Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bama
    I'm thinkin jealous and angsty shep as well. ; ) THAT is what we need to see more of and this provides it. This storyline angle provides for plenty of ops for BOTH to see how much they need and want to be around each other. Caldwell already knows how Eliz. feels. Watch him USE that info now to torture them both. ; ) Angst ga-freakin-lore. ; )
    Am I the only one that could actually see Teyla being the one to point out to Shep how much it is Eliz. that he is missing? She 'sees' beyond the 16 year old prostitute type wardrobe she dresses in.
    Yeah, i think that's what col. Skinner has been doing up untill now, a reckon mision. Get to know your enemies' weaknesses and use those against them, i can totally see him psychologicaly torturing our boy and girl with his mind games. Angst, angst, and more angst i say, and it could be so friggin' good for us.
    And i also see Teyla as a potential Shep/Weir shipper i don't know why, i can just imagine her, with him going on and on about his frustrations, about being left behind, having to answer to Calldwell, and Teyla turning to him with a knowing look: "it's her you should be telling all of this to, you know."

Comment

Personally, I hope they stay away from triangles. Too many couples I've shipped have been tainted by this.

I think John and Elizabeth already have more than enough obstacles in their way.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
        Personally, I hope they stay away from triangles. Too many couples I've shipped have been tainted by this.

I think John and Elizabeth already have more than enough obstacles in their way.
        I'm not looking for a true 'ship triangle' of any sort either. Just thinkin we may see some character and shippy ops caused by people being in places that they normally wouldn't get to be. In NO WAY do I want (nor really believe we'll see) a Tey/Shep or Weir/Caldwell sort of triangle/quadrangle sort of thing on a 'real' level. I think the two we love though will be thrown off their normal 'pair' game enough to cause them and us some heartache and some unforgettable moments.

make any sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
          Yeah, i think that's what col. Skinner has been doing up untill now, a reckon mision. Get to know your enemies' weaknesses and use those against them, i can totally see him psychologicaly torturing our boy and girl with his mind games. Angst, angst, and more angst i say, and it could be so friggin' good for us.
          And i also see Teyla as a potential Shep/Weir shipper i don't know why, i can just imagine her, with him going on and on about his frustrations, about being left behind, having to answer to Calldwell, and Teyla turning to him with a knowing look: "it's her you should be telling all of this to, you know."
          You and I are thinking alike...and that line sounds about perfect for what I might expect too.

Vulcan mind meld...

; )

-B

Comment

You and I are thinking alike...and that line sounds about perfect for what I might expect too.

Vulcan mind meld...

; )

-B
            I know, this idea about Calldwell somehow taking over has been going on and on in my head so much lately, i was delighted when i read your ideas, it was just so much as i had invisioned it .

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
              I know, this idea about Calldwell somehow taking over has been going on and on in my head so much lately, i was delighted when i read your ideas, it was just so much as i had invisioned it .
              You definitely should post more. ; ) I've been driving everyone else around here crazy I think with my 'caldwell is coming' ominous warnings for weeks. LOL! He's here....

TPTB will 'milk' Pileggi for all his character is worth. Any idea on how long he's signed for? I'm hopeful next season is it. I sure as heck don't want them gettin ideas about making him a perm. cast regular. There's not enough room for he and john both as the big hosses and certainly not in Elizabeth's bed...Er...life. ; )

Is it just me or is his head balder and his nose bigger than when he was in XF. I remember how some tried to ship him with my woman on that show. Made me blech then and makes me blech now. And scully wasn't but about 10 years his junior. Weir is way too sexy and young for him! gag. He's almost sixty and that's my dad's age. My dad is sorta sexy for a guy that age but he's still my dad... ; )

-B

Comment

I'm not looking for a true 'ship triangle' of any sort either. Just thinkin we may see some character and shippy ops caused by people being in places that they normally wouldn't get to be. In NO WAY do I want (nor really believe we'll see) a Tey/Shep or Weir/Caldwell sort of triangle/quadrangle sort of thing on a 'real' level. I think the two we love though will be thrown off their normal 'pair' game enough to cause them and us some heartache and some unforgettable moments.

make any sense?
                As long as everyone keeps their hands to themselves (unless, of course, it's J/E in regard to each other).

If I were Weir, I would already be so suspicious of Caldwell that I would be keeping such a close eye on him that it would hamper his ability to scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
                  As long as everyone keeps their hands to themselves (unless, of course, it's J/E in regard to each other).

If I were Weir, I would already be so suspicious of Caldwell that I would be keeping such a close eye on him that it would hamper his ability to scheme.

Oh I think she is but Elizabeth is helpless against a big john 'booboo'. She's already covered for him once and saved his rump with mission control and I still think that promotion thing is gonna fly outta caldwell's mouth to john at some point too. "You know *Colonel* (said snidely), the only reason you have the position you do is because your lady went to bat for you."

I can so see it.

Caldwell is playing both of them.

-B

Comment

Oh I think she is but Elizabeth is helpless against a big john 'booboo'. She's already covered for him once and saved his rump with mission control and I still think that promotion thing is gonna fly outta caldwell's mouth to john at some point too. "You know *Colonel* (said snidely), the only reason you have the position you do is because your lady went to bat for you."

I can so see it.

Caldwell is playing both of them.

-B
                    Wouldn't the quickest solution be to convince Jack to reassign the guy? He is only a Colonel. Unless he's the servant of some higher, shadowy powers, it seems like it would be easy to push the guy off the board.

Comment

The role of Caldwell was originally a five-episode deal with an option for more. It's my understanding that they got an agreement for more episodes with Mitch Pileggi before the five episodes were up. He definitely does interesting things to the cast dynamic.

I don't think we're going to see him again until Critical Mass, another Carl Binder script, which is probably #13 this season.
                      Spoiler:
                      I've not seen anything to suggest that he actively goes around trying to get rid of Sheppard — I think he finds Sheppard valuable, just not experienced enough — but in Critical Mass, there's some interesting maneuvering going on. My information's incomplete, so I don't know everything that goes down in the episode, but he hammers at Weir's leadership in moments of military crisis. He calls her decisions into question in front of quite a few subordinates, something which one isn't supposed to do. (Incidentally, that jumped out at me in Conversion — kind of shows how far from rational thinking he thought she was.) I don't know where Sheppard falls in the discussion (which is about torturing a prisoner for information), but one of the very last scenes in the episode is John alone with her in her office, while she's very upset about what happened. Should be fun no matter what preceded it.
                      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                      Last update: 14 April 2006
                      Melyanna's Multimedia
                      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Random S/W picture:

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
                        I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
                        Spoiler:
                        Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                          The role of Caldwell was originally a five-episode deal with an option for more. It's my understanding that they got an agreement for more episodes with Mitch Pileggi before the five episodes were up. He definitely does interesting things to the cast dynamic.

I don't think we're going to see him again until Critical Mass, another Carl Binder script, which is probably #13 this season.
                          Spoiler:
                          I've not seen anything to suggest that he actively goes around trying to get rid of Sheppard — I think he finds Sheppard valuable, just not experienced enough — but in Critical Mass, there's some interesting maneuvering going on. My information's incomplete, so I don't know everything that goes down in the episode, but he hammers at Weir's leadership in moments of military crisis. He calls her decisions into question in front of quite a few subordinates, something which one isn't supposed to do. (Incidentally, that jumped out at me in Conversion — kind of shows how far from rational thinking he thought she was.) I don't know where Sheppard falls in the discussion (which is about torturing a prisoner for information), but one of the very last scenes in the episode is John alone with her in her office, while she's very upset about what happened. Should be fun no matter what preceded it.
                          According to Gateworld MP shows up in the eleventh episode of the season called The Hive. Just wanted to let you know

Comment

And random S/W pic #2:

I prefer this one over the last. Anybody for caps?

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
                            I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
                            Spoiler:
                            Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna

Spoiler:
                              MEL!!!! GREAT STUFF!!!!! You've been holdin out woman!!!

Let me chew on that a while. Sounds like the caldwell sword may cut the other way....wow.

-B ; )

Comment

Originally posted by Shonaille
                                According to Gateworld MP shows up in the eleventh episode of the season called The Hive. Just wanted to let you know
                                You know, I knew that. I guess that didn't stick in my head because he's probably not going to have a very significant role in the episode. I think there was one mention of him in the sides for The Hive, whereas he's got a pretty big part in Critical Mass.
                                Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                                Last update: 14 April 2006
                                Melyanna's Multimedia
                                Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Working...
                                X