moving episode.
      Spoiler:
      I loved how old Weir immediately expressed when she waked up how much she had missed everyone and her 'even you Rodney' was soo sweet. I loved how Old Weir mentioned to Young Weir about it being their birthday and therefore it meant that Sheppard had told her. Which meant a scene where Sheppard was speaking to Old Weir on his own. That's a scene that deserves an interpretation in fanfiction. It was poignant in a shippy way that after dealing with everyone else's fates, when she was just getting to the bit that dealt with John's she had a relapse. I also loved how she bonded with the ancient Jonas, he remined me of a cross between McKay and Sheppard. He had McKay's scientific enthusiasm and Sheppard's aversion to doing what he is told. To start and end the episode with such lovely Weir/Shep balcony scenes just made it perfect
      ~ Esther~ My Live Journal
      FBI - Body Preservation Division

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
        H£ll... I thought afterwards.. is Hatcheter a he or she? You telling me she's a he? Mucho apologies to Hatcheter, although you could conceivably take it as a compliment, as I think your posts seem well considered and intelligent enough to be a woman's...
        There are so many un-PC responses I could make to that. That's okay, though, you never really can tell on a thread like this.

(This has sort of turned into the place where I let my buried hopeless romantic come out to play. )

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
          There are so many un-PC responses I could make to that. That's okay, though, you never really can tell on a thread like this.

(This has sort of turned into the place where I let my buried hopeless romantic come out to play. )

And me, I'm a shocking cynic about romance in real life, but here, I smell the roses and feel that shippy vibe...

Comment

watched the eye and that so far was the only ep where i could see some hints of a deeper friendship (but then mind you im in the states too) friendship counts too right... i see them as friends.. who could possibly become more later on.. i will not hold your love for them together... even though i do ship for shep/teyla..

we're all shippers here... weather it be friendship or a romantic relationship between them *crawls back under her rock*
            sigpic

Comment

Before I Sleep was excellent. Torri did a wonderful job. There was great character development for Liz and a nice shippy moment at the start

And Astro, what a terrible thing you did force feeding Mel with McWeir fics. Shame on you
              Here are some fic for you stop torturing Mel
              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sheppa...r/message/1069 Called Confessions [spoilers- Letters From Pegasus]
              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sheppa...r/message/1070 called Recovery [spoiler- The Defiant One]
              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sheppa...r/message/1072 called Tears [spoiler- Before I Sleep]
              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sheppa...r/message/1063 called Auto Pilot [Warning NC-17]

Comment

Originally posted by Watters87
                Before I Sleep was excellent. Torri did a wonderful job. There was great character development for Liz and a nice shippy moment at the start

And Astro, what a terrible thing you did force feeding Mel with McWeir fics. Shame on you
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sheppa...r/message/1069 Called Confessions [spoilers- Letters From Pegasus]
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sheppa...r/message/1070 called Recovery [spoiler- The Defiant One]
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sheppa...r/message/1072 called Tears [spoiler- Before I Sleep]
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sheppa...r/message/1063 called Auto Pilot [Warning NC-17]
                Bah! Mel does allright... and it makes her write. She put me in one of her fics, married to one of the Sheppard boys... see if you can spot me..

Oooh... new fics... *rubs hands in glee*

how did I miss these?

hmmm....

Comment

Aaw damn I got all excited...but I already read them

*needs more*

Watched the Siege pt I yesterday
                  Spoiler:
                  was kinda disappointed at the amount of Teyla/sheppard ship and lack of Weir/Shep...but was a cool ep anywayz

Before I Sleep is my fave ep I think...its so interesting!! I love it!! Although the Eye gives it a good run for its money...I seen both like 10 times....probably seen the eye more cos its older!!

Comment

Hallelujah! She's right, though, her feeding me McWeir does tend to accentuate the fact that there aren't enough Sheppard/Weir fics out there.

And yes, Astro has a character named for and based on her in my current project... I shall have to see if I can get that finished up soon. It's spiraling out of my control.

I have several ficlets that are up either only in my LiveJournal or there and at sheppardandweir.com. With the latter down for some reason, I figured I'd provide a link to the LJ versions:

Mel's Sheppard/Weir ficlets
                    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                    Last update: 14 April 2006
                    Melyanna's Multimedia
                    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Wow...there are more male shippers in here then i thought!

Just another aspect of the internet...anonymity. It's good to know.

I just saw "The Seige" not my ship in it, but...
                      Spoiler:
                      There was that one scene when Weir said something about "no pressure Rodney and walks out" and Shep says the same thing and follows her out...yes its my pathtic spin in ship. But I got to say lots of angry Shep moments very sexy...but i'll leave that for the thunk thread.
                      ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                        Yes, it was more than shippy....

*hands Coffeegirl clean hanky*

*admires Coffeegirl's sig...*

Nice!!
                        Hee. Thank you. Would you believe I spent ALL DAY yesterday putting that thing together? I don't have Photoshop, only Paint (yes, the Windows thingie)... you wouldn't believe the things that program does to perfect, good-quality, high-resolution pictures...

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
                        it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
                        It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
                        And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                          Wow...there are more male shippers in here then i thought!

Just another aspect of the internet...anonymity. It's good to know.

I just saw "The Seige" not my ship in it, but...
                          Spoiler:
                          There was that one scene when Weir said something about "no pressure Rodney and walks out" and Shep says the same thing and follows her out...yes its my pathtic spin in ship. But I got to say lots of angry Shep moments very sexy...but i'll leave that for the thunk thread.
                          "The Siege"
                          Spoiler:
                          Hmm...angry Sheppard...VERY angry Sheppard - that was great!!

I'm sure they're just saving all the ship for the second half!!

Comment

Hee. Thank you. Would you believe I spent ALL DAY yesterday putting that thing together? I don't have Photoshop, only Paint (yes, the Windows thingie)... you wouldn't believe the things that program does to perfect, good-quality, high-resolution pictures...

I would.

It all looks fantastic till you save it...

Spoiler:
                            I couldn't help noticing during Before I Sleep that whenever I see Elizabeth on the balcony I am now expecting John to join her...

Comment

Shel - same here
                              Spoiler:
                              Thw balcony seems to be John and Elizabeth's happy place

Loved before I sleep...and my mum's now a S/W shipper as well!
                              sigpic
                              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                                Hallelujah! She's right, though, her feeding me McWeir does tend to accentuate the fact that there aren't enough Sheppard/Weir fics out there.

And yes, Astro has a character named for and based on her in my current project... I shall have to see if I can get that finished up soon. It's spiraling out of my control.

I have several ficlets that are up either only in my LiveJournal or there and at sheppardandweir.com. With the latter down for some reason, I figured I'd provide a link to the LJ versions:

Mel's Sheppard/Weir ficlets
                                You see, I'm good at strategy and coercion...

You named the chapter after me? *squeaks* btw if it's spiralling out of control, it isn't my fault

To stay on topic, I recommend all of Mel's fics! They are a great read.. and let's face it I wouldn't be hassling her if I didn't like them - a lot!

All the writers on this thread are very good. One of the reasons why I thought Hatcheter was a girl was because of the sensitive fic he's written. Just goes to show...

Comment

Working...
                                X