Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by belanna30 View Post
    I think John would consider following her to make sure she is OK. He jumped into the isolation zone with the nanites just to touch her. Don't you think he'd be worried that she may not be able to take care of herself on her own?

Here's a better question....

We know that Elizabeth hugged John after he got back alive in the Siege. Under what scenario do you think TPTB would ACTUALLY show John hugging Elizabeth in the same "concerned friend" manner.
    Frankly, I don't see TPTB ever writing another hug between them after what happened the first time. Does anybody else remember how they sent Martin Gero out to explain that "sometimes a hug is just a hug" and how later Teyla was supposed to hug Carson but they chickened out and changed it. They are a bit ship paranoid for anything that doesn't fit their agenda. They have always had to force people to see things their way. It certainly doesn't come naturally if you have both eyes on the screen. IMHO of course.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by belanna30 View Post
      I think John would consider following her to make sure she is OK. He jumped into the isolation zone with the nanites just to touch her. Don't you think he'd be worried that she may not be able to take care of herself on her own?

Here's a better question....

We know that Elizabeth hugged John after he got back alive in the Siege. Under what scenario do you think TPTB would ACTUALLY show John hugging Elizabeth in the same "concerned friend" manner.
      I think if she was really distressed over something that he couldn't help with in any other way, then he would probably move in as close as possible with out touching and lean in to give support. He probably would eventually touch her shoulder or arm. I just don't see John as a touchy person.

To give a real hug it might be right after he discovers she is alive but she is still in distress. He might grab her without realizing what he is doing and just crush her to him.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
        I think if she was really distressed over something that he couldn't help with in any other way, then he would probably move in as close as possible with out touching and lean in to give support. He probably would eventually touch her shoulder or arm. I just don't see John as a touchy person.

To give a real hug it might be right after he discovers she is alive but she is still in distress. He might grab her without realizing what he is doing and just crush her to him.
        We've never seen John just lose control of his emotions have we? That would be a moment.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          We've never seen John just lose control of his emotions have we? That would be a moment.
          TS/TE comes to mind w/ him losing some control. Or be visibly angry anyway.
          sig made by me

Comment

We have seen come close in TS and TE and in Misbegotten over Woolsey. He plays emotions very close to the vest and it would take a big incident to make them surface without control.

We did see a bit of it in TRW and in Adrift with Rodney.

*waits impatiently*
            sigpic

Comment

TS/TE moment was the closest thing we saw. He was nearly mad when Kolya told him she was dead.

Imagine this:

Spoiler:
              him seeing her die in some way, but then finding out it was her double, or some kind of false memory. With everything he is going through now I think actually seeing with his own eyes that he had lost her - would completely break him.

But then if he found out she was alive - standing in front of him in flesh and blood, I think he would hug her as if it was the end of the world.

Oh yes... I'm also sucker for happily ended angst.
              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Spoiler:
                Everything happening could be a false reality like you say. Remember the end of the trailer we see the replicator moving it’s hand from Sheppard’s forehead in the Puddle Jumper.

Oh no. Sorry that was the original trailer.
                BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Squeee... Sci-Fi hasn't forgotten Elizabeth. Checkout the desktops.

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/downloads/desktops/
                  BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                    We have seen come close in TS and TE and in Misbegotten over Woolsey. He plays emotions very close to the vest and it would take a big incident to make them surface without control.

We did see a bit of it in TRW and in Adrift with Rodney.

*waits impatiently*
                    Oh I know about those and also the way he almost cries in several S4 eps. I mean losing control in a good way, hugging someone or telling them he loves them. He always turns it into a joke, especially with Rodney. With Elizabeth he just gets quiet, uses that special voice and looks at her really intently.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
                      Squeee... Sci-Fi hasn't forgotten Elizabeth. Checkout the desktops.

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/downloads/desktops/
                      I love them all, especially the one with John. There's something about that expression on his face. he isn't happy. He wants somebody back!

Somebody caption this!

Comment

Oh I know about those and also the way he almost cries in several S4 eps. I mean losing control in a good way, hugging someone or telling them he loves them. He always turns it into a joke, especially with Rodney. With Elizabeth he just gets quiet, uses that special voice and looks at her really intently.
                        That's a good point there. To me this precisely is very significant - he reacts differently when around her, as if there is no need to pretend he doesn't care. I think that on some deep level he knows she can see through his masks, just as he can see through hers. Like somebody said not so long ago, they are like perfectly tuned instruments. I also think he tries not to hurt her, and he might not be so careful with rest of them. One way or another, he singles her out by the way he reacts. That is one of the main reasons I ship them.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                          I love them all, especially the one with John. There's something about that expression on his face. he isn't happy. He wants somebody back!

E= Anuna wants another caption contest.
                          J= Well obviously she knows we are intelligent people who say interesting things

E= Actually I think she just us to talk smut!
                          sigpic

Comment

I think it's about time for me to run away from here!

*runs*

Comment

new wallpaper hope you like it .. i was in a bit of a winter-mood
                              feedback is love!

http://pics.livejournal.com/suehsi/pic/0006qzdr

Comment

Originally posted by Torri View Post
                                new wallpaper hope you like it .. i was in a bit of a winter-mood
                                feedback is love!

http://pics.livejournal.com/suehsi/pic/0006qzdr
                                Okay, I might just stick around a little longer - I LOVE it!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X