No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have never posted here before, but I come as friend to many of you, having enjoying chats and being friends with many people of many ships, including John/Elizabeth and including people of this thread. I am obviously of a different ship, but that is not the reason for my post here.
    The reason for my post is to ask you to please consider hurtful comments such as the ones being made tonight. I mean absolutely no disrespect, but it is unfortunately comments like these (Laughing at people and laughing at the lack of a ship in an ep? ) that only serve to further divide fellow Atlantis fans and serve no other purpose but to deepen conflict and purport hateful and wasteful ship wars. I know comments like this can come from any side, so again, I am not saying it is only from this thread. Sadly, it is all over.
    Let's please remember this and show respect to each other and put a stop to the embarrassment and childishness of ship wars. We only hurt each other in the end.

Thank you,
    Steph
    Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers
      Let's please remember this and show respect to each other and put a stop to the embarrassment and childishness of ship wars. We only hurt each other in the end.

Thank you,
      Steph
      Would you do US a favor? Kindly ask the Sheyla fans to stop going into the episode threads insulting Torri Higginson's appearance ("she has a muskrat on her head", etc.)? At least the discussion is staying in THIS thread and no one is bashing Rachel.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I have never posted here before, but I come as friend to many of you, having enjoying chats and being friends with many people of many ships, including John/Elizabeth and including people of this thread. I am obviously of a different ship, but that is not the reason for my post here.
        The reason for my post is to ask you to please consider hurtful comments such as the ones being made tonight.
        Thank you,
        Steph
        I certainly don't want to start any ship wars, and tried to avoid pejoratives while expressing my opinion. When others have opinions I don't like, I stay out of their threads. I certainly would never say anything negative about the actors themselves, but I feel I have a perfect right to say what I think about what I see onscreen, especially when I purposely did not express it in threads where it might be offensive.

And yes, I too am deeply offended by the vicious personal comments about the actors. I don't believe I have ever made one of those.
        SGA: the 3-season show...

Comment

I know comments like this can come from any side, so again, I am not saying it is only from this thread. Sadly, it is all over.

Thank you,
          Steph
          Uhm, some people had been freaking out about some rumors
          Spoiler:
          which turned out to be just smoke and mirrors, an exaggeration.

The way I see it people are just showing their relief, making a few harmless jokes, sorry, but this *is* the S/W thread, and people are
          Spoiler:
          rejoicing in the fact that certain rumors about a certain other ship being solidified, canonized, set in stone on tonight's episode were nothing but wishful thinking on some people's over imaginative minds. But this is the S/W ship thread, surely you shouldn't be surprised because people are happy that a ship other than Sheppard/Weir didn't have any moments during tonight's episode.

Comment

Originally posted by eyecandylovr
            I certainly don't want to start any ship wars, and tried to avoid pejoratives while expressing my opinion. When others have opinions I don't like, I stay out of their threads. I certainly would never say anything negative about the actors themselves, but I feel I have a perfect right to say what I think about what I see onscreen, especially when I purposely did not express it in threads where it might be offensive.

And yes, I too am deeply offended by the vicious personal comments about the actors. I don't believe I have ever made one of those.
            Thank you for your comments. Please know, I said the same thing in my regular thread as well. Again, we all sadly see this all over the forum. Attacks on each other, on actors, on a ship, or on a character are sadly way too rampant and sadly seem to be coming from a few that while not representing the whole, can cause dissention for the whole.
            Everyone has the right to express their opinion and everyone will think what they want, and certainly not everyone will agree with me. My hope in posting here was simply to extend a hand of friendship and to show that not all feel the same as the unfortunate few that make hurtful comments, such as the ones made about Elizabeth/Torri. I know the same is true here as well, as I have the pleasure of chatting with some of you.
            There is always a fine line between joking and hurtfulness, as we all know. I apologize if I misunderstood anything or if my comments were misunderstood in kind.
            Please know, my only intention and hope is to bridge this painful and unfortunate gap between our threads. I mean absolutely no disrespect and I am sorry my coming here was not well received. That is my fault as I apparently did not say the right thing.

Comment

Please know, my only intention and hope is to bridge this painful and unfortunate gap between our threads. I mean absolutely no disrespect and I am sorry my coming here was not well received.
              I do appreciate the tone of your comments, even if I don't completely share the views you expressed. And I did see that you posted that in the S/T thread as well. I guess I'm just saying if want to stay Zen (thanks Ronni!), I just stay out of threads based on viewpoints I don't share.

BTW, I would also like to point out that of all the posters I've read on this thread, Mel in particular is one of the most careful about not bashing other ships. In fact, she will sometimes even step in here and caution us about it. I think the majority of us here try not to bash, but it's frustrating to feel like you can't even express opinions here, no matter how carefully worded.

But no hard feelings as far as I'm concerned.
              SGA: the 3-season show...

Comment

I do appreciate the tone of your comments, even if I don't completely share the views you expressed. And I did see that you posted that in the S/T thread as well. I guess I'm just saying if want to stay Zen (thanks Ronni!), I just stay out of threads based on viewpoints I don't share.

BTW, I would also like to point out that of all the posters I've read on this thread, Mel in particular is one of the most careful about not bashing other ships. In fact, she will sometimes even step in here and caution us about it. I think the majority of us here try not to bash, but it's frustrating to feel like you can't even express opinions here, no matter how carefully worded.

But no hard feelings as far as I'm concerned.
                Thank you so much for your comments and for understanding what I was trying to say! I apologize again if my coming here appeared as intrusion. That was never my intention.
                But thank you; I really do appreciate it.
                Last edited by LoveConquers; 15 September 2006, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Well said. If anything, I don't like the bashing myself because I just hate fandom drama.

Pointing out that the rumors that were blown way out of proportion with regards to this episode, and how amusing it is to see that, yet again, they are unfounded, is a source of amusement, mostly because it's happened before. I don't view that as bashing. If I were a S/T fan, though, I think, after all the hype I'd seen ad nauseam with regards to S/T in "Phantoms" here on this forum, fueled by a small handful of S/T fans and BamBam, I'd be a little annoyed. Personally, I like the nice friendship moments between all the team members, and that includes Sheppard and Teyla. It just ends at friendship for me.

I've always said that one of the biggest problems between S/W and S/T fans is that, while S/W fans are willing to see where S/T fans could be coming from in terms of "shippiness" between their couple, S/T fans flatly refuse to see anything remotely shippy between S/W. That, in itself, is a large source of contention, along with the major amount of Weir/Torri bashing that is done. If one ship won't even acknowledge that the other exists, or has the right to exist, there can be no "meeting of the minds."

Comment

Originally posted by Pellmelody
                    there can be no "meeting of the minds."
                    This?! Is why I stay out of the S/T thread. My blood pressure can't take it.

I liked Phantoms
                    Spoiler:
                    SGA seriously needs Ronon to go all mental and sleeveless and shooting things -- Every. Single. Week.

Holy crap delusional Ronon is hot!!

Everybody looked good this week.

er... topic there were as many Sparky moments as Sheyla moments...

Comment

The reason for my post is to ask you to please consider hurtful comments such as the ones being made tonight. I mean absolutely no disrespect, but it is unfortunately comments like these (Laughing at people and laughing at the lack of a ship in an ep? ) that only serve to further divide fellow Atlantis fans and serve no other purpose but to deepen conflict and purport hateful and wasteful ship wars. I know comments like this can come from any side, so again, I am not saying it is only from this thread. Sadly, it is all over.

Thank you,
                      Steph
                      she does have a point. Although i think were pretty damn good at keep the ship bashing to a minimum, sometimes we get carried away (me included )
                      i think that im right in assuming that nearly everone likes Teyla here? and any "bashing" we do towards sheyla, i mean Teyla.. is all in good nature haha anywho i think ive completely missed my point... wat was i talking bout again... damn al-ca-ma-hol
                      three's a crowd...
                      ahh thats better

aww cute.

I think people who don't watch Atlantis are crazy.
                      And I think people who don't watch Stargate SG-1 are equally as whacked.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle
                        YAY *iz relieved* now SG1 finish so I can watch Atlantis. Also BamBam needs to stop feeding the shippers. He made me get angsty. Bad him, lol.
                        IIRC Bambam said that there would be S/T scenes of interest not that there would be S/T ship. I think folk thought of that what they wanted.

Dang I've been in politics too long.

I don't blame anyone for letting off a little steam in here, given the cr@p I've read about Weir on this forum. But not all S/T shippers are Weir bashers, most of them are lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                          IIRC Bambam said that there would be S/T scenes of interest not that there would be S/T ship. I think folk thought of that what they wanted.
                          Then took that and ran with it. And ran, and ran, and ran...

IMO, the only shippers that might have scored points in this ep were Spanky shippers, as Ronon's delusional state had him running off to save Telya there at the end. And I don't really ship that pair. Go figure.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                            I almost hate to say this, but it's making me giggle inappropriately. Phantoms
                            Spoiler:
                            Okay, this was supposed to be the big Shep/Teyla episode? He spent half the episode thinking she was a guy.

Otherwise I enjoyed the episode immensely. I like seeing that characters are friends, not just being told they are. Kind of like how I prefer to see that characters have chemistry and romantic tension.
                            Ok, I haven't actually seen the episode yet (so correct me if you need to)
                            Spoiler:

but are you saying that they had an actual scene together? They were actually talking to each other? In the same scene? As friends?

... My god. 3 Seasons in and we can finally score their first scene together on the scoreboard. And the best part?... it wasn't even real.

Erm... forgive the snarkiness.
                            hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Moomin
                              Ok, I haven't actually seen the episode yet (so correct me if you need to)
                              Spoiler:

but are you saying that they had an actual scene together? They were actually talking to each other? In the same scene? As friends?

... My god. 3 Seasons in and we can finally score their first scene together on the scoreboard. And the best part?... it wasn't even real.

Erm... forgive the snarkiness.
                              Spoiler:
                              They spent a good part of the episode together. But Sheppard lost it pretty quickly after they were split off from the rest of the group, so I don't know that it really counts as "together". Ideally, a scene that would be considered shippy should have both characters in full possesion of their mental faculties.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                                Spoiler:
                                They spent a good part of the episode together. But Sheppard lost it pretty quickly after they were split off from the rest of the group, so I don't know that it really counts as "together". Ideally, a scene that would be considered shippy should have both characters in full possesion of their mental faculties.
                                Like Siege 3?

Comment

Working...
                                X