X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    Spoiler:
    [ATTACH]7927[/ATTACH]
    That brown outfit didn't put him off, so let's see what happens if I wear this sack?

Spoiler:
    [ATTACH]7928[/ATTACH]
    Trust me, he's nothing if not persistant. You may as well just give in now and get it over with. He was even giving me the eye before. I'm 10,000 years old, for crying out loud.

Spoiler:
    [ATTACH]7929[/ATTACH]
    Lets see, we've done it in that room, that one, there too.........

Spoiler:
    [ATTACH]7930[/ATTACH]
    I'm not sure why you are so keen on this retrovirus Carson
    Because it will wipe Michael's memory. Did you read (connor trineer's) his last interview? He said he was in love with Teyla!

Spoiler:
    [ATTACH]7931[/ATTACH]
    :caldwell: The good thing about these flight suits is that they come off really easily. If you'd like a demonstration, be in my quarters at 2200hrs.

Spoiler:
    [ATTACH]7932[/ATTACH]
    She's so beautiful
    I'm sure they weren't listening. All that crucial information, and they were just making doe eyes at each other the whole time
    Those two are SO doing it
    I wonder if I should interrupt them. Somebody has to be concerned about the PG
    *dies laughing at the last one... several times*
    *feels her breakfast coming up because of the fifth one*

Sig by me

Comment

All of these are snurched from Eri's screencaps and ep recap of awesome

Major Lorne attempts the lick lip, but ultimately proves too slow

John attempts to undo Lizzie's bra via telekinesis

I don't need to read minds to know what you're thinking, and now is not the time

Even after repeated failures at telekinesis, John perseveres

Lizzie has already mastered this skill, and catches John off guard by removing his pants as he exits her office

Um Rodney, you healed him 10 minutes ago. Please stop rubbing his chest. It's disturbing

Aw come on, it's been so long since I've seen 'the girls'. Surely you must have some time to spare

Ronon double checks for Rodney-cooties

And this one is just for SR's birthday

Spoiler:

Here's that contract you wanted SR to sign before you loan John to her
      Rodney, it's 500 pages long, are you sure it needs to be that detailed
      It depends on whether or not you want him back in one piece
      Last edited by gateraid; 27 February 2009, 04:07 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Holy batmother those are hilarious Gateraid - you rock!!

Comment

[ATTACH]7933[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7934[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7935[/ATTACH]
          I don't need to read minds to know what you're thinking, and now is not the time

[ATTACH]7936[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7937[/ATTACH]
          Lizzie has already mastered this skill, and catches John off guard by removing his pants as he exits her office

[ATTACH]7938[/ATTACH]
          Um Rodney, you healed him 10 minutes ago. Please stop rubbing his chest. It's disturbing

[ATTACH]7939[/ATTACH]
          Aw come on, it's been so long since I've seen 'the girls'. Surely you must have some time to spare

[ATTACH]7940[/ATTACH]

Spoiler:
          [ATTACH]7941[/ATTACH]
          *dies laughing all over again*
          the telekinesis ones really are the best

Sig by me

Comment

Guys, someone cheer me up?
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Okay, I'm gonna quite whining and make myself useful, here's a fic rec: Family in the machine by wanderingsmith. It's a lovely rewrite of Ghost in the Machine, with Shep whump and lots of sparky love. Go for it *g*

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                Another amazing ep recap, Eri! (tell me when you guys are ready for something similar on "Vegas"I know it's out of schedule... but I think we would have great time comparing and analyzing stuff!)

Aaaah, ToR. One of my personal favorites. *points* That's how you do a character episode - by making an episode about one person you don't forget about, degrade, exclude or wallpaper other people. Meaning, the whole expedition is there, present in Rodney's life. They mean something to him, he has relationships of various kinds with all of them, they're friends, they get mad at each other, annoyed and so on. I think we learned something about Rodney here, but not through his usual sharp & snark, but through other people.

My single most favorite scene is that first hug between him and Ronon, it just makes me melt - because Rodney, despite his oh so obvious arrogance and preoccupation with things, theories and machines rather than people, thought about those scars Ronon has on his back, and probably wondered if the big guy was or still is traumatized by them. Similar thing goes for that book he wrote about Elizabeth. Rodney can't do things small, and I love that about him. It's like "hey, hey, listen, I have something to say". And then, with John we get that simple and still very touching "We're okay?" line. (it could be because guys tend not to be touchy - feely).

The story is good, the writing is smart, dialogues are very good, character moments are among the best in whole five seasons. Acting is brilliant.

And, we get some great sparky stuff of everyday kind. Nothing spectacular or explosive, but I love how that bond between Elizabeth and John is palpable and present. They work together like well oiled machine, as SR would put it, and at this point they predict what other is going to say, ask or do. The lunch scene is made of all kinds of win, because it feels like something they're doing every day. Very married vibe. (gave me a plot bunny too).

All in all, I love that episode. One of the family episodes, and there aren't many. *sigh* I miss my SGA.
                Now you're just reading my mind. TOR to me was what The Shrine tried to be. The Shrine was good but I liked Rodney much better in TOR and somehow the family feeling was just stronger. In The Shrine they seemed to be trying too hard at times. It's hard to explain. Must have been the lack of Lizzie.

Originally posted by M-CharmedAlantian View Post
                HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOUTHERN RED!!! Sorry about missing out on the post-a-thon, my computer was glitching really badly so I had to scan and D-frag my computer all day yesterday But its working fine now and eveything is back in working order Oh another bad news, I can't participate in the post-a-thon next Saturday, I'm going to be very busy so I don't have time, BUT I hope I'll be free for TLG & The Coup episodes but only time will tell
                Thanks. And I'm jealous because I defragged my computer and it didn't do any good.

I'm assuming he wants her to focus on something that is at desk level and has a pendulum motion at times. And no, I'm not talking about her father's watch

The fact that you ladies drool over a guy that doesn't shave and clearly doesn't iron his shirts is an inspiration. Of course, I don't look much like him, so that's somewhat less inspiring

That I can second
                Don't forget the wrinkled and possibly dirty pants.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                [ATTACH]7941[/ATTACH]
                Those were just your best yet. And as for the contract. Where do I sign? How long before I have to give him back? You should have been here back in the day when we had a thing going where the guys were male nurses and we signed up for house calls. I always got in trouble for returning mine in less than rested condition or sometimes not at all. Ah, good times.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Yep, I agree. The Shrine felt really forced in some moments. The only moments that really did work were John and Rodney ones. They showed too much Keller on us - like they were trying to tell us that she's a real crew member now.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                    Yep, I agree. The Shrine felt really forced in some moments. The only moments that really did work were John and Rodney ones. They showed too much Keller on us - like they were trying to tell us that she's a real crew member now.
                    Maybe that was it. Though I did like the John/Keller parts. You know, I really think they have great chemistry. Not in a romantic way, but he just seems so kind and sweet with her at times and I'll never forget her treatment of him in Adrift. It's a shame DH and JS don't have more of that. That whole McKeller thing is just a crying shame. And yet Sparky didn't seem feasible to them.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      Maybe that was it. Though I did like the John/Keller parts. You know, I really think they have great chemistry. Not in a romantic way, but he just seems so kind and sweet with her at times and I'll never forget her treatment of him in Adrift. It's a shame DH and JS don't have more of that. That whole McKeller thing is just a crying shame. And yet Sparky didn't seem feasible to them.
                      Yep, John/Keller parts were good. I keep thinking he was behaving like Elizabeth would, and that's something she taught him, that's her legacy. Sparky lives on, hehe!

Yes! How on earth can anyone think MCkeller worked better than Sparky, in regadrs to chemistry? Nonononononono!

Comment

Spoiler:
                        gateraid for the WIN! This was a GREAT way to start my workday, laughing outloud! Thank you, Caption King!
                        sigpic
                        Signature by Erin87

Comment

Yes, he indeed is the CAPTION KING!

Comment

Wow! I'm in total convulsions over the caps, gateraid! Thank you, people at my work are currently staring at me, but it's a great way to start a Tuesday. Love the telekinesis ones, but I think the one with Elizabeth staring out of the window at night really tickled me.

Nuna, feel better. *hugs*

I'll be back with discussion questions.
                            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Questions for Tao of Rodney

1) Why do you think TOR so successfully captured the ensemble feel many fans of Atlantis enjoy? What was it about the story that made it different from some of other 'ensemble' episodes?

2) Describe Rodney's relationship with the following five in your terms:

a) Ronon
                              b) Teyla
                              c) Zelenka
                              d) John
                              e) Elizabeth

3) What purpose did Zelenka's serious injury serve in furthering the story?

4) Rodney's initial reaction to his impending 'death' is to make as many improvements to Atlantis, the Daedalus and other things he can. Why do you think he did this?

5) Why do you think Elizabeth became the voice of Reason for Rodney's personal struggles? Why not John, Carson, or even Teyla?

6) John seems rather nonchalant at times about Rodney's impending demise, still needling him even when it's imperative Rodney learn to ascend. Do you think this is just John Sheppard's nature? Those of you who've watched S4/S5--Do you think John would have taken the same attitude after the events of Lifeline?

7) Did you ever feel real fear that we'd lose Rodney at the end of the story? How did you think it would end?

8) For a writer to effectively convey that a character has gone through an evolution, the viewer needs to feel different about the character even when he seems 'normal'. How did you feel about Rodney in the final scene of TOR? Was he changed in your mind or not?

9) Why do you think the writer included the funny conversation about John's desire to try out the machine, even after everything that happened to Rodney?

10) "Tao" is not an easy concept to explain, but in a nutshell, it is 'being in tune with nature and the universe'--essentially finding the path in life that allows one to harmoniously co-exist with the principles that govern the universe. What is the 'Tao' of Rodney? What do you think he had to do to reach that point where he was in harmony with the life around him?

--Sparky sparky bonus!--

a) What sequence in TOR was 'most sparky' in your mind?

b) Do you think Damian Kindler has an appreciation for the Sparky relationship, or does he just find John & Elizabeth easy companions to bring about a few laughs?

c) Let's have some fun for a moment--John has no problem edging up to Elizabeth throughout this episode--standing beside her, hovering over her, etc. Sticking with canon (sorry, I'm mean ), why do you think this is?

d) What does the lunch scene mean to you in the grand scheme of things? (be as abstract, succinct, fanon or canon as you want).

Comment

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have reached...

2000 posts!

Yay! Avatars! *runs around screaming*

Comment

Working...
                                X