Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
    <snips some stuff from Mitch Pileggi>

Interesting indeed. Wonder what ep that's in? Can't wait to see.
    My guess? Critical Mass. I know that episode is going to involve a conflict between Weir and Caldwell over something very controversial; I just don't know where Sheppard falls into it.

I do see Atlantis as a darker series than SG-1, though Sheppard isn't nearly so dark as O'Neill. On Atlantis, the threat is more palpable: the entire first season was building up to the massive siege of Atlantis, and it's been a struggle for survival at times. SG-1 has never had such a lengthy period of immediate threat. But this struggle, sometimes just to get enough food for people, has exposed the characters more. After all, it's what we are at the darkest of times that show who we really are. That's why we've ended up with a handful of fascinating characters after just one season.

As for Sheppard v. O'Neill, John may have a vengeful streak a mile wide, but he has hope. As Teyla put it in Suspicion, Atlantis is more than shelter — it is hope. And let's not forget, the Atlantis expedition was put together to find something with which to save the Milky Way from the Goa'uld and the Replicators. Atlantis is hope, and in a lot of ways I think Sheppard/Weir is a good microcosm of the mission. They're from totally different backgrounds (the warrior and peacemaker, as has been noted before), but they have to work together toward a common goal to have any hope of success. They have their rough times, of course, but in the end they have to find companionship and family in each other, because by the time they're done with this mission, it's going to be hard to find anyone else who will truly understand what they've been through.
    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
    Last update: 14 April 2006
    Melyanna's Multimedia
    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
      As for Sheppard v. O'Neill, John may have a vengeful streak a mile wide, but he has hope. As Teyla put it in Suspicion, Atlantis is more than shelter — it is hope. And let's not forget, the Atlantis expedition was put together to find something with which to save the Milky Way from the Goa'uld and the Replicators. Atlantis is hope, and in a lot of ways I think Sheppard/Weir is a good microcosm of the mission. They're from totally different backgrounds (the warrior and peacemaker, as has been noted before), but they have to work together toward a common goal to have any hope of success. They have their rough times, of course, but in the end they have to find companionship and family in each other, because by the time they're done with this mission, it's going to be hard to find anyone else who will truly understand what they've been through.
      Wow... I never looked at it like that! Well said!
      "ALWAYS"

"You know love. It's a strange and mysterious... thing..." - Jack "Sacrifices"

SAM/JACK for sg1
      and though i promised myself i wouldn't ship for atlantis.... PROUD SHWEIR SHIPPER

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
        I love Rodney. I REALLY do. He's adoreable and funny and goofy and he makes you just be happy when he's on screen. However, imho, Elizabeth looks at him like he's a four year old that she needs to put in time-out. LOL. Just the way she says his name in rebuke is amusing. ; )

-Bama
        Don't be mad McWeir shippers! I can see Rodney having an unrequited crush for Elizabeth, but I don't think a woman like her would go for him. She looks exasperated, sometimes fondly, with him at times.
        Last edited by Flowerbud; 01 August 2005, 01:14 PM.

Comment

My guess? Critical Mass. I know that episode is going to involve a conflict between Weir and Caldwell over something very controversial; I just don't know where Sheppard falls into it.

I do see Atlantis as a darker series than SG-1, though Sheppard isn't nearly so dark as O'Neill. On Atlantis, the threat is more palpable: the entire first season was building up to the massive siege of Atlantis, and it's been a struggle for survival at times. SG-1 has never had such a lengthy period of immediate threat. But this struggle, sometimes just to get enough food for people, has exposed the characters more. After all, it's what we are at the darkest of times that show who we really are. That's why we've ended up with a handful of fascinating characters after just one season.

I really like that angle. Elizabeth feeling 'muscled' out of her power by the military guys. I can see where she would feel a little betrayed by John if that were the case. She has been his staunchest ally. I know she would expect the same in return. It's in her DNA. Simon's 'betrayal' would be nothing next to something like that from John.

And I SO agree with your last few sentences Mel. We XF shippers used to say it all the time. If they aren't with *each other*, who the heck will they ever be right for. They're 'warped'. ; ) The same has been said about Jack and Sam on Stargate.

Seriously, I thought about that
          Spoiler:
          scene with Simon when they finalized things and Elizabeth walked away from him and back to Atlantis where she 'went back to work'.
          The mission takes precedence over all. Shopping, love, sex, intimate dinners...it all has to take a backseat to what faces her now. She chose the narrow and hard path. She chose the path that would take her away from all that was known and from every kind of normal relationship she could have with Tom, Dick or Simon.

John is her mate now. In every way but the formalities. He is who she must turn to and lean on. And she is his. There is no other choice.

And when they finally do come to the end of their journey together, who else will they want to sit in a rocking chair beside? Some guy who has worked in a lab his entire life? Some girl who has worked in an office filing? Oh, yeah, they'll understand.

No woman or man will ever be enough for them but each other.

-B ; )

Comment

Hello All, just going to pop in and say hi. I like Sheppard and Weir as friends cuz they look good together, but i'm a huge mcweir shipper.

I'm recruiting staff for a fanfiction archive that im starting on ff.net and i need all and any shippers who want to help put together an archive with romance/humor stories, fluff and the sort. I read some shweir stories personally and know of a few but i could use someone that knows most of them and it would help a little if you read other ships as well. If anyone is interested please PM me. Thank You.

Good luck yall, hope youre enjoying the shweirness.
            McKay: I'm invulnerable!
            Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
            McKay: In-vul-ner-able.

McKAY: I'm not crazy -- I just have another consciousness in my brain.

First icon made by Cathain Nottingham and last 4 made by ToasterOnFire
            My LJ My Fanfic My Homeschooling Blog

Comment

Bama, no I was refering to CSI:LV.

John is her mate now. In every way but the formalities. He is who she must turn to and lean on. And she is his.
              Aww, I really liked that bit.

Ohh I'm looking forward to that!
              It was great seeing John
              Spoiler:
              standing by Elizabeth in TS 2 and where he admitted that she had earned his respect and trust - something that Elizabeth wasn't very sure of before like in HZ.

Very interesting analysis by everyone and we're still only at the start of Season 2

Oh yeah, we'll reach 6000 posts very quickly.
              Last edited by Vixen; 01 August 2005, 01:45 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=weirfan517]99% mcweir 1% weir/other
                75% weyla 25% mcshepQUOTE]

WEYLA?!

I think I just peed myself.

Honk if you're LOL!

; ) -Bama
                Last edited by Bama; 01 August 2005, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Triangley power struggles!! Sqeee! It makes sense to me
                  Spoiler:
                  that W/S/T would agree & disagree on various S.2 disasters. The thought of an Elizabeth -- Sheppard/Caldwell smackdown gives me goosebumps!!!

I must really need more hardass!Elizabeth. Do you think E would wear her long- or short-sleeved Red shirt to be badass?

Comment

They have their rough times, of course, but in the end they have to find companionship and family in each other, because by the time they're done with this mission, it's going to be hard to find anyone else who will truly understand what they've been through.
                    Especially when security clearance is an issue.

I've voiced that, imo, the base of their relationship is that they have nobody else they can confide in due to their positions in an isolated setting. Of course, there is Kate Heightmeyer, but that is rather impersonal and sometimes you just want to be able to talk without being psyched.
                    The only thought i'd had about them being together back on Earth is that it may be awkward given they are wholey themselves and don't have the safety of the city to focus on and keep them together, and then you have to add how far behind they are in the news/world events that they have missed and how things that seem of importance to everybody else become trivial in the face of all they have experienced ( which fits in with what Bama was saying). So again they are in the position of finding it hard to adjust and fit in, and quite possibly finding out out about each other again.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerbud
                      Alaskah writes:

This stuff just pops through once in awhile. I don't see it as being meant maliciously. Maybe a little bit out of insecurity. I say we play in our sandbox and they play in they in their sandbox and every now and then we toss sand at each other for fun. The posters in both groups are generally polite and I don't see this escalating into a shipper war.
                      ROFL! That's an excellent way to describe it. Thanks for hearing me out guys. I just ask a little consideration for those of us who are getting sand tossed at us from both sides.

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
                      still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon
                        I must really need more hardass!Elizabeth. Do you think E would wear her long- or short-sleeved Red shirt to be badass?
                        I'd go with the short sleeved red shirt...frees up arm movement, shows off any muscles and of course the LRS* shows enough flesh to distract male attention while she turns into Badass!Lizzie

Comment

Especially when security clearance is an issue.

I've voiced that, imo, the base of their relationship is that they have nobody else they can confide in due to their positions in an isolated setting. Of course, there is Kate Heightmeyer, but that is rather impersonal and sometimes you just want to be able to talk without being psyched.
                          The only thought i'd had about them being together back on Earth is that it may be awkward given they are wholey themselves and don't have the safety of the city to focus on and keep them together, and then you have to add how far behind they are in the news/world events that they have missed and how things that seem of importance to everybody else become trivial in the face of all they have experienced ( which fits in with what Bama was saying). So again they are in the position of finding it hard to adjust and fit in, and quite possibly finding out out about each other again.
                          First, who the heck is Kate Heightmeyer?

Second, on the subject of them being awkward on earth...you have a point but if you can get comfortable enough to make love on a floating alien world, chances are good that making love with that special person you trust more than any in the world will be just as yummy in Downtown, U.S.A. It's all about the person and the feelings not the setting. The setting may help push them together but the love they'll find will keep them together. ; )

-Bama

Comment

I'd go with the short sleeved red shirt...frees up arm movement, shows off any muscles and of course the LRS* shows enough flesh to distract male attention while she turns into Badass!Lizzie
                            Man, I cannot wait to see her fight! (Even if she gets her butt handed to her) When do we get to see Badass!Liz anyway?

-B

Comment

She's a psychologist on Atlantis.

Comment

Second, on the subject of them being awkward on earth...you have a point but if you can get comfortable enough to make love on a floating alien world, chances are good that making love with that special person you trust more than any in the world will be just as yummy in Downtown, U.S.A. It's all about the person and the feelings not the setting. The setting may help push them together but the love they'll find will keep them together. ; )

-Bama
                                As Vixen said, she's the resident psychologist. She appears in The Gift.

I agree but I was talking more along the lines of how they would interact conversation wise and just being around each other doing domesticated things eg, grocery shopping, cleaning etc. those situations would probably be easier bc there is something else to occupy their minds with, but maybe it would take more effort when it came to them having nothing to do except sit back and relax. You can't build a longterm realtionship on sex only, no matter how good it is

To answer your other question,
                                Spoiler:
                                Lizzie goes offworld in Condemned to save her people, and in The Tower ''[she] faces a major dilemma in her dealings with an interesting new ally.'', so i'm guessing she's going to kickass in that aswell. But the main one is Condemned which airs after Duet so if your in the US or have special connections then you don't have long to wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X