No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished watching Mel's Angel video-- fantastic! Is that song from a movie? Sounds familiar...?

Confession: I was a S/T shipper in the beginning (I know, I know) but then I saw the light, lol.

I, too, liked the scene in Sanctuary with the whole ambassador speech. I think it showed Teyla and John's friendship well, sort of like they tease each other like brother/sister.

And welcome newbies!

Comment

Originally posted by Tomcatter
      Just finished watching Mel's Angel video-- fantastic! Is that song from a movie? Sounds familiar...?
      Thanks! I don't know if it was from a movie. Maybe Athena knows; she's more familiar with Massive Attack than I am. But it was used in the West Wing episode "Commencement", when
      Spoiler:
      Zoey was kidnapped.
      That's where I first heard it.
      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
      Last update: 14 April 2006
      Melyanna's Multimedia
      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

However, I disagree that any rules have been broken, or that anyone has been bashing Rachel Luttrell.

I agree. I do not think anyone in this tread has gone too far with their comments. We were simply commenting on some PUBLIC statemnet made in a magazine with doubtful credibility. No offense to RL at all.

Anyway, getting back to ShWeir, I think the writers have established that Shep and Weir have an emotional connection. For example, in the "Defiant One" Weir sent out the rescue team early, despite the misgivings of some of the team because she sensed Shep (and the others) were in danger. I also think its important that it was Weir who insisted the team go and not Teyla.

As for S2 hopes, (as others have noted) I hope Weir will have a chance to confide in Shep about the difficulties of being leader, and the new enviromental changes after Siege I and II. Also, more balcony scenes!

Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Thanks for the welcome!

Was it my imagination or did John glance at Elizabeth's lips for a second after the briefing in the beginning of the episode?

stargatecaps.com

Comment

Did a bit of digging on google and it's from the movie 'Snatch' (great film btw)

Toaster, I repped you bc it's nice to see that people care enough to issue warnings of caution, and instead of being obnoxious about it, you were very polite. Thank you
            I have to agree with Mel. I have seen nothing here that would qualify as bashing. What i have seen is thoughtful discussion which is one of the reasons i like this thread. Yes we can have fun, but we can also have serious disscussions that IMHO show a variety of well-based opinions and can be productive/thought-provoking in others.
            I did not intend to offend anybody and apologise if i have done. I'd like to reiterate that i think RL is doing a great job on Atlantis and look forward to seeing more of her in S2....and of course lots more of JohnLiz too

Comment

Mel, I never said that the comments actually broke the rules. I said that some comments may have bordered on breaking the rules. Whether or not comments break rules are up to the mods, and as you can see I'm not a mod.

That wasn't the point of my post anyway. It's not a "guys, snap into shape or I'll sic the mods on you because you're breaking the rules" post. Rather, it was more of a "guys, some people were upset by recent comments here so please be conscious of what you say" post. That's all.

Carry on.

Comment

Found this link on the SciFi message boards. It's ShWeir anyway lol,

http://stargate-sg1.hu/atlantis/john...Art_by_Lexie#?

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Just wanted to say it's great to see a new batch of newbies and have the thread moving faster again...although i doubt i'll be able to keep up once S2 starts

Great to see all the new vids aswell. Big round of applause to all the talented people!

Comment

There's a fanfic story I read during season 1 of SGA. It's a Shep/Weir story of course.

I just can't remember what it's called or who it's by. What I remember is John came to Liz's room one evening. She's in her pjs and in the course of conversation he proposes to her. When she accepts he takes her by the hand to find the Chaplin and get married that very evening. Once the chaplin is found Rodney wanders in in his pjs as does the rest of the team eventually.

It was a cute story I wanted to read again. Does this ring a bell for anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by SGLAB
                      There's a fanfic story I read during season 1 of SGA. It's a Shep/Weir story of course.

I just can't remember what it's called or who it's by. What I remember is John came to Liz's room one evening. She's in her pjs and in the course of conversation he proposes to her. When she accepts he takes her by the hand to find the Chaplin and get married that very evening. Once the chaplin is found Rodney wanders in in his pjs as does the rest of the team eventually.

It was a cute story I wanted to read again. Does this ring a bell for anyone?
                      Pretty sure that was one of mine, SGLAB. Did Rodney wander in with a bowl of popcorn? Anyway, if that's the one you're thinking of, it was "Impromtu", one of a series of vignettes. Here's the whole series:

Peace Tonight
                      Moondance
                      In the Details
                      Impromptu
                      Watch by Night
                      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                      Last update: 14 April 2006
                      Melyanna's Multimedia
                      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Royal_Nonesuch
                        [i] I think the writers have established that Shep and Weir have an emotional connection.
                        I agree. I have noticed that as well.

And this was the pic I wanted to post earlier.

From LFP

Comment

Oo i think i've read that series Guess i'll have to go back and re-read it just to make sure

I've just read a really good fic over at ff ~Shackled by Angel Leviathan It's a WIP but there's already 9 parts up so if you arent reading it i'd heartedly suggest starting now.

ANother good fic ~Destiny by Whistler84

Comment

Originally posted by Tomcatter

Confession: I was a S/T shipper in the beginning (I know, I know) but then I saw the light, lol.
                            I remember when you were writing your fic, you hadn't decided and then you kind of wrote yourself into it.

And if it worked for you, it'll work for other writers.

you see, it just makes so much dramatic sense...

Comment

Happy 4th of July to everyone in the U.S.

stargatecaps.com

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                                A request:

This thread is not the most accomodating to Shep/Teyla. That's understandable considering the subject of the thread.

This thread is also not the most accomodating to Teyla. That's too bad, but I guess it can't be avoided on some level.

Unfortunately, recent posts have made some negative comments about Rachel, not Teyla. Speculation that her enthusiasm is making her hallucinate, that she's pushing her own shipping agenda, and that she has a crush on JF is just that; speculation, and potentially negative speculation at that. Such things disrespect the actress and border on being a GW no-no. Imagine how Rachel's fans might feel reading that. I'm sure fans here wouldn't like similar things said about Joe or Torri, and I for one would be peeved if we were talking about David. Heck, imagine how Rachel herself might feel if she actually came into this thread. The last thing I'd want to do, and I'd imagine anyone here would want to do, is upset an actor directly connected to the show, even if they didn't like the actor's character.

Posts that talk about Teyla or Shep/Teyla fans are also potentially dangerous. It's certainly safe to assume that Teyla fans like Teyla and S/T fans like that ship, but assumptions beyond that can get iffy. Trying to lump all fans into one category or taking the actions of a few to represent the many could upset those fans. Imagine how you'd feel if such things were said about Weir fans or Shep/Weir fans. Such posts have the potential to lead to a fan/ship war, which I know many people in here have actively spoken against in the past. While I wouldn't be on either side of that "war", I'd hate to have that hurt the SGA fandom in any way.

So please enjoy your ship with all your might, support Joe and Torri, but use extreme caution when talking about actual actors or fans. Such things can intentionally or unintentionally hurt feelings and that's the last thing I want to see happen on GW.

Thank you.
                                I always think really carefully before I send my posts. I try not to comment about other fans, I have however, done an informal fanfic survey of how Teyla is protrayed by fanfic writers so what I wrote about the fanfic profile of Teyla is based on that.

I've even posted in the Teyla appreciation thread to say to Teyla fans how I'd like to see Teyla protrayed.

I feel, you've kind of lumped us all into particular corrall where we've all been bashing Rachel and Teyla fans. In fact, when I read back over the replies the worst I have read is that Rachel might be a "ditz" - hardly hugely insulting and that she might have a crush on JF in real life (speculation which I add is not appropriate) which if you then read subsequent posts was self-moderated by others in the thread. In addition, I've also read many positive comments about Rachel and her acting ability. I've read much worse about Torri and Weir! FP's comments on Teyla fans was clearly her view of them and again although it might have been coloured by her viewpoint did not offer any judgement. I actually feel that your post was inappropriate.

I'm sorry if Teyla fans find even small things like this offensive, but I get uncomfortable at the thought of being "censored" i.e. I am not allowed to dislike how a character is protrayed neither am I allowed to disagree with an actor's view of situation or perhaps question it.
                                Last edited by astronomicalchick; 04 July 2005, 01:52 PM. Reason: To clarify that insinuating crushes is not appropriate

Comment

Working...
                                X