Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShippyMom View Post
    That's mine. I don't post here but I do lurk and read the messages often. I'm flattered my unfinished fic is still kicking around in someone's file.

I've been running hot and cold with my enthusiasm for Atlantis this season, for obvious reasons. However, BAMSR has served to get me excited about it again, so who knows...maybe if I get guilted into it enough I will finish that story! I might find it a bit difficult to go back and write something that is better set in S2 (I think?) but hey, that sounds like a good excuse as any to dust off the DVDs!
    Originally posted by dana View Post
    Nooope. *giggles*
    Welcome. Always glad to have new posters.

And dana: watch, picture,view out window, couch
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Welcome. Always glad to have new posters.

And dana: watch, picture,view out window, couch
      Try again.

Comment

Try again.
        Alright how about you cut down the ones we've gotten:

Picture
        Watch

the view?

Then we can take it from there?
        sig made by me

Comment

We is gonna play a game SPOT THE MANIP. The rules are simple. I will post a picture which is manipped by yours truly. Your task is to spot *all* things that are manipped in the picture (aka never been there in the original photo). Who gets all of them correct first, will get a sig of their own choice by yours truly.

And now the pic (something easy for starters):
          Spoiler:
          neat idea.

Watch
          Tear
          picture
          background

oh darn those are all things everyone else said. Oh well. I will just say neat idea and head back to work. I will keep checking the answers!
          sigpic

Comment

Try again.
            Okay. Certainly the watch and the picture.

Right eye crying
            Umm, does he normally wear sweet shirts?
            View from window. I’m sure something’s up with that?
            BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
              Could it be?

Could season 4 actually turn out to be the season that makes Sparky stronger, not break it? It all comes down to John:

Spoiler:
              * He acts like Elizabeth's husband by making decisions for her when she was dying (notice no one tried to stop him so everyone else recognizes his right to do this).

* He has tears in his eyes and is so choked up he can barely speak when he is told there is no hope (he's never been that upset about anything else).

* He remembers her all season as evidenced by his words and sad looks.

* Her loss has changed him. He is more serious and so unwilling to lose any more of his friends that he risks their anger by telling them what they can and cannot do. (Witness his conversation with Rodney in MC and the one with Teyla in BAMSR.)

And now in season 5
              Spoiler:
              there's a great chance Elizabeth will return. There are so many cool twists this story could take.

It will be Sparky's finest hour.

It's always darkest just before dawn. So, what do you say? Is sunrise on the horizon? Raise your hand if you believe Sparky will shine once more in season 5!
              *raises hand*

Spoiler:
              I believe that Season 3, and 4, have seen TPTB embrace the idea. I think they fought it even as they wrote it, knowing it was good from an exposition standpoint but as that wasn't planned as 'the' relationship of the show (that was obviously John/Teyla, I watched the commentary on "Rising" last night and even Joe F. points it out).

But it seemed they couldn't help themselves and it gravitated to that (I think it culminated in "The Real World"--I don't care how much you ship other things, you watch that episode and the connection is quite obvious), and it has steadily been accepted. I don't know they are purposefully playing up 'romance' more than 'connection/relationship' but that bond is quite obviously exposed in "Adrift" and "Lifeline", and again in TMC. No one understood Elizabeth better than John (my favorite set of lines in "Adrift" is John yelling at Rodney for reactivating the nanites, and Rodney arguing "but she would have died, she'd have wanted us to save her" and John saying "well obviously you don't know Elizabeth very well". And then a few moments later, after she's healed, you hear Elizabeth echo that very sentiment to Teyla "They shouldn't have done this". Both Rodney and Teyla obviously care about their friend, but only John and Elizabeth know each other well enough to know what the other's thinking. I also think that's part of the reason he couldn't face her at the end.)

Same way around in "Lifeline", when she orders them to go. A wonderful testament to that relationship on a command level, in that he did not have to follow her orders, but he respected her enough to do as he was told. He never leaves anyone behind, but this time, because she told him to, he did. He'd only do that for her.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

*hand in air* I believe. I also believe that more and more people connect John's new attitude problem with the loss of Elizabeth. I predicted that the news about
              Spoiler:
              Teyla's pregnancy would be the last straw that made him realize he had lost control of his team and his life. John is going to have a crisis of confidence much like in Epiphany, but this time it will be worse because he had just started to trust everybody.
              Spoiler:
              I'm hoping to see something along those lines in "Outcast". The only thing I've been disappointed about is 'lack of Liz' remembrance from all the team (not just John). The only one who's directly mentioned her has been Rodney (and Ronan sort of). I think John's lack of mention is just a personal thing about his character--he doesn't talk about his losses to anyone, but I would still like one of those moments where someone finds him out on the balcony, alone and thinking.

I hope that they will keep her in the consciousness, though, in the back half of this season. Outcast, in Midway (with both Kavanaugh and Bates coming back, I'm hoping they'll make a mention thatwillgetKavanaughpunchedbyRonan), perhaps in Kindred (Beckett's gotta wonder where she's at, so hopefully that'll lead to a mention) and maybe The Last Man, to foreshadow Season 5.

As for Season 5
              Spoiler:
              AH! I see so much potential! Whatever the storyline may be, the first time John SEES HER (and she's gotta be real, even if they play she's a clone, the real Elizabeth is around somewhere--I don't buy making multiple copies with the real deal killed offscreen). But when he sees her, believing she was dead--goodness, that's gonna be good. That might be worth the entire season right there.

I'm hoping for more than a two-parter...the way that Gero mentioned, it seems like it might be a running storyline, so more than two episodes. And with the 100th episode at the end of the season, I'm hoping that will also include her.

They could have gone a million directions with Teyla's pregnancy, but they opted to create an Athosian beau for her that she's now desperate to find. When the baby is born, there will be many choices for Teyla--does she give it to Kanan to be raised Athosian? Does she keep it in Atlantis? Does she go back to Athos? And she and Kanan will always have a connection, so it seems like that will be a part of the story for a while.

In the meantime, Elizabeth is coming back in a whole new, cool capacity. Though I don't believe these PTB will EVER embrace an on-screen romance, I think S5 could present a whole new face to this relationship--and while I won't jump for joy until I hear that Torri's back and for how long, I have hope it'll be the best chance we've seen thus far.

Is it me or does the last pic look like they've had the same food? *giggles much*
              They both love Key Lime pie. Awe. Too bad she didn't eat most of hers.
              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Ok
                No Cash poster
                No surfboard
                Missing lamp
                Picture has been changed & moved

Yes I cheated!
                sig made by me

Comment

Try again.
                  *raspberries*

Here's a present. How about a Sparky poster contest?

sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
                    Okay. Certainly the watch and the picture.

Right eye crying
                    Umm, does he normally wear sweet shirts?
                    View from window. I’m sure something’s up with that?
                    Since you've guessed all items correctly, I can now say what was manipped:

Tear
                    Watch
                    Picture

PM with your sig choice

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                      Ok
                      No Cash poster
                      No surfboard
                      Missing lamp
                      Picture has been changed & moved

Yes I cheated!

BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Tear
                        Watch
                        Picture

PM with your sig choice
                        WAHHH
                        I didn't win!

Alright next one! I love this game!
                        sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                          *snip*

As for Season 5
                          Spoiler:
                          AH! I see so much potential! Whatever the storyline may be, the first time John SEES HER (and she's gotta be real, even if they play she's a clone, the real Elizabeth is around somewhere--I don't buy making multiple copies with the real deal killed offscreen). But when he sees her, believing she was dead--goodness, that's gonna be good. That might be worth the entire season right there.

I'm hoping for more than a two-parter...the way that Gero mentioned, it seems like it might be a running storyline, so more than two episodes. And with the 100th episode at the end of the season, I'm hoping that will also include her.

They could have gone a million directions with Teyla's pregnancy, but they opted to create an Athosian beau for her that she's now desperate to find. When the baby is born, there will be many choices for Teyla--does she give it to Kanan to be raised Athosian? Does she keep it in Atlantis? Does she go back to Athos? And she and Kanan will always have a connection, so it seems like that will be a part of the story for a while.

In the meantime, Elizabeth is coming back in a whole new, cool capacity. Though I don't believe these PTB will EVER embrace an on-screen romance, I think S5 could present a whole new face to this relationship--and while I won't jump for joy until I hear that Torri's back and for how long, I have hope it'll be the best chance we've seen thus far.

Spoiler:
                          She said in an old interview that's been on MGM that she wouldn't do regular again in s5, only one or two eps. But I agree, it will be worth seeing John's expression. (let's face it, JF does great angst and shock )

I think I have a plotbunny. *facepalm* #5789460. Not that I count.

Comment

Tear
                            Watch
                            Picture

PM with your sig choice
                            Ooo, me won. Oh, umm let me get back to you on that.
                            BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post

muwahahahahahahh I like him
                              sig made by me

Comment

Tear
                                Watch
                                Picture

PM with your sig choice
                                Something from Progeny/The Real World plzzzz. Tnx.
                                BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Working...
                                X