Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top man - He will be missed.

Southern Red - Romance blossoms in Season 5 of Atlantis but, alas, not between Sheppard and Teyla
    Wahoo - coughs, 'excuse me.'
    BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      I'll analyze more tomorrow, because I'll soon hit the bed, but gotta say - Coup is one of the big sparky episodes, and has several canon moments. It's also one of the episodes that IMO needs more fanfiction.

OT, but Stargate related - Don Davis, the man who played General Hammond, has passed away. I know it's not even Atlantis related, but I liked Hammond in SG - 1 and I was sad to hear this.
      WHAT? Oh no!

I loved Don S. Davis. I actually watched him in some of his stuff before Stargate. He was in things like A League of Their Own, Poltergeist: The Legacy and The X-Files. He will be missed. *sniffle*

*salutes*

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Now that's a new expression. We say "pull my leg" but that means to try to trick someone into believing something.

Now I have an announcement which may shock some of you.
      Spoiler:
      I was wrong.

A TV guide interview with JM has this tidbit:

I'd like to know if there is any chance of seeing another hot Sheppard/Teyla kiss. And will these two get together romantically ? – TheUnitLover
      Joseph Mallozzi: Romance blossoms in Season 5 of Atlantis but, alas, not between Sheppard and Teyla. Last we left our favorite Athosian back in Season 4, she had a man in her life — or, more accurately, a half-man half-iratus bug with very conflicted feelings.

I was all ready for the season of Sheyla. I guess not.
      Wow...I'm not surprised, but I do feel kinda sorry for the Sheylas. That's a punch in the gut, when producers come out and tell you that straight up--I've had it happen and NOT appreciated it. At least they didn't kill Teyla off, though!

Oh, well, back to Sparky. I started my crack!fic, y'all, though I think it might be more 'humor' than 'crack'. *shrugs* What else is up?

Discussion questions coming later!
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

SR was wrong? OMG.

Erm I'm not sorry. I'm a b*tch, sue me.

Awaiting discussion questions!
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Oh and "don't pull my tongue" means - don't make me angry and say things I'll regret later.

Soon I'll be giving you lessons in Croatian.

Comment

Sounds interesting... Fire away

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
              Sounds interesting... Fire away
              Dobar dan - a greeting, means good day. How is it said in Czech?

Comment

Dobar dan - a greeting, means good day. How is it said in Czech?
                That would by Dobry den (can't post diacritics on GW)

My turn: Jak se mate? (formal version) Jak se mas? (non-formal version) is How do you do?

Comment

Oh and "don't pull my tongue" means - don't make me angry and say things I'll regret later.

Cool! I only speak spanish.

SR was wrong? OMG.

Erm I'm not sorry. I'm a b*tch, sue me.

Awaiting discussion questions!
                  Here you go:

Oh, and thanks for all the greens and nice comments, you guys! You all must really like Coup, because I got a ton of great responses about it. Thank you! I'll try to make the discussion worthy.

Coup d'Etat Discussion

1) Coup seems to be regarded as a general favorite around here. What did you like most about the episode?

2) Martin Gero opts to make Weir and Sheppard (and Rodney, to a degree) somewhat conniving and proactive in this episode. Was that OOC or completely on track? Does it mesh with the rest of the Season?

3) In Coup, Atlantis is seen as being a little darker in the sense of pursuing their own interests above anyone else's, and willing to break trust to get there. Did you like that better or worse than 'golden boy Atlantis' who saves the day?

4) Ladon seems to bring out the snark in Elizabeth. Did you prefer her (and John's) 'take no prisoners' attitude here? Or are you more comfortable with the Elizabeth who wavers in worry, carefully considering and negotiating each demand? Why?

5) In Coup, Elizabeth sends Ronon and Teyla out to investigate their missing team members' disappearance. Was this really smart? Pretend we don't know the reason behind the kidnappings--wouldn't this place Ronon and Teyla in danger?

6) Did you like the way General Cowen was killed off in Coup?

7) Do you think Atlantis as a whole appeared weak or strong in this episode? How does the fact that Sheppard's men were saved only because of Dahlia Radim's curable condition weigh in your analysis?

8) Anuna called this one of the Sparkiest episodes of SGA canon. Why do you think that is? What scenes stand out for you?

9) Do you think the way Atlantis was caught up in the game between Ladon and Cowen was realistic?

10) Did this episode change any of your views of the characters? The expedition? For those of you who watched this episode in order, think back--what were you expecting after this episode?
                  Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
                    100 ways John and Elizabeth could’ve met had Altantis not existed.
                    100 ways John and Elizabeth went on a mission together.
                    » I smell plot fluffydusters. I could use some.

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                    Anuna, do you realize that according to your theories, Sheppard and McKay are married since the very first episode?
                    »

» Oh. And that TV Guide interview.

Spoiler:
                    "The decision to make Samantha Carter the new base commander in Season 4 was in no way related to the decision made with regard to the Elizabeth Weir character. The fact that we’ve brought in Richard Woolsey to take over the position in Season 5 makes that pretty clear."

Sound familar? (Gero - Beckett vs Keller?)

And my question:

Spoiler:
                    What is the No. 1 decision you have come to regret as show runner of Atlantis? Do you wish you could take back removing Elizabeth Weir/Torri Higginson from the main cast? – reiko_afterglow
                    Mallozzi: No. So far, no regrets. I was very happy with Season 4 and hope Season 5 proves just as satisfying and full of surprises.

» Just what I expected.

Comment

How do you say I feel good like in this song? sing it James

I can really not see John singing this to Liz. Maybe in private. Shirtless.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Pajus - Kako si? would be "How do you do" in Croatian.

SR - (enthusiastically) Baš mi je super! - I feel good the way James sings it.

Reiko - let's see what happens if ratings drop and the show suffers really bad fate. Maybe then there will be something to regret?

Mini rant warning -

Spoiler:
                        Those guys mutilated the show and turned it upside down. The show went from something I loved into something I hate. When I hear the main producer saying things like this it just makes me VERY angry. And you don't want to make Anuna angry.

The season was great for some, but for the others it wasn't good or even watchable, it was downright dreadful. I respect that some of you still like some aspects of the show but booting Weir is beyond forgiving for me. These guys can tell that they intend to do a good show but I don't buy it. Who on Earth turns the female lead into something not even human and kicks her out?! And why is one character worthy of grand style saving and the other isn't?

I have ZERO RESPECT for the wrietrs and producers of this show. period.

Now I'm going to give "Coup" questions some thought.....

Comment

Pajus - Kako si? would be "How do you do" in Croatian.
                          Croatian does not make a difference between formal and non-formal talk?

Spoiler:
                          Those guys mutilated the show and turned it upside down. The show went from something I loved into something I hate. When I hear the main producer saying things like this it just makes me VERY angry. And you don't want to make Anuna angry.
                          Spoiler:
                          Tell me about it. I can still remember when we went after that Sith lord and his pack of trigger-happy assassins together. Although that might have something to do with me saying that the Sith lord invented Sheyla shipping

Comment

At long last my F Sparky wall. I had sooooo much trouble with this one and am still not happy. Just glad to get rid of it. G is going to be a cute one. Please tell me you like it a little even if you don't mean it.

Spoiler:
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              At long last my F Sparky wall. I had sooooo much trouble with this one and am still not happy. Just glad to get rid of it. G is going to be a cute one. Please tell me you like it a little even if you don't mean it.

Spoiler:
                              I absolutely LOVE the quote you have chosen. Perfect for Sparky, such deep deep emotion evoking.
                              I always enjoy the screencap from Echoes. Thank you for sharing.

My contribution to the language thing:
                              Hindi: aap keise hain? (how are you)
                              Bengali: kemon aachen? - formal
                              kemon aachish - informal
                              sig made by me

Comment

It's tuesday almost 9 PM where I live. Guess the tradition of Gutter day was abandoned for good

Comment

Working...
                                X