X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melyanna
    "Letters from Pegasus"
    Spoiler:
    Honestly, I'm surprised they dealt with Simon at all, since it was pretty obvious from the beginning that he wasn't going to last. I was surprised that they underlined her ending it like that, especially since it was placed on par with John's message to Colonel Sumner's family. So I'm quite curious to know where this is going and why they emphasized it so.
    yes, it's a big flag saying
    Spoiler:
    Weir's single again. When it didn't need to be said, as I am sure a lot of people on Atlantis have family and sig others they may never see again
    . So why highlight this?

If they are planning to develop something for Weir, it had better not be soapy and badly written or detract from the overall storyline. I'm all for small moments I can squee over and project onto but at the moment at least, I don't want to see overt ship.

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
      yes, it's a big flag saying
      Spoiler:
      Weir's single again. When it didn't need to be said, as I am sure a lot of people on Atlantis have family and sig others they may never see again
      . So why highlight this?
      It doesn't have to have romantic connotations, it could just highlight her dedication to the Atlantis Project. She has accepted the possibility that she might not return to earth, just reinforces what was shown in Home.

Comment

Just wondering what this (if it's true...) means for the relationship dynamics of our favourite duo...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....82&postcount=1

warning! Major spoilers..

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
          Just wondering what this (if it's true...) means for the relationship dynamics of our favourite duo...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....82&postcount=1

warning! Major spoilers..
          I have to admit...I'm slightly concerned about that whole story. Not particularly for W/S though, I don't think too much will change there. But
          Spoiler:
          It worries me that they feel the need to bring in another regular character already. (Beckett doesn't count cos he was more or less a regular already) It worries me more that it could mean no more Ford.
          But I'm going OT...

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
            I have to admit...I'm slightly concerned about that whole story. Not particularly for W/S though, I don't think too much will change there. But
            Spoiler:
            It worries me that they feel the need to bring in another regular character already. (Beckett doesn't count cos he was more or less a regular already) It worries me more that it could mean no more Ford.
            But I'm going OT...

Well I am worried...

Spoilers and speculation..

Spoiler:
            If he's no longer the ranking military officer, how that affect his relationship with Elizabeth? No more cosy chats about how to run Atlantis on the balcony, or hot arguments about how best to do things, cos of this other character. Or scenes together as a result.

I'm thinking, this in effect, demotes Shep and puts him more on an equal footing with Teyla, so I would expect more scene between he and Teyla (that will be exciting huh?) and Weir only appearing in briefing scenes and scenes with the Colonel. So no more looks, standing too close together and all the other lovely subtle stuff we get at the moment.

Oh well,there's always fanfic!

Comment

Hmm. Season 2 spoilers and spec:
              Spoiler:
              You know, this doesn't say or even imply that the new CO is even a regular. I don't know how many more regulars this show can support, to be honest. They've not done a very good job of developing Ford or Teyla, so I'm wondering if they're going to write people off soon.

Anyway, I'm not entirely surprised by the move, though I am surprised that John's getting promoted. I thought it would take a few more years, since one act of supreme bravery doesn't typically overwrite insubordination. At any rate, I don't think John's effective demotion from ranking officer is going to have much of an effect on Sheppard/Weir. If anything, it might help things — after all, now it's not quite so unethical for them to get together.

Mel, a. k. a. Jack/Sam Shipper Thread Voice of Reason, signing off
              Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
              Last update: 14 April 2006
              Melyanna's Multimedia
              Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

I'm just thinking that
                Spoiler:
                this new guy may not last very long. He's only listed as a guest star so far...I can't see them making him a regular, they've already got two more new regulars this season. Even if he's a recurring character, how can they justify him being in suh an imprtant role if we don't see him? On the other hand, we know Shep will be there every week. He already knows Atlantis, and is familiar with it's workings, it's population, it's enemies. He has to be involved in those sort of discussions. He is one of the main characters, he's first in the credits, he has been referred to as the shows leading man...so it makes sense to have him in the more important position. I think I'm just rambling now...
                Spoiler:

Anyway, they already seem to have become friends, and hopefully TPTB won't ignore the chemistry between them.

Comment

Hmm. Season 2 spoilers and spec:
                  Spoiler:
                  You know, this doesn't say or even imply that the new CO is even a regular. I don't know how many more regulars this show can support, to be honest. They've not done a very good job of developing Ford or Teyla, so I'm wondering if they're going to write people off soon.

Anyway, I'm not entirely surprised by the move, though I am surprised that John's getting promoted. I thought it would take a few more years, since one act of supreme bravery doesn't typically overwrite insubordination. At any rate, I don't think John's effective demotion from ranking officer is going to have much of an effect on Sheppard/Weir. If anything, it might help things — after all, now it's not quite so unethical for them to get together.

Mel, a. k. a. Jack/Sam Shipper Thread Voice of Reason, signing off

What she said

You put it much better than I did.

Comment

For a while I've figured TPTB were going to dump either Ford or Teyla. Neither has been developed worth a darn and neither have gone over well with fans. Bringing in new regs doesn't look good for one of them.

As for Shep's promotion...I too think it is a bit early. But I can see the new CO clashing with Weir and having her run to Shep for support.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                      For a while I've figured TPTB were going to dump either Ford or Teyla. Neither has been developed worth a darn and neither have gone over well with fans. Bringing in new regs doesn't look good for one of them.
                      <snip>
                      I really hope they don't. I do like them both, and they haven't been given a fair chance, particularly Ford. He hasn't even had half a storyline in any ep.

I like the idea of Weir going to Shep for support if she clashes with the new guy.

Comment

And on a random note, I'm easily amused. Anyone else notice how the little picture GW used on the story about this Season 2 episode was of Sheppard and Weir?
                        Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

And on a random note, I'm easily amused. Anyone else notice how the little picture GW used on the story about this Season 2 episode was of Sheppard and Weir?
                          Yes, I did too.

Astro, a.k.a. Weir/Sheppard voice of doom...

Comment

You need more Sheppard/Weir fluff, don't you?
                            Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

You need more Sheppard/Weir fluff, don't you?
                              How did you guess?

talking of which...

Comment

I hope we don't lose Ford. I like him and we need someone to seduce Teyla so she stops giving John those looks.

Ronon Dex? Run on Dex? Run on Deck? Run Forest Run! er...
                                May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Working...
                                X