No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When a certain scene makes my brain pause, the script is the last thing I think about - it's usually the *OMGOMG* feeling that takes over. The first time my brain had to play some catch up was when I saw "The Rising" for the first time; and she held up the bottle and looked towards John. There are more moments in The Rising after that one, that simply make characters gravitate towards each other, and from the moment #1 the bond is created between them.
    The Storm /The Eye made my brain pause at several different moments, making me go "squeee" at "Are you okay - No - But you will be, come on" exchange.
    Siege 3 hug is probbably my favorite moment for Sparky. it was unexpected, so sencire, emotional and intensive.... simply perfect! I can never have enough of that hug!

*sigh*

EDIT: I just finished my fic!! Can't believe it! *is both happy and sad*
    Anjirika, now it's up to you Correct that awful grammar of mine fast
    Last edited by Anuna; 04 July 2007, 11:44 AM.
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      When a certain scene makes my brain pause, the script is the last thing I think about - it's usually the *OMGOMG* feeling that takes over. The first time my brain had to play some catch up was when I saw "The Rising" for the first time; and she held up the bottle and looked towards John. There are more moments in The Rising after that one, that simply make characters gravitate towards each other, and from the moment #1 the bond is created between them.
      The Storm /The Eye made my brain pause at several different moments, making me go "squeee" at "Are you okay - No - But you will be, come on" exchange.
      Siege 3 hug is probbably my favorite moment for Sparky. it was unexpected, so sencire, emotional and intensive.... simply perfect! I can never have enough of that hug!

*sigh*

^_^ I know what you mean hun about them being so drawn together- from the very beginning too... and I mean I love shows with obvious ships and Sparky was totally obvious to me after 38 minutes and solidified after The Eye and Seige II/III.... ^_^

And since no one replied to this, I'll post it again.... is there anyone here going to Polaris 21 this weekend!?
      sigpic
      Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
      |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

*sigh*

I completely forgot about The Storm/The Eye! [headdesk] So. Stupid.
        The Seige III hug showed a real raw moment for these two. Elizabeth's reaction to his return was so unguarded, so real. In that moment, I loved that she wasn't worried about keeping some level of professionalism. She was just so overjoyed to see him alive!

You've probably post a link before, but I'm too lazy to look. Would you PM me the link to your story, Anuna?
        Last edited by JesterDala; 04 July 2007, 01:22 PM.

fanfiction.net/~JesterDala

Comment

Sadly, not me! *sniff* But I did left you something at your e mail inbox. *nudges Anjirika*

Comment

I'm too much in an unthinkable mood to actually discuss properly my favourite moments, so I'm gonna just pic spam of some of my fave moments instead

Spoiler:

FTR my favourite overall Sparky eps are: TS/TE, Conversion and The Real World But the beauty of this ship is that there are so many cute little moments dotted all around different episodes as well.

EDIT: what a great way to use my 1,500 post lol

livejournal l My Heroes l Shep l Elizabeth l Rodney l Michael l Smile!
            ~You are who you choose to be~

Comment

Sazz, my favorite screencap from that scene from your first pic is Elizabeth's reaction to John's joke about wraith puberty.

A lot of people talk about the scene in The Eye when John thinks Elizabeth is dead, but I really love the scene when he finds out she's alive and he speaks to her over the radio briefly. The emotion that was coming from him was just amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by SGLAB View Post
                Sazz, my favorite screencap from that scene from your first pic is Elizabeth's reaction to John's joke about wraith puberty.

A lot of people talk about the scene in The Eye when John thinks Elizabeth is dead, but I really love the scene when he finds out she's alive and he speaks to her over the radio briefly. The emotion that was coming from him was just amazing.
                He is so excited he forgets about Rodney completely!! "Elizabeth is alive? Let me talk to her!!" And who cares about poor ol' Rod...
                Yeah, he sooooo loves her.

*beatles kick in*

"Love, love, love... all you need is love!"

Comment

Originally posted by SGLAB View Post
                  Yeah that is such a cute little moment I think John just likes to make Elizabeth smile sometimes. Who can blame him really, because she has a lovely smile.

Actually, I sort of agree there.
                  It's almost like in The Siege Pt 3. The hug was great but two of the best moments are when they aren't together. The bit where she first realises he is alive..

E: John?
                  J: How many other 'Sheppards' do you know?

and the bit after the darts torpedo the city

E: We're still here. That's our status.
                  J: Don't scare me like that.

The second one there is my favourite. Just to see the relief on his face realising that she (and everyone else) is alive.

My favourite scene from The Eye though is definitely the bit in front of the gate when he comes to her rescue and shoots Kolya. I love everything about the scene.

Comment

I love that dedly glare he gives Kolya. "I'm not aiming at her!" Ooooh! i have to watch that again!!!

Comment

*beatles kick in*

"Love, love, love... all you need is love!"
                      Heehee I'm listening to the Beach Boys right now. They have some great songs that could be considered to be a bit Sparky.
                      I'm listening to 'Darlin' right now

Spoiler:
                      Don't know if words can say
                      But darlin' I'll find a way
                      To let you know what you meant to me
                      Guess it was meant to be
                      I hold you in my heart
                      As life's most precious part

Oh darlin'
                      I dream about you often my pretty darlin'
                      (Darlin' you're so fine)
                      I love the way you soften my life with your love
                      Your precious love uh huh oh

I was living like half a man
                      Then I couldn't love but now I can
                      You pick me up when I'm feeling sad
                      More soul than I ever had
                      Gonna love you every single night
                      Cause I think you're too outta sight

I love that dedly glare he gives Kolya. "I'm not aiming at her!" Ooooh! i have to watch that again!!!
                      I might go watch it now actually
                      I was going to anyway for a John/Elizabeth/Rodney fix...might as well now I need the Sparky fix as well

Comment

I made sure that TS/TE was the first episode (er, episodes...) that my friend saw. Seeing just how fantastic the plots in the show can be and how sincere John and Elizabeth are about each other's safety turned her onto the show.

She's been a loyal viewer ever since.

[/success story]

fanfiction.net/~JesterDala

Comment

Anuna! Why. WHY! did you leave your latest chapter like this Boo your cliffhangers

lol but this was definitly a good chapter

Spoiler:
                          “Holy ****,” (Rodney)

I can just imagine this face
                          sigpic
                          My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Olivia001 View Post
                            Anuna! Why. WHY! did you leave your latest chapter like this Boo your cliffhangers

lol but this was definitly a good chapter

Spoiler:
                            “Holy ****,” (Rodney)

I can just imagine this face
                            Is currently ROTFLHAO. That Mckay pic!!!! OMG, just too funny.

What I think is a really reliable sign about the EJ relatioship is the balcony scenes. At first, when Elizabeth was on the balcony and she heard someone come out, she'd istantly straighten and be all professional, then it was just a look to see it was John and she turn back to look out over the ocean, and now she doesn't even look, she just knows.

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
                            I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
                            Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Originally posted by SazZat View Post
                              But the beauty of this ship is that there are so many cute little moments dotted all around different episodes as well.
                              And that makes it oh so hard to pick a favorite episode. I mean I LOVE the hug but is it my favorite sparky episode. Then there is Misgotten, with the cute "are you defending my honor" scene and the eyesex but then omg TRW, and John being there for Elizabeth. I can't decide.
                              sigpic
                              My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                                Okay, question time: What are your top 3 all time favorite Sparky episodes and why?
                                1. Seige 2 - The look at the end said it all. John was about to die and they both knew it. What they both felt was there during that eye contact and the emotional impact of that moment gets me every time.

2. The Long Goodbye - Not really because of the kiss , but more for the fact that as far as John knew, these aliens were married so he had to know there was a chance at the very least of a kiss between them, maybe more.

3. The Real World - Here we get how important John is to Elizabeth. He is the one who breaks into her coma, the only one she hears. And we see John, who hovers over her the entire time (didn't he have a city to run?). There's also the ultimate act of risking his life. It's different this time because usually he's sort of in control, i.e. flying a jumper where his skills give him a good chance. If he gets infected with nannites, his goose is cooked.

It's hard to pick favorite episodes since nothing beats our Sparky!
                                sigpic
                                sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Working...
                                X