Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melyanna
    I updated it on December 28, it seems. I'm going to try to get another update out this weekend, but the story is being really uncooperative, and I've been inundated with half a dozen Sheppard/Weir ficlet ideas.
    Ah, but I believe I read that one... I get an email when you update... No email lately... You know how impatient I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
      Hello guys ...so ..is the ship shaping nicely between weir/Sheppard?!!

I saw up to the defiant one ...not too many scenes for a video so far but ...are there some good shippy scenes in the future episodes ...??!!

and what are your favorites Weir/Sheppard shippy scenes from the beginning of Atlantis ?!!

Caty
      Hi Caty!
      Really great that you've found your way over to this thread - look forward to hearing your thoughts!
      So W/S.........well I think the general consensus seems to be that we'd really like to see TPTB work though all the many phases of ship before it potentially gets to any form of romantic relationship (if ever).
      Personally I see some fantastic opportunities for them to develop all the aspects of 2 strong and intelligent people being thrown together in a personal and professional sense and having to work through getting to know each other under such extreme circumstances. It gives a lot of scope to work on angles of human relationship, especially since they come from such different backgrounds!! I'll be happy for now if they can take that on (hopefully with some clever and intelligent writing) and see where it goes

Teyla - well I agree. Not warmed at all to the character so far and any possible ship with Sheppard? - no way!
      To be fair, theres not exactly been a lot of character developement for Rachel to play with and it is early days yet. Looks like there may be some development for her in upcoming episodes so I guess we wait and see.

Generally, I'd like them to spend time developing all the relationships between all the characters, individually and collectively.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
        TPTB seem to want Shep/Teyla ship but Teyla doesn't seem to be warming to the fans. I ran across a poll somewhere here recently and poor Teyla had only 2 votes!

The character is poorly written and Rachel just doesn't seem to fit in with the other actors. There just is no personality, she has bad hair, too much make-up, and is dressed like she is ready to "walk" Hollywood Blvd.

Personally, I don't really want "ship" between anyone but if TPTB insist on it, Weir/Shep just seems a better intellectual match.
        Teyla is a poor man's version of Teal'c, with a "Y" instead of a "C", i.e. even the names are nearly spelt the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
          Be gone, foul creature!
          *sprinkles holy water around thread*

*posts lj icon Pellmelody let me use*

There... *dusts off hands* that should do it.

We will now return to our normal transmission.

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
            Teyla is a poor man's version of Teal'c, with a "Y" instead of a "C", i.e. even the names are nearly spelt the same way.

Oh yeah ..I never thought about the similarity in the names

caty

Comment

Well, in all fairness, Teyla was not the original name. Back when they were still talking about Sheppard having this romantic interest, her name was Mikala. I have no idea why they decided to change it.

(And no, I didn't just know that off the top of my head. I remembered the character's name being changed, but I did have to look up what it was originally. )
              Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
              Last update: 14 April 2006
              Melyanna's Multimedia
              Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                Well, in all fairness, Teyla was not the original name. Back when they were still talking about Sheppard having this romantic interest, her name was Mikala. I have no idea why they decided to change it.

(And no, I didn't just know that off the top of my head. I remembered the character's name being changed, but I did have to look up what it was originally. )
                maybe Mikala had too many syllables, and TPTB decided to change it to two syllables instead like everyone elses name minus Elizabeth and Zelenka of course.
                ~Athena

Comment

*sprinkles holy water around thread*

*posts lj icon Pellmelody let me use*

Heh! I must admit I'm quite fond of this icon.

Shocking... isn't it?
                  Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

A picture tells a thousand words.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
                      Heh! I must admit I'm quite fond of this icon.

Shocking... isn't it?
                      Surprisingly.... No...

How is the Shep clone I knitted you, my dear?

Comment

How is the Shep clone I knitted you, my dear?
                        Still the best present ever. I've been surprisingly warm ever since. No need for extra sweaters or socks anymore.

Whoops, can't seem to stop my Sheppard thunking. Not that I want to.

So... err... Sheppard/Weir moments, anyone?

*wanders of in search of Shep thunk thread*
                        Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

I was scanning through "Rising" today and noticed this little scene...

Elizabeth seems to be standing a little too close don't ya think...and its only the pilot!
                          ~Athena

Comment

You know, I honestly think that may be the moment that got me interested in the two of them. (Not romantically, though. Just as how they would react to each other.) The dynamic was just great from this early point, because there's so much unspoken between them. I really have to wonder what interaction they had before the expedition set out.
                            Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                            Last update: 14 April 2006
                            Melyanna's Multimedia
                            Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

I know what you mean Mel, and it was right after that scene to go out to the balcony for the first time and have their sparring of words...okay more like arguement of doing "what is right".
                              ~Athena

Comment

What was odd is that I didn't want to see Sheppard/Weir ship at first, because it seemed too obvious to me. But then as I learned more about the characters, they grew on me. I really like the charakters, all of them (okay, except that guy with the ponytail... what's his name again). They're not perfect, they make mistakes, and they seem very human. I like that.

I watched the episodes out of order because of Squinty Vision, Inc., so the first time I saw a Sheppard/Weir moment was actually in "The Storm / The Eye". But then I saw moments in almost every episode.

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
                                it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
                                It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
                                And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

Working...
                                X