Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Watters87
    Astro nice fic. Is there going to be any John/Liz ship in the coming in the later chapters
    Thank you...oh yeah. ship to come.. shouldn't be more than five chapters long tho!

Comment

Since I'm the little System Lord of this ship, I'll put my two cents in.

I went into Atlantis with high expectations from Dr. Weir mostly because I liked the character concept and thought that it would be a different kind of character than Stargate had had in the past. I think that's why I spent so much time defending the character and Torri Higginson for the first few months.

I had issues with the way I saw RL in pre-Atlantis publicity, and the romantic interest billed between her and Sheppard (can anyone recall if that was really billed by anyone else but RL, because it suddenly occures to me that I think it might have just been her) didn't interest me at all. The character of Teyla hasn't really interested me at all, and honestly, I come from the Sam/Janet school of watching ship in Stargate, and I just couldn't see femslash with Teyla either. So I think I went into the series mainly as an Anti-Sheppard/Teyla shipper more than anything else.

I saw flirtation in 38 Minutes--it was kind of hard to miss--but I don't think I started to really voice ideas of ship until Home. I know there are a lot of Sam/Jack shippers in this thread, so please don't take offense, but while I acknowledge that ship is canon and there, I don't like it. I don't enjoy the chemistry between the two actors and I really can't see much coming from it. One of the things I enjoy about John/Elizabeth is that I both enjoy the chemistry, and don't care if anything comes from it. The cute, ackward, interaction between the two of them is enough. It's beautiful, it's enjoyable, and it's not in the face of those who don't want to see it.

I rather hope they keep along these lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
        Since I'm the little System Lord of this ship, I'll put my two cents in.

I went into Atlantis with high expectations from Dr. Weir mostly because I liked the character concept and thought that it would be a different kind of character than Stargate had had in the past. I think that's why I spent so much time defending the character and Torri Higginson for the first few months.

I saw flirtation in 38 Minutes--it was kind of hard to miss--but I don't think I started to really voice ideas of ship until Home. I know there are a lot of Sam/Jack shippers in this thread, so please don't take offense, but while I acknowledge that ship is canon and there, I don't like it. I don't enjoy the chemistry between the two actors and I really can't see much coming from it. One of the things I enjoy about John/Elizabeth is that I both enjoy the chemistry, and don't care if anything comes from it. The cute, ackward, interaction between the two of them is enough. It's beautiful, it's enjoyable, and it's not in the face of those who don't want to see it.

I rather hope they keep along these lines.
        Yes, me too. I agree with a lot of your post. Firstly, I think W/S chemistry is much more obvious that Sam/Jack (but that has sooo been messed up), and secondly, I hope that they do keep it along the lines you've mentioned, it's not in the face of those who don't want to see it, it's far too early for ship (in fact I've been getting a bit worried about what I've been seeing/hearing), the PTB made such a mess of Sam/Jack and if it's not defined in the show, I can have more fun speculating about it and reading fanfic directions. The lack of canon makes me more fun to me.

But I might slip up and squeeee sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
          I'm right here, Astro. You, sweetie, you.
          Good! ((((((((((((Liv))))))))))))

Originally posted by Liv
          As for ideas, how about:

Spoilers for "Before I Sleep"

Spoiler:
          They needed someone to bring her the pot so Weir could use it to spread the ashes at the end? Shep was available, ergo: present.
          Actually I thought about that for a second, and then realized they could have used an old jam jar ..

Originally posted by Liv
          But honestly, I adored that opening scene, I really did. It was very sweet and probably one of my favorites between the two, after that scene in The Eye. They have such an interesting dynamic going on. That's where my interest in them lies. In their chemistry. In the way that they interact. I will never call for any overt shippyness being written in, because frankly I don't see it benefiting the show. I will not budge on that.
          I agree, it just seemed a bit too shippy, which was good in a squee sense, but not so good when I’m thinking of future storylines…

Originally posted by Liv
          The scenes I have seen so far have been both lovely, intense and filled with conflict, but also respect. And with this episode, in terms of storyline, character develoment and the chemistry between Sheppard and Weir, I was very happy.

As for TPTB having intended the opening to be shippy or not, I just don't know what to think about that. I find it hard to believe that they would intentionally write in ship so early on in the first season. I think it's all very much in how we interpret the scenes for ourselves, and in this case I have to admit I did kind of see it as being shippy. Yes, I did. You may all proceed in picking your jaw off the floor now. So much of that lie in the way that JF and TH play it, though. On page, it may not have been intended as anything other than a friendly gesture.
          Ouch! That hurt! *rubs jaw then faints*

Comment

okay, guys, here's the second chapter of my fic.. Good Morning..

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2165320/2/

Let me know what you think! Hope you understand it!

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick

LOL!! Like it very much!

Comment

i new from the first ep that sheepard and weir are going to end up together and what happend in the beging befor i sleep poves it

Comment

Dr Weir was with the evil Major.
                  This line was HILARIOUS. I laughed out loud and fell partially out of my chair, even. Why does Beckett think the Major is evil, out of curiosity?

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                    I had issues with the way I saw RL in pre-Atlantis publicity, and the romantic interest billed between her and Sheppard (can anyone recall if that was really billed by anyone else but RL, because it suddenly occures to me that I think it might have just been her) didn't interest me at all. The character of Teyla hasn't really interested me at all, and honestly, I come from the Sam/Janet school of watching ship in Stargate, and I just couldn't see femslash with Teyla either. So I think I went into the series mainly as an Anti-Sheppard/Teyla shipper more than anything else.
                    Same feelings here. I cringe at the flirty Shep/Teyla scenes.

Interesting in that recent interviews JF has put to rest the rumors of Sheppard/Teyla ship but RL is still mentioning it. Makes one think RL either wants the Shep/Teyla ship or RL likes JF - IRL. Don't care to think of either!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I've no problem with the implied Shep/Telya in the first couple of eps - I was quite taken by it at first to be honest. But it's reasonable enough that these two people would be initially attracted to each other, but their relationship evolved into a close friendship instead...leaving room for Shep & Weir to board the ship

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick

that's a fantastic fic, and i love the subtle shippiness getting in there too. (as well as carson and michelle!!)
                        Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

UK guys!!!! Don't forget..it's the Storm tonight!!! the episode that converted me to a shep/weir shipper!!! Hoping for a blizzard of ship form both stargate's tonight.
                          Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                            that's a fantastic fic, and i love the subtle shippiness getting in there too. (as well as carson and michelle!!)
                            Thank you! (you've got competition by the way..)

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                              UK guys!!!! Don't forget..it's the Storm tonight!!! the episode that converted me to a shep/weir shipper!!! Hoping for a blizzard of ship form both stargate's tonight.
                              I know! I can't wait..!!!

And new Stargate...

Comment

So there's Shep/Weir in The Storm and possibly a little S/J in Gemini *crosses fingers *

What a night...
                                Last edited by shelsfc; 14 December 2004, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X