No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happens when the warmer weather arrives in England? I'll tell you what! Saz starts listening to the Beach Boys

and so I come posting in here with some cool lyrics that would be good for Sparky.

Wouldn't It Be Nice
    Spoiler:
    Wouldn't it be nice if we were older?
    Then we wouldn't have to wait so long
    And wouldn't it be nice to live together
    In the kind of world where we belong
    You know its gonna make it that much better
    When we can say goodnight and stay together

Wouldn't it be nice if we could wake up
    In the morning when the day is new
    And after having spent the day together
    Hold each other close the whole night through
    The happy times together we've been spending
    I wish that every kiss was never ending...

Wouldn't it be nice?

Maybe if we think and wish and hope and pray... it might come true
    Baby, then there wouldn't be a single thing we couldn't do...
    We could be married and then we'd be happy,

Wouldn't it be nice?

You know it seems the more we talk about it
    It only makes it worse to live without it
    But let's talk about it...

Wouldn't it be nice?

(now a sadder song ...but very cute and very true)
    God Only Knows
    Spoiler:
    I may not always love you
    But long as there are stars above you
    You never need to doubt it
    I'll make you so sure about it

God only knows what I'd be without you

If you should ever leave me
    Though life would still go on believe me
    The world could show nothing to me
    So what good would living do me

(God only knows what I'd be without you)

If you should ever leave me well life would still go on believe me
    The world could show nothing to me
    So what good would living do me

(God only knows what I'd be without you)

livejournal l My Heroes l Shep l Elizabeth l Rodney l Michael l Smile!
    ~You are who you choose to be~

Comment

*high-fives Saz on the warm weather* All I need to see know is a fly and I'll officially declare it summer!

I love God Only Knows! Jodie and David Bowie also do great versions of it. I've thought for ages that would be an excellnt song for a Sparky vid.

Comment

Yay @ the awards!

Shameless self promotion: www.fanfiction.net/~sorrelrowan

And I'm too young, shy and naive to go beyond PG13

Comment

Originally posted by Kales View Post
          You come talk to Aunties Sally and BG. We'll soon sort that!

Seriously though, it's nice to have fic that isn't smut. *gasps at the Shock, Horror!* There was a challenge on eljay a while ago where you had to write pre-smut. Basically, all the stuff that lead up to it... little innocent touches, glances, etc. Unfortunately only one entry was made for Shep/Weir but it was still a great read and a great idea!

Comment

Also shameless self-pimp:
            Muffins & Strawberries (PG, I suck at rating, could be G as well)

Comment

of course you are my dear!

I love the beach boys too!!! They are great for warm and sunny days whn you need something to lure your muse back.

here:

Spoiler:
              Do you wanna dance

Do you want to dance and hold my hand
              Tell me baby I'm your lover man
              Oh baby do you want to dance?

Do you want to dance under the moonlight
              Hold me baby all through the night
              Oh baby
              Do you want to dance?
              Do you, do you, do you
              Do you want to dance
              Do you, do you, do you
              Do you want to dance
              Do you, do you, do you
              Do you want to dance?

Squeeze me baby all through the night
              Oh baby
              Do you want to dance?

Squeeze me, squeeze me all through the night
              Oh baby
              Do you want to dance?

Or maybe:

Spoiler:
              Kokomo

Aruba, Jamaica ooo I wanna take ya
              Bermuda, Bahama come on pretty mama
              Key Largo, Montego baby why don't we go

Jamaica off the Florida Keys
              There's a place called Kokomo
              That's where you wanna go to get away from it all

Bodies in the sand
              Tropical drink melting in your hand
              We'll be falling in love
              To the rhythm of a steel drum band
              Down in Kokomo

Aruba, Jamaica ooo I wanna take you
              To Bermuda, Bahama come on pretty mama
              Down to Kokomo
              We'll get there fast
              And then we'll take it slow
              That's where we wanna go
              Way down to Kokomo

To Martinique, that Monserrat mystique

We'll put out to sea
              And we'll perfect our chemistry
              By and by we'll defy a little bit of gravity

Afternoon delight
              cocktails and moonlit nights
              That dreamy look in your eye
              Give me a tropical contact high
              Way down in Kokomo

Aruba, Jamaica ooo I wanna take you
              To Bermuda, Bahama come on pretty mama
              Down to Kokomo
              We'll get there fast
              And then we'll take it slow
              That's where we wanna go
              Way down to Kokomo

Port Au Prince I wanna catch a glimpse

Everybody knows
              A little place like Kokomo
              Now if you wanna go
              And get away from it all
              Go down to Kokomo

Think my muse is back!
              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie View Post

Seriously though, it's nice to have fic that isn't smut. *gasps at the Shock, Horror!* There was a challenge on eljay a while ago where you had to write pre-smut. Basically, all the stuff that lead up to it... little innocent touches, glances, etc. Unfortunately only one entry was made for Shep/Weir but it was still a great read and a great idea!
                You're already corrupting me

It reminds me of a line from an NC-17 I read ages ago for another pairing (i have random memories of lines I like and want to emulate it's how I learn) paraphrased... "It was the most innocent of touches, a stray hair caught in his day-old stubble as she walked past" - as the catalyst for what, well, yeah, leads on other places. I love that pr0n and RST fics are not easy to write (see below) but feasible in Sparky because it's such a subtle, understated build up in the canon. It makes sense for it to lead on to RST bc it's just there, you can't imagine the relationship changing that much beyond what goes on in NC-17 behind closed doors That's my favourite kind of couple.

I have tried to write pr0n, but I suck at it, lol. I seem to be okay on the atmosphere, the implied, the lead up, but when it gets to actual writing of it, I just can't. Maybe when SL and BG corrupt me a little more

Comment

It makes sense for it to lead on to RST bc it's just there, you can't imagine the relationship changing that much beyond what goes on in NC-17 behind closed doors
                  That's so very true. They are already very close, not just able to talk freely about work, etc, but about their how they're feeling. Granted, that's more Elizabeth than John but he's a guy and since when do guys do feelings? What I like though is that John doesn't seem uncomfortable with her when she does express her feelings - he's always trying to support her.

TRW
                  Spoiler:
                  It was so lovely to see John struggling to talk to Elizabeth, even if she was comatose. I find if you struggle with certain things, you tend just not to go there, but he obviously thinks she's worth the struggle. I know her life was on the line so it was a pretty big deal but he did the same in The Seige 3, iirc.

Comment

*dies from a slow death* UNPR0NY STUFF IS....*is dead on the ground*
                    Corruption is good. And what? We're aunties now ? Sounds more like we are pimps to me.

I have tried to write pr0n, but I suck at it, lol. I seem to be okay on the atmosphere, the implied, the lead up, but when it gets to actual writing of it, I just can't. Maybe when SL and BG corrupt me a little more
                    Nah we'll start with fluff, then PG, then NC-17(18).
                    SL and BG's ratings :
                    Fluff = pg-14
                    PG = Nc-19
                    Nc-17 = *bip*

Comment

LMAO! We so special we have our own rating system, yo! But in fairness to us, Sparky is that hot, they kind of need an extra level of rating anways.

Does that mean I get to change my title from Fic rec Queen to Fic Rec Pimp? *bg*

Comment

LMAO! We so special we have our own rating system, yo! But in fairness to us, Sparky is that hot, they kind of need an extra level of rating anways.
                        Damn' straight! We've got the best rating system ever with Sparky. They're just too hot for the usual ratings.

Does that mean I get to change my title from Fic rec Queen to Fic Rec Pimp? *bg*
                        *bows before Fic Rec Pimp* Little scribe bow before your High Priestess and Fic Rec Pimp.

Picspam for OT.

Forshadowing is HOT

Comment

I'm thinking our muses have gone Spring Break on us to make lots more bunnies, lol.
                          I think my muse skipped off to a warmer climate. It's snowing today.

Comment

*high-fives Saz on the warm weather* All I need to see know is a fly and I'll officially declare it summer!

I love God Only Knows! Jodie and David Bowie also do great versions of it. I've thought for ages that would be an excellnt song for a Sparky vid.
                            The first bee that enters my house will have me declaring it's summer.

The smutty part of my brain is occupied with another pairing these days. I can't really get into S/W smut. When I read a fic with them as a pairing I like to have a story with substance or fluff.

Comment

Originally posted by SGLAB View Post

The smutty part of my brain is occupied with another pairing these days. I can't really get into S/W smut. When I read a fic with them as a pairing I like to have a story with substance or fluff.
                              We had a bee come in the house on Sunday yay! that means it's summer...it will probably be snowing again by next week though lol

And I know what you mean about smut. I like smut but I think on most days I prefer fluff. But all is good really. Just depends what mind I'm in. I went through a friendship loving phase last week where everything suddenly started becoming supercute. This week i'm going for angst mwah ha ha. Angst usually = smut though so there ya go

@Anuna >> yay! you like Beach Boys too 'Do You Wanna Dance?' is one of my faves. It always makes me think of The Beatles 'I Want To Hold Your Hand'. Another really cute song which could be used for Sparky

livejournal l My Heroes l Shep l Elizabeth l Rodney l Michael l Smile!
                              ~You are who you choose to be~

Comment

Originally posted by SGLAB View Post
                                The first bee I see in my house has me running screaming for hubby to watch it because he is extremely allergic to them and wasps. Out comes the bug spray and the battle begins.

I actually think it is fun to suck them up in the vacuum too.

Butterflies are my favorite sign of spring

I would love to read some smut right now, but I guess reading that while teaching is not a good idea. I don't like my smut too rude though. I like fluff as long as it isn't too cotton candy sugary.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X