Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firedust22 View Post
    I Googled my screen name, just cause I was procrastinationg and curious (that can usually make an interesting combination), and I found Anjirika on ff.net and this author's note for Only Hope:
    Anjirika, you're a doll!! *hugs*
    HAPPY 500!! *throws confetti and makes a lovely little mess*
    Thanks...I'll update that story eventually...don't know when, but I have the story planned out... and thanks for the congrats about reaching 500....

Originally posted by A.L. View Post
    Dude, I've got the ideas but not the means. If I had that I'd flood this place with music vids.

AL
    As would I...I have SO many ideas but not the least bit of know-how to actually do one, not to mention the lack of time...

...and speaking of lack of time I should REALLY be getting to my essay thats due on tuesday- which is when SGA: S2 comes out on this side of the pond but I've already got mine and I am watching the squeeable Seige III right now.... (ah, the advantages of actually working in a video store)....
    Last edited by Anjirika; 03 March 2007, 02:37 PM.
    sigpic
    Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
    |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Very quick note in ... happy 500 Anjirka, we're half-k twins today It won't let me green you so GREEEEEEN!!!

Oh and good luck with the essay as I return to mine... also due tuesday, lol. It just gets freakier.

OT: If it's all in our minds, why is Sparky excluded from the Isis awards? *innocent eyes* the only other ship that is is Jack and Sam... my, isn't that all sorts of interesting??

kay x
      Last edited by Kales; 03 March 2007, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kales View Post
        Very quick note in ... happy 500 Anjirka, we're half-k twins today It won't let me green you so GREEEEEEN!!!

Oh and good luck with the essay as I return to mine... also due tuesday, lol. It just gets freakier.

OT: If it's all in our minds, why is Sparky excluded from the Isis awards? *innocent eyes* the only other ship that is is Jack and Sam... my, isn't that all sorts of interesting??

kay x
        The Isis awards are for secondary ships kay.... Cam/Carolyn, Daniel/Sam, Sheppard/Teyla....^_^

So we're a major ship, like Daniel/Vala and Sam/Jack..... ^_^

In other news, my mum was watching the first special feature for SGA and Martin Wood said something to this effect..and I quote

In Stargate characters can't stay the same year after year after year so you have to kill the Janet Fraisers off occasionally to keep it fresh and to create jeapordy for the other characters....if something like that can happen to Ford , who's a major characters who gets affected and the fans go 'oh what will happen to McKay or Beckett or Weir or Sheppard'..it creates jeapordy and thats really important
        Oh My God.
        They have no clue....
        ....kill off the Janet Fraisers to up the jeapordy?

Atlantis is doomed....

I feel sorry for the actors....
        ....and us cause that means that no one is safe. But something I don't understand is that they can create jeapordy by killing off red-shirts, or having people scooped up by the wraith and then beamed down into the same body, or have John in a run-away jumper with the beaming techonology just recently busted, or any number of other things that create tension

....BUT DON'T KILL OFF MAIN CHARACTERS! THAT IS A RECIPE FOR DISASTOR! HOW CAN THEY NOT GET THAT! HOW CAN THEY NOT GET THAT WE WANT OUR MAIN CHARACTERS ALIVE AND WELL!?

And I'm sorry, characters can change over the years without someone close to them dying...it's called NATURAL PROGRESSION!

*rant over*

Back to my essay....

Edited to add: Oh, Daniel/Vala is on the Isis awards as a secondary ship....now that is VERY interesting....
        Last edited by Anjirika; 03 March 2007, 06:21 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anjirika View Post
          The Isis awards are for secondary ships kay.... Cam/Carolyn, Daniel/Sam, Sheppard/Teyla....^_^

So we're a major ship, like Daniel/Vala and Sam/Jack..... ^_^

In other news, my mum was watching the first special feature for SGA and Martin Wood said something to this effect..and I quote

Oh My God.
          They have no clue....
          ....kill off the Janet Fraisers to up the jeapordy?

Atlantis is doomed....

I feel sorry for the actors....
          ....and us cause that means that no one is safe. But something I don't understand is that they can create jeapordy by killing off red-shirts, or having people scooped up by the wraith and then beamed down into the same body, or have John in a run-away jumper with the beaming techonology just recently busted, or any number of other things that create tension

....BUT DON'T KILL OFF MAIN CHARACTERS! THAT IS A RECIPE FOR DISASTOR! HOW CAN THEY NOT GET THAT! HOW CAN THEY NOT GET THAT WE WANT OUR MAIN CHARACTERS ALIVE AND WELL!?

And I'm sorry, characters can change over the years without someone close to them dying...it's called NATURAL PROGRESSION!

*rant over*

Back to my essay....

Edited to add: Oh, Daniel/Vala is on the Isis awards as a secondary ship....now that is VERY interesting....
          Actually, Daniel/Vala is listed at Isis so they consider it secondary. Just saying.

As to "killing of Janets to keep it fresh" for rude! You can kill off less loved and important charcters and still make a statement. I mean in SG-1 they killed off (dang forgot his name) that really cool commander of one of the earth ships Prometheus or something like that. Shot him dead execution still, not him jumping in front of someone else. I didn't consider him the same level as Janet but when they killed him, DANG! I was mad for weeks! And it still made me nervous for everyone else.

Just saying.

AL

EDIT: Totally missed your edit. Sorry!

Comment

Sparky Vid i just finished

If Everyone Cared

Enjoy!
            Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
            Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

just lovin all the sparky music vids, peoples keep em' comin!!! By the way, 2 good songs that i know of that would be good for sparky videos are: Chemicals React and Shine both songs are by Aly & AJ. if i could, i'd make the vids myself but i havent the first clue how....so i throw this one out to all the talented sparky vid makers!!!!
              sigpicsig by me!

Comment

i could make one if you want me too?

i have a huge line up of vids comming so they should be up over time.. mostly sparky ones but i have a few team and character ones, but ill let you know when they come!
                Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post

If Everyone Cared

Enjoy!
                  Loved your vid! Cute Sparky overload.
                  Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                  at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by A.L. View Post

As to "killing of Janets to keep it fresh" for rude! You can kill off less loved and important charcters and still make a statement. I mean in SG-1 they killed off (dang forgot his name) that really cool commander of one of the earth ships Prometheus or something like that. Shot him dead execution still, not him jumping in front of someone else. I didn't consider him the same level as Janet but when they killed him, DANG! I was mad for weeks! And it still made me nervous for everyone else.
                    The commander's name was Pendgarst or something like that I think. I was really really sad about Janet. For me it was the end of that well known and much loved SG - 1 family; and with Hammond gone I almost lost my interest in watching. I think I connect to the characters too much? Hm?!

Saz, I love your icons!!!

About those top ten moments... I love your selection guys... it will help me in making the videos My favourite moment in season one was that in The Eye. It kinda stopped my breathing when I saw how Kolya used Elizabeth like a shield and John, on the other side was aiming in their direction with that killer look in his eyes. I just knew he was going to shoot and he won't miss. But what made that moment so great was what he said. "Are you fine?" "No" "But you will be. Come on!"

I just watched a documentary about Amelia Erheart (famous woman pilot who set a number of records flying ovet Atlantic ocean. She dissapeared during her last flight around the world; somewhere above Pacific ocean - nearly completing the flight.). Elizabeth reminds me of her - a strong, intelligent and independant woman. When John said "But you will be. Come on!" in The Eye, I realized he is a kind of man that can measure up to such amazing woman like Elizabeth. A very strong moment. I loved it.
                    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Ok I don't know who posted this comment on JM's blog but he answered one bit of it, cause really if he had answered it all he would have spoiled us all ( in a good or in a bad way 50/50 percent chance ) So I guess I'm glad he didn't ( well you can hate me but I share the same opinion as Sally does on Joe Mallozi ) *hides*

So here's the reply to what he "actually" answered :
                      Elisabeth writes: “I know that you mostly hate shippers…”

Answer: Untrue. In fact, I’ve always been a supporter of the Jack-Sam relationship and do feel it should be resolved at series end. Whenever that is.
                      And this was the original comment :
                      What sort of things do you guys look at when deciding which characters stay and go?

Do you consider shippers at all? I know that you mostly hate shippers, but when you look at the numbers for the Sheppard ships, Sheppard/Weir shippers vastly out-number Sheppard/Teyla shippers. Are you guys willing to risk losing all of those people (who won't tune in to see Sheppard fawning all over Teyla or any other female) by getting rid of Elizabeth?

This is something I don't understand about the Elizabeth decision. You may not want to bring anything to fruition with the ships. You may want to just pretend they don't exist, but the fact is, a lot of fans tune in for that reason.

When your biggest, most popular het ship is Shep/Weir, losing her seems like a very, very big risk. Go check the fanfiction numbers. Have a look at the shipping threads on GW. The numbers speak for themselves.

I'm stunned that you're willing to risk losing a large number of these viewers, possibly the majority of them, by getting rid of such a wonderful, amazing character as Elizabeth Weir.
                      If I'm in no right to post this, please tell me and I'll delete my post.

IMO we sparky shippers shouldn't say stuff like : other pairings mean nothing, that's not good for our reputation but I get that the person who commented on JM's blog was angry and felt he/she had to proove it. Still, we should be more reasonable.
                      Last edited by Blower'sGate; 04 March 2007, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Like I said before - no matter what actually happens on the show, Elizabeth and John will be my fav SGA pairing. Ship is in the eye of beholder. I'm afraid we can make all the noise we want but they will do what they want to do... so I'll stick to my imagination and my personal view of various relationships on the show.
                        I don't like some pairings that got to be on the show, but in my head I treat them like some kind of alternate universe... simple as that

Sparky forever friends!
                        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                          Like I said before - no matter what actually happens on the show, Elizabeth and John will be my fav SGA pairing. Ship is in the eye of beholder. I'm afraid we can make all the noise we want but they will do what they want to do... so I'll stick to my imagination and my personal view of various relationships on the show.
                          I don't like some pairings that got to be on the show, but in my head I treat them like some kind of alternate universe... simple as that

Sparky forever friends!
                          True enough. Yeah Mckay/Weir's definitely an AU pairing in my head Like Mckay/Sam in The road not taken ( SG-1 s10ep13 ). So it doesn't count ^_^. Nevertheless what matters the most is that Sparky is canon to us all and it's in the eye of the beholder. But, we do know one thing : TPTB and the SGA crew have preferences : and considering the attention sparky has had for the past 3 years, we know a few of them ( if not many ) are in favor of sparky. But I seriously have no idea what happened between Torri and TPTB that put in jeopardy their working relationship ( aside from her becoming a recurring character ), cause it does sound like there's something wrong happening behind the scenes ( like the person commented on JM's blog ). And actually that's what intrigues / bothers me the most right now.

But sparky's there and will always be.

Comment

John: Some people see us paired up with other people?
                            Elizabeth: Well, everyone thinks differently.

John: Maybe if TPTB just move us in together...

Elizabeth: Relax John. The Sparky shippers will keep us together.

Elizabeth: Better now?
                            John: Oh yeah!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post

If Everyone Cared

Enjoy!
                              Oh what a great vid...great vid...good job!

As for our ship...even if Elizabeth dissapears with Ford, so long as John isn't paired with anyone else we can assume that he's still angsting for her, and there is also alternate realities to consider, I mean how many times were Sam/Jack together or implied to be together? I lost count....^_^ ...and even though some may say that the universe that we see is the only one of concequence I would retort that in our universe it COULD have gone that way, and it's the COULD that's really important.....

.....I just wish that we could have a definative number of episodes that Torri is going to be in. My mind is playing tricks on me and thinking that she won't be in any.... and she'll just dissapear to mandy-ville....

*cries*

I've lost my Zen
                              sigpic

Comment

((Anjiriki)) ---->>>>> It's a zen hug!

Loved the vids, guys. And hehe, yeah, I was just trying to be ironic and all...

IMO, I'm not too fond of shooting down other 'ships to make mine look better. There really shouldn't be a need for it if the 'ship has enough canon merit - there should be more evidence and chemistry than "but it's better than shep and x,y,z therefore we win". On that front, we have no problems lol

I hope I don't offend anyone and this bit is entirely IMHO and personal... It's also a slight thing I have about anti-threads and anti-ness in general on boards like this. There's a difference between constructive crit and just... something else. I just don't like spending my time that way when I could be on lovely creative threads like this and the Dala one, lapping up all the fics and walls and vids etc. I like seeing the glass half full

And on a slightly less philosophical note, it feels mean But maybe I'm just soft that way.

Pocus, loved the pic run!

kay x

Comment

Working...
                                X