Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Next week, we conclude the S2/S3 three-parter with Misbegotten. Followed by... *shudders* Irresistible. Oh well, at least we can mock the snot outta Lucius!
    Won't be here again. ;_; in DC.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
      Won't be here again. ;_; in DC.
      You're going on a trip to Washington DC? Sweet.

Or does DC refer to something else?
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Firstly, I am amazed (yes, what a small mind I have ) that when one goes up in levels, the priveledges increase too. Pics and PM (the PM probably happened ages ago, I just didn't notice til someone sent me one )

Also, instead of postathon, I watched Progeny, TRW & then CG. It was the ultimate SGA a thon. At this point I would be willing to accept Atlantis being blown up during FS when the laser hit.

I can't understand how they made the decision that they did about Weir (given that it was apparently made somewhere around this time [of airing]) when they take this group of eps into account.

And although I had previously considered TRW as more of a Weir ep rather than a sparky ep, I am reconsidering that now. Among other things, Weir says something or someone is trying to tell her to go back to Atlantis. Not to mention the look Shep is giving her when we first realise/are shown Weir in the isolation bed. I am starting to heart this ep. What am i saying?? I must have had too many of those sparky mojitos earlier. Or southern whiskey
        sigpic

Comment

^^ what SK said
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
            Firstly, I am amazed (yes, what a small mind I have ) that when one goes up in levels, the priveledges increase too. Pics and PM (the PM probably happened ages ago, I just didn't notice til someone sent me one )
            I thought we could always send PMs...

Also, instead of postathon, I watched Progeny, TRW & then CG. It was the ultimate SGA a thon. At this point I would be willing to accept Atlantis being blown up during FS when the laser hit.

I can't understand how they made the decision that they did about Weir (given that it was apparently made somewhere around this time [of airing]) when they take this group of eps into account.
            TPTW are short-sighted fools who don't understand that they're shooting their own feet out from under them. That's the only explanation I can come up with. *shrugs*

Because Elizabeth was an awesome presence in those episodes, and Torri's performance, especially in TRW, blew the roof off!

And although I had previously considered TRW as more of a Weir ep rather than a sparky ep, I am reconsidering that now. Among other things, Weir says something or someone is trying to tell her to go back to Atlantis. Not to mention the look Shep is giving her when we first realise/are shown Weir in the isolation bed. I am starting to heart this ep. What am i saying?? I must have had too many of those sparky mojitos earlier. Or southern whiskey
            Mmmm, mojitos...

I guess it would be accurate to call TRW a Weir episode with some serious Sparky undertones. Or should that be overtones, since it's so obvious?

I hope you'll join us for the post-a-thon viewing of Progeny and TRW!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

i gotta ask this question what is with all these three part episodes? i mean u had the siege one two three. Allies (1) No Man's Land (2) Misbegotten (3), First Strike (1) Adrift (2) Lifeline (3) This Mortal Coil (1) Be all my sins remember'd (2) Spoils of war (3) and thats it. I wonder if you count The Kindred (1) and (2) along with the Last man (1) and Search and Rescue (2) as a four part episode?

Comment

I thought we could always send PMs...
                We could, its just that you get more as your priveledges increase. I used to have 30, now I am allowed 50

TPTW are short-sighted fools who don't understand that they're shooting their own feet out from under them. That's the only explanation I can come up with. *shrugs*

Because Elizabeth was an awesome presence in those episodes, and Torri's performance, especially in TRW, blew the roof off!
                When I first saw TRW, I actually didn't want Weir to wake up. I couldn't believe that they had wasted her (TH) in a caretaker role, when she could obviously do so much more. Although with the group of 3 eps (Progeny, TRW & CG) I did feel a bit bad for Ronon, Teyla & Rodney, as they had little to do. Also, why was Lorne not in charge of Atlantis during Progeny, or part of the 'rescues' in CG? yes, prob actor availability

Mmmm, mojitos...
                Mmmm, bourbon. I don't really know what a mojito is

I guess it would be accurate to call TRW a Weir episode with some serious Sparky undertones. Or should that be overtones, since it's so obvious?
                I'd always thought of it as a Torri ep, as it showcases her acting range. Its the Weir version of Vegas. Except it is actually connected to the plot. And as for the under/overtones, I think they fit in this ep. You can chose to see them as friendship, or more, but you can't deny there is a bond.

I hope you'll join us for the post-a-thon viewing of Progeny and TRW!
                I'm not sure. I did get a bit caught out by the change in time (due to DST) this time.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                  i gotta ask this question what is with all these three part episodes? i mean u had the siege one two three. Allies (1) No Man's Land (2) Misbegotten (3), First Strike (1) Adrift (2) Lifeline (3) This Mortal Coil (1) Be all my sins remember'd (2) Spoils of war (3) and thats it. I wonder if you count The Kindred (1) and (2) along with the Last man (1) and Search and Rescue (2) as a four part episode?
                  Well, to be fair, they're not really connected by much. The NML/Misbegotten TBC isn't really a cliffhanger. The eps play as two seperate eps, just that there is a very short time interval between the two.

The same could be said with FS/Adrift/Lifeline. They are standalone eps with a tenous connection to the one beforehand. By calling FS/A/LL a three parter, you could almost say that Reunion makes that group a four-parter.

Also, given that s1's overall theme was 'the wraith are coming', one could argue that the whole season was a 20-parter. Wrong, obviously, but you get my point i hope
                  sigpic

Comment

When I first saw TRW, I actually didn't want Weir to wake up. I couldn't believe that they had wasted her (TH) in a caretaker role, when she could obviously do so much more.
                    So you understand where the rest of us are coming from whenever we complain about how grossly underutilized Weir was, given all the useful skills and experiences that had been put into the character's background.

Although with the group of 3 eps (Progeny, TRW & CG) I did feel a bit bad for Ronon, Teyla & Rodney, as they had little to do.
                    Rodney's presence in Progeny and TRW made sense due to the obvious need for his technical expertise, but yeah, in CG, he was pretty much window dressing, as were Ronon and Teyla in all three. On the other hand, in Progeny and CG, the team is going off-world, so they've got to stick together and all that.

Also, why was Lorne not in charge of Atlantis during Progeny, or part of the 'rescues' in CG? yes, prob actor availability
                    Yep, actor availability. I think Kavan Smith was doing The 4400 at the time those episodes were being filmed. And you're absolutely right, as Sheppard's XO and therefore next in the chain of command, it really would've made sense for Lorne to be there. I think CG might have originally been written with Lorne in mind, but then when Kavan had the scheduling conflict, well, what can you do? *shrugs*

Mmmm, bourbon. I don't really know what a mojito is
                    The mojito.

I'd always thought of it as a Torri ep, as it showcases her acting range. Its the Weir version of Vegas. Except it is actually connected to the plot. And as for the under/overtones, I think they fit in this ep. You can chose to see them as friendship, or more, but you can't deny there is a bond.
                    The Weir version of Vegas, eh? Yeah, I can see that.

And oh no, you definitely can't deny there's a bond between Sheppard and Weir. One would have to be blind and deaf to try to claim that there isn't a bond.

Comment

Well, to be fair, they're not really connected by much. The NML/Misbegotten TBC isn't really a cliffhanger. The eps play as two seperate eps, just that there is a very short time interval between the two.

The same could be said with FS/Adrift/Lifeline. They are standalone eps with a tenous connection to the one beforehand. By calling FS/A/LL a three parter, you could almost say that Reunion makes that group a four-parter.

Also, given that s1's overall theme was 'the wraith are coming', one could argue that the whole season was a 20-parter. Wrong, obviously, but you get my point i hope
                      FS/Adrift/Lifeline are not standalone episodes. Adrift picks up right where First Strike leaves off, and Lifeline picks up right where Adrift leaves off. Those three are definitely very closely interconnected. Reunion, however, is a standalone; it picks up several weeks later and its main story is unrelated to FS/Adrift/Lifeline. It ties up a couple of loose threads from the end of Lifeline, but it's not significant enough to call it a true fourth part (at least, in my estimation).

Comment

So you understand where the rest of us are coming from whenever we complain about how grossly underutilized Weir was, given all the useful skills and experiences that had been put into the character's background.
                        Not only the character, but the actor. TH has such an amazing range. So does JF, as do RL, JM, DH, PM, CR......

Rodney's presence in Progeny and TRW made sense due to the obvious need for his technical expertise, but yeah, in CG, he was pretty much window dressing, as were Ronon and Teyla in all three. On the other hand, in Progeny and CG, the team is going off-world, so they've got to stick together and all that.
                        I always thought that in CG he should not have gone off world. There wasn't a need for it AT ALL, other than to shoot the mouse rat. Ronon's lines in Progeny are more pointed eg we help our family, whereas Teylas are more helpful in CG.

Yep, actor availability. I think Kavan Smith was doing The 4400 at the time those episodes were being filmed. And you're absolutely right, as Sheppard's XO and therefore next in the chain of command, it really would've made sense for Lorne to be there. I think CG might have originally been written with Lorne in mind, but then when Kavan had the scheduling conflict, well, what can you do? *shrugs*
                        That makes sense. Was that the one where he gets absorbed/eaten alive during sex?

I may have to hand in my sparky badge. I don't plan on drinking from anything that has the word cock in the title

The Weir version of Vegas, eh? Yeah, I can see that.
                        By that I mean a standalone ep that is more a showcase of the actor rather than the show

And oh no, you definitely can't deny there's a bond between Sheppard and Weir. One would have to be blind and deaf to try to claim that there isn't a bond.
                        hence this thread. Can you imagine Cam breaking through a quarantine for Landry?

FS/Adrift/Lifeline are not standalone episodes. Adrift picks up right where First Strike leaves off, and Lifeline picks up right where Adrift leaves off. Those three are definitely very closely interconnected. Reunion, however, is a standalone; it picks up several weeks later and its main story is unrelated to FS/Adrift/Lifeline. It ties up a couple of loose threads from the end of Lifeline, but it's not significant enough to call it a true fourth part (at least, in my estimation).
                        BIS & The Brotherhood are closely connected, but not two parters, as are Progeny & TRW. Had they ended with the words TBC, I wouldn't see them as any different to the above examples. But I also don't care, so potato potatoe
                        sigpic

Comment

The mojito.
                          Hmmm... I love those, I wonder if the shop up the road sells them? wonders if she has time to dash up*

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
                          I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
                          Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

I have a question... Do you guys know the SGA/SG1 crossover eps? From both SGA and SG1? I need to know how well the two teams know each other as I need it for a fic. The fic is placed at the start of s5... Thx!

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                              I have a question... Do you guys know the SGA/SG1 crossover eps? From both SGA and SG1? I need to know how well the two teams know each other as I need it for a fic. The fic is placed at the start of s5... Thx!
                              Yesm..... I know the cross over eps.... you mean season 5 SG1 or season 5 SGA? (I only ask cos I havn't seen season 5 SGA)

WOW.. you lot had a bonza of a time in Post-A-Thon! Am so miffed I missed it... and I'll have to miss next weeks too :: sighs::

Someone back there commented on the newspaper clipping.. and being the cute one.. PFFT! Although since there's enough drinks going around I'll say you may have beer.. or other alcoholic beverage goggles

Hubby and I did a longhaul drive to Canberra and back today to pick up a part for one of the cars he is restoring... 11 hours it took us to get there an back.. I'm stuffed! Muse didn't tickle at all today either.. oh well.

Sparky hugs to all!

Comment

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
                                Yesm..... I know the cross over eps.... you mean season 5 SG1 or season 5 SGA? (I only ask cos I havn't seen season 5 SGA)
                                S5 SGA of course... but it's set in the beginning... actually rewriting the whole beginning, so if you've seen 'Last Man', you're ok
                                S5 SG1 Atlantis didn't exist yet
                                But I just need to see their interactions and, like I said, see how well they got to know each other.

Sig by me

Comment

Working...
                                X