Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Elizabeth, I felt, got shoved behind the desk too much, always getting left behind to keep the home fires burning. She got to go out and do something only a handful of times, which was a woeful waste of the background she'd been given at the time of her introduction in SG-1.
    Elizabeth is one of those cases in which screentime amount doesn't tell everything, because in terms with screentime, she's up there just right behind John and Rodney. Yet I don't think she was fully utilized. And if you're not a favourite and you're not fully utilized there are two ways to go: wallpaperization or getting rid of you!

SGA certainly seemed like it was supposed to be John's story. Not that we ever got to learn much about his own story.
    That's what I thought. It was a story about all the characters but largely told from John's perspective. It seemed to be set up like that in the beginning.
    *nods* They definitely did not get their fair share of screentime.

Oh, hell yeah! No offense to David Hewlett or his fans, but geeze! Without seeing the opening credits, you'd think that McKay was supposed to be the big hero, from all the quality screentime he got. It was supposed to be 'Stargate Atlantis,' not 'The Rodney McKay Hour.'
    Falcon cut some credits a while back just so they included DH. But in the last two years it had become the Rodney McKay hour. He was definately the most prolific in the "best seasons evah" and the seasons with big Teyla storyline, etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
      Elizabeth is one of those cases in which screentime amount doesn't tell everything, because in terms with screentime, she's up there just right behind John and Rodney. Yet I don't think she was fully utilized. And if you're not a favourite and you're not fully utilized there are two ways to go: wallpaperization or getting rid of you!
      Yeah, that really was the problem; she was there, and yet... not there. Not doing anything really useful most of the time, and yet there were so many episodes where she clearly should have been used more.

That's what I thought. It was a story about all the characters but largely told from John's perspective. It seemed to be set up like that in the beginning.
      In the beginning, when SGA was still good.

Falcon cut some credits a while back just so they included DH. But in the last two years it had become the Rodney McKay hour. He was definately the most prolific in the "best seasons evah" and the seasons with big Teyla storyline, etc etc
      *snickers*
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Okay, Sparkies, it's time for another fic rec!

Cake or Death? (Part One and Part Two) by Manda. An AU on Adrift and Lifeline where Elizabeth escapes from the Replicators with a little help from John... and Eddie Izzard. Written for the S4/S5 Fix it Challenge.

Happy reading!
        I read it earlier today and I love it

Sig by me

Comment

Yeah, that really was the problem; she was there, and yet... not there. Not doing anything really useful most of the time, and yet there were so many episodes where she clearly should have been used more.
          I thought that at times they (TPTB) made John and Rodney walk over her too much. I absolutely hated it when they decided to act like she wasn't even there and go on with whatever they wanted to. Well, that's the John and Rodney show for you. I like John and Rodney together, but it's only okay in very small doses or it gets out of hand, as compared to say, John and Elizabeth or Rondey and Carson. Too much fun for those writers. Though TPTB-wise I think McKeller is the new McShep.

I have a video rec: Before the Dawn.

No offense to anyone, but I can't tell you how amusing it is to see so many videos on YouTube with descriptions like "Teyla/Elizabeth is dating John and is love and then John goes and cheats on them/really loves/breaks up with them to be with Teyla/Elizabeth." Pffft.

Comment

In the beginning, when SGA was still good.
            Ah yes... nearly everything before Sunday the episode of doom and from where it all went down the drain I presume...

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
              Ah yes... nearly everything before Sunday the episode of doom and from where it all went down the drain I presume...
              Indeed. The golden age of SGA.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

The golden.. and most wonderful age of SGA.. let us bask in its glory and refuse to acknowledge anything after it.

Comment

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
                  The golden.. and most wonderful age of SGA.. let us bask in its glory and refuse to acknowledge anything after it.
                  Hear Hear! I'll raise my glass to that!

Sig by me

Comment

Yeah! I'm all totally for that.

Comment

Okay, Sparkies, it's time for another fic rec!

Cake or Death? (Part One and Part Two) by Manda. An AU on Adrift and Lifeline where Elizabeth escapes from the Replicators with a little help from John... and Eddie Izzard. Written for the S4/S5 Fix it Challenge.

Happy reading!
                      I read that and then watched some Eddie Izzard vids. Hilarious. I can see John and Rodney doing a "cake or death" routine to Ronon's increasing confusion. LOL

I thought that at times they (TPTB) made John and Rodney walk over her too much. I absolutely hated it when they decided to act like she wasn't even there and go on with whatever they wanted to. Well, that's the John and Rodney show for you. I like John and Rodney together, but it's only okay in very small doses or it gets out of hand, as compared to say, John and Elizabeth or Rondey and Carson. Too much fun for those writers. Though TPTB-wise I think McKeller is the new McShep.

No offense to anyone, but I can't tell you how amusing it is to see so many videos on YouTube with descriptions like "Teyla/Elizabeth is dating John and is love and then John goes and cheats on them/really loves/breaks up with them to be with Teyla/Elizabeth." Pffft.
                      Good vid. Now that is good editing and the time and effort put into it must have been enormous.

ITA with the last part. I'm also amused by the Twilight themed ones. LOL I'm glad we just stick to the strictly Sparky ones.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Or, if we don't want to forget S4/S5 completely...

Spoiler:
                        We can say that John and the team got captured on Asuras in Lifeline and the past two years have all been a horrible illusion created by the Replicators to torment him. Then of course, the illusion would end and the team would escape with Elizabeth, only a few hours, couple of days at the most having past since their capture.
                        Now that would have been an interesting finale for season five. Having him realize it was all fake within the last five minutes and then the cliffhanger would be how he was going to break free of the illusion. And then Season 6 would continue, and we would get all that interesting storyline about Elizabeth and how her position in the city would be affected by her being part Replicator. At least until Rodney figured out how to program the nanites to create human cells like he was originally planning in Adrift.

And then everything would be right, and in it's proper place.
                        sigpic
                        Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          ITA with the last part. I'm also amused by the Twilight themed ones. LOL I'm glad we just stick to the strictly Sparky ones.
                          LOL! I thought there was only one but I went and searched and there are tons of them. Comparing John Sheppard to Edward Cullen hurts my soul

*sticks to Sparky*

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                            Or, if we don't want to forget S4/S5 completely...

Spoiler:
                            We can say that John and the team got captured on Asuras in Lifeline and the past two years have all been a horrible illusion created by the Replicators to torment him. Then of course, the illusion would end and the team would escape with Elizabeth, only a few hours, couple of days at the most having past since their capture.
                            Now that would have been an interesting finale for season five. Having him realize it was all fake within the last five minutes and then the cliffhanger would be how he was going to break free of the illusion. And then Season 6 would continue, and we would get all that interesting storyline about Elizabeth and how her position in the city would be affected by her being part Replicator. At least until Rodney figured out how to program the nanites to create human cells like he was originally planning in Adrift.

And then everything would be right, and in it's proper place.
                            Now that I can live with. Sounds like a plot bunny to me. *nudge nudge*

LOL! I thought there was only one but I went and searched and there are tons of them. Comparing John Sheppard to Edward Cullen hurts my soul

*sticks to Sparky*
                            I know. I didn't even watch one but just from reading the info I had to scrub my eyes with Lysol. *it burns me so!* I never read the Twilight books but I've read a few excerpts and know I don't want to. And yes, I am very judgmental. Especially when it comes to Literature and good writing.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Yeah, it was quite sexist of them. Which isn't at all surprising. [sarcasm]No, always got to make the woman look like an idiot.[/sarcasm]

Ooooh, nice! Thanks for the link!

*dies laughing at the video descriptions*

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                                Hear Hear! I'll raise my glass to that!
                                Yeah! I'm all totally for that.
                                Frak yeah! Welcome to the wonderful land of Denial!
                                (and fanfic is always good, too...)

Comment

Working...
                                X