No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick thought. We've all been analyzing the clip for "Conversion" and trying to decide who is in John's room, but I don't think that is John's room - doesn't he have a poster of Johnny Cash over his bed? This scene has the bed by a window.

Or has he moved furniture around since season 1?

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

That room to me looks like the room they had Ronon in when he first came to Atlantis, with the bed and windows where they are. Maybe they're afraid to let Shep into his own quarters during the transformation.
      Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen
        It seems possible. Being a fan of a CSI pairing..... I can take this one as well. But do you think we can be that patient?

mad_gater I love your Borg sig!
        Hmmmm.... I'm fan of the other CSI-LV-Pairing (Gil/Cath).... so....

I realised, that we haven't yet seen Elizabeth's room! Thats weird...we've seen Rodneys, teylas and Johns... (Ronon's new, so he didn't count thaaaaat much ) John in Liz's room, that would be cool

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka
          Hmmmm.... I'm fan of the other CSI-LV-Pairing (Gil/Cath).... so....
          Good to know Dorka

Who else has been inside John's quarters except Elizabeth?

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
            Just a quick thought. We've all been analyzing the clip for "Conversion" and trying to decide who is in John's room, but I don't think that is John's room - doesn't he have a poster of Johnny Cash over his bed? This scene has the bed by a window.

Or has he moved furniture around since season 1?
            I think he's changed his room again... I was watching the clip again and I think I saw something that looked like a football in the backgroun...I was watching "Trinty" again and noticed that the room in that scene was different too. It looked a lot more bigger and spacier.

Trinity:

In comparison to...

The Gift:

Hide and Seek:
            ~Athena

Comment

Who knows, maybe his bedroom got blown up in the siege. As it is, we've already seen two different bedrooms for John. There was this one in Hide and Seek:

And this one in The Gift:

These are obviously not the same room, especially since the entrance is to the right of the frame in both. More than likely, they didn't intend to do actual scenes in the bedrooms, but when they got around to the bedroom scene in Home, they decided that the space they were using was too small.

As for the Johnny Cash poster, I don't know. I just assumed it's John's room because I can't imagine them walking into a random room and John just taking a seat on the bed. But who knows, it could be Elizabeth's.

EDIT: And of course Athena beats me to it.
              Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
              Last update: 14 April 2006
              Melyanna's Multimedia
              Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen
                Good to know Dorka

Who else has been inside John's quarters except Elizabeth?
                I can't think of anyone. I like it that they show her in there...it brings an intimacy to their relationship that others haven't experienced with either. I think the same about those balcony scenes. Aren't we due one of those?

You know...is it too much to hope that this ep yields a 'touch' of some kind. Just a handsqueeze from Elizabeth would be a nice touch...I dare not look for another 'moment' like in S3 quite yet but just her sitting by his bed watching him as he sleeps or just squeezing his hand in companionship as he is worried would be huge.

-B
                Last edited by Bama; 31 August 2005, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Hehe...well of course none of us mind looking at John in his room several times in a row.

Hm...maybe he's just trying to move his room closer to Elizabeth.

What? I think my shippy mind is working on overtime this week.
                  ~Athena

Comment

I thought the Johnny-Cash-poster-bedroom was Teylas' dream/nightmare sequence in the Gift?

Also another thought (wee, two in one day!), Sheppard might not be in his own bedroom, but in that security type room the Ronon was in when he first got to Atlantis & Shep visited him there.

Comment

I think Rubicon is right. The room had windows behind the bed like in the room Ronon was in.
                      Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Originally posted by wizengamot
                        I think Rubicon is right. The room had windows behind the bed like in the room Ronon was in.
                        I agree. . if he has been acting "off", he may be under guard.

Comment

At the beginning of The Gift, we got shots of people around the base, mostly not being able to sleep. Sheppard's room was shown in that before we got into Teyla's dream — that's where the above shot came from.

It's not the room Ronon was being kept in, though. That room had shutters rather than curtains, and didn't have the same style of furniture.
                          Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                          Last update: 14 April 2006
                          Melyanna's Multimedia
                          Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                            At the beginning of The Gift, we got shots of people around the base, mostly not being able to sleep. Sheppard's room was shown in that before we got into Teyla's dream — that's where the above shot came from.

It's not the room Ronon was being kept in, though. That room had shutters rather than curtains, and didn't have the same style of furniture.
                            I think he's in an empty ajoining room to Elizabeth...you know...connecting doors and all so she can keep an eye on him while he's experiencing some problems.

*yep...yep...yep...satisfied smile***

-B ; )

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
                              I think he's in an empty ajoining room to Elizabeth...you know...connecting doors and all so she can keep an eye on him while he's experiencing some problems.

*yep...yep...yep...satisfied smile***

-B ; )
                              I'm sure they share closet space.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                                I'm sure they share closet space.
                                "Attention all Atlantis personel...this is Weir. Until further notice, no one is to use any closets on the base other than their own personal one. Anyone caught breaking this rule will be disciplined...by me...Personally."

-B ; )

Comment

Working...
                                X