Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cc_mac View Post
    Hello *waves tentatively*

I've been a long-time lurker of this thread and this pic has finally brought me out...oh my...
    As a huge Shep thunker, I couldn't stay silent.

Although I've followed both over the seasons, I was more a Sheyla fan than a Sparky fan. This past season has seriously disappointed me on the Sheyla front and I've begun reading more and more Sparky fanfic to get my fix.
    I love to read fanfic of both pairings and I've found many great recs for Sparky stories in this thread and I just wanted to say Thank You. *patiently waiting for irony_rocks to update The Patriot Act*....well, OK, not so patiently.

I've seen a few familiar faces here, from time to time. I'm glad to see you posting again, marimba. I remember you from the old Sam & Jack thread that I lurked on way back in the day.

Anyway, back to lurking. Just had to come out and say Hi and Merry Christmas to all of you.
    Hi, *waves back*. If I had known that pic would bring you out, I would have tried to find one earlier. But wait, it didn't exist earlier. Anyway, glad you're here.

And on the ship front. No matter who else you support, if you like Sparky we like you. I know I'm known as a militant Sparky shipper but I have repeatedly said I see Sheyla too. I just don't think it was a good idea. LOL And I think the J/T shippers were treated a lot worse in the end than we were.

So, I'm off to begin Christmas with my men. My son came over earlier and we talked about SGA while I made cookies. LOL Would you believe we see eye to eye on all of it even though we haven't really talked about the show for ages? What a good son.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26 View Post
      Possibly
      Spoiler:
      because John isn't wearing pants?

Don't look behind this tag, ncc, it will only scar you more...
      Originally posted by Reiko View Post
      *giggle* Look at that priceless expression on John's face.
      Spoiler:
      He's definately not wearing any pants.
      Hah! So Rodney's all freaked out
      Spoiler:
      because he caught them in flagrante delicto. Looks like John and Elizabeth need to find a new secret closet!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        That's kinda what I'm hoping! Or perhaps because Trent Cort is involved, it goes back to the La Grenouille stuff? Jordan was the ME on that case, too. In any case, it has LOTS of interesting possibilities and potential Torri time! XD
        I'm figuring on both possibilities.

Which is why ALL in production would be happy--
        Spoiler:
        cuz some people would be happy to kill him off and I don't think he'd mind dying. XD
        Heheheh...

CAN I JUST EDIT TO SAY THAT I LOVE COMING IN AFTER 12 HOURS AND HAVING TO GO THROUGH 4 PAGES OF POSTS ON A WORKDAY? THIS IS AWESOME!!!
        Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        It has been awesome lately. Not bad for a ship that hasn't been on screen for over a season in its original form.
        Word! So much for declaring Sparky a "dead" ship! We've got more lives than a cat!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          We appreciate the "I agree" posts, don't worry! And everyone who is open to honest and kind discussion, or simply likes to squee over sparky & SGA is welcome here, regardless of their ship preference. The only thing we don't like and accept is fellow poster bashing, or actor/character bashing.

I know quite a few multi shippers and I accept that. I may seem as a fierce sparky defender, but I'm nice and tame as a kitten as long as people are respectful and don't wave "my opinion is the only valid opinion" flag. So, I think we're okay with multi shipping here, and you'll find that most of us, if not all, love Teyla too (and wish she was given a better development and treatment in the show). Feel free to post!
          I'm glad to read that. I'm a frequent poster on the Sheyla thread and would really like to be here too. I love reading everyone's different takes on the eps. I can usually see both sides quite easily.
          I really don't like conflict and want everyone to get along usually. So, you won't find any bashing from me, characters, opinions, fellow posters or whatever.

I know a few multi-shippers myself. I don't know if all of them have went public with it, but they are definitely out there.

Hi, *waves back*. If I had known that pic would bring you out, I would have tried to find one earlier. But wait, it didn't exist earlier. Anyway, glad you're here.

And on the ship front. No matter who else you support, if you like Sparky we like you. I know I'm known as a militant Sparky shipper but I have repeatedly said I see Sheyla too. I just don't think it was a good idea. LOL And I think the J/T shippers were treated a lot worse in the end than we were.

So, I'm off to begin Christmas with my men. My son came over earlier and we talked about SGA while I made cookies. LOL Would you believe we see eye to eye on all of it even though we haven't really talked about the show for ages? What a good son.
          And that is some pic...

Oh I know several people who like one or the other or both ships like me. I welcome everyone's opinion. And yes, I know we're not supposed to be negative around GW anymore, but TPTB have almost ruined the Sheyla for me. Like I said, I've decided to retreat to fanfic where the wonderful authors can create the Sheyla and Sparky that we love.

I'm off too.....that didn't sound right....I'm new, better not give you the impression I'm looney or anything....
          Let's try this again...I'm going to sign off as I have guests coming over for Christmas Eve dinner and I'm sure they would like something to eat...so...

Thanks for the welcome everyone and have a wonderful Christmas!
          sigpic

Comment

I've been a long-time lurker of this thread and this pic has finally brought me out...oh my...

Although I've followed both over the seasons, I was more a Sheyla fan than a Sparky fan. This past season has seriously disappointed me on the Sheyla front and I've begun reading more and more Sparky fanfic to get my fix.
            I love to read fanfic of both pairings and I've found many great recs for Sparky stories in this thread and I just wanted to say Thank You. *patiently waiting for irony_rocks to update The Patriot Act*....well, OK, not so patiently.

I've seen a few familiar faces here, from time to time. I'm glad to see you posting again, marimba. I remember you from the old Sam & Jack thread that I lurked on way back in the day.

Anyway, back to lurking. Just had to come out and say Hi and Merry Christmas to all of you.
            Hiya! *waves*

As others have said, as long as you like Sparky and you're here to share in the fun, you're very much welcome here, and we're glad to have you aboard! I'm also a Sam/Jack shipper, so I totally get your disappointment with J/T and Sam/Jack (darnit, just shove those two in a closet, already!).

Re: "The Patriot Act," as of the last I heard, irony_rocks was thinking of doing the sequel for next year's SGA Big Bang. So it'll be a few months yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              I may not come by anymore but I still think of you so:

*runs up and hugs FH*

Merry Christmas! We miss you!

And even though it's still nearly 10 hours away, and I'll probably still be here on and off throughout today, I want to say Merry Christmas to everyone here on the Sparky thread! I hope everyone has a great holiday!

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                <snip snip>Hey! We can take our
                Spoiler:
                celebrity boy friends and go out for some beer & footbal? yeah I know, wishful thinking. *bad* JT.
                You guys can do that if I can get Katie Holmes. What? I have a weakness for girls with dark hair

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                *sneaks in*

Merry Christmas
                and Happy New Year Everyone!!!!

*sneaks out*
                Thanks To you too sci

From Vegas to you Sparkies. No real spoilers but get ready to squee!
                Spoiler:
                http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/southernred/sga519_vegas-jc04.jpg
                *shudders*

If Lizzie were still dressing him, that wouldn't happen....

Originally posted by Ncc-72452 View Post
                *reads through almost 20 pages of new posts*

Well...

You are certainly an active group...

First off all, thank you all for the warm welcome. I don't think I've been welcomed quite like that anywhere else on the entire Forum. You guys like pictures don't you? Pictures with - ah - interesting captions. Captions that I wouldn't necessarily have *ever* thought of in association with those scenes. Scenes that I thought were quite innocent when I saw them on TV... That now seem like they'd be more appropriate on a channel with a much higher number and a parental code...

*sees picture of Joe Flanigan bent over and angled on rear*

Ohhh... Oh God... *squeezes eyes shut and vigorously scrubs them*
                Boil some hot water! Get some disinfectant! Get some iodine!

I may NEVER look under a spoiler tag again!

*stumbles towards thread exit with hands clawing at eyes*

*doubts he'll make it out now that he's blind*
                Welcome back Yes those spoiler tags can be trouble sometimes

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                LOL.

Here you go pretty Lizzie for you.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d5...er/smitten.jpg
                E: Look, I cleared my desk *cough* I mean schedule especially for you

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                Yes, we certainly do have interesting captions, and we're happy to have you on the thread!! We do all sorts of interesting captioning with those pictures, gateraid's are some of my favourites. Those screencaps don't always do the best for those poor actors, do they? Oh, and excuse the occaisional Flanigan rear shot.
                *blushes*

there's some high quality talent on this thread, both with the fun stuff and the more serious stuff

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                I may not come by anymore but I still think of you so:

Merry Christmas to you too Falcon. Hope Santa brings you what you want and deserve

As a straddler myself, I understand where you are coming from. I tend to think of Liz as Shep's one true love, but then she died. Teyla is more like a second wife - not better, not worse, just different and always suffering in the comparison to the first. That's not fair to Teyla though, and she seems to be better served by ending up with Kanaan.

Actually, while I think about it, that post on JM's blog a while ago about the choices for Torren's dad omitted some fairly serious contenders - Ronon, Carson, Michael. Why didn't they consider any of them?? OT

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
                sigpic

Comment

Welcome! Glad to have you!

Thanks! I've been gone awhile but the Vision Thread brought me back and I couldn't resist stopping by here. And now, I'm hooked again lol.

Don't be a stranger!
                  Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                  Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                  Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    *runs up and hugs FH*

Merry Christmas! We miss you!
                    O_O Incoming hug! *ducks*

Who knows, I might just stick around more...

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                    Merry Christmas to you too Falcon. Hope Santa brings you what you want and deserve
                    * a plotbunny for a threesome fic (it just won't go away)
                    * the new Fable - War and Pieces
                    * Doctor Who christmas special
                    * a radio controlled Dalek

Mmm... yeah, and a few more gifts that I don't actually know the content of.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

*Glomps FH* You really should hang out here more often. You know you love us. :-P

Welcome cc_mac! We love intelligent discussion always!! We love squeeing too.

Mari, Reiko, SK & SR I am available most of the day on Friday for viewing. I am in the EST. How does 2:00 PM EST sound to everyone? After lunch, after the morning madness? Like I said, I am free pretty much all day. So just let me know.

Now, I would like to drop off a present for my Sparky friends. Not a completely "new" composition, some of you have seen another version of this, but here goes.

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!
                      sig made by me

Comment

Merry Christmas Sparkies!
                        sigpic
                        sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

I know a few multi-shippers myself. I don't know if all of them have went public with it, but they are definitely out there.
                          Nothing wrong with multi-shipping to my mind. I'm Sparky all the way when it comes to my OTP but I read fanfic for many pairings.

And speaking of fic, A few fanfic recs for to chase away the after-Christmas boredom:

Accidental Disclosure by Elvinborn, an oldie but a goodie. I lol every time I read this one. PG.

Diminishing Proximity by Irony_rocks. Werewolf AU but hands down one of the hottest Sparky stories I've ever read and wonderfully written. Be warned though, it's almost 100K words and NC-17 (so not for the faint of heart).

The "Almost" Series by Irony_rocks. Wonderful stuff. PG-13 to NC-17.

And Peace by anr. One of my favorite Sparky fics. Ever. Brilliantly written. NC-17

And a new motivator for our latest discussion:
                          Spoiler:

Inspired by SK. It's my first attempt so be gentle.

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                            Mari, Reiko, SK & SR I am available most of the day on Friday for viewing. I am in the EST. How does 2:00 PM EST sound to everyone? After lunch, after the morning madness? Like I said, I am free pretty much all day. So just let me know.
                            Sounds good to me, I'm in CST and I get off work at 9:30 (in the AM, don't ask...).

Now, I would like to drop off a present for my Sparky friends. Not a completely "new" composition, some of you have seen another version of this, but here goes.
                            http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...nghomesnow.gif

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!
                            I think I like it better with the words! Gorgeous work, thanks for sharing!

Comment

*eyes still not working...*

I hear everyone is posting Weir pictures, but I still can't see them. Could you maybe post the brail versions?

*sudden barrage of slaps from Sparky shippers, Joe Flanigan (defending her honor?), and Torri Higginson leaves face red, raw, and throbbing*

Hey... I think I can see again. It's a Christmas miracle!

Merry Christmas Sparky shippers!

Comment

You guys can do that if I can get Katie Holmes. What? I have a weakness for girls with dark hair
                                Hey, John does too!

*shudders*

If Lizzie were still dressing him, that wouldn't happen....
                                Sure about that? Maybe she likes him commando...

E: Look, I cleared my desk *cough* I mean schedule especially for you
                                LOL!

As a straddler myself, I understand where you are coming from. I tend to think of Liz as Shep's one true love, but then she died. Teyla is more like a second wife - not better, not worse, just different and always suffering in the comparison to the first. That's not fair to Teyla though, and she seems to be better served by ending up with Kanaan.
                                That's an excellent point, and I think the same could easily be said for John and trying to pair John and Teyla in the event that Kanaan died. It's been proposed by some (including Mallozzi and Gero) that Teyla may have had a 'crush' on John earlier on. But in the end, she chose Kanaan. I think that's very telling.

Actually, while I think about it, that post on JM's blog a while ago about the choices for Torren's dad omitted some fairly serious contenders - Ronon, Carson, Michael. Why didn't they consider any of them?? OT
                                No kidding! In Ronon's case, I get the impression that until very recently, the producers were thinking of keeping him unattached, similar to their current stance with Sheppard; the in-story explanation likely being that he's still grieving over the death of Melena (Jason referred to her as Ronon's wife at the Burbank con this year; it's never been explicitly stated on the show itself, but I think that was the intent from the flashback scenes in Sateda), the destruction of his homeworld by the Wraith and the suffering he endured as a Runner. Which makes
                                Spoiler:
                                the sudden hurry-up pairing of Ronon with Banks in EatG look even more sloppy than McKeller!

Carson... oh, man, that could've been awesome. (and Reiko would've probably died of squee! ) You'd still have Teyla grieving for the father of her child over the course of S4, but unlike with Kanaan, Teyla (along with everyone else) would have truly believed he was dead. And it would've made the discovery of Clone!Carson in The Kindred even more shocking.

Michael. My guess is, TPTW chickened out and didn't go this way because it would've been too dark, given Michael's 'evil overlord' plans for Teyla, Torren, and the Athosians. But done right, it could've rocked.

Comment

Working...
                                X