Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
    When's the next postathon? I own s3 &4 now so I might be able to join in on some!!!
    Next Saturday, February 14, at 2pm Pacific Time. We're still in Season 2 right now; we'll be watching "Epiphany" and "Critical Mass."
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Daily Voting Link

1. John/Ronon vs Teyla/Kate
      2. Carson/Laura vs Carson/Alison
      3. Teyla/Ronon vs Elizabeth/Ronon
      4. Teyla/Carson vs Elizabeth/Rodney
      5. Elizabeth/Steven vs John/Sam
      6. Rodney/Laura vs Teyla/Rodney
      7. Elizabeth/Carson vs Chuck/Amelia
      8. John/Elizabeth vs Ronon/Sam
      9. Elizabeth/Radek vs Teyla/Michael
      10. Evan/Laura vs Rodney/Jennifer
      11. John/Rodney vs John/Nancy
      12. John/Vala vs Elizabeth/Daniel
      13. Rodney/Katie vs John/Teyla
      14. Teyla/Kanaan vs Ronon/Jennifer
      15. Teyla/Evan vs Jennifer/Evan
      16. Ronon/Amelia vs Rodney/Carson

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Next Saturday, February 14, at 2pm Pacific Time. We're still in Season 2 right now; we'll be watching "Epiphany" and "Critical Mass."
        Ooh, it's Valentine's Day. Can't tell you how well that fits with the overall tone of Epiphany.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
          Ooh, it's Valentine's Day. Can't tell you how well that fits with the overall tone of Epiphany.
          It's the one time where Sheppard's supposed 'Kirking' actually doesn't make us all gnash our teeth?
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            It's the one time where Sheppard's supposed 'Kirking' actually doesn't make us all gnash our teeth?
            I personally found it more palatable, yes.

But then in CM we get John sitting on Elizabeth's desk, so I suppose it's great.

Also, something funny: The Ship Yard. Sparky seems to have several 'ships'.

Comment

But then in CM we get John sitting on Elizabeth's desk, so I suppose it's great.
              Exactly. It all evens out in the end. So, yay for Sparky!

ROTFLMAO! Oh, that is GOOD! I'm gonna have to save that for future reference!

Comment

Oh, in Epiphany we didn't saw "Kirking". I think John was lonely and feeling so bad, he simply needed someone. Not that it helped him much, just remeber how he reacted when he saw Elizabeth. Teer who?

Eheheh, the ship yard is priceless! Should we sink something? Hehe.
                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Thank you for this. There was much lols. I spent way to much time looking at it.

I liked this.

Ship to Ship Combat

Stargate Atlantis tends to split between John/Elizabeth and John/Teyla, with most of the brutal fighting occuring in season two.

Cause it's so true. They totally happened during season two.

This made me lol.

Fan Preferred Couple

Stargate Atlantis. Despite the writer's early plans for John/Teyla, stronger chemistry and dynamic between other characters and an unclear shipping agenda made John/Elizabeth and John/Rodney two of the most popular 'ships in fandom.

Sparky was also in Ship Tease, the description alone of it made me lol.
                  sigpic
                  My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

I'm watching Rising at the moment.. awww Elizabeth is so young!!!! And she goes head to head with Jack a few times.. teehee! You go girl!

Comment

From the episode of doom:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                      :mike: So you're incapable of having lunch?
                      :elizabeth: Look, take the hint and f*** off

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                      :mike: So you don't think men and women can be friends? What about you and Colonel Sheppard?
                      :elizabeth: Yeah, about that....

Spoiler:
                      I have not altered these in any way. The text is lifted directly from GW's own transcripts.

Spoiler:

BECKETT: Teyla.

(Teyla looks up at him weakly and lifts her hand towards him.)

TEYLA: Carson.

BECKETT (taking her hand): I’m here. You’ve been in an explosion, Teyla, and a piece of debris has impacted your side. We’re headed to the Infirmary to take it out and patch you up. Easy-peasy -- I can do this one in my sleep.

[from 3x17 Sunday]

Spoiler:

KELLER: Well, that's right. You just have to lay still and let me play with your insides.

(She grins at him. John stares back at her straight-faced. Jennifer's smile fades.)

KELLER: Sorry. Um, let's go.

[from 5x01 Search & Rescue]

In honour of Epiphany, i tried to find the discussion we had re that photo of the team (Weir ignoring everyone else to check on John, Teyla ironically sandwiched between them...) but I gave up after about 20mins. So much for my commitment
                      Last edited by gateraid; 14 February 2009, 01:47 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                        From the episode of doom:

Spoiler:
                        [ATTACH]7815[/ATTACH]
                        Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                        [ATTACH]7816[/ATTACH]
                        Spoiler:
                        :mike: So you don't think men and women can be friends? What about you and Colonel Sheppard?

Spoiler:
                        I have not altered these in any way. The text is lifted directly from GW's own transcripts.

Spoiler:
                        [ATTACH]7817[/ATTACH]
                        BECKETT: Teyla.

(Teyla looks up at him weakly and lifts her hand towards him.)

TEYLA: Carson.

BECKETT (taking her hand): I’m here. You’ve been in an explosion, Teyla, and a piece of debris has impacted your side. We’re headed to the Infirmary to take it out and patch you up. Easy-peasy -- I can do this one in my sleep.

[from 3x17 Sunday]

Spoiler:
                        [ATTACH]7818[/ATTACH]

KELLER: Well, that's right. You just have to lay still and let me play with your insides.

(She grins at him. John stares back at her straight-faced. Jennifer's smile fades.)

KELLER: Sorry. Um, let's go.

[from 5x01 Search & Rescue]

In honour of Epiphany, i tried to find the discussion we had re that photo of the team (Weir ignoring everyone else to check on John, Teyla ironically sandwiched between them...) but I gave up after about 20mins. So much for my commitment
                        ROFL.... oh dear I nearly dribbled Baileys all over my keyboard.... They are hysterical!

Comment

Sjeez guys, I can't get online for a day and I need an hour and half to catch up on all the posts... but it was so much fun
                          And I'm sure the post a thon had something to do with the sheer amount of pages too Which btw totally makes me want to rewatch The Lost Boys and The Hive. Lizzie so looks likes she's holding back from pulling John into a hug at the end of those!

Anway, thank you gateraid, M-CharmedAlantian and Irish Eyes for the b-day wishes and sorry if I forgot to thank anyone else over the course of three days

Flowerbud, I just have to say:
                          Spoiler:
                          Kate is so gonna end up with Jack and not Saywer!

Now I'm going to try and get some homework finished...

Sig by me

Comment

That was great. And I too wasted entirely too much time on it. But love all the pro-Sparky stuff. Was there anything about delusional ships? We should write our own just for SGA. But I'm sure the mods would have to smack a few hands. *looks innocent*
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                              Oh, in Epiphany we didn't saw "Kirking". I think John was lonely and feeling so bad, he simply needed someone. Not that it helped him much, just remeber how he reacted when he saw Elizabeth. Teer who?

Eheheh, the ship yard is priceless! Should we sink something? Hehe.
                              Hah! Teer, who, indeed? But seriously, she was really a nice woman and all... she's just not right for John.

Sink something? Hmm, let's see, the armory has some lovely Word of God-enabled Air to Sea Missiles and Torpedoes, and the freezer is well stocked with Icebergs. I'd say we're good to go.

Comment

from the episode of doom:

Spoiler:
                                [ATTACH]7815[/ATTACH]
                                Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                                [ATTACH]7816[/ATTACH]
                                Spoiler:
                                :mike: So you don't think men and women can be friends? What about you and colonel sheppard?
                                Bwahahaha! And methinks she ought to say something about that beard... it looks good on Sheppard, but on Mike Branton, it just looks like he went 5 rounds with a bush and lost.

Spoiler:
                                i have not altered these in any way. The text is lifted directly from gw's own transcripts.

Spoiler:
                                [ATTACH]7817[/ATTACH]
                                beckett: Teyla.

(teyla looks up at him weakly and lifts her hand towards him.)

teyla: Carson.

Beckett (taking her hand): I’m here. You’ve been in an explosion, teyla, and a piece of debris has impacted your side. We’re headed to the infirmary to take it out and patch you up. Easy-peasy -- i can do this one in my sleep.

[from 3x17 sunday]

Spoiler:
                                [ATTACH]7818[/ATTACH]

keller: Well, that's right. You just have to lay still and let me play with your insides.

(she grins at him. John stares back at her straight-faced. Jennifer's smile fades.)

keller: Sorry. Um, let's go.

[from 5x01 search & rescue]
                                *dies laughing*

in honour of epiphany, i tried to find the discussion we had re that photo of the team (weir ignoring everyone else to check on john, teyla ironically sandwiched between them...) but i gave up after about 20mins. So much for my commitment
                                I'm sure someone's got that pic stashed somewhere...

Comment

Working...
                                X