Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Got a fic rec! And no, it's not an angsty one, 'cause I feel like having some fluff.

Names, by Miera. Tonight's pillow talk topic: name calling during certain amorous activities.

Happy Sparky reading!
    Rofl, thx for the rec... so funny and cute

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      Hmmm...just based on her complete lack of knowledge of any team sport (her response to John in H&S and her response to Jack about hockey in TRW), my gut feeling would be that she was a runner/yoga-doer more than a team player. For a woman who was pretty intelligent in most things, she makes no attempt to hide her ignorance about certain sports (she's also not apologetic about it). Generally if you know one sport you have a general idea about others. The fact that she completely mistakes Hockey terminology for American football terminology means that she has no idea about either one--which makes me think she probably doesn't know much soccer, either.
      She may not know about hockey, it isn't as popular as most of the other televised team sports. As for Hide & Seek I do think she'd know at least the basics of football, it's hard to avoid, but "played dumb" to tease John (she had commented about that tape being his 1 personal item) or so she wouldn't be dragged in to watch all the time.
      DDC

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
        Yay!!!!
        Can't wait to see what you make of it.

Oh, now that sounds interesting

Like most women expect men to know everything about sports
        And like that other prejudice: women can't read road maps, but men can.
        Total and utter BS of course.
        Tell me about it. I printed out the Google map for our trip to the Celtic festival last weekend. At one point I told my husband to go right, but he didn't think that was correct so he went left. Needless to say we had to go around our elbow to get going in the right direction again. And what did he say? "I should have looked at the map before we left home." At one time that would have made me mad, now I just sigh. You definitely do mellow with age. LOL
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
          And Scary Kitty, kudos for the Google directions. Now using the earth view to for visual references is very girly Just giving you a hard time. But from my experience, girls use land marks and guys us street names+cardinal directions.
          Heh! Actually, I use both visual landmarks and street names/directions. I use the streets/directions to get to where I'm going, and I use the landmarks to confirm my location in cases where I may need to turn into a specific driveway/onto a side street and I want to make sure I tag it right the first time. *shrugs* What can I say? I like to be prepared.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by ddc View Post
            She may not know about hockey, it isn't as popular as most of the other televised team sports. As for Hide & Seek I do think she'd know at least the basics of football, it's hard to avoid, but "played dumb" to tease John (she had commented about that tape being his 1 personal item) or so she wouldn't be dragged in to watch all the time.
            See? Elizabeth's teasing John! It must be love.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Heh! Actually, I use both visual landmarks and street names/directions. I use the streets/directions to get to where I'm going, and I use the landmarks to confirm my location in cases where I may need to turn into a specific driveway/onto a side street and I want to make sure I tag it right the first time. *shrugs* What can I say? I like to be prepared.
              I dont suppose I can hire you as a part time navigator. I'll pay ya in turkey sammiches

And since I'm in such a good mood after a perfect day on the South Side (White Sox winner and Cubs loss) I will post the first few chapters of our high school bunny Friday. I'll let you know where it's at and what to look for.
              "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

I dont suppose I can hire you as a part time navigator. I'll pay ya in turkey sammiches
                *snerks* Only if they don't skimp on the cheese. I HATE sandwiches that are skimpy on cheese.

And since I'm in such a good mood after a perfect day on the South Side (White Sox winner and Cubs loss) I will post the first few chapters of our high school bunny Friday. I'll let you know where it's at and what to look for.
                Looking forward to it!

Comment

Yay!!!

Can't wait to read it

Sig by me

Comment

Good morning Sparkies! Where is everybody? *crickets chirp*

How about we get this party started with a pic? I'm just thinking about what Probie's mom will say when she sees this.

Spoiler:
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      Good morning Sparkies! Where is everybody? *crickets chirp*

How about we get this party started with a pic? I'm just thinking about what Probie's mom will say when she sees this.

Spoiler:
                      We will watch this episode today. More precisely in 10min when she will finish her cappuccino with my father.
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

For the life of me, which episode is that screen cap from? I feel like such a terrible sparky

Comment

Originally posted by ddc View Post
                          Maybe with John, but with Jack, she confused the hockey with football. I don't know much about hockey and didn't understand the specific terminology he referenced, but I know football very well and knew he wasn't speaking in football terms. She didn't.

It's my one big gripe with Lizzie, because I think it would have been awesome if she'd been a sports nut and could completely talk up John about football. Being a sports girl myself, I'm all about getting out of the stereotype of women not knowing sports.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                          We will watch this episode today. More precisely in 10min when she will finish her cappuccino with my father.
                          Ah! The Siege!! Have fun, the whole story is fantastic.
                          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

For the life of me, which episode is that screen cap from? I feel like such a terrible sparky
                            That is the famous (infamous?) HUG of Siege, part III. One of the most famous Sparky moments in the history of Sparky moments.
                            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

The Siege III! I watched that episode like two weeks ago. Man, they say the second thing to go when you get old is you memory. I can't remember the first.

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                                Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                                That is the famous (infamous?) HUG of Siege, part III. One of the most famous Sparky moments in the history of Sparky moments.
                                What? I thought a hug was just a hug. *pokes Martin Gero with a sharp stick*

The Siege III! I watched that episode like two weeks ago. Man, they say the second thing to go when you get old is you memory. I can't remember the first.
                                I'll bet you a nickel I'm older.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X