No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, I have a confession to make... I've been lurking here for days! Finally plucked up the courage to delurk . Hi everyone!

I adore both shows, and I ship for both too

MegYn
    sigpic

Comment

I'm already 1 hr into it but...HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM AUSTRALIA!

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
      I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
      Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie View Post
        Sunday is due to air in Canada, Jan 15th. AthenaKTT put up the schedule up on the previous page.
        KoolKool, thanks!

Thanks Sweety for the sig!
        No1 Spacemunky!!
        MY SKINNY WHITE ASS

Comment

Originally posted by Dia Dahling View Post
          yeah! I think that we need to have them do holidays! nothing religious neccesarily, just a tree or mistletoe!!!
          Uhm, christmas is a religious, the 'christ' in 'christmas' referring to Jesus Christ.

New Years could work but if they were going to go down the route of celebrating a specific holiday, I'd prefer if it was of Athosion origins. That way, there's more backstory for them, more for Teyla (akin to the scene in ToR
          Spoiler:
          where Rodney talks to her about the rituals of her father's memorial
          ) and imo, it would be nice to see the expedition adapting and distancing their ways from Earth.

Comment

Heehee, you liike?

No1 Spacemunky!!
            MY SKINNY WHITE ASS

Comment

Spoiler:

A background I made a little while ago, decided to post it!

No1 Spacemunky!!
              MY SKINNY WHITE ASS

Comment

Happy New Year to everyone. (I won't be here to say it later, am off to a party, for a change. )

Comment

I'm off now, new years wooo

*~*HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL SPARKY SHIPPERS*~*

Spoiler:

Feel the love peeps!

No1 Spacemunky!!
                  MY SKINNY WHITE ASS

Comment

Happy New Year
                    to all!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                      Happy New Year
                      to all!

Hehe like it! Cheers!

No1 Spacemunky!!
                      MY SKINNY WHITE ASS

Comment

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL YOU SHWEIR/SPARKY SHIPPERS!!! ^_^

I hope you all have a wonderful new years eve- I won't be here to say it later either cause I'm doing volunteer work at our waterfront- it's Narnia theme this year and I get to be a willow tree... ^_^ ....hope you all have a wonderful and safe evening.
                        sigpic
                        Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
                        |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hope you all have a great new years eve and new years day =3
                          sigpic

***Support Your Stargate***

Comment

To John's subtle ways of showing his feelings. I think that is way the scene in "Sateda"
                            Spoiler:
                            that he share with Teyla was a very important scene in revealing John's character. Before that scene, we all had an inkling that John wasn't very good at sharing his feelings. That awkward moment with Teyla showed that, and he did say he wasn't very good at showing his feelings.

After revealing that there are times such as "The Real World" and "Echoes" that he shows he worries for Elizabeth a lot more than should if he considered himself just a mutual friend. At least that is my opinion.

And Welcome GateGirl422 and welcome back kimyroo!
                            ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt View Post
                              To John's subtle ways of showing his feelings. I think that is way the scene in "Sateda"
                              Spoiler:
                              that he share with Teyla was a very important scene in revealing John's character. Before that scene, we all had an inkling that John wasn't very good at sharing his feelings. That awkward moment with Teyla showed that, and he did say he wasn't very good at showing his feelings.

After revealing that there are times such as "The Real World" and "Echoes" that he shows he worries for Elizabeth a lot more than should if he considered himself just a mutual friend. At least that is my opinion.

And Welcome GateGirl422 and welcome back kimyroo!
                              Welcome from me also to any and all newbies, returnees and a big 'ol Happy New Year!!! to each and every one of you.

Now, Athenaktt, I think you just hit on something vitally important for our ship. Spoilers for Sateda, TRW, Echoes, The Return I and probably more from S3.
                              Spoiler:
                              Here we have a man who admitted that he has trouble with feelings, not just in Sateda but also to R/T when saying goodbye in Return I. He seems to expect his teammates to know that and understand, but he still tries mightedly on both occasions to get his feelings out with limited success. However, lets take the J/E expression of feelings situation in order. It's important to note also that he doesn't verbalize said feelings but still leaves no doubt in anyone's mind who might be watching that said feelings exist. First in Misbegotten the look on his face when she's trying to tell them all how she feels is just astounding coming from a man who plays emotion so close to the vest. Notice that he is sitting turned slightly away from the others so there is no chance that they'll see his face. Which, IMHO, is an open book. Then comes his defense of her to Woolsey and his display of emotion that causes Elizabeth herself to say "I've never seen you like this." She was clearly surprised that a man who seldom shows emotion would get so riled up. Over what? Her honor. Next we have Progeny and the "are you ok?" moment in the jumper. Concerned expression, tone of voice dripping with feelings. TRW, of course, stands alone as the Sparkiest, most John has feelings for Elizabeth and he's not afraid to express them episode of all time. *stops to wonder why this one is so unpopular in certain quarters* Oh well, moving on. In TRW, John by his every action showed that he cares deeply for Elizabeth. No, he didn't declare undying love. Yes, he would have been concerned if it had been any of the other people he considers family, but it wasn't them. It was Elizabeth. Why choose her? Then after it was all over, he comes to seek her out and try to make her feel better? Then in Return I, did he really have to stop by her room to ask if she'd be ready to leave at 0800. Please, what a feeble excuse. He wanted to let her know that he knew she was hurting but words failed him and he quoted Princess Bride to lighten the moment. He made her smile. Mission accomplished. But so much was said that wasn't said. That scene reminded me of Teyla's comment to him in Sateda about the things he "meant to say." She understands that he can't always get things out and so does Elizabeth who just smiles that enigmatic smile at him that tells you she understands John Sheppard better than anyone alive. In The Return II, I thought his comments to her about not sleeping were interesting. How does he know? *get out of the gutter, you scamps* Obviously, they are both up late a lot, if he knows this about her and she didn't seem surprised that he knows. Hmmm? Again he is using a teasing voice with her. She calls him "cheeky" which I think no matter how long they've been out of touch brings them right back to their previous relationship. He says outrageous, teasing things to her to make her feel better. That's all he knows how to do without actually talking aobut feelings. Look at dear sweet Carson. He almost literally pats her hand, goes to visit her and begs her to get out of her funk. Rodney expresses concern about her also. But John just does what he's always done because he knows what works with her. Echoes, of course, was all action!John, not waiting for medical personnel. For all he knew, it might have been dangerous to pick her up like that, but emotion overcame common sense and he just went on instinct. Whew! I haven't done one of my overanalysis rants lately. Feels good. I still got it.
                              I don't know for sure if these showing emotion without verbalizing said emotion moments for John are scripted or are just JF making the most of his part and showing us the depths of JS in spite of the fact that he's given basically **** to work with. Or not. Hey, it might be true. With this bunch of PTB you never know what they are intending. Just trying to get my last bit of Sparky influenced speculation out of the way before Sunday airs and kills my squee forever. I am heartsick about the upcoming cast change and am not sure that even the possibility of John and Elizabeth consoling each other will help.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                I don't know for sure if these showing emotion without verbalizing said emotion moments for John are scripted or are just JF making the most of his part and showing us the depths of JS in spite of the fact that he's given basically **** to work with. Or not.
                                While I think some of the scenes are put there by tptb

TRW
                                Spoiler:
                                When Sheppard barges into the quarantine area to tell her to fight it.

However they wouldn't be of much help without Joe's wonderful face expressions.

Progeny & TRW
                                Spoiler:
                                Like at the end of TRW when they're having that conversation when Sheppard is all "it was a couple hours but felt like an eternity. Or like you pointed out the "are you okay?" scene, the look in his eyes was the mere depiction of intense.

tptb's efforts would mean nothing if it weren't for Joe and Torri's acting, their chemistry, and how good Elizabeth and John look thanks to those two truly unique actors. In all honesty, tptb are not that good, and even the best writers in the world haven't discovered how to manufacture chemistry.

Comment

Working...
                                X