Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lizabeth View Post
    Does anybody know any good fanfiction (preferably with a low rating) something along the lines of John hurting Elizabeth (emotionally), even if it's without realizing it, and then feeling bad and ending happy somehow? (Or feel like writing one like this?) I was reading one that had some of this going on in it, called Past Offenses on fanfiction.net but it hasn't been updated in forever and I am getting impatient for this sort of story.
    Um, i can't actually remember if i've got any fics like that, but i do have a fair few fics on livejournal...

http://community.livejournal.com/speckle_dots/

I have sad ones and happy ones and ones i'd rather forget. SpecklesSGA on ff.net if you want older stuff...that's if you just want fic in general in the meantime...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SazZat View Post
      Awww people, group hug *HUG*
      We were all being so positive as well Try and keep some hope alive. I believe all those in the USA still have the second half of season 3 to enjoy yet So concentrate on loving that because trust me when I say there are some great episodes that have enough E/J to keep you going for a while. Season 4 is a long way off and I doubt we will have any spoilers for a while to come yet.
      Remember the saying: No news is good news.
      While there is no news there is always time for change and despite what is said, everyone has a voice, including the fans. If a character is loved enough then they will continue to live on in the fans hearts, regardless of what happens. So cling on to that thought.

A new desktop...not really sure if I like it or not:
      Spoiler:

lyrics from Lost by Anouk (because i loved it on the video so much)
      Won't let me green you again yet so GREEEEEN for the positive words and the freakin' awesome wallpaper. Booyaw! I'm still down on SGA a little but I'll be around for awhile yet.

Though it would totally help if they released S3 DVDs before S4 started (unlike all the other times where it took 1 - 2 years, rawr)

AL

Comment

A new desktop...not really sure if I like it or not:
        Spoiler:
        That wallpaper is AMAZING!! You should definitely be proud Thanks so much. Now I have to battle it out whether I should use my own DV wp or your Sparky wp. Decisions, decisions.

As for our couple, I'll admit that I haven't been supporting them very much lately. After the news about TH broke, I kind of went into a hole of denial...just thought that if I didn't watch anymore episodes or talk about it, it wasn't true and Sparky was going to live on forever Great idea, I know. But you're right, SazZat, we still have so many wonderful scenes in the past to look at. Maybe it's because of the high I am still on over DV, but I am becoming more optimistic about Sparky's future. I may even find the courage to watch the last 5 episodes of season 3.

Ok, wait, baby steps, Stef, baby steps. Maybe I'll start with watching some season 2 episodes. Then work my way up to TRW and go from there.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I got my S2 DVD set the other day..now I can start to wear out the disc with The Long Goodbye on it...watch that kiss over and over and over again Gosh, I have been long away from this thread FAR too long.

SazZat, love the desktop

SPARKY FOREVER!!
          sigpic

Comment

A question: in Misbegotten,
            Spoiler:
            when Elizabeth and the team are in the conference room and she says how nice it is to see all of them, do you guys think it was in the script that Elizabeth looks at John only when she says that? Or was that all Torri, the secret Sparky shipper in her or someone who wants to make Sparky shippers happy?
            Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
            at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by shepweir4eva View Post
              <snip>
              bTW i found this vid. it isnt sparky or anything but i think its touching and i love the song
              That's so beautiful and sad

Originally posted by A.L. View Post
              Won't let me green you again yet so GREEEEEN for the positive words and the freakin' awesome wallpaper. Booyaw! I'm still down on SGA a little but I'll be around for awhile yet.

Though it would totally help if they released S3 DVDs before S4 started (unlike all the other times where it took 1 - 2 years, rawr)

AL
              Thank you Glad you liked it.
              Ya know I don't normally go for this optimistic attitude. My usual feelings are that pessimism is the best policy because then when something good happens it will be a pleasant surprise...I guess that theory got replaced by the rose tinted glasses
              And I too hope we get season 3 DVDs before the start of season 4. IMO season 3 has been by far the best.

Originally posted by Stef View Post
              That wallpaper is AMAZING!! You should definitely be proud Thanks so much. Now I have to battle it out whether I should use my own DV wp or your Sparky wp. Decisions, decisions.

As for our couple, I'll admit that I haven't been supporting them very much lately. After the news about TH broke, I kind of went into a hole of denial...just thought that if I didn't watch anymore episodes or talk about it, it wasn't true and Sparky was going to live on forever Great idea, I know. But you're right, SazZat, we still have so many wonderful scenes in the past to look at. Maybe it's because of the high I am still on over DV, but I am becoming more optimistic about Sparky's future. I may even find the courage to watch the last 5 episodes of season 3.<snip>

-Stef
              thank you for nice words I'm actually gonna make a D/V one soon. I have an idea in mind, I just need to actually get it beyond the idea stage lol.

and Sparky will always live forever, for as long as there are Sparky shippers. If the Jack/Sam shippers can cling to hope then so can we.

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress View Post
              I got my S2 DVD set the other day..now I can start to wear out the disc with The Long Goodbye on it...watch that kiss over and over and over again Gosh, I have been long away from this thread FAR too long.

SazZat, love the desktop

SPARKY FOREVER!!
              Thank you thank you I'm getting the season 2 DVDs tomorrow *dance* woot! So many good shippy eps to choose from lol. It's a good job I'm not going to bed on Saturday night (I'm staying up because the Formula 1 is a 3am start and I'm a bit tragic so I watch it live rather than the replay in the afternoon lol). I will pass the time with Sparky goodness

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
              Spoiler:
              when Elizabeth and the team are in the conference room and she says how nice it is to see all of them, do you guys think it was in the script that Elizabeth looks at John only when she says that? Or was that all Torri, the secret Sparky shipper in her or someone who wants to make Sparky shippers happy?
              I think it was all Torri.

livejournal l My Heroes l Shep l Elizabeth l Rodney l Michael l Smile!
              ~You are who you choose to be~

Comment

Spoiler:
                Had to be Torri, TPTB aren't that nice to us.

SazZat that is a gorgeous wallpaper, will no doubt be my background when I get home.

As much as I want to be optimistic about everything, I tend to stay as indifferent and as spoiler free as I can. That way, if something I want to see happens, I'm pleasantly surprised, and if the opposite occurs, I'm not nearly as dissappointed since I didn't get my hopes up.
                sigpic
                Banner by Stef.

The Daniel/Vala Drinking Game Grab your passion fruit martinis and join in!

HELP! HELP! I'M BEING REPRESSED! Vala meets Monty Python.

Comment

SazZat, that wall is a masterpiece, I could never make something like that, I don't even bother anymore. lol

I think it was all Torri.
                  Originally posted by Kath Pup View Post
                  I love that woman.

Just heard the song Everything I do, I do it for you by Bryan Adams, of course Sparky is on my mind so I thought this song could be good for a video. Anybody up for it?

Comment

Oh help!
                    I know we're not supposed to talk about YouTube much but I thought music vids were ok? They've removed one of my Sparky vids (why only one?) because of copyright infringement. Are all music vids going to eventually be removed or have they made a mistake? I'm not sure what to do. Anyone know where I can find out more info? I checked out the YouTube rules and actually it does say anything with clips is counted as an infringement so maybe it is but if this is the case why does MGM have vidding competitions??
                    I'm very confuzzled.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks for the banner

I heart the pretty people &
                    And in an AU galaxy called the Uncharted Territories &

Comment

I don't know much about youtube rules but I also noticed 3 videos mising among my favorites there, must've been deleted as well. I don't like it one bit. I can't even remember which those were.

I have to back up all of them.

Comment

I know YouTube are getting sued by Viacom for something to do with copyright, so it might be something to do with that.
                        sigpic
                        Banner by Stef.

Comment

Originally posted by Kath Pup View Post

SazZat that is a gorgeous wallpaper, will no doubt be my background when I get home.

As much as I want to be optimistic about everything, I tend to stay as indifferent and as spoiler free as I can. That way, if something I want to see happens, I'm pleasantly surprised, and if the opposite occurs, I'm not nearly as dissappointed since I didn't get my hopes up.
                          Thank you
                          And yeah, I normally like to stay spoiler free so then the episode is so much better to watch...except when I come on Gateworld and theres a headline like 'character death' or whatever. Then I panic and I make my cousin read the spoilers so he can tell me on a scale of 1 to 10 how devastated I will be. That is what we did for Sunday. He said I will be devastated at about 9/10 so then I had to be spoiled because I needed to prepare myself.

SazZat, that wall is a masterpiece, I could never make something like that, I don't even bother anymore. lol
                          thank you HUG

I love that woman.

Just heard the song Everything I do, I do it for you by Bryan Adams, of course Sparky is on my mind so I thought this song could be good for a video. Anybody up for it?
                          Don't we all
                          And OMG I'm a mega mega big fan of Bryan Adams. Don't get me started talking about him. I am an addict to an off the scale extent.
                          I think that i've seen one for it on Kawoosh when I've searched before...not sure. I just need to say though, Everything I Do is possible one of his worst songs. It's definitely the worst of his power ballads...Actually the only time I really loved it was when he played it acoustically when I saw him in concert
                          He does have some amazing love songs/ballads/angst songs though...Oh what the hell I'll do a list...

Bryan Adams songs which could be Sparky:

Heaven - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deXeztCkDpo
                          Straight From The Heart - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W6jKGhltE8
                          Victim of Love
                          It's Only Love - (LOL...Just found a Shep/McKay vid to this song haha...I'll link that I guess. I'll never be able to think of this song in the same way again lol. I think it would work for Sparky though ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3eZJtqdQ8E
                          Star (although this I see as more of a song for the team rather than Sparky)
                          The Best Was Yet To Come - (very angsty) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M27vdeIjI2E
                          If Ya Wanna Be Bad Ya Gotta Be Good - (all I have to say is OMG damn hot but so so funny) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFYFLPhxGsk

I thought I'd put links to where you can here some of them...some are live versions recorded by fans, some are fanvids from films and stuff, cos i couldn't find the proper promo vid on youtube

...Well, that certainly wasted some time lol. I wish I could make fanvids now.

I don't know much about youtube rules but I also noticed 3 videos mising among my favorites there, must've been deleted as well. I don't like it one bit. I can't even remember which those were.

I have to back up all of them.
                          OMG no! *runs to start ripping the good ones*

Comment

SazZat
                            I just did some searching for you and I found a Sparky vid for Everything I Do. I haven't watched it, but heres the link to the website http://www.geocities.com/[email protected]

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Spoiler:
                              Written by Paul and Joe, directed by Martin Wood, the way it was edited... I'm going to say it was purposely done. Especially as in the same ep, Paul scripted the 'defending my honor?' line.

I'm sure the actors do try and put little things in to add to a scene, but if a director doesn't like it, it goes.

I disagree. We've 3 seasons full of Sparky moments, from big moments to small. The only scenes I can think of that could be put down to Joe and Torri is the hand-holding in The Storm and where it looks like she's grabbing his ass in Rising.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                Written by Paul and Joe, directed by Martin Wood, the way it was edited... I'm going to say it was purposely done. Especially as in the same ep, Paul scripted the 'defending my honor?' line.

I'm sure the actors do try and put little things in to add to a scene, but if a director doesn't like it, it goes.

I disagree. We've 3 seasons full of Sparky moments, from big moments to small. The only scenes I can think of that could be put down to Joe and Torri is the hand-holding in The Storm and where it looks like she's grabbing his ass in Rising.
                                Thinking about it, you're right. I'm having one of those 'Bah! Humbug!' days where I'm going to be pessimistic about everything. As such, I shall go find myself some fluff and get those rose-tinted specs back on

I spoiled myself rotten for S2, and it wan't nearly as much fun as watching as S1 and the early SG-1 seasons spoiler free, so I've decided that I'm going to stick with being spolier free from here on in. It's kinda hard when there's 'Save *Character*' all about the place, but what can you do. That said, sometimes a little warning is nice. Gives you enough time to prepare for it.
                                sigpic
                                Banner by Stef.

Comment

Working...
                                X