No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now another drawing, this one I guess slightly off topic since he's not directly related to John and Elizabeth, but anyway.

A portrait of Max:
    Spoiler:

sigpic
    Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
      Now another drawing, this one I guess slightly off topic since he's not directly related to John and Elizabeth, but anyway.

A portrait of Max:
      Spoiler:

Cool!
      Spoiler:
      I'm digging his unkempt hair; he's clearly been getting guidance from Daddy Ronon and Unka John. Interesting pendant he's wearing; I'm guessing there's a story behind that?
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Cool!
        Spoiler:
        I'm digging his unkempt hair; he's clearly been getting guidance from Daddy Ronon and Unka John. Interesting pendant he's wearing; I'm guessing there's a story behind that?
        Thanks! You're right about the hair ,
        Spoiler:
        and as for the pendant... there could be. Perhaps some kind of Satedan symbol that Ronon gave him for a birthday present.
        sigpic
        Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

A portrait of Max:
          Spoiler:

Erin you are so talented with your drawings.. I wish I were as clever as you!

my muse needs inspiring.. anyone got an idea for me?

Comment

Thanks! You're right about the hair ,
            Oh, that is CLASSIC! *howls with laughter* Those two are such a bad influence! LOL!

Spoiler:
            and as for the pendant... there could be. Perhaps some kind of Satedan symbol that Ronon gave him for a birthday present.
            Aha! Sounds good to me!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
              Erin you are so talented with your drawings.. I wish I were as clever as you!

my muse needs inspiring.. anyone got an idea for me?
              Hmm... Elizabeth tries to teach John how to read (and speak) Ancient?

Comment

I thought it was supposed to be ANGST day?

Comment

I thought it was supposed to be ANGST day?
                  Maybe it's John in trouble on an alien planet where he needs to read something in Ancient to save his butt (from malfunctioning Ancient technology, booby trap, whatever), and he remembers a happier time while Lizzie was still alive, and she was teaching him Ancient. And since Lizzie's gone now (frakkin' Cylons Replicators!), the memory makes him sad. Poor John.

Comment

NOW we're talking!.. :: kick starts muse ::

Comment

Speaking of beeing slightly less than happy about Weir's end...
                      Spoiler:
                      I read from JM, that he was really looking forward to making the SGA movie because they didn't have to tie up any loose ends in it. Personally I believe the Weir arc is a VERY untied thread that needs a conclusion. Totally disappointed now, gues we won't be seeing her or ever getting an answer.

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
                      I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
                      Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

NOW we're talking!.. :: kick starts muse ::
                        Excellent! Glad to help! *feeds plot bunny some carrot cake*

Comment

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          I read from JM, that he was really looking forward to making the SGA movie because they didn't have to tie up any loose ends in it. Personally I believe the Weir arc is a VERY untied thread that needs a conclusion. Totally disappointed now, gues we won't be seeing her or ever getting an answer.
                          Hrmmm... can't see it happening considering it took them two season to even half wrap up that thread.... you never know though!

Comment

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            Oh, yes, the Weir storyline definitely is a MAJOR loose end that needs to be tied up in a neat little bow.

Spoiler:
                            I think many of us have believed for a while now that we'll never get a real conclusion. The way that TPTW have dragged this out for so long and clearly ignored the wishes of the fans and Torri herself regarding the character makes it pretty darn obvious that TPTW have never had any intention of ever making things right.

Comment

Sniplet...for Angst Day

Spoiler:
                              Colonel John Shepperd slumped against the seeminly very solid nothingness behind him, resting his aching muscles and weary bones and conserving his flagging strength.

Teyla, Rodney and Ronon had vanished some time ago to get help, trying to find someone who may know how to release him from the imprisonment forced upon him. It was supposed to be a routine scouting mission, the same routine mission they did umpteen times a month to try and find new allies, new technology and the ever illusive ZPM.

He'd been stuck in there for hours, futily trying to find a way out of the dome shaped force field protecting a small ancient console in the middle of a forest. What it was he still didn't know, but upon touching the devide the field had activated, and he'd been unable to turn it off since that time. Rodney had tried everything in his rather extensive repetuire to lower the shield and failed miserably, conceeding defeat as his tablet finally ran out of batteries.

Bored out of his brain John moved over to the consol, running his fingers over the engraved figures that were probably clear instructions as to what the device was and how it operated. Problem was it was in ancient, and the only two people who really had a grasp on the language (apart from said Ancients) were Teyla, and Elizabeth. His heart twinged as he thought of Elizabeth, her grace, her beauty and her inner strength now lost to him. Again he cursed the Pegasus Replicators for taking her away from him, forcing him to leave her behind in their hands to face certain torture and as they had discovered later, death. His head bowed as he considered the times he had spent with her, both in good times and bad through the years. From their almost abrasive first meeting in Antartica where he'd activated the drone chair by mistake, only to find he had the highest concentration of the ancient gene out of anyone in the expedition, to the time Elizabeth was nearly tearing her hair out in frustration as she tried to teach him Ancient. John had admited to no-one apart from himself (and perhaps his secondary school teacher) that he'd been lousy with language, barely about to get through enough to pass his end of term exams each year even with solid cramming beforehand.

He'd noted Elizabeth still in her office one morning at some ungodly hour whilst he was roaming the halls trying to ease his insomnia, and foolishly sauntered into her office offering to help. Her bleary eyes and pale complexion told him she'd been there for some time, as did the stone cold coffee sitting on the desk beside a plethora of textbooks and tablets, each displaying some inteligable garble he couldn't even begin to understand. He'd picked up one of the textbooks, making a show of trying to understand exactly what it mean.

Comment

And the finished unbeta'ed...

Spoiler:
                                Colonel John Shepperd slumped against the seemingly very solid nothingness behind him, resting his aching muscles and weary bones and conserving his flagging strength.

Teyla, Rodney and Ronon had vanished some time ago to get help, trying to find someone who may know how to release him from the imprisonment forced upon him. It was supposed to be a routine scouting mission, the same routine mission they did umpteen times a month to try and find new allies, new technology and the ever illusive ZPM.

He'd been stuck in there for hours, futily trying to find a way out of the dome shaped force field protecting a small ancient console in the middle of a forest. What it was he still didn't know, but upon touching the device the field had activated, and he'd been unable to turn it off since that time. Rodney had tried everything in his rather extensive repertoire to lower the shield and failed miserably, conceding defeat as his tablet finally ran out of batteries.

Bored out of his brain John moved over to the consol, running his fingers over the engraved figures that were probably clear instructions as to what the device was and how it operated. Problem was it was in ancient, and the only two people who really had a grasp on the language (apart from said Ancients) were Teyla, and Elizabeth. His heart twinged as he thought of Elizabeth, her grace, her beauty and her inner strength now lost to him. Again he cursed the Pegasus Replicators for taking her away from him, forcing him to leave her behind in their hands to face certain torture and as they had discovered later, death. His head bowed as he considered the times he had spent with her, both in good times and bad through the years. From their almost abrasive first meeting in Antartica where he'd activated the drone chair by mistake, only to find he had the highest concentration of the ancient gene out of anyone in the expedition, to the time Elizabeth was nearly tearing her hair out in frustration as she tried to teach him Ancient. John had admitted to no-one apart from himself (and perhaps his secondary school teacher) that he'd been lousy with language, barely about to get through enough to pass his end of term exams each year even with solid cramming beforehand.

He'd noted Elizabeth still in her office one morning at some ungodly hour whilst he was roaming the halls trying to ease his insomnia, and foolishly sauntered into her office offering to help. Her bleary eyes and pale complexion told him she'd been there for some time, as did the stone cold coffee sitting on the desk beside a plethora of textbooks and tablets, each displaying some intelligible garble he couldn't even begin to understand. He'd picked up one of the textbooks, making a show of trying to understand exactly what it mean.

" Incarsis... something was overtaken...." He read aloud, noting that the majority of the handwriting in the texts was hers, mixed in with some of the other scientists that had been helping her on the translations over the past few years. Her curls bobbed as her head snapped up, making him almost giggle as he mocked her eloquent diction and perfect pronunciation.

" In...car..sis" He drew out... " Inc...arsi...s"

Elizabeth couldn't help but laugh as he completely destroyed the pronunciation.
                                " You realise you just said 'the donkey has no balls' instead of ' was overtaken'? She quipped, unable to keep the giggle from her voice.

John's face fell in surprise and he glared at the neatly written notes further down the page that detailed pronunciation and variations thereof.

" Well I was talking about donkeys..." He lamely covered, glaring at the offending word in the text. " Besides, its confusing in this text" He defended, flipping over the book and shoving it under her nose.

" John.. I WROTE that text. Are you saying I'm confusing?" Elizabeth retorted, a look of mock indignation on her tired face. " Are you saying you could do better?"

" I..." John hesitated, wondering if he really wanted to challenge her " Prolly not... but I can help you if you like?" he offered, dangling the olive branch in front of her.

And so for the next few months Elizabeth had tried to teach him the language of the Ancients, only to find very early on, that he was rather dodgy at all things language orientated. Frustrated as she had been though, she continued to try and teach him, using their time together to bond with a common purpose. Too bad the Replicators had captured her before he got to the particular few lines of Ancient that graced the console in front of him.

For the billionth time, he slumped to the ground and wished for Elizabeth.

Comment

Working...
                                X