Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    SR is throwing a challenge at me!!!

First photo - body language (his body language - OMG he is so bad at hiding it!!!) says, no, screams, "Yeah we just did it!!" I think I don't have to point out just what is she looking at.

Third photo - just look at his expression - the calm, reliable, comforting "Don't worry, I've got you, you are safe" face. *double dies*

Allow me to tell you something bit off topic. I enjoyed the dancing competition last night. It was standard and latin dances, and both childern and grown ups competed. The winners in childern latin competition were like 8 years old and they were the cutest thing imaginable!!! They were from Italy, but there was a couple from Czech Repubilc too (try to imagine my grin!!!). The winners in latin competition was the croatian couple (God, they were hot); and the winners in standard was a couple from Slovenia (made me think of Celcool instantly!).
    The whole time I was thinking about Atlantis dancing competition. Would John and Liz do better in standard dances (like waltz, tango, quickstep) or latin (like samba, rumba, passo double)? What do you think? I think John is totally waltz/tango type (Elizabeth could dance just about anything and she would look great in any kind of dress!! One more reason why would John suck in latin dances - if Lizzie would wear one of those glittered ultra mini dresses he would probbably forget his own name, let alone dancing.).
    I actually prefer latin dances - girls, have you ever watched that?? - but I think John would be awful in swaying his hips. But I bet McKay would be great at it!!! LOL
    John is very graceful, what with the surfing and the skateboarding he must have good balance. So I think he'd be very good at the waltz and maybe even some of the Latin dances. But I think the problem would come in with him not being able to let go. He seems conscious of not embarassing himself at times and I don't think he would want to show too much feeling in his dancing, especially with Elizabeth.

When my husband and I took ballroom classes, the instructor told him that she liked to teach military guys, especially Marines, because they were so good at taking orders. *looks at my feet, tries not to lead*
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by belanna30 View Post
      OMG, I miss two days and you all go crazy. . . .
      Well, you hadn't missed much in two days. There were times when you missed only a few hours and there were at least ten pages to catch up!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Just for funzies, the body language in this just screams storage closet.

Spoiler:
      Well,
      Spoiler:
      he was readjusting his pants! And he just enters the room with Lizzie, so god knows where they've been and what they were doing prior to that scene...

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky View Post

Well,
        Spoiler:
        he was readjusting his pants! And he just enters the room with Lizzie, so god knows where they've been and what they were doing prior to that scene...
        Yeeesss, and then on the way out...

Spoiler:
        he didn't waste any time following his Lizzie

...and theennn...he suddenly got into a great hurry.

I'm sure they had matters of great leaderly importance to ...um..ah..discuss?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky View Post
          Well,
          Spoiler:
          I *love* your thinking.

Comment

Spoiler:

Oh yes, they discussed
            Spoiler:
            BABIEEEEEEEEZ! *gigglefit*

Comment

Spoiler:

heehee When me and my mum first watched that ep, when they walked in together like that was enough to make me smile. My mum looked at me and said I was pathetic
              I'm easily pleased I guess...and I was hyper on Skittles at the time so I can't really be blamed. Skittles + Sparky = dangerous combination for hyperactivity.

Anyways.

I'm not in a very good mood right now. I've been so happy the last 2 months and the yesterday something happened that just made me lose all faith in people again. Makes me wonder why I bother breathing sometimes. Then I've got 4 coursework deadlines next week. My head is completely all over the place. I'm just generally annoyed/angry/sad over everything right now and it's just making me feel like I can't be bothered. Don't know why I'm rambling. I don't care about myself so I can't see why anyone else would care.

So, I've bookmarked all fics and vids that have been reced and I will get to them sometime when I feel like my head can relax and no longer wants to explode.

@ Vicky >> I bet we could post 10 pages a day if we really really tried

livejournal l My Heroes l Shep l Elizabeth l Rodney l Michael l Smile!
              ~You are who you choose to be~

Comment

Would John and Liz do better in standard dances (like waltz, tango, quickstep) or latin (like samba, rumba, passo double)?
                They're both graceful enough for ballroom, but Lizzie's got that little spark in her that I think would make her an excellent latin dancer.

I think the dance that mirrors Sparky best is probably the Argentine Tango. It's hot, it's sexy, it's passionate, and you can break hold much like John and Lizzie do when they disagree on something. But there's always that something that brings them back together and they're never that far apart in the first place. Plus, it would just be really hot to see them dance that.

but I think John would be awful in swaying his hips.
                Oh, I don't know. Have you seen him play golf?

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie View Post
                  They're both graceful enough for ballroom, but Lizzie's got that little spark in her that I think would make her an excellent latin dancer.

I think the dance that mirrors Sparky best is probably the Argentine Tango. It's hot, it's sexy, it's passionate, and you can break hold much like John and Lizzie do when they disagree on something. But there's always that something that brings them back together and they're never that far apart in the first place. Plus, it would just be really hot to see them dance that.

Like that?

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie View Post

And now I want to see John and Elizabeth dancing Argentine Tango! *headdesk*

Originally posted by SazZat View Post
                    @ Vicky >> I bet we could post 10 pages a day if we really really tried
                    Since we made more than 1,000 posts at the S/J thread for Valenship, I think everything is possible!

Comment

I love you guys!!!

@SR - great analysis of John -he is very graceful and I'm sure he would have trouble to let go and dance something like rumba (ah, the dance of love) with Elizabeth. He might be good at swaying hips in golf, but dancing is something completely different.

@SL - argenting tango it is.

*is off to make Sparky tango vid*

I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Blower'sGate View Post

Like that?

I like this one better.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blower'sGate View Post
                          http://www.wink.at/bilder/film_39_thomas_crown1.jpg

Like that?
                          *bg* Why can't I green you, already!? And yes, exactly like that. With identical costuming.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                          He might be good at swaying hips in golf, but dancing is something completely different.
                          Oh, I know. But it proves the movement is there. He just needs to be able to let go.

Nevermind the Tango: Maureen; we got the Tango: Sparky

Comment

I'm sorry. . . I'm going with the waltz/tango option over latin dancing for my vote. I don't see flamboyant latin being either of their types. .. it's too out there I guess. They are all about the look, the small touch, the detail . .. Hence the waltz and DEFINITELY like the tango.
                            sigpic

Comment

Just dropping off some lyrics and a link to a song I saw on Kerrang. Really great song and it makes me so much think of Sparky. So true for them I think.

'On Call' - Kings Of Leon
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEh8OL0Jj-0
                              Spoiler:
                              She said call me now baby, and I'd come a running.
                              She said call me now baby, and I'd come a running.
                              If you'd call me now, baby then I'd come a running.

I'm on call, to be there.
                              One and all, to be there.
                              And When I fall, to pieces.
                              Lord you know, I'll be there waiting.

To be there.
                              To be there.

One and all, to be there.
                              And When I fall, to pieces.
                              Lord you know, I'll be there waiting.

I'm gon' brawl, so be there.
                              One for all, I'll be there.
                              And when they fall, to pieces.
                              Lord you know, I'll be there laughing.

I'd come a running.
                              I'd come a running.
                              I'd come a running.

To be there.
                              To be there.

As for dancing. I can actually imagine them doing the Jive
                              Or how about a rumba http://www.bbc.co.uk/strictlycomedan...7/louisa07.jpg

and this is the couple I was cheering for in 2006s Strict Come Dancing. They were hot. Me and my sister loved them. I can imagine John and Elizabeth looking as hot as they did if they were to dance
                              http://www.bbc.co.uk/strictlycomedan...357/mark05.jpg

livejournal l My Heroes l Shep l Elizabeth l Rodney l Michael l Smile!
                              ~You are who you choose to be~

Comment

Thanks Southern Red for posting the pic!

So, 10 pages a day, huh? (She starts figuring out how long it would take to read all of that.)

Also, crazy random thought, what if we did an eye/sex photo contest for the best representative shot of our fave pair? I'm thinking four categories: John alone, Elizabeth alone, our fave pair alone, our fave pair plus "Someone" else that recognizes what is going on. . . . I don't know, probably pretty silly. I just love the body language shots and this just struck me as entertaining!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X