No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha! I noticed the Weir/Shep ship the moment I saw them in Rising. Even before the characters were introduced to each other I saw Weir then I saw Shep and went "Hmm...those two really fit together. There's gonna be some serious ship betwen the two." And I was hooked At first I really didn't like Teyla (and that cliched scene where he puts the necklace on her
    May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
      Oh. . I forgot about that! *smacking self* I liked "Sticky".
      I'm glad you liked it! I'm trying my best to finish it. I think I'm starting to see the end of it...
      ~Athena

Comment

So is Jor or shipper dragon?

As for "The Gift", despite it being a Teyla episode I found it relatively shippy.
        Spoiler:
        Through out the episode there was a lot of scenes where Shep and Weir were in the same shot standing close to each other. And there were a lot of eye contact between the two.

And on a side note, in the beginnig o the episode, John was sparring with Teyla again and there was moment when he threw her. He her threw her hard. That throw conviced me that Teyla was like "one of the guys" to him. Cause I don't think he'd he would throw a girl he liked like he did to Teyla.

I promised Astro I'd post some pics i thought conveyed the shippiness of Shep and Weir. The one's in linked i think might be spoiler.

~Athena

Comment

A couple of caps from "The Gift." These are by no means comprehensive — I've only watched the episode once, and I grabbed these as I was watching. I'll have a write-up on the episode in a few days, because the episode was really quite good in terms of Sheppard/Weir interaction. I think it's leading to some interesting things.

Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
          Last update: 14 April 2006
          Melyanna's Multimedia
          Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
            I'm all confused and... and... lost... and... jeez. My anti-shipper status is in serious trouble.
            It's okay. It's like Sheppard/Weir is the anti-ship ship.

Besides, I'm usually anti-ship. I pick a ship when it's clear that the show is going to develop romances, 'cause it doesn't usually matter to me until the show starts dealing with it. Which makes no sense, but I've learned to live with that.

Meanwhile, I'm just going to say this about "The Gift."
            Spoiler:
            I'll be writing up more later, but the line between Sheppard and Weir v. John and Elizabeth is getting blurrier by the episode. It'll be interesting to see how this new colonel in Season 2 mixes things up.
            Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by Liv

I'm all confused and... and... lost... and... jeez. My anti-shipper status is in serious trouble.
              Aww!!! One thing I love about this is that we get to play with you and MF!!!

Comment

Hey all,

beware, newbie stomping into thread, wreaking havoc amongst the brave-- ah, um, wrong speech. It is with pleasure that I introduce myself here, adding something to your little screen-cap collection.

After rewatching 'Rising' a couple of days ago, I found another indication for W/S when no-one was even thinking of it. About 18 minutes into the episode, when Weir enters and shouts: "May I have everyone's attention please."
                Awwww, that smile..

Enjoy!
                Life is short. Eat dessert first.

Comment

Originally posted by animoid
                  Hey all,

beware, newbie stomping into thread, wreaking havoc amongst the brave-- ah, um, wrong speech. It is with pleasure that I introduce myself here, adding something to your little screen-cap collection.

After rewatching 'Rising' a couple of days ago, I found another indication for W/S when no-one was even thinking of it. About 18 minutes into the episode, when Weir enters and shouts: "May I have everyone's attention please."
                  Awwww, that smile..

Enjoy!
                  Welcome!

Yes I saw that too... after I'd switched onto W/S I saw that and I wondered if that smile was about Weir being in charge and Sumner not.. or ... he's thinking there's that cutie... or I'm so doing her.

Comment

Hey guys ..I saw "sanctuary" last night ...You were not a bit annoyed by that episode ??!!!

I like to see John and Liz together ..but we don't seem to see them much together at all in the episodes !!!!. we see more Sheppard with other chicks or Teyla !!!!

I think I will stay away from putting my ship with weir /Sheppard in that new show because Tptb is not to be trusted and I had bad vibes last night watching "Sanctuary" They are still playing with the ship and teasing big time to upset any shippers they can see at the horizon .

I may make a video one day when I have enough good clips but so far the shippy clips , I can count them on my fingers .

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                      Hey guys ..I saw "sanctuary" last night ...You were not a bit annoyed by that episode ??!!!

I like to see John and Liz together ..but we don't seem to see them much together at all in the episodes !!!!. we see more Sheppard with other chicks or Teyla !!!!

I think I will stay away from putting my ship with weir /Sheppard in that new show because Tptb is not to be trusted and I had bad vibes last night watching "Sanctuary" They are still playing with the ship and teasing big time to upset any shippers they can see at the horizon .

I may make a video one day when I have enough good clips but so far the shippy clips , I can count them on my fingers .

Caty

Watch next week caty before making up your mind..

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                        Watch next week caty before making up your mind..

Ok I will astronomicalchick ..I know the next week episode is about
                        Spoiler:
                        Weir or her from the past being in suspended animation ..I read the sypnosis on Sky one ...but I was disappointed ship wise in Sanctuary ..The story was good though ..I mean if that girl would have been mortal ..sheppard was settled Either he would have stayed with her on the planet with her or asked her to stay at the lost city .Ship is really hard to handle sometimes with Stargate TPTB .
                        but I will keep watching until the end of the 1 st season .

Caty

Comment

I forgive Sanctuary just for Rodney's line
                          Spoiler:
                          "Oh my God, he is Kirk!"

I'm so easy...

Comment

"Sanctuary" was pretty bad, but Chaya was definitely the girlfriend of the week. There wasn't even a promise to go back to her like Jack did with Laira in "A Hundred Days."
                            Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by animoid
                              Hey all,

Enjoy!
                              Thanks for the "series" of pics. Had not thought about that look pertaining to Weir. Duh!

Welcome to the thread!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                                Thanks for the "series" of pics. Had not thought about that look pertaining to Weir. Duh!

Welcome to the thread!
                                Well thanks! I quite like it here, esp. the conversion of others to W/S.

As for the look, Shep had a serious moment of chest thumping with Sumner just before she rushed in, so maybe he just realized that Weir (as in: the *real* expedition leader) would be much more pleasant to argue with.
                                Like he thought, let's say: "I know I will report to her and not to Col. Cranky here."

Am I making any sense?
                                Life is short. Eat dessert first.

Comment

Working...
                                X