Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shelsfc
    I think it is a real pity so many people have moved on...there's no harm playing in both though. S/J is always going to be my main ship, but I'm happy to stick my nose in here every so often - for now, at least, I'm not going to let myself get too invested in it. If S/J works out, I'll trust TPTB more, but...once again I am rambling...I'll stop now!
    Yup yup! There's nothing that makes a show more fun than shipping for two characters

Sam and Jack are also my main ship and I have no problems obsessing over John and Liz at the same time. I'm just so glad that once S/J is resolved, I'll have L/J to ship over
    May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
      "Letters from Pegasus"
      Spoiler:
      She already has. Simon is out of the picture — she told him rather emphatically in her message home that he should move on, and it wasn't tagged with "I'll always love you" or anything like that.
      Woah..haven't seen the new epis yet. Poor Narim!

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
        Lizzie's just workin' her way down the chain of command..
        LMAO that is so true!
        ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
          Oh don't worry, it wasn't actually shown in the show. It was taken as a joke.
          yup...i think it was in the "preview to Atlantis" on the bonus disc that came with Season 7
          ~Athena

Comment

In regards to 'Letters from Pegasus',
            Spoiler:
            I totally think that what Weir says in her video clip to Simon opens the door to future ship with Shep. It's pretty damn clear if you ask me. She tells Simon to move on with his life, as and as noted, doesn't say anything like 'I will always love you' or 'One day we will be together again' or anything like that. I think this will be a turning point in the Weir/Shep ship. *gets all giddy*

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
              Elizabeth and Simon's relationship is explored further in an upcoming episode.

As for Sheppard/Teyla ship - some fans want it. Personally I find their 15+ year age difference just plain wrong (Teyla is early 20's and Shep is late 30's), plus his education and leadership experience puts him more even with Elizabeth's own education and leadership experiences (and she is approx. the same age as Shep).

Not that I want Teyla/Shep. But had to jump in with this. I don't think we can go by the so called ages given for the character from character bios. Teyla is SO not in her early 20's. She's older than FORD, remember CHILDHOOD's end. LEader of her people. And let's face it...looks about 30. Shep could pass for thirty so he's likely 35 tops. I mean Jack is only supposed to be like early 40's right? And it's obvious HE's way older than than Shep! LOL That said...

Mentally Shep/Weir appear the better match. Now, if Shep just wants a hot bod, then go for it. But that would disappoint me. Shep seems like a character who wants more in a gal than just a great bod. And Elizabeth's physical attributes really aren't so bad either.

All this is my rambling opinion, of course.
              I like Sheppard and Weir. Their relationship comes across as older woman/younger man. Yeah..even if it would only be a couple of years. Me likey

One of the reasons

Comment

According to the official bios, Weir is 35 and Shep between 35 and 40 years old, thus Shep IS older than Weir (even though he doesn't look or act it necessarily). Just an FYI.

Comment

Originally posted by fair_nymph
                  In regards to 'Letters from Pegasus',
                  Spoiler:
                  I totally think that what Weir says in her video clip to Simon opens the door to future ship with Shep. It's pretty damn clear if you ask me. She tells Simon to move on with his life, as and as noted, doesn't say anything like 'I will always love you' or 'One day we will be together again' or anything like that. I think this will be a turning point in the Weir/Shep ship. *gets all giddy*
                  "Letters from Pegasus"
                  Spoiler:
                  Not only that, but it was placed so prominently — interwoven with John's message to Sumner's loved ones. In the most literal sense, it would be more appropriate for that message to be presented along with the other messages to family members, but thematically, it fits perfectly. They're both closing doors from the beginning of the expedition, and hopefully that'll move them both to commit themselves even more fully to the expedition.

...and each other.

Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                  Last update: 14 April 2006
                  Melyanna's Multimedia
                  Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
                    Not that I want Teyla/Shep. But had to jump in with this. I don't think we can go by the so called ages given for the character from character bios. Teyla is SO not in her early 20's. She's older than FORD, remember CHILDHOOD's end. LEader of her people. And let's face it...looks about 30. Shep could pass for thirty so he's likely 35 tops. I mean Jack is only supposed to be like early 40's right? And it's obvious HE's way older than than Shep! LOL That said...

I like Sheppard and Weir. Their relationship comes across as older woman/younger man. Yeah..even if it would only be a couple of years. Me likey

One of the reasons
                    Teyla is supposed to be in her early twenties. I don't remember the "Childhood's End" having any reference to her age, but that was from the original publicity.

I don't have a problem with May/December relationships — some of the best works I've ever read have involved such relationships — but I just don't think Sheppard/Teyla works on any level. (Is anyone here surprised by that statement?)

Anyway... Jack's supposed to be in his early fifties. You have to be in the service for a certain number of years to make general — I can't remember what it is, but it makes a person considerably older than early forties.
                    Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
                      In 'Fragile Balace' we see O'Neill's ID card with his birth date: 20/10/52. No exact age has been given for Carter (that I know of), but I think it's accurate to say he's more than a decade older than her.

According to Gateworld's Atlantis Characters page, Sheppard is between 35 and 40, while Weir is 35. Teyla, meanwhile, is said to be between 20 and 25. Regarding 'Childhood's End', maybe Sheppard is being polite and not asking a woman her age.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                        In 'Fragile Balace' we see O'Neill's ID card with his birth date: 20/10/52. No exact age has been given for Carter (that I know of), but I think it's accurate to say he's more than a decade older than her.

According to Gateworld's Atlantis Characters page, Sheppard is between 35 and 40, while Weir is 35. Teyla, meanwhile, is said to be between 20 and 25. Regarding 'Childhood's End', maybe Sheppard is being polite and not asking a woman her age.
                        Regarding "Childhood's end" the question that guy asked "you are all over 24?" (or something like that) And I guess Shep assumed that Teyla was Fords age. or like Hatcher said...Shep must know the "never ask a woman her age rule".
                        ~Athena

Comment

I wish people would stop trying to make Teyla what she isn't. She is a young girl - ask TPTB - who state she is 20-25. She is NOT 30. She is NOT highly educated. She does not have the maturity, experience, or class that Weir has. She has always been more age/maturity-appropriate for Ford.

As I have said before - Sheppard is a complex character who would not just settle for a hot young thing. Teyla would bore him to tears after awhile.

I'm in one of my "I don't like Teyla" moods today. Maybe I need some chocolate.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I think the confusion over Teyla's age comes from the fact that she was the leader of her people, and to most of us, leaders are a little older. We don't know much about her culture, but I suspect that the position is passed down from parent to child, and that her father died when she was fairly young.

That said, I also suspect that the leadership required for such a culture is different than what we typically deem as skilled leadership. It's entirely possible that it's based on fighting abilities, and Teyla is a pretty decent fighter. Elizabeth's leadership is much, much different, and much more intangible.

EDIT: Teyla-hate is a mood? I thought it was a state of being.
                            Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                              EDIT: Teyla-hate is a mood? I thought it was a state of being.
                              *snicker* I guess for some it is a state of being.
                              ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                                *snicker* I guess for some it is a state of being.
                                I don't so much hate her as I wish she'd wear a shirt that fit.
                                Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Working...
                                X