Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    Sounds like she could be upset at John (should he have taken up for her? Did he follow caldwell over her? Wow...so much yumminess...potential...Did he take up for her and she's consulting with him and thanking him? I love those shep/liz alone office scenes. ; ) Caldwell may try and turn john...i thought that was a possibility a few weeks back actually. He's prodding...seeing who he can get to it seems. Great ops for some liz/john ship stuff too!!!!

wow. great, great stuff. thanks mel.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
      MEL!!!! GREAT STUFF!!!!! You've been holdin out woman!!!

Let me chew on that a while. Sounds like the caldwell sword may cut the other way....wow.

-B ; )
      Nah, I posted that information when I got it, which was in late June, I believe. You guys know I wouldn't withhold something like this.
      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
      Last update: 14 April 2006
      Melyanna's Multimedia
      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
        I'm also glad it wasn't Weir, it's too soon for any sort of RST, on any ship. If the
        Spoiler:
        kiss
        was tptb notion of taking a step towards cannon for Shep/Teyla (which i seriously doubt) i would be worried if i were a Shep/Teyla shipper. Some people are even comparing it to the broca divide, i would be even more worried and would in no way want my ship to follow Sam/Jack footsteps (or M/S for that matter, M/S is like the bible for don'ts on a ship). Is it my imagination or when tptb focus on a ship it can be considered close to doomed?. Which is why i would be pretty happy with them leaving Shep/Weir to their own devices, you know balcony talks, looks, and not mess with it.
        I too am glad it wasn't Weir. The spoilers for this episode did remind me of Broca Divide and I was seriously cringing at the thought. Whether it was TPTB's intention for Broca Divide to be "proof of ship" with S/J or not I'm sure there were and are shippers who saw it as an example of proof. So the idea of the ship pairing I liked being treated the same way is not something I care for.

And about your question.
        Originally posted by Luz
        Is it my imagination or when tptb focus on a ship it can be considered close to doomed?
        I remember comments in this thread that said they thought Shep/Weir ship seems to have snuck up on tptb. I'd have to agree. I don't think they realized it in the first season. Now that they are aware of the interest I'm a little afraid what they might do. :s

Originally posted by Luz
        From the
        Spoiler:
        kiss
        i would dare saying they are still experimenting, they know what we want, and they know what Shep/Teyla shippers want, they know we are not asking for hard physical stuff, and are quite happy with a "friend's to lovers" slowly budding relationship. And they know Shep/Teyla shippers are more into physical stuff, like how he's attracted to her ever since the rising, and how their stick fights are the vertical expression of a horizontal wish
        Spoiler:
        which according to some Shep/Teyla shippers explanations was the reason why he kissed her in Conversion, he just couldn't take it anymore, and since his inhibitions were down he could satisfy his long held hearts (or other head's) desire
        Sneeky dudes tptb are, they are playing with both of us, trying to satisfy the Shep/Teyla shippers with the physical stuff, but at the same time giving us our precious moments.

What I have learned is that love is first a choice and an action (and when I say action, I don't Sheps actions with Teyla in Conversion ) which will inevitably bring in the feelings. It's not pure physical attraction and what one feels. Feelings come and go. Shep/Teyla seems to be all about physical attraction.

Shep/Weir is about a growing relationship where they are building trust. Sheppard showed her trust and respect when he told Everette in Seige 2 that he should keep Weir in the loop. Caring about what the other is going through and being there for each other and knowing when to back off. BIS is a good example of that from Sheppard. Conversion shows Weir's side of that support to him. These are all some examples of actions on each other's part showing a kind of love at this stage. Not romantic love at the moment, but as I said the more they act on it the greater the love will become.

That was a lot more than I planned to say and I'm not sure if I got across what has been perculating in my brain for a day or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
          Nah, I posted that information when I got it, which was in late June, I believe. You guys know I wouldn't withhold something like this.
          Well crap, I didn't know what shep/weir was in June! And I sure as heck didn't know what a 'sheyla' was. Y'all coulda kept that one. ; )

I'm so glad you reposted! I feel special.

And, I'm wanting your 'take' on that
          Spoiler:
          mouthsmushing
          thing from conversion too...think it meant anything much in the grand scheme? was it about what you expected?

-B

Comment

You know, I knew that. I guess that didn't stick in my head because he's probably not going to have a very significant role in the episode. I think there was one mention of him in the sides for The Hive, whereas he's got a pretty big part in Critical Mass.
            That's cool, I was just curious, if you don't mind me asking , do you have any idea what Shep and Weir are up to in Grace Under Pressure?

Comment

SGLAB,

I'm not so sure that TPTB didn't at least 'see' Shep/Weir pretty dadgum early. They obviously didn't plan on making tey/shep the marquee relationship so why bother with a romance at all if it can have centerstage time? But then, it may HAVE sneaked up on them...

I have to believe that even THEY can't be so dense as to not see the potential though.

-B ; )

Comment

Okay after watching "Conversion" I had this terrible urge to write a Shep/Weir ending. I finished it late last night and totally forgot to post the link here.

So here is my shameless plug.

Title: Apology Accepted
                Author: AthenaKTT
                Pairing: Sheppard/Weir
                Spoiler: Conversion
                Summary: This is the Sparky ending that should have been added to the end of “Conversion.” At least I think it needed a Sparky ending.
                ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                  Okay after watching "Conversion" I had this terrible urge to write a Shep/Weir ending. I finished it late last night and totally forgot to post the link here.

Summary: This is the Sparky ending that should have been added to the end of “Conversion.” At least I think it needed a Sparky ending.
                  I love it! I haven't seen much of your fic lately. Are you not writing as much, or am I just missing it somehow?

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

You know, I read a quote not too long ago that addressed Caldwell. I cannot remember who said it and I am paraphrasing, but it was something to the effect that he was going to cause some problems between John and Elizabeth (I don't think it was shippy, I thought it was more character related). I know I read the quote and it was one of the actors that said it, I think. I immediately thought it would be a Hot Zone type of issue, and the "trust" of Weir's decisions comes back up.
                    I could go for that, but I am not a big fan of "rifts" between characters. It is tough to pull off, especially if the show does not follow through well. And Atlantis has not proved to me that it follows through yet, which is part of why I worry about them doing Shep/Weir properly.
                    "It's been my experience, Julia, that no matter where you go...there you are. " Suzanne Sugarbaker
                    (Designing Women)

Comment

Originally posted by grasshopper
                      You know, I read a quote not too long ago that addressed Caldwell. I cannot remember who said it and I am paraphrasing, but it was something to the effect that he was going to cause some problems between John and Elizabeth (I don't think it was shippy, I thought it was more character related). I know I read the quote and it was one of the actors that said it, I think. I immediately thought it would be a Hot Zone type of issue, and the "trust" of Weir's decisions comes back up.
                      I could go for that, but I am not a big fan of "rifts" between characters. It is tough to pull off, especially if the show does not follow through well. And Atlantis has not proved to me that it follows through yet, which is part of why I worry about them doing Shep/Weir properly.
                      I can certainly understand that concern grass but the potential with a shep/weir ship is intense and delicious that I can't help myself. I hope they take the tough, long and forever always route. Those two are perfect for each other. I can see it and feel it in my old bones. They have the 'it' that makes me want to take a chance and ease to the edge of the cliff with them.

-B ; )

Comment

Originally posted by Shonaille
                        That's cool, I was just curious, if you don't mind me asking , do you have any idea what Shep and Weir are up to in Grace Under Pressure?
                        I have information (meaning casting sides) on The Lost Boys, The Hive, Critical Mass, Michael, The Tower, and Coup d'État. If I don't have casting sides on an episode, it generally means there are no new guest stars. So no, I haven't got anything on Grace Under Pressure.

And Bama, as for the incident in Conversion... well, I think I owe my intuition an apology. As the episode neared, I was worried that I'd followed my gut and lulled you all into a false sense of security or something.
                        Spoiler:
                        The mouth-squishing was about what I expected. It was fast, it was violent... and poor Teyla. As others (Hatcheter?) have suggested, it was comparable to John's later violence with Elizabeth. Just more human. I suspect that had it been Elizabeth or any other woman in that room, she would have gotten slammed against the wall and kissed. It didn't have anything to do with Teyla specifically, or with romance. It had to do with John acting on severely lowered inhibitions. I know that people elsewhere have taken this to mean that what John really wants is a relationship with Teyla, but I don't buy it. He didn't just kiss her. He terrified her. There's a difference between being forward and attempting to assault.
                        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                        Last update: 14 April 2006
                        Melyanna's Multimedia
                        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

I have information (meaning casting sides) on The Lost Boys, The Hive, Critical Mass, Michael, The Tower, and Coup d'État. If I don't have casting sides on an episode, it generally means there are no new guest stars. So no, I haven't got anything on Grace Under Pressure.

And Bama, as for the incident in Conversion... well, I think I owe my intuition an apology. As the episode neared, I was worried that I'd followed my gut and lulled you all into a false sense of security or something.
                          Spoiler:
                          The mouth-squishing was about what I expected. It was fast, it was violent... and poor Teyla. As others (Hatcheter?) have suggested, it was comparable to John's later violence with Elizabeth. Just more human. I suspect that had it been Elizabeth or any other woman in that room, she would have gotten slammed against the wall and kissed. It didn't have anything to do with Teyla specifically, or with romance. It had to do with John acting on severely lowered inhibitions. I know that people elsewhere have taken this to mean that what John really wants is a relationship with Teyla, but I don't buy it. He didn't just kiss her. He terrified her. There's a difference between being forward and attempting to assault.
                          In general Mel, does it look like plenty of ops for John/Eliz. moments? I'm concerned we may revert to a lazy pattern of team away bunches of the time while Liz stays home knitting and fretting. I want them exploring that city and finding stuff more. I like it when rodney gets in on 'finds' too. HZone is one of my fave eps!

ITA with that take on the
                          Spoiler:
                          face smushing event. I really agree with your idea that it wouldn't have really mattered which woman was fighting with him. The animal/man mix responded to pure physical stimuli at that point. (Plus I think it served as a 'gotcha!' moment as a plot device) He was simply too far gone by the time he met up with Eliz. in the bedroom scene. Also wanted your 'take' on the final scene when you get the time.

No false sense of security worries with this bunch I don't think. We're all pretty dern convinced that Shep/Weir just has TOO much ammo and the real good 'stuff' in it for them to go any other way for the long-haul. Some red herrings tossed about for sure but just gotta keep our eye on the prize.

-B ; )

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt

Loved it. Loved this line. "Two words: Aqua Velva."

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                              I love it! I haven't seen much of your fic lately. Are you not writing as much, or am I just missing it somehow?
                              Yeah, I haven't been posting fics up lately. I've actually had to work when I'm at work. Usually when we aren't busy, I spend most of the day writing fics.

Also I've been working on a couple fics that turned to be rather long and they are taking a while to finish.

Don't worry. I have very weak resistance to plot bunnies, especially ones that involve Sheppard/Weir. More fics will come.
                              ~Athena

Comment

Someone...sorry I didn't copy who...said about the comparison of Conversion to the Broca Divide:
                                Spoiler:
                                "The spoilers for this episode did remind me of Broca Divide and I was seriously cringing at the thought. Whether it was TPTB's intention for Broca Divide to be "proof of ship" with S/J or not I'm sure there were and are shippers who saw it as an example of proof. So the idea of the ship pairing I liked being treated the same way is not something I care for. ""

I was a serious S/J shipper, though I didn't really really go full throttle until Point of View. In hindsight, because of everything else they've done and been through, I see the Broca Divide as shippery, but the difference is that there is more to back it up. plus, when Sam asks Jack if he wants her, he says, "not like this" which implies that he does want her, just not when she's being crazy and under the influence. Teyla looked horrified and uncomfortable and not at all interested in John "that way." I asked my husband, who is in no way any kind of shipper, what he thought and he agreed that it was all animal instinct and that the real relationship building is between Weir and Shep. So there's one non-shipper take on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X