No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is this about thread about sheppard/weir or sheppard mckay? i'm just curious.

Comment

That should be obvious. *points at thread title*

As to why McShep has briefly come into discussion here, read the conversation.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
        Definately. I didn't really like the s1 ones either but that was mostly due to wardrobe and hair.
        I give them a pass on the S1 photos, mainly because 1) it was the first season and they obviously needed to work through some beginner's issues, and 2) ALL of the S1 photos were taken on the sets. Some of the S2 and S3 pics were taken with flat backgrounds (the gray photos) to be used in later Photoshopping; they're certainly much, much better than the cardboard cutouts of S4/S5, but still... I like real photos, taken on real sets. It shows a level of care and attention to detail that no one outside of the cast and the fans seems to possess anymore.

But I absolutely loathe the "fashin model" photoshoots they seemed to do for s5. And s4 shoots didn't seem like Atlantis either.
        *snickers* Fashion model is right! Photoshopping and airbrushing the photos to death is exactly what they do to get those shots looking so damn unnaturally perfect. Of course, the SGA promos looked far from perfect...

Another good!cover under the cut. (What I'm using for my S3 instead of disproportionate manic-ness. I didn't make this one, idlewilde who used to be on GW did.) I still need to do something for S4.

Spoiler:
        Damn, that looks so awesome!

Shep is confused to why they took Elizabeth away. Ronon is cranky because of that love triangle and taking away Elizabeth and Carson.
        Oh, hell yeah! Can I join your little fantasy world?

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
        *dies laughing* You are so right!!
        And those promo photo's from the last season just look so fake... I mean... there's no shadow on the steps and you can see the reflection of the lighting of the ancient symbols that are located BEHIND their feet... that's impossible!!
        Just look at Shep's feet in this picture:
        Spoiler:

It's so fake it makes my photoshop skills look awesome *rolls eyes*
        I mean, come on MGM, or whoever made these photo's... if you're looking for GOOD graphic designers, there's a whole forum of people here who are better at it than the people you're paying now!
        Yup, and that's why what they did in S1-S3 worked so well. Taking the damn photos on the actual set, instead of taking the photos in front of a blank screen and pasting the set into the background later. Doing it right in the first place means it looks real and you don't need to use Photoshop at all.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          I give them a pass on the S1 photos, mainly because 1) it was the first season and they obviously needed to work through some beginner's issues, and 2) ALL of the S1 photos were taken on the sets. Some of the S2 and S3 pics were taken with flat backgrounds (the gray photos) to be used in later Photoshopping; they're certainly much, much better than the cardboard cutouts of S4/S5, but still... I like real photos, taken on real sets. It shows a level of care and attention to detail that no one outside of the cast and the fans seems to possess anymore.
          Yeah, I can see how they were finding the feeling for S1 in those promotional pictures, but I have to laugh at the hair and wardrobe everytime I see them. I love that they took both studio and on-set pictures for the third and second seasons. My favourites are the casual group ones -- I liked those and they were different from the group pics they do now. Oh wait they aren't even in the same room for s5 ensemble pictures.

Comment

Daily Voting Link Last Round Before Tiebreakers
            I'm not going to tell people what to vote for but for Sparky to get into first place with is very much possible I would advise to abstain for #2 or even vote ofr Sheyla , because if Sheyla beats Carson/Laura we're automatically into first place and don't have to do the gruelling tiebreaker round. (We lost to Carson/Laura before.)

Just sayin'.

1. John/Ronon vs Ronon/Jennifer
            2. Carson/Laura vs John/Teyla
            3. Teyla/Ronon vs Rodney/Carson
            4. Teyla/Carson vs Jennifer/Evan
            5. Elizabeth/Steven vs Rodney/Jennifer
            6. Rodney/Laura vs Teyla/Michael
            7. Elizabeth/Carson vs Elizabeth/Daniel
            8. John/Elizabeth vs John/Nancy
            9. Elizabeth/Ronon vs Ronon/Amelia
            10. Elizabeth/Rodney vs Teyla/Evan
            11. Teyla/Kate vs Teyla/Kanaan
            12. Carson/Alison vs Rodney/Katie
            13. Chuck/Amelia vs John/Vala
            14. Ronon/Sam vs John/Rodney
            15. John/Sam vs Evan/Laura
            16. Teyla/Rodney vs Elizabeth/Radek

Comment

Cast my vote already, so I'm already out of preventing a tiebreaker.
              That said, given our turnout so far in previous rounds, I think we can manage a tiebreaker if it comes to that.

Comment

Yeah, I can see how they were finding the feeling for S1 in those promotional pictures, but I have to laugh at the hair and wardrobe everytime I see them.
                Especially the hair! LOL! And there's a slightly washed-out and fuzzy quality to many of the S1 pics that kind of irritates me.

I love that they took both studio and on-set pictures for the third and second seasons. My favourites are the casual group ones -- I liked those and they were different from the group pics they do now. Oh wait they aren't even in the same room for s5 ensemble pictures.
                I love the group shots! One of my faves is an S2 shot that's clearly a candid -- everyone's laughing and looking like they're having a great time.

LMAO at the 'not even in the same room for the S5 group pics.' That's so true, about S5 and S4. And in a sad way, that fact is a very telling commentary on the quality of S4/S5.

Comment

That said, given our turnout so far in previous rounds, I think we can manage a tiebreaker if it comes to that.
                  Hee, that's fine.

I love the group shots! One of my faves is an S2 shot that's clearly a candid -- everyone's laughing and looking like they're having a great time.
                  That's one of my favourites, too. I wish I had it in higher quality though because Ithink it's from a SciFi magazine scan.

Comment

That's one of my favourites, too. I wish I had it in higher quality though because Ithink it's from a SciFi magazine scan.
                    Hopefully our favorite purveyor of hq promo pics will have it in a future release.

Comment

I don't think I've seen that one yet... does anyone have a link? Thx!

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                        I don't think I've seen that one yet... does anyone have a link? Thx!
                        Found it! Stargate SG-1 Solutions has an online version of that SciFi Channel magazine Reiko mentioned earlier; it's from early 2006. The pic is at the start of the SGA section.

Comment

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
                          Hope everything goes well for you... you prolly have so much stuff for the same reason I do. I'm halfway through packing my gear for Victoria and my bags are full already... GAGH! There is no way in hell I have room for a fresh uniform every day... so I have 3 full uniforms...plus 4 drill shirts, one cold climate wool jacket + my normal fire gear + towels/toiletries/underwear and the like... how men can take only a small bag with them I don't know....
                          Thanks! I'm in now!

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
                          I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
                          Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Found it! Stargate SG-1 Solutions has an online version of that SciFi Channel magazine Reiko mentioned earlier; it's from early 2006. The pic is at the start of the SGA section.
                            I love that pic!! It shows how good the atmosphere was in those 'early' days and how comfortable they all were together
                            Not that they're not comfortable together anymore, but the atmosphere changed and then when you go photoshopping group pics together *headdesk*

Honestly... the group pics from s4 look fairly ok (especially compare to s5)
                            Spoiler:

But then for some unknown reason they change it into this fake thing where they seem to be floating...
                            Spoiler:
                            I mean WTF?!? and for what reason? The original photo was just fine and you could have just adjusted the lighting without making it look fake *rolls eyes at stupidity of tptp* (the powers that photoshop)
                            Last edited by KrisRussel; 04 March 2009, 02:19 AM.

Sig by me

Comment

Im kinda Interested in how Joe Flanigan Portrays Sheppard in the movie. i mean will we see the early season 1/2/3 sheppard or the Season 4/5 sheppard we've come to love and enjoy with his performance. im not saying that during season 1 through 3 were bad its just in season 4 and 5 he just did a incredible job.

Comment

Me too. But your strategy is good. If we could get a few more voters, we'd win easily.

Especially the hair! LOL! And there's a slightly washed-out and fuzzy quality to many of the S1 pics that kind of irritates me.

LMAO at the 'not even in the same room for the S5 group pics.' That's so true, about S5 and S4. And in a sad way, that fact is a very telling commentary on the quality of S4/S5.
                                It's a commentary IMHO on the entirety of S4/S5. I don't think the one big happy family cliche applied anymore. But that may just be me.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                                Im kinda Interested in how Joe Flanigan Portrays Sheppard in the movie. i mean will we see the early season 1/2/3 sheppard or the Season 4/5 sheppard we've come to love and enjoy with his performance. im not saying that during season 1 through 3 were bad its just in season 4 and 5 he just did a incredible job.
                                If there ever is a movie, which I sometimes doubt, I'm sure he will portray John as the man he has become because of all the things that happened to him in S1-5. He can't go back or it wouldn't make sense. As for acting, i agree that JF does an incredible job no matter what they ask/tell him to do.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X