Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    It's okay, I enjoy rambling ... and as for the part about Remnants, I'm really looking forward to seeing what You-know-who pulls out of his bag to try and hurt Sheppard. I personally think that'll happen in the last fifteen minutes, because
    Spoiler:
    if Kolya rubbed in losing Elizabeth to John, that would be the one thing that sets him off. No more Mr. Nice Lt. Col. Sheppard ... the gloves come off and Kolya would be toast. Oh, John doesn't have his gun??? Well, under the threat of death Rodney could probably build a ZedPM, so why can't John find something hard to hit Kolya upside the head with? Sorry, I really don't like Kolya ...

So I guess we'll just hafta wait and see what happens ...

BTW, I have another J/E fic that I've been working on, if I can post it soon I will let y'all know ...
    Oh, that pesky little problem of
    Spoiler:
    not having a gun won't stop John. Actually, have you seen the production photos from the episode? One of them has got Kolya holding what looks like a machete. So, John takes out the guards, then he and Kolya struggle, John gets the machete and takes a few hacks at Kolya... of course, that probably would be way too bloody to be shown even on cable TV at 9pm, but it'd sure be satisfying to watch.

Another fic? Awesome, I'm looking forward to it!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Wait guys I thought
      Spoiler:
      that it was all a hallucination, and that everything was in John's and Woosley's mind. Which if we do get some sort of mention of Elizabeth would be better because it would be John's mind bringing that up.

I AM NOT GETTING MY HOPES UP!!!!

*damn it*

LOL
      sigpic
      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
        Wait guys I thought
        Spoiler:
        that it was all a hallucination, and that everything was in John's and Woosley's mind. Which if we do get some sort of mention of Elizabeth would be better because it would be John's mind bringing that up.

I AM NOT GETTING MY HOPES UP!!!!

*damn it*

LOL
        Yep,
        Spoiler:
        it's all an alien-induced hallucination. And you're totally right; if we get a mention of Elizabeth, it'll be because it's John's mind supplying it to the aliens. He loves her and he can't get her out of his head.

ARGH!

Iz getting hopes up too...
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          Oh, please, acting all tense, formal and cold turkey because of ZOMG hidden feelings! is something 13 year olds do. Maybe that finally proves John isn't mensa, but a retard TPTW try to write him as? Also, John probably suffers from selective amnesia, when embracing Wooley boy so quickly. You know that defending your honor thing? And the fact Elizabeth is floating out there and all it takes is a jumper ride through the gate to bring her home?

How long before the end? I want this show over yesterday.
          I sense John bashing and I am happy

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
            Really? It sounded more like TPTW bashing to me. But then again, I sometimes read things into things that aren't there...

Dropping off the next wallpaper/sig set

Wallpaper:

Sig:

Comment

Originally posted by hopalong View Post
              Really? It sounded more like TPTW bashing to me. But then again, I sometimes read things into things that aren't there...
              Every character is only what TPTBs make him

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                Maybe Woolsey lost a wife and knows how John feels. No wonder the two have bonded so quickly.

They weren't Cubans? Darn. I'd like to think someone was smuggling them.
                Maybe they're not illegal in the Pegasus Galaxy. I know they're not in Canada, so maybe the IOA goes by international rules on that one.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Oh, that pesky little problem of
                Spoiler:
                not having a gun won't stop John. Actually, have you seen the production photos from the episode? One of them has got Kolya holding what looks like a machete. So, John takes out the guards, then he and Kolya struggle, John gets the machete and takes a few hacks at Kolya... of course, that probably would be way too bloody to be shown even on cable TV at 9pm, but it'd sure be satisfying to watch.

Another fic? Awesome, I'm looking forward to it!
                Love the Woolsey/John discussion. Can it be Woolard or Shepsey? And JF has called him his "hot new leading lady" so it works.

On Remnants. I have heard a rumor about what happens to John. If you really really don't want to be super spoiled don't click.

Spoiler:
                I mean it. You may not want to know this much detail.
                Spoiler:
                Last chance to turn back.
                Spoiler:
                Okay, you asked for it.
                Spoiler:
                Kolya cuts his left hand off with that big machete. Remember it's only an hallucination. This could definitely harken back to Afghanistan.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                  You sense wrong.
                  I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    Maybe they're not illegal in the Pegasus Galaxy. I know they're not in Canada, so maybe the IOA goes by international rules on that one.

Love the Woolsey/John discussion. Can it be Woolard or Shepsey? And JF has called him his "hot new leading lady" so it works.

On Remnants. I have heard a rumor about what happens to John. If you really really don't want to be super spoiled don't click.

Spoiler:
                    Spoiler:
                    Spoiler:
                    Okay, you asked for it.
                    Spoiler:
                    Kolya cuts his left hand off with that big machete. Remember it's only an hallucination. This could definitely harken back to Afghanistan.
                    Even if that doesn't happen it SOOOOOOO deserves a fic. And I'd be cruel enough to do something like that to him for real.

Other than that I'm thinking about writing a fic where John and Elizabeth have a child that is disabled in some way - blind, deaf, suffering from some kind of developmental difficulties. I'm a cruel writer.

Comment

Also? I could use a fluff rec. I had a super - crappy day. Sparky fluff, please?

Comment

*snickers* Yup, I can just hear it now... "We're gonna get canceled anyway, so let's just make up all sorts of sh*t and throw it on the wall and whatever sticks, we'll do it!"

And the ratings get even more skewed when you remember that they didn't even start counting DVR/Tivo numbers until last season. So those supposedly higher numbers for S4 and S5... aren't.

ETA: OMG! I just hit 2,000 posts!
                        See...I don't get the whole 'ratings are higher' argument at ALL. Where did this come from? I went and studied the ratings off GW's episode synopses, and S4 ratings were never "higher" than S3. S4 never beats S3. S3's lowest ratings were for their back half run of episodes--which neither S4 nor S5 has beat. The front half of S4 was dismal; the back half was equivalent to the S3 back half--which was the worst the first 3 seasons ever got. S5's first half of episodes is also equivalent to the back half--and better than S4's first half, but that's it. Overall, S4 is lower rated than S3 and S5 is heading that way. Here's the raw breakdown:

Spoiler:

S3: 1st half numbers average: 1.58
                        S3: 2nd half numbers average: 1.24
                        S3: Overall numbers: 1.41

S4: 1st half numbers average: 1.05
                        S4: 2nd half numbers average: 1.24
                        S4: Overall numbers: 1.14

S5: 1st half numbers average: 1.2

DVR did pad S4 and S5--I think these are straight Nielsen without DVR +7 numbers--but S3 didn't analyze DVR numbers at all, so who's to say that those DVR numbers have helped?

So who made the argument that the ratings were better? The ratings have never been better, unless you're counting S4's 'back half' over S4's front half. S5's front half is better than S4's front half, but none of those seasons surpass Season 3! So, I guess my point is...if they were trying to argue that S4 and 5 are an improvement over S3, where's the evidence? The half of the season they 'panicked' over because it's ratings dropped still did better than the following two seasons!

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                        Inquistion was an okay. I was watching the scene with Woolsey Describing the whole Asuran thing and them losing elizabeth. Personally i think Sheppard should've of done it. if Joe Flanigan did it we would've loved it more. plus i was reading somewhere that someone ask if we would see Sheppard's thoughts and guilt and joe Mallozzi said "wont be in inquistion but in Remnants." Im hoping that it will be in Remnants i wanna really see how sheppard feels about Losing Elizabeth. Lifeline, This Mortal Coil and Ghost in the Machine did explore it but i dont know. im rambling arent i?
                        Rambling is good for you.

And I'd forgotten about Mallozzi's answer that we'd see John's feelings of guilt in Remnants. Ruined_puzzle was right on the money!
                        Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                        (SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!) I LOVED IT!!!! Very well done!!!

Glad you liked it. I actually wrote it, like, a year ago, or longer??? And the funny thing is, now I really like Rodney!!!

It's okay, I enjoy rambling ... and as for the part about Remnants, I'm really looking forward to seeing what You-know-who pulls out of his bag to try and hurt Sheppard. I personally think that'll happen in the last fifteen minutes, because
                        Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:
                        if Kolya rubbed in losing Elizabeth to John, that would be the one thing that sets him off. No more Mr. Nice Lt. Col. Sheppard ... the gloves come off and Kolya would be toast. Oh, John doesn't have his gun??? Well, under the threat of death Rodney could probably build a ZedPM, so why can't John find something hard to hit Kolya upside the head with? Sorry, I really don't like Kolya ...

So I guess we'll just hafta wait and see what happens ...

BTW, I have another J/E fic that I've been working on, if I can post it soon I will let y'all know ...
                        As to "Remnants"--I don't think

Spoiler:
                        we'll get Sheppard's 'feelings' about Elizabeth at all. I'd be super surprised. Though Kolya generally involves Elizabeth, given how she hasn't come up except in her episode, I'm not seeing it happen here.

And now, for those of you interested in Torri's guest role on NCIS...how's this? I submitted a question to Michael Ausiello this week and it got mentioned in his column! *dances* It doesn't mention Torri specifically, but I think it does hint at how she'll be involved...

Spoiler:
                        Question: Will we be getting more background on Ziva's bare-chested mystery man anytime soon on NCIS? Also, I heard a rumor that we'd be getting a good Ducky-centric episode sometime soon -- will we find out anything more about his private life? -- Erika <---Me!

Ausiello: According to exec producer Shane Brennan, yes, we will be getting more info on Ziva's mystery man, and yes, there's big Ducky stuff coming. "Ducky will face the biggest emotional challenge of his life in an upcoming episode," he teases. "And yes, we will take a revealing peek into his private life."
                        Hmmmm...biggest emotional challenge of his life? I'm guessing either something with his mother--or perhaps engagement/marriage? If it's the latter, it will more than likely involve Torri's character of Dr. Jordan Hampton, since she's the only person he's shown interest in in that area! If it is his Mom, chances are Torri will still be involved in that 'revealing peek into his private life'. Either way it means she'll be involved with Ducky somehow, so YAY!!!
                        Last edited by Eri13; 29 October 2008, 08:33 AM.
                        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Even if that doesn't happen it SOOOOOOO deserves a fic. And I'd be cruel enough to do something like that to him for real.
                          Was written years ago. Link here

Other than that I'm thinking about writing a fic where John and Elizabeth have a child that is disabled in some way - blind, deaf, suffering from some kind of developmental difficulties. I'm a cruel writer.
                          The most simple way of doing it is to have Lizzie do a crazy Teyla-like stunt during pregnancy. I can give you first-hand insight into that

Comment

How about autism? Big emo whump possibilities.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

How about autism? Big emo whump possibilities.
                              Yes. Not to mention the 'parents would be practically helpless against it. And both would blame themselves for it.

I'm kind of leaning toward giving them a deaf child. I don't feel cruel enough to give them autistic kid.

Comment

Spoiler:
                                Spoiler:
                                Spoiler:
                                Okay, you asked for it.
                                Spoiler:
                                Well if that happens
                                Spoiler:
                                it will be a sure fire way to get people to realize that it's not real. It probably happens towards the end.

Yeah I don't think we'll get an Elizabeth mention, but I'm seriously trying to think what Koyla and John could talk about. They can't have 45 minutes of I hate you's/. Mmm okay so let's say Woosley gets half the episode and John get's the other half that is still 20 minutes of I hate you. The rest of the 5 minutes will be given to Ronon, Teyla and Rodney. So once again does Koyla just physically scar him cause that is BS. Emotional whump is so much better.

ETA: Ack, I know a lot of you are for Ronon/Teyla too, don't let them dieeeee..... before they have a chance to go up against the big ships. LOL

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=59822&page=20
                                Last edited by Ruined_puzzle; 29 October 2008, 11:10 AM.
                                sigpic
                                My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Working...
                                X