No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning (heck, practically noon!) Sparkies!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Yes, and I find this very interesting. Sounds like the plot for the next movie to me.

Shannon writes: “The previous question about Weir left me wondering – do you think the robot Weir is awake while floating through space or did she shut down?”

Answer: Her system – and the systems of her fellow replictors – have shut down. However, if anyone is foolish enough to mount a recovery and then attempt to awake them, they’d be asking for trouble.
    Well, isn't that interesting? *evil smirk*

He's already said numerous times that her story is done. But nothing is impossible I guess. If the shippers can continue on after all the stuff he's said to them, I guess the Weir fans have hope too.
    And he himself has said nothing is impossible with regards to other potential stories, so...

Besides, it's just a fantasy. If it's not on screen, it's not real.

And Sparky, by the way, was real.
    WORD! Sparky is on screen! Therefore, it's canon!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    I never expected the return to the Weir storyline, but it's kinda nice that he acknowledges she could be rescued. And, has inadvertently posed an interesting plotline for future stories, as in 'what if John and co. really DID go back and get her and accidentally set off the other replicators?'

Not a bad plot. Certainly not as farfetched as some of the other SGA storylines.
    Or perhaps, 'what if someone else found FRANibeth and the other Replicators?'

*the evil grin returns*

*le SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHH* Sorry I'm a slacker guys. Since I got back from England, I honestly haven't had a weekend (or week) to myself, and it's no better this week. But I'll be covering an NCAA regional baseball tournament later this week/weekend, and my mornings should be free, so hopefully I can watch Sunday again finally and do a recap. I do want to get through the last four episodes of Season 3 before SK's 'post-athons' catch up to them (otherwise we'll be doing double episode duty).
    That could actually be kinda interesting, though. We 'thon an episode over the weekend, then start the in-depth recap and discussion the following Monday.

Here's a question for you guys, though...my intention was to go through the 'Elizabeth' episodes of S4/S5--Adrift, Lifeline, TMC and GITM, with mentions of other 'Elizabeth moments' (like in Reunion/BAMSR) on the side. After that, I was going to stop. For one thing, this being the Sparky thread it doesn't make sense to do discussion/recaps with non-Elizabeth episodes, and two, I am not the best schooled in the latter parts of S4/S5.

I will have a final special treat at the end, and I believe Anuna was going to do a Vegas version with a Sparky twist.
    Sounds like a great idea to me!

Still don't know what I'm going to do about the 'thons following First Strike; I don't have the DVDs for Season 4 (and won't be getting S5 either)...
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      LOL @ the OT bit.

But. We do know John has a tendency of making foolish decisions and doing foolish things. let's not even mention his looking for trouble talents. I find it completely in tune with his character to mount the mentioned rescue mission. In fact, it would be a great plot for the movie, because saying "We don't leave our men behind" while Elizabeth is floating in space is just a shameful thing to do.

Okay, maybe they're not leaving men behind, but only women? Who happen to be civilian leaders?
      *snerks*

Anyway guys, I have a question for you - once we're done with episode reviews, how do you feel about doing an in depth analysis of Sparky relationship and how it developed through seasons? We could break it down by episodes, or come up with a different way of doing discussions.[/QUOTE]

I think that's a great idea!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

First: I'm so sad. The "man of my dream" lost the match. And now I want to get back to tennis.

Second: I think John don’t look smarter with the beard but sexy. Like Elizabeth said “It’s interesting”. I remember to read a fanfic about John, Elizabeth and the famous beard.
        I have a weakness for John with his turtleneck in “Whispers”. I spend my time saying "my god he is beautiful." Fist time that I realize he is so…as to say… hot. lol Yes I did not pay attention to the story.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        LOL @ the OT bit.

But. We do know John has a tendency of making foolish decisions and doing foolish things. let's not even mention his looking for trouble talents. I find it completely in tune with his character to mount the mentioned rescue mission. In fact, it would be a great plot for the movie, because saying "We don't leave our men behind" while Elizabeth is floating in space is just a shameful thing to do.

Okay, maybe they're not leaving men behind, but only women? Who happen to be civilian leaders?

Anyway guys, I have a question for you - once we're done with episode reviews, how do you feel about doing an in depth analysis of Sparky relationship and how it developed through seasons? We could break it down by episodes, or come up with a different way of doing discussions.
        I like your idea.

SK: If you don't have season 4 dvds, I can give you my dvds if you want for free.
        I would do everything to get rid them.
        sigpic
        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
          Second: I think John don’t look smarter with the beard but sexy. Like Elizabeth said “It’s interesting”. I remember to read a fanfic about John, Elizabeth and the famous beard.
          I have a weakness for John with his turtleneck in “Whispers”. I spend my time saying "my god he is beautiful." Fist time that I realize he is so…as to say… hot. lol Yes I did not pay attention to the story.
          He does look rather nice in high-necked shirts, doesn't he?

SK: If you don't have season 4 dvds, I can give you my dvds if you want for free.
          I would do everything to get rid them.
          Unfortunately, DVDs for the US and France are made with different region codes, so I wouldn't be able to play your discs on my DVD player. Oh well, it was a good thought.

Comment

Okay this is for everyone, but mostly Anuna whose not so subtle nudging earlier gave me this plot bunny.

Spoiler:
            Walking slightly behind John as they made their way back toward the jumper, Elizabeth could not keep her eyes from studying his strange garb. Okay, it may have a lot to do with the way the soft looking pants hugged his rear end. And a slight bit to do with the way the billowy white shirt stretched across his shoulders. His outfit reminded her of the movie Last of the Mohicans which in turn reminded her of the theme song from said movie and got her to thinking about how she had helped rescue John for a change and what a nice switch that had been. But mostly she was thinking about the beard and how interesting that was.

John glanced around at her and slowed his pace to walk beside her. Elizabeth hoped that her face didn't give away the direction in which her thoughts had been drifting.

“Thanks for..you know...coming along,” he said, not meeting her eyes and gesturing at the surrounding landscape with one hand.

She inclined her head and smiled enigmatically. “I wasn't busy. It's a beautiful day for a walk. You know...all of the above.”

John gave her a brief once over and his mouth lifted on one side. “And you have great timing I might add.”

“Lucky for you,” Rodney interrupted. “If we had delayed much longer, you would have been plucking even more gray hairs out of that nasty looking new beard of yours.”

“Rodney!” Elizabeth's voice was sharp.

Momentarily contrite, Rodney gave John a shrug of apology and trudged on.

“I'm sure John found growing facial hair to be much more convenient than trying to shave in such a primitive environment,” Teyla contributed, ever the diplomat.

Ronon snorted and nudged Carson who wisely remained silent.

Elizabeth developed a sudden interest in the flora and fauna of the sanctuary and began peppering John with questions to distract him. But she couldn't help noticing that he reached up occasionally to stroke his chin and scratch along his jawline.

As soon as they got back in the city, Carson insisted that John accompany him to the infirmary at once for a battery of tests. The others also were required to have a check up and hours passed before Elizabeth was free to check on her second in command. Told by a nurse that Colonel Sheppard had already been released, Elizabeth decided that he needed some time to acclimate himself so she wouldn't bother him. Disappointment making her shoulders droop, she headed for her favorite balcony which never failed to lift her mood.

The slight breeze stirred her hair as she lifted her face and stood with eyes closed.

“I thought I'd find you here.” His voice startled her from her reverie and she opened her eyes to find him standing in his usual spot next to her.

For a second or two she just studied him until, satisfied, she looked back out to sea.

“I've still got all my former parts. Everything checked out okay.”

“I can see that.”

“And, I might add, according to Carson I don't appear to have become a senior citizen quite yet.” He bounced on his toes a little as if he had made an announcement that pleased him greatly.

“I can see that also.”

John glanced over at her, expecting more. Waiting patiently wasn't a strong suit with him.

“So,” he continued, “you think the beard is interesting.”

She gave him a quick look and a smirk. “I thought you were in a hurry to shave it off.”

He smirked back and stroked his chin languidly. “Well, I thought about it some more.”

“And?”

“And.” He drew the word out. “Since you think it's so interesting and all, I decided it can stay for a day or two.”

Elizabeth turned toward him and took a step closer.

“Oh really?” She lifted a hand to his face. “Well, it is kinda soft.”

“You think so?”

Two hands now on either side of his face that soon trailed over his neck and back up to his cheeks. “Definitely soft.”

John leaned into her touch and brushed his face against hers ever so gently. “Maybe you can help me shave it off later,” he said as his lips settled on hers and his arms came around her.

“Much later.” She replied. “Tomorrow...or the next day...or...”

Definitely interesting.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              He does look rather nice in high-necked shirts, doesn't he?
              OH YES!!!

Unfortunately, DVDs for the US and France are made with different region codes, so I wouldn't be able to play your discs on my DVD player. Oh well, it was a good thought.
              and just for decoration? lol
              I know that French dvds don't work in the US. I hate this because dvds are differents for each zone. For example, French dvds don't have the commentaries for the season 1. So the comment with Torri and Rachel is a mistery for me.
              sigpic

Comment

Okay this is for everyone, but mostly Anuna whose not so subtle nudging earlier gave me this plot bunny.

Spoiler:
                Walking slightly behind John as they made their way back toward the jumper, Elizabeth could not keep her eyes from studying his strange garb. Okay, it may have a lot to do with the way the soft looking pants hugged his rear end. And a slight bit to do with the way the billowy white shirt stretched across his shoulders. His outfit reminded her of the movie Last of the Mohicans which in turn reminded her of the theme song from said movie and got her to thinking about how she had helped rescue John for a change and what a nice switch that had been. But mostly she was thinking about the beard and how interesting that was.

John glanced around at her and slowed his pace to walk beside her. Elizabeth hoped that her face didn't give away the direction in which her thoughts had been drifting.

“Thanks for..you know...coming along,” he said, not meeting her eyes and gesturing at the surrounding landscape with one hand.

She inclined her head and smiled enigmatically. “I wasn't busy. It's a beautiful day for a walk. You know...all of the above.”

John gave her a brief once over and his mouth lifted on one side. “And you have great timing I might add.”

“Lucky for you,” Rodney interrupted. “If we had delayed much longer, you would have been plucking even more gray hairs out of that nasty looking new beard of yours.”

“I'm sure John found growing facial hair to be much more convenient than trying to shave in such a primitive environment,” Teyla contributed, ever the diplomat.

Elizabeth developed a sudden interest in the flora and fauna of the sanctuary and began peppering John with questions to distract him. But she couldn't help noticing that he reached up occasionally to stroke his chin and scratch along his jawline.

As soon as they got back in the city, Carson insisted that John accompany him to the infirmary at once for a battery of tests. The others also were required to have a check up and hours passed before Elizabeth was free to check on her second in command. Told by a nurse that Colonel Sheppard had already been released, Elizabeth decided that he needed some time to acclimate himself so she wouldn't bother him. Disappointment making her shoulders droop, she headed for her favorite balcony which never failed to lift her mood.

The slight breeze stirred her hair as she lifted her face and stood with eyes closed.

“I thought I'd find you here.” His voice startled her from her reverie and she opened her eyes to find him standing in his usual spot next to her.

For a second or two she just studied him until, satisfied, she looked back out to sea.

“I can see that.”

“And, I might add, according to Carson I don't appear to have become a senior citizen quite yet.” He bounced on his toes a little as if he had made an announcement that pleased him greatly.

“I can see that also.”

John glanced over at her, expecting more. Waiting patiently wasn't a strong suit with him.

She gave him a quick look and a smirk. “I thought you were in a hurry to shave it off.”

He smirked back and stroked his chin languidly. “Well, I thought about it some more.”

“And?”

“And.” He drew the word out. “Since you think it's so interesting and all, I decided it can stay for a day or two.”

“You think so?”

Two hands now on either side of his face that soon trailed over his neck and back up to his cheeks. “Definitely soft.”

John leaned into her touch and brushed his face against hers ever so gently. “Maybe you can help me shave it off later,” he said as his lips settled on hers and his arms came around her.

Definitely interesting.

Wow I love it!
                sigpic

Comment

I am good with that. I love discussion based on canon. I say we start from the beginning with pictures to back up every little Sparky moment.
                  Yay! Lovely Sparky pictures! And thought provoking discussion of course.

I never expected the return to the Weir storyline, but it's kinda nice that he acknowledges she could be rescued. And, has inadvertently posed an interesting plotline for future stories, as in 'what if John and co. really DID go back and get her and accidentally set off the other replicators?'

Not a bad plot. Certainly not as farfetched as some of the other SGA storylines.

*le SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHH* Sorry I'm a slacker guys. Since I got back from England, I honestly haven't had a weekend (or week) to myself, and it's no better this week. But I'll be covering an NCAA regional baseball tournament later this week/weekend, and my mornings should be free, so hopefully I can watch Sunday again finally and do a recap. I do want to get through the last four episodes of Season 3 before SK's 'post-athons' catch up to them (otherwise we'll be doing double episode duty).

Here's a question for you guys, though...my intention was to go through the 'Elizabeth' episodes of S4/S5--Adrift, Lifeline, TMC and GITM, with mentions of other 'Elizabeth moments' (like in Reunion/BAMSR) on the side. After that, I was going to stop. For one thing, this being the Sparky thread it doesn't make sense to do discussion/recaps with non-Elizabeth episodes, and two, I am not the best schooled in the latter parts of S4/S5.

I will have a final special treat at the end, and I believe Anuna was going to do a Vegas version with a Sparky twist.
                  Yeah, that was a very interesting acknowledgment from JM. And you're right, not a bad storyline at all. Better probably than what we'll end up getting.

And ooo! Special treat! Looking forward to it. And Vegas! With Sparky! *claps hands excitedly*

Spoiler:
                  <space>
                  Very nice! (Even though personally I prefer him without the full beard) Still.
                  sigpic
                  Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

WORD! Sparky is on screen! Therefore, it's canon!

Or perhaps, 'what if someone else found FRANibeth and the other Replicators?'

*the evil grin returns*
                    Hehe. *joins in evil grinning* Someone like... the Genii perhaps? (there's bound to be someone they could have stolen a space ship from) They're ambitious and power hungry enough to pick them up despite the risks.
                    sigpic
                    Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Spoiler:

“I can see that.”

“I can see that also.”

“And?”

“You think so?”

Definitely interesting.
                      *grins* so cute
                      Thanks for this... will give me some nice sparky dreams tonight

Sig by me

Comment

Spoiler:

“I can see that.”

“I can see that also.”

“And?”

“You think so?”

Definitely interesting.
                        Oooooh, that's yummy! I love it!

Comment

and just for decoration? lol
                          Or maybe target practice...

I know that French dvds don't work in the US. I hate this because dvds are differents for each zone. For example, French dvds don't have the commentaries for the season 1. So the comment with Torri and Rachel is a mistery for me.
                          And then there are the nifty online bonuses that the DVDs in the UK came with; apparently, the discs came with codes to unlock a website where you can download computer wallpapers and stuff. Argh. *pouts*

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                            Hehe. *joins in evil grinning* Someone like... the Genii perhaps? (there's bound to be someone they could have stolen a space ship from) They're ambitious and power hungry enough to pick them up despite the risks.
                            Or really, anyone who's got ships. The Wraith... The Travelers... The renegade Asgard from First Contact/The Lost Tribe... Those freaky aliens from The Daedalus Variations... There's all sorts of possibilities for having some evil fun.

Comment

Okay, Sparkies! It's Angst/Drama Wednesday, and that means... fic rec time! Here's a newly-posted fic to whet your appetites:

To Find Yourself on Familiar Ground, by featherjean. #3 of the author's Much Abides series, which is an AU spinning off from GitM. Summary: It's still the city she knew, with familiar and friendly faces all around. There's a bit of a sad moment at the end (but don't worry, Elizabeth has John to snuggle with!), and there are some sweet and silly moments too.

Happy Sparky reading!

Comment

Okay, Sparkies! It's Angst/Drama Wednesday, and that means... fic rec time! Here's a newly-posted fic to whet your appetites:

To Find Yourself on Familiar Ground, by featherjean. #3 of the author's Much Abides series, which is an AU spinning off from GitM. Summary: It's still the city she knew, with familiar and friendly faces all around. There's a bit of a sad moment at the end (but don't worry, Elizabeth has John to snuggle with!), and there are some sweet and silly moments too.

Happy Sparky reading!
                                Great fic. Once again just as it should have been.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X