Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
    Oooo I was rereading old fic and looky Elizabeth saves John fic.

http://angstnromance.net/fiction/sgaaxis.html

I think the Teyla and Elizabeth bonding is supposed to be in Sunday.
    Thanks, I hadn't read that one! Would love to read more stories like that!

Comment

Hello, everyone!

Blower's Gate During the first two times I watched "Rising," I had never noticed that little grin on his face when Elizabeth came in. But then my mother (also an "Atlantis" fan and a closet Sparky fan, LOL) and I were watching it together one day, and she suddenly just backed the DVD up and said: "Look at that grin!" and I just about flipped. And to this very day that moment still remains one of my fave Sparky moments. I'm not sure what it is about the expression on his face, but it just makes me think that there was definitely something there from the very beginning, an instant connection or something. He looks really happy and mega cute in that scene, and kind of like he's proud of her or something, I'm not sure exactly how to put what I'm thinking into words, LOL. I'd halfway forgotten about that scene, so thank you for once more bringing the new-puppy-love Sparky scene back to the forefront of my mind! *hugs*

mcat Had forgotten how much Sparky there was in just the first season! *sigh* All that reminds me yet again just how much I love this ship. . .thanks for sharing that!

leelakin I gotta say it again: Thanks so much for the cover! It's too perfect! *hugs* You're amazing, and the new chapter of "Journey" is dedicated to you!

"Journey to Forever" chap. 6, "The Plan Comes Together," is here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3318739/6/ I hope you enjoy!

~fyd~
      My fanfic: ~fyd818 My vids: ~decatbastet SAWS: Spanky-a-Week Summer

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
        Oooo I was rereading old fic and looky Elizabeth saves John fic.

http://angstnromance.net/fiction/sgaaxis.html

I think the Teyla and Elizabeth bonding is supposed to be in Sunday.
        Oh, cool! =) *will read that*

Haha, is it safe to say that EVERYTHING will happen in Sunday? Dude, there are so many spoilers about it that fulfilling them all would make the episode about 4 hours long or something.
        Another spoiler about it is
        Spoiler:
        that Teyla confesses her feeling for someone to someone else, SO that could possibly be Elizabeth. =D Meaning that them talking about guys on 'lantis isn't all that far-fetched!
        I want Elizabeth to tell Teyla how annoying and persistent that Mike guy is. XD

Originally posted by fyd818 View Post
        leelakin I gotta say it again: Thanks so much for the cover! It's too perfect! *hugs* You're amazing, and the new chapter of "Journey" is dedicated to you!
        Awwwww, thanks so much! A dedication! *flail*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leelakin View Post
          Oh, cool! =) *will read that*

Haha, is it safe to say that EVERYTHING will happen in Sunday? Dude, there are so many spoilers about it that fulfilling them all would make the episode about 4 hours long or something.
          Another spoiler about it is
          Spoiler:
          that Teyla confesses her feeling for someone to someone else, SO that could possibly be Elizabeth. =D Meaning that them talking about guys on 'lantis isn't all that far-fetched!
          Spoiler:
          Well, we already know that Teyla has a crush on a Marine (they teased her about it in ... (what was that episodes name??) ah, anyway, it would be nice if it was Liz she was talking to when she confesses about her crush. It airs next week, right? Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

Hahaha, Sunday will have 2 seconds of everyone and that way EVERYTHING will happen.
            sigpic
            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
              Spoiler:
              Well, we already know that Teyla has a crush on a Marine (they teased her about it in ... (what was that episodes name??) ah, anyway, it would be nice if it was Liz she was talking to when she confesses about her crush. It airs next week, right? Guess we'll have to wait and see.
              Spoiler:
              It would be so cheap of TPTB to simply mean by saying 'confesses her feelings' that Teyla thinks some Marine is cute . XD But knowing THEIR commitment to ship, that's probably just what it's gonna be. Still, it could trigger Elizabeth to join the boys talk, so there's hope! XD
              sigpic

Comment

Hello everybody. I just thought I'd pop in and say hi. And for those who don't who I am, I'm a regular poster over at the Pro Teyla/Dex ship thread.

Beware I have friends and they are watching
                Sig courtesy of LadyBozi. Thank you so much!
                += FAT BABIES! Teyla/Ronon rules!
                Spoiler:

R.I.P Carson, for now.
                Courtesy of LadyBozi

Save Elizabeth now!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fyd818 View Post
                  Hello, everyone!

Blower's Gate During the first two times I watched "Rising," I had never noticed that little grin on his face when Elizabeth came in. But then my mother (also an "Atlantis" fan and a closet Sparky fan, LOL) and I were watching it together one day, and she suddenly just backed the DVD up and said: "Look at that grin!" and I just about flipped. And to this very day that moment still remains one of my fave Sparky moments. I'm not sure what it is about the expression on his face, but it just makes me think that there was definitely something there from the very beginning, an instant connection or something. He looks really happy and mega cute in that scene, and kind of like he's proud of her or something, I'm not sure exactly how to put what I'm thinking into words, LOL. I'd halfway forgotten about that scene, so thank you for once more bringing the new-puppy-love Sparky scene back to the forefront of my mind! *hugs*

mcat Had forgotten how much Sparky there was in just the first season! *sigh* All that reminds me yet again just how much I love this ship. . .thanks for sharing that!

"Journey to Forever" chap. 6, "The Plan Comes Together," is here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3318739/6/ I hope you enjoy!

~fyd~
                  YAY! I've already read and reviewed your chapter. It was amazing! As always
                  sigpic
                  Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
                  |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

hey WraithNamedMichael! how's it going?

spanky_girl

sigpic

"At the crossroads of our life, when we pass in the dark like two silent ships. . .please hand me a flashlight" ~fyd

"When life gets weary and we can't stand alone. . I'll meet you for pizza at Papa John's"
                    ~ Me

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      That was at the very end of "McKay and Mrs. Miller" that episode itself has a couple moments where John and Elizabeth share their usual cute looks, even if it was a episode centered on the McKays.
                      ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Eljoshe View Post
                        My first post in this thread, but you mentioned my fav. soapbox topic, the writing for the female characters in Sci. fi. I love Stargate Atlantis, but I have to agree on the boy's club comment - I just don't think these boys know women all that well. Forget guest stars, we need a guest writer (but can we make him permanent?) - my vote Joss Whedon (I worship him) he knows how to write female characters.
                        I'm sure he'd get the whole Shep, Weir, Teyla torment sorted out in no time, as well as many other things - especially more screen time for the women of Atlantis.
                        Originally posted by Torrifan View Post
                        I've been going over the last couple of pages here and thought I would chime in. I am usually just a lurker but the mood on the last several pages is depressing and I thought I would put my 2 cents in.

To clarify I am in the U.S. so I am Atlantis starved at this point. I am a SPARKY shipper through and through and have been since The Eye/Storm and since John handed Elizabeth the jar for her birthday in Before I Sleep. I don't know what is going on with TPTB. They are driving me crazy. I'm with some others ... I wish they would make up their minds and be done with it. I don't think I would be thoroughly crushed if John and Elizabeth do not end up together as long as John doesn't end up with Teyla. I just don't see it. But I also think Elizabeth needs SOMEONE even if it is just in the back ground. She really needs someone that she can lean on and is supportive of her given her position. To me, anyone male or female, in that type of position would go nuts if they didn't have some kind of a support system. She can't keep herself isolated it would be unhealthy.

Spoiler:
                        I am a bit dissappointed to hear that the last couple of episodes have been Elizabeth light. She is the main reason I watch the show. She is not supposed be be a Hammond type character. I don't think Sunday is going to give us shippers or Torri fans much to talk about. From what I've heard, everyone is going to be in it and they will be showing every one in the same 5-10 minute time period. We will have Liz on her "date" and then everyone else doing their thing. So this one sounds, to me, Elizabeth starved also. I wonder how Torri feels about her lack of screen time.

I was wondering if the person that Teyla has feelings for is Major Lorne??? He is supposed to be in the episode. Just a thought.
                        Originally posted by Cailliath View Post
                        Hey all,

Finally plucking the courage to delurk and show my support for the greatness that is Sparky. I've lurked for over a year and a half now so it's probably way overdue to at least say hi! Plus I don't think I remember seeing the mood as demotivated here so we all need to gather forces and remind everyone Sparky's a force to be reckoned with. Rawr!
                        Originally posted by Wraith named Michael View Post
                        Hello everybody. I just thought I'd pop in and say hi. And for those who don't who I am, I'm a regular poster over at the Pro Teyla/Dex ship thread.

Welcome One and All to the Thread!

Maybe she was hoping for John to warm her? Man, he sure missed this opportunity! Haha. I can just picture him waking up all panicked later that night and going "Oh!! Well, damn."

Oh, and I hope this still counts as Sparky, it's a cover I made for fyd's Sparky/Spanky fanfic:

Pretty! You're much better than I am! You can even draw (something I cannot do, though I persist in trying).

Comment

omg! i have been neglecting my Sparky thread how dare i do such a thing...well, i am here now
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt View Post
                            That was at the very end of "McKay and Mrs. Miller" that episode itself has a couple moments where John and Elizabeth share their usual cute looks, even if it was a episode centered on the McKays.
                            I really enjoyed that episode.
                            Spoiler:
                            Elizabeth's snarkyness when they first enter the observation room and the looks they share while watching the McKays. I enjoy 'Tao of Rodney' for the same reason. While the episode is about Rodney in General, there are some lovely moments that John and Elizabeth share.
                            hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

I really want Teyla to teach her how to stick fight! =D That would be too awesome. Zomg, can you imagine a stick fight between John and Elizabeth? That would be HOT.
                              I don't think I can imagine that particular scene because my brain would burst into flames just thinking about it .

“Le monde a tellement de regrets
                              Tellement de choses qu'on promet.
                              Une seule pour laquelle je suis fait
                              Je t'aimais, je t'aime et je t'aimerai...”

~ Francis Cabrel

Comment

i would pee myself laughng lol
                                Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                                Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Working...
                                X