No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I kinda feel bad for the Sheylas- at least even though all that happened to Elizabeth, episodes like Adrift, Lifeline and TMC *confirmed* how deeply Shep cares about her. He goes on this emotional rollercoaster and it's clear how devastated he is. Whereas with Teyla pregnant and all and supposedly in love with the dude, and Shep totally oblivious to her pregnancy, then not even being jealous or caring about it other than how it affects her as a team mate...ouch for them.

I haven't seen BAMSR- which is Torri's fourth? If anyone's in a chatty mood, I'd appreciate a PM because I'm dying to find out what happens with her. Pretty please?
    'I am frightened that the flame of hate will burn me
    will scorch my pride, scar my heart
    It will burn and I cannot put it out...'

Sig by Falcon Horus- thank you!

my LJ of squee *myspace of angst * my fic of random

My OTP forever, by Stef, who is awesome:
    Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by borgprincess View Post
      I kinda feel bad for the Sheylas- at least even though all that happened to Elizabeth, episodes like Adrift, Lifeline and TMC *confirmed* how deeply Shep cares about her. He goes on this emotional rollercoaster and it's clear how devastated he is. Whereas with Teyla pregnant and all and supposedly in love with the dude, and Shep totally oblivious to her pregnancy, then not even being jealous or caring about it other than how it affects her as a team mate...ouch for them.

I haven't seen BAMSR- which is Torri's fourth? If anyone's in a chatty mood, I'd appreciate a PM because I'm dying to find out what happens with her. Pretty please?
      Yeah, I'm not anti any ships, and I've had something similar happen to another couple from another show. It stinks. There's always hope, I've only had one OTP completely destroyed (and there's always fanfic and non-canon), but stuff like that kind of storyline dampens the enthusiasm a bit.

I'll PM you...I've gotten the first free time in what seems like months, and I'm taking advantage of it.
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Hello Fellow Sparkies!

WOW - busy thread! I'm loving all the Sparky activity - this is GREAT!

Here's what I posted on JM's blog tonight...it's not Sparkyish, but I still wanted to share...
        Spoiler:

To Joe & the Bridge Studios Crew -

First - THANK YOU for not killing off Elizabeth. See, I'm one of the many Elizabeth fans who feel that the Elizabeth who will show up in Season 5 is the real Elizabeth. =)

Second - THANK YOU for confirming that Elizabeth will be back in Season 5. I'm very excited to know we'll get to see Torri again next Season. Although I'm very sad she's gone for the rest of this season. I've missed her a lot this year.

Third - I just want to express my hopes that Elizabeth's role for Season 5 is as an ally to Atlantis, not an enemy. Actually, my first preference would be that she come home to the team. Bottom line, please allow her to be a friend and ally to Atlantis. I really couldn't bear it if she were turned into an enemy.

Fourth - I would absolutely love it if Torri came back for a lot more than 4 episodes next season! Full-time would be awesome. She is such an amazing contributor to the cast, it would be a shame to only see her a handful of times.

It sounds like BAMSR was well received. I plan to post my full thoughts on the ep in the GW thread (as many have already done).

Again, thank you for giving Weir fans hope. This Weir fan appreciates it very much.

There are some Weir fans out there who are taking the hints about Weir a lot more cautiously than I am. Some are in the "I'll wait and see" camp, hoping for some concrete confirmation from Torri or some more news about the kind of role she'll play next Season. I think, for some, there's been a lot of water go under that bridge, so they aren't so sure they want to get their hopes up yet. I understand and respect how they could feel that way.

So, if there is any way to continue to provide tidbits about Torri and Season 5, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
        SMB_BOOKS
        SEW Crew Member
        www.saveelizabethweir.com

Now, I know some of you are a bit excited about the "Liz in Leather" possibilities for Sparky. Don't get me wrong, a few eps where Liz catches John off guard, proves her dominance and is all strong and commanding would be great - I just don't want her evil or an enemy. To me, that would be hard to watch.

Anyone got any good screen caps from those last 10 seconds of BAMSR with Elizabeth looking AWESOME?
        sigpic
        Signature by Erin87

Comment

Hey, hasn't anyone noticed? We've passed 53,000 posts! Go us!

And it's on the same day that we found out that
          Spoiler:
          BAMSR is NOT the end of the Weir saga. Elizabeth's alive in Season 5, baby! Stick that in your pipes and smoke it, you heinous anti-Weirs!

Sorry, just had to gloat for a bit. Moving on...

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
          That would be very soap opera like. And very wrong. Who goes pining after someone who's knocked up by someone else, who she's done the whole "I will find him" over??? That's just wrong!
          Especially when that someone who's "supposedly" pining over the someone who's knocked up by someone else has also done the whole "I will find her" thing about a certain someone who's missing and presumed dead (but really isn't, haha, you suckers on Atlantis fell for it! ). Soap opera, indeed.

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
          Ah TRL -- when he's INSIDE her bedroom in her dreams. "What do you want" -
          Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
          *remember John popping out of her bed*
          Oh yeah... TRW takes sexual subext to a whole new level.

If you look at John's big episode in s3, Common Ground, Elizabeth also has a huge part in it. If it's John or Elizabeth's episode the other one is almost always featured prominently. You just can't have John without Elizabeth, it's just wrong.
          Exactly. They are the mom and dad of Atlantis. Splitting them up causes the universe to implode.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
          But I've always appreciated Kolya as an enemy because he knew about John and Elizabeth from the start. His face in "The Eye", right after he tells Sheppard Elizabeth's alive, and Sheppard goes "I want to speak with her"--he does this little side look that's like "Hrm. Obviously this guy loves her."

And in "Irresponsible", when he's got Sheppard and team captive again, and (I think it's) John who tells him he won't get anything from Atlantis, Kolya's like "I won't test Doctor Weir again."

Kolya knew what was going on. Leave it to the villains to have the most insight.
          I miss Kolya. He was probably the best single villain on the show. And TPTB killed him off in a really stupid way, too. They really need to learn to stop doing that.

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
          The balcony scenes are the best. The use of Carter in balcony scenes has been awkward. Just not right.
          Like hearing fingernails scraping across a chalkboard. *shudders* I keep wanting her to get blown off the balcony by a huge gust of wind...

I'd like to line up the characters who figured out the relationship thing before anyone else did. Seems like some of the enemies and secondary characters have known for a while. Caldwell comes to mind in "Conversion".
          So, we've got Kolya and Caldwell. Who else?

We may have some jealousy, but I'm more inclined to think, with how they handled the set up of the pregnancy, that it'll be more 'protective' than 'romantic'.

The writers had the option of making Teyla's pregnancy be a one night stand, or even to give allusion to the idea it could have been an 'on base' romance, but they didn't. But they chose to make her baby have an Athosian father, and not only that, one she cares about--enough to talk about him candidly to Ronan in their off-time, and confess to Keller her strong feelings. One thing I picked up from the scene in BAMSR is that

Spoiler:
          Ronan knew immediately it was Kanan, and John had no idea she was even seeing anyone. Kind of speaks of the level of personal interaction they have with each other.

As the pregnancy progresses (and the hunt for the Athosians) it'll get more complicated, probably, but keeping the father Athosian means Teyla will always have a tie to him, even further into the next season. Given how TPTB don't really like to delve into romance, I don't think we'll see much 'John Pining' stuff.

Especially if they bring back Lizzie back in Leather.
          Yeah, I think if anything, BAMSR was more
          Spoiler:
          Teyla/Ronon than Sheyla. She's clearly more comfortable confiding in Ronon about her personal life (with the exception of the pregnancy itself) than with John. It's just reinforcing what we've already seen of Teyla's discomfort about such matters with John, such as her squicking out over that kiss in "Conversion" and her nightmare about buggy!Shep in "Doppelganger."

And yeah, once John sees Lizzie in leather, it's game over.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

<Snipped for Lenght

Yeah, I think if anything, BAMSR was more
            Spoiler:
            Teyla/Ronon than Sheyla. She's clearly more comfortable confiding in Ronon about her personal life (with the exception of the pregnancy itself) than with John. It's just reinforcing what we've already seen of Teyla's discomfort about such matters with John, such as her squicking out over that kiss in "Conversion" and her nightmare about buggy!Shep in "Doppelganger."

And yeah, once John sees Lizzie in leather, it's game over.
            Spoiler:
            Think he will faint? or Pass out from Lizzy's Hawtness?"
            Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
            Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              I think they equate sexual tension with anger/fighting. Remember what they said on the commentary for HZ. That the stick fight was supposed to show sexual tension. Maybe it's a guy thing. I dunno. So in BAMSR
              Spoiler:
              I suppose John's dressing Teyla down like any good commander would have was their feeble attempt once again to show how much he looooovvveeesss her. Even though she is pregnant with another man's child and just told him how much she wants to find the guy.
              Color me puzzled.
              Oh yeah I forgot, boys thing hitting is hot.

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
              Hello Fellow Sparkies!

WOW - busy thread! I'm loving all the Sparky activity - this is GREAT!

Here's what I posted on JM's blog tonight...it's not Sparkyish, but I still wanted to share...
              Spoiler:

To Joe & the Bridge Studios Crew -

First - THANK YOU for not killing off Elizabeth. See, I'm one of the many Elizabeth fans who feel that the Elizabeth who will show up in Season 5 is the real Elizabeth. =)

Second - THANK YOU for confirming that Elizabeth will be back in Season 5. I'm very excited to know we'll get to see Torri again next Season. Although I'm very sad she's gone for the rest of this season. I've missed her a lot this year.

Third - I just want to express my hopes that Elizabeth's role for Season 5 is as an ally to Atlantis, not an enemy. Actually, my first preference would be that she come home to the team. Bottom line, please allow her to be a friend and ally to Atlantis. I really couldn't bear it if she were turned into an enemy.

Fourth - I would absolutely love it if Torri came back for a lot more than 4 episodes next season! Full-time would be awesome. She is such an amazing contributor to the cast, it would be a shame to only see her a handful of times.

It sounds like BAMSR was well received. I plan to post my full thoughts on the ep in the GW thread (as many have already done).

Again, thank you for giving Weir fans hope. This Weir fan appreciates it very much.

There are some Weir fans out there who are taking the hints about Weir a lot more cautiously than I am. Some are in the "I'll wait and see" camp, hoping for some concrete confirmation from Torri or some more news about the kind of role she'll play next Season. I think, for some, there's been a lot of water go under that bridge, so they aren't so sure they want to get their hopes up yet. I understand and respect how they could feel that way.

So, if there is any way to continue to provide tidbits about Torri and Season 5, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
              SMB_BOOKS
              SEW Crew Member
              www.saveelizabethweir.com

Now, I know some of you are a bit excited about the "Liz in Leather" possibilities for Sparky. Don't get me wrong, a few eps where Liz catches John off guard, proves her dominance and is all strong and commanding would be great - I just don't want her evil or an enemy. To me, that would be hard to watch.

Anyone got any good screen caps from those last 10 seconds of BAMSR with Elizabeth looking AWESOME?
              You should be our spokesperson. You are so polite

Hey, hasn't anyone noticed? We've passed 53,000 posts! Go us!
              Really I didn't even notice

Lorne, oo, Zelenka(after watching Adrift), I say Teyla because of the line in Home. Heee.
              sigpic
              My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Lorne, oo, Zelenka(after watching Adrift), I say Teyla because of the line in Home. Heee.
                Totally forgot Sam, too--she knows, after Lifeline.

Comment

what are we talking about? lol

Comment

I miss Kolya too. I like to think of him out there in some alternate universe, plotting villainous deeds. Aaaanyway, let's see...

We've got both Carson and Keller treating them like each other's next of kin (in Conversion and Adrift/Lifeline, whichever one it was since I still refuse to watch them). Of course, I like to think John's entire team knows, but I'm not sure how based in reality that actually is. Rodney knows that John is the only one that Elizabeth will listen to sometimes (eg Trinity). Actually, Ford did too judging by The Lost Boys when he chose not to drug his food. Oh, and in that same episode when Lorne is all "Weir's not going to be happy about this" when they can't find the team? I think he definitely knows too. I'd say that Woolsey probably knows too, based on how John defended Elizabeth's honor during his interview with him, but he strikes me as being the kind of person who would be totally oblivious, so maybe not.

I've gotta be missing people. Who else?

Sparky on youtube

Comment

Ooh, that's a good one for Teyla. I feel like Teyla would know just because that's the sort of thing that she would know. If that makes any sense. And Ronon would know because she would tell him.

Sparky on youtube

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
                        what are we talking about? lol
                        Which of the other characters (guest stars and main ones figured out the Sparkyness).

We've got:

Kolya: From "The Eye"--when Sheppard asks to talk to Weir, and he gives that long look over at Elizabeth. Further affirmed in his constant reappearances.
                        Caldwell: From "Conversion"--the "you and he are close, aren't you?" line.
                        Carson from Conversion
                        Keller from Adrift (she saw him tear up!)
                        Woolsey from "Misbegotten" (I'd say so)
                        Sam: From "Lifeline" (the "I'll find her" line)
                        Lorne: from ?
                        Zelenka: Adrift (though I'd have to go back and see if it could have been earlier)

As for the regular characters--I'll let others speculate, since there are so many instances they're sure to have noticed.

Comment

ahh ig et it now, thankies!

hmmm, i'll have to think about that...

i have to go out, ill be on later

Comment

Lorne: from ?
                            Zelenka: Adrift (though I'd have to go back and see if it could have been earlier)
                            I'd say Lorne figured it out in "Lost Boys" for sure, if not earlier. Like "Condemned" when he had to bring Lizzie to save the John.

Comment

Originally posted by oparu View Post
                              I'd say Lorne figured it out in "Lost Boys" for sure, if not earlier. Like "Condemned" when he had to bring Lizzie to save the John.
                              True...I'll have to watch his face! I have no problem staring at Kavan Smith, tho.

Comment

Time to go down memory lane

Lizzie is touching John
                                sigpic
                                My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Working...
                                X